Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  2:47:35 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, good for you for getting inventory done!

Tea_Lady_Tammy, glad to have you back on the porch with us :). Glad your wknd/conference was good as well :).

Cherime, hope you're feeling better soon!

Peggy, I hope that your swelling goes down & you're "back to normal" soon. Doesn't it seem to take forever?? But imagine your new teeth!

Ruthie, that property sounds wonderful! And so exciting to be able to build your own place! (I'm a little jealous :p) That sounds like a good craft challenge - and a good reason to start my Christmas presents! Except I think I'll start on the week of the 4th, since we have a PD day on the 2nd, and something (I don't know what) on the 3rd for work :s.

Janet, thanks for the raisin bread! I had frozen bread & bun dough in the freezer so I thought I'd give it a try, and it was such a disappointment. Not as much as the first batch I had - heavy, hard, empty shell things. Not impressed. Guess I'll just have to get organized some weekend & make a whole bunch of bread like my Mom used to.

Bunny, that proposal sounds really cool. If I could have done something like that when I was in college, I would have loved it! Unfortunately, I had no money, no space, no sewing machine and (the big one) no time :s. Good luck with it!

Well, for wanting a quiet day at home to do not much, it sure didn't happen! I put my three meals in the freezer, then decided I should do a freezer inventory before I got too much that wasn't eaten. Of course, I didn't do it right then, I did it in between dishes lol. I was getting sick of dishes or they had to soak, so I went & figured out what I have. (If I'd had hot water - or even warm! - yesterday afternoon, I would have done my dishes then. But for some reason, there was no hot water at all!) Thank goodness everything is labeled! I have stuffed shells/lasagna, chili, chicken stew, almond chicken, meaty spaghetti sauce, lentil rice, vegetarian chili, beef & lentil stew, fragrant spiced chicken, veggie burgers, carrot pineapple raisin muffins & apple sauce (all of the above is homemade), farmer's sausage with jalapenos, freezies (from the summer/my niece), some popsicles (from the weekend before I got my tonsils out), a pie shell, 2 bags of fries (only because they were on sale yesterday)....and I think that's about it! I'm happy to have a list & how much that I can put above the freezer & mark it off. Finished my dishes, took garbage out, filled the bird feeders....now I'm going to sit & relax & watch some more Gilmore Girls. It's finally snowing out - a decent amount! It actually covered up the dead, brown grass & looks like winter out! Not that warm, but that's alright. And a bit windy too. Have a good day ladies.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010

Edited by - 22angel on Feb 26 2012 2:50:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  4:11:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Ruth Ann, I think I may have missed your birthday, so Happy Late Birthday! And I hope you feel better!
Peggy, I hope your swelling goes down soon! I hope that your fibro doesn't add to the mouth pain as well:(
I hope that everyone else is doing well, too!
Well, thank you to everyone for your bf advice, but I am now just Megan, unnattached. It turns out that he really did mean what he said, I was not misinterpreting anything. Then I decided to mull for a few days, then told him I could give him a second chance, and he said he needed to think. About what I don't know, because he was the one who did me wrong. So I got a *text message* two days later telling me that he didn't think we should date anymore. I was so mad that he sent a text message, I had a moment and I let my temper get the best of me and I chucked my phone at the floor at school (after school, I promise!). I ended breaking my phone into three pieces, and my Mom got a new phone and I got her old one. But I'm not even sad, I'm mad that he sent a text message. But I'm over it, I'm moving on and focusing on school. We also had a dance at school yesterday, and that was a good way round out the week. And now I'm happy to be going to school tomorrow! I hope everyone has a great Monday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  01:05:35 AM  Show Profile
Megan...You Go Girl...he just was not mature enough for a relationship. Sorry you broke your phone though. He wasn't worth that! LOL There are many more fish out in that deep blue sea... I couldn't believe he broke up with you via a "TEXT".
Especially after the conversation we had on here about that very thing. LOL Forget him and enjoy school like you always have.

Pam...you are so smart for having all those freezer dinners on hand. Makes it so much easier when you come home from work and dont have to figure out a meal...when you are tired from both working and
driving home.

Alyce...glad that you got through Inventory. I use to do it in my sleep all night (the night before we actually did it) LOL I always kind of enjoyed Inventory days. We had so much fun besides all the hard work. It was always a relief when it was over and we had a good clean inventory under our belts for another year. Never fun if you had to re-do it.

Janet...thanks for the Raisen bread...I gummed it into manageable bites.

Teacher Tammy...so glad that you had a good conference. But glad to have you back on the Porch.
Oh, we absolutely will need to see new pictures of Jax once he gets his new hair cut.

Bunny...how was your weekend? When will you hear about financing for school? I am sure you were busy with homework...but hope you got some time to enjoy some sewing and crafting over the weekend. Awesome to hear that your Farm Sisters are supporting your on-line business. I love that bright cheery flower you are
making.

Cherime...hope you get to feeling better soon girlfriend. Praying for you.

Judy...hey girlfriend, thanks for all the great Forwarded E-mails and E-Cards this week. You have been my comic relief...even when I didn't feel much like laughing *behind my hands* LOL

I went to my youngest sons tonight for dinner and we watched a Media Movie. It was so funny! My future DIL made me mashed potatoes with meat sauce marinara. And sent me home with small cups of applesauce and pudding. She is such a Sweetheart. Just love her to death. She is going to be starting to attend the Bible Study I teach on thursday nights, this week. We are starting Beth Moore's Study...
"So Long Insecurity...you've been a really bad friend." We also have 3 other new women starting...so, we will have a very full house this session. But growth is good!

I took Snickers our Scotty over there to play with his brother Brindle and let's just say that they will both be sleeping very well tonight.

I have almost finished my tea and I am ready for bed and my book. Have any of your E-Reader gals tried the New Interactive Books? I am trying my first one on my Kindle. Should be fun...to get to make decisions on how the book turns out.

Wow...Drum roll please...I just noticed that this is my 2500 POST and I made it on my favorite thread. Woot, woot, woot! Maybe I will do a
give away on my 3,000th. We are about to hit a 500 Post Mile Stone here on The Porch! How shall we celebrate it girls???? Any Ideas?

All right.. Sweet Dreams My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 27 2012 01:09:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  08:45:53 AM  Show Profile
Managed to in to the office this am. Had to work on the bosses computer. Something was sideways with it and Jeff, the one who does the financial stuff, could not get in. Finally I think I will work. Good deal with payroll coming up.
This cold is a goner! I have decided I am not taking any more from it. Took the dog for her little walk this am. Thankfully there were no moose lurking.
Blessings all later.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  10:33:21 AM  Show Profile
Megan, you can do SO much better than a child like that!

Tammy, welcome back!

Peg, I wish I could say I enjoyed it...the other girl (usually a joy to work with) counted maybe twelve items and left the rest for me. *sigh* At least it's done!

I hope everyone's feeling better today!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  10:41:07 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, congrats on the 2500 posting. Such commitment! Glad you are at least able to enjoy some decent food.

Megan, boys are not worth broken phones. If so... there would be piles of them. (phones not boys). Time to move on. They can be so distracting anyway. Wait until you get to college and meet some with brains.

Cherime, glad you and doggie got out for a walk. I love the stuff about the moose. Hang in there. Spring will be here before you know it.

Tea Lady Tammy, nice to see you back. I'm sure your butterflies are in full wing today.

Pam, so cool about your precooked meals. I have never been able to do that. I hate to cook. If I could just take a pill and be done with it I would. Good for you!

Well, today is a homework day. Yesterday I spent 5 hours doing accounting homework with my fellow student. Today is writing homework for all my other classes. I don't know when I'll hear about my scholarship but it pays for the next quarter of classes which start April 2. So I should know soon.

Made some more crochet flowers last night. I'm having fun creating different ones. I don't think I could repeat any of the designs as I just do it on the fly. But I have two ladies on the over 50 group that want to buy them. I found a cute little crochet heart pattern I may try too. So much to learn. But I'm having fun. I treated myself to some more colors of yarn. I never buy anything for myself so this was a gift to myself. I can't wait! My basket will be over flowing with color.

Stay warm and Healthy everyone.

Farmgirl number 3738

my blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My fabric shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  3:28:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Eveyone

Ruth I am praying for you. That is so scary. I agree try the injections.

Peggy I emember when my momma had her teth pulled for dentures. I was about 5 at the time. I was afraid of her because she did not look like my momma. At least your boys are old enough to give you a hard time and not be afraid of you. I hope you fee better soon.

Cherime I hate sinus problems. I seem to get one every time the weather changes. I feel for you. I will also be praying for you.

Pam you are so organized. I am doing good if I get things labled! Sometimes I make meals ahead but usually we eat what I make and you the left overs for lunch.

Megan I am sorry he was an idiot. But a least you know now and can move on. My youngest DD got a break up text and she tossed her phone too. Must be the new way to break up.

Well I had a very easy week end. the weather was cold, wind, and rainy so we stayed in and watched tv. Sometimes you need a do nothing weekend. The next couple will be busy.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  6:10:05 PM  Show Profile
Dianne ID - I used to not be organized! Or just plain lazy. Not so long ago, I would make something in a crockpot (not a small one, oh no, it was a huge 6 qt one!), and then end up eating it for the next week for 2 meals a day. Of course, that was before the freezer (the big one & the larger one on top of the fridge). Now I like that I can make a few things every week or two, and I can put it into containers, label it, freeze it, then pull it out. It's great. (I also live by myself - hence the same meal for 2 meals a day for a week! - so I have no one to eat left overs except me :s).

Bunny - I used to not like cooking either, especially since it's so hard to train myself not to cook "family size" meals. I always figure that if I'm gonna make something, I may as well "make it big". So that's been hard. But now that I have my deep freeze & a whole bunch of small containers (and my tape & sharpie!), it's not so bad.

Megan - that's terrible what your ex did - or rather how he did it. In the words of Stephanie Tanner (from Full House, remember?) "How Rude!".

Peggy - congratulations on the 2500th post! That's exciting!

Well ladies, I think I'm going to be making some changes in my life in the near future. I don't know what just yet, but it's coming. The fact that I'm thinking about it (seriously at that!) is a step. I always have this weird sense of loyalty (that really doesn't make sense), and it keeps me from moving forward. I also think it had/has a lot to do with the perfectionism & people pleasing tendencies I have. But I am really considering some different options & what I can do/what is actually out there. Wish me luck!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  6:18:59 PM  Show Profile
meep! I've been neglecting my porch sitting and it's catching up to me!

Well, work is getting worse and worse... dunno if it's just the way people are acting in general, or what. I felt like I was leaving a looney bin today!

At home now, just finished cooking and Josh is coming through the door... the house is relatively clean, and we're waiting for family to get here. Josh's cousin & his family are on their way from Oklahoma, but got stuck just south of Waco (about an hour north of us) because, according to Josh, there was a high speed chase with a shoot out on the interstate.

and I still need to get ready for my cousin's wedding in two weeks. Having a hard time with that because she's my baby cousin and she's getting married before me. I'm kidna worried I'll bawl my eyes out, both just because it's a wedding, and (as ashamed as I am to admit this) because I'm a bit envious...

Well, I better go eat supper before Josh starts getting on to me. Hope everyone is doing well on the porch! I'll try to pop in againsoon!!

Miranda

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  7:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Girls,
Hope all is well all. I'm scheduled for my 1st injections on Friday. All this is very scary to me and I'm very happy about going. But I will.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  8:48:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Thank you to everyone for support on the boyfriend thing! I've really decided to dedicate myself to my school, family, friends, and faith. I think it will be all good!
Peggy, congrats on the 2,500 post! What if for our 500 post, we do a swap here on the porch? I would be more than willing to organize it. We could do a friendship swap: you get a partner, and you send them an appreciation gift of sorts. Anyone else in?
Bunny, crochet flowers are so fun! That's what I made for the ornament swap here, and I also made one for my aunt and uncle for Christmas. They're cute and easy to make, too.
Dianne, I think it's a bad way to break up! It does seem to be a trend though.
Pam, good for you for making a change. Half of doing anything is starting it, so you're halfway there!
Miranda, have fun with Josh's family!
Ruthie, I'll be praying for you on Friday!
Today was a good Monday! I had two study halls, and I also had rugby practice. Yes, it's already starting up again! Tomorrow I have an overnight retreat, so I won't be able to come on, but I'll be back Wednesday! Have great Tuesdays and Wednesdays porchies!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  7:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Megan, sorry for the ending to your relationship. But it's better to be rid of guys like that, even if it doesn't feel like it. You play rugby!?!? Wow you must be one tough chickie. :) Mr. Ex had better be respectful or he may be in a lot of trouble. :)

Ruth, I hope the injections work.

Miranda, High speed chace with shootout! EGAD!

Pam, I need to organized like you just don't have the energy to force myself to do it. But I'll get there, just you wait and see!! lol

Dianne, doing nothing is Biblical. We're supposed to work 6 rest 1. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Bunny, how do you do it all? School (with excellent grades I might add), all your sewing and crafting, and fibro???? Good for you!

Cherime, hope you are feeling better. Take no guff from those moose. Show 'em whose boss.

So yesterday I was informed that there was a town near by that had dinosaurs. So today I packed up the rugrats and we went. They loved it.

This morning I put nesting boxes in with some of my does (rabbits). I swear Snow White was holding her legs together because she jumped in there and started making a nest. By the time I came out at noon to bottle feed Celestia she had given birth to 8 babies. Jazmin is looking rotund but no babies yet.

In a couple of weeks I'll be weaning these babies and even have someone interested in buying a few of them!!

We celebrated Jackson's 6th Birthday by having supper out. The party was the week before because Hubby was gone on the actual birthday. He should be home on Friday. By the sounds of it he'll be exhausted when he gets back. Sounds like their schedule is fast and furious.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  8:05:33 PM  Show Profile
Pam&Peggy, I'm sure glad you Gals are enjoying Gilmore Girls. Where are you both in the Seasons? I may just have to start them again. It's been awhile. Such a fun show.
I love the dinosaurs. Looks like the kids had lots of fun.
We're suppose to get rain starting around 3 AM and all day tomorrow. But in trade for the gloom we will have 60's. ummmm...ok...sure!hahaha
Nity-nite Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  12:31:38 AM  Show Profile
Hey Megan...I am all for a Swap to Celebrate our 500 posts on the Porch. So, sign me up and let's see how many others we can get enthused about it. I like it!!!

Cherime...is there anything you can't do girlfriend? I love your tenatious spirit. I could even see you best a Moose. LOL

Bunny...I don't know if I have such commitment...I just like to talk a lot! lol
Can't wait to see your crochet Heart when you get one done. I love all things Hearts! Isn't it fun to get new yarn? I am like a kid in a candy store when I am in a yarn store...and I can't just look, I have to buy!

Ruthie...I am glad that you are atleast going to try the injections. Are you afraid of needles? Just close your eyes if you are.

Dianne...I kind of scare myself when I look in the mirror. lol I look like some old toothless granny from the olden days.
I will be glad when this is all over with.
My youngest son promised to take me out for a n;ice Prime Rib dinner once I have my new teeth.
I am holding him to it. It has been one week today since the teeth were pulled and already I am sick of pudding, pureed food stuff and popcycles. And I still have 8 more weeks to go. Yuck!
Tonight I drank a slimfast for dinner and it tasted better than a lot of things I have eaten lately (or I should say drank lately).

Pam...where are you at on the Gilmorer Girls? I am still on Season Two. Not getting as much watched now that hubby is home 5 out of 7 days per week.
But I do sooooo enjoy them.

Miss Miranda...just getting ready to send The Porch Posse' after you.
High Speed chases are becoming the Norm these days...kind of scary if you ask me.
Enjoy the Wedding...go and have fun. Laugh, Cry and Celebrate...that's what Weddings are for.

Kimberly...were there more dinosuers besides just one in that town? Looks like the kiddos were having fun! ~ Wow, more baby bunnies huh? I love that picture of your black and white bunnies. Reminds me of the song "Ebony and Ivory". They are so cute all snuggled up.

Judy...we are suppose to see a little snow tomorrow. Which would be fun if it really happens. Not holding my breath though.

Well...Sweet Dreams Girls!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  05:12:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all...It's 8:00 am in New York and I decided to have a huge breakfast this morning. I made homemade waffles and now I feel like a little piggy oink oink lol. Anyway, my hubby took my little truck to work today to pick up my daughter's bassinet for our grandchild (not due till Sept.)...what's the rush I don't know :) So I am stuck in today not going anywhere. Guess I will do major cleaning and postings on here. All have a good day!

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  07:53:40 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! We've been so busy I haven't been able to check in and had a ton of pages to read to catch up. Michigan awoke this morning to drizzly rain with slushy roads - not very nice weather. The man made me promise to leave early for work because the news was listing tons of school cancellations and multiple accidents in the area so he was concerned about the roads. Roads were fine so I got to work super early (not a bad thing).

I'm so excited I had to share with you all - I took my first spinning class last night!!!! It was so much fun. I'm addicted :O) Don't know if they were just being nice or not but they said it was some of the best first spinnings they'd ever seen. I probably spun about 3 ounces. Once I get this Jeep issue settled I'll be starting my spinning wheel fund :O) I'll try to post pics tonight if I remember of my yarn. I might try making a scarf out of it since there won't be a ton of yarn to work with. I'll have to check and see if they have any more of the roving that I can purchase. I used the gift certificate that the man gave me for Christmas and still have enough on it to take another class. The class was $10 and that included my wheel use. I bought 6 oz of roving so that was $12. What was even better was I was the only student for the class.

PeggyAnn - Sorry you're in so much pain with the whole dental thing. I'll keep you in my thoughts. You mentioned watching a movie on your Kindle Fire. Have you checked into Amazon Prime? For $75/yr you can download and watch movies, I think it's one book a month you can read for free, and you also get free 2-day shipping on anything you order. There are a couple other perks to it. I'm thinking the book a month for free might be a good deal since there are books I'd like to read but know I wouldn't want to read again. I signed up for it last month so I'm still getting a feel for it. It's so nice not to have to wait for all the items to ship at the same time to get free shipping and now I get them in 2 days instead of a week or more.

Ruth Ann - Sorry you're still not feeling well. I agree you should probably get the shots if you're in constant pain so your body can get some relief.

Not sure who started the raisin bread discussion but it's making me hungery for some. Might have to put some in the machine for breakfast tomorrow. Sounds good with this damp weather with a hot cup of tea.

Ruth Ann & Marlene - I grew up primarily in Plymouth, Indiana, and graduated there. My family still lives in Walkerton. I lived in Monteray (by Culver) for several years and started school there. I have step family scattered all over the place down there.

Well time to get back to work. Have a great day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

fiberbug
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

GA - Georgia
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  07:55:37 AM  Show Profile
Mmmm, waffles... We had Cheerios, but we did have breakfast, which is a step in the right direction. And I made us both a yummy, healthy lunch! I always feel so much more productive when I manage to roll out of bed early.

I'll probably be cleaning today too. I don't drive, and it's rainy, so I won't be able to do much outside. So cleaning it is! And organizing! We just moved a few months ago, and we're still trying to get everything organized.

Hope everyone else is having a great day. :) I sure am, so far!

Rose - I'm a new spinner too! Isn't it fun? If you want to keep practicing while you save up for your wheel, you could get a spindle. That's what I'm using. I haven't tried spinning on a wheel yet, so I can't really compare the two, but I've had a pretty easy time learning. :)

Fiber-crazy Future Farmer

Edited by - fiberbug on Feb 29 2012 08:20:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  08:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Ladies, Last night was a long night. My first night with tornato warnings since weve move to south west Mo. i was a lil freaked out i did sleep at all. how ever the hubbie was passed out, guess he know i would worry enough for the both of us. Im still im the process of moving thimgs to the new house just down the road, hopefully the hubbie an the guy he works with have a cpl hrs this week to spare to move the big stuff that i cant move on my own. The landlord sold the house were moving out of so she is wanting us out with a quickness. I hate living between houses, i can wait for this to be over. the house were moving to is a 16 ac. farm. O an Ladies I have a beautiful sceened in porch. Im exited cause we can have animals. I thinking bout chickens, Any ideas on with ones i should get what ones do ual like an enjoyed. well Till next time you Ladies take care and for you ladies that are not filling well im praing for you.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  08:46:53 AM  Show Profile
So now here comes the icey rain, which I hate. My poor Autumnalis Cherry Tree in front of my house has buds already...Now I'm afraid they will freeze :(

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  10:18:40 AM  Show Profile
HAHA Peggy I figured y'all would come after me and I needed to take a second to say hi.

SO Come to find out, the highspeed chase that got the family locked up in traffic for a couple hours.... was a 64 year old woman!!! They don't know why she fled, but she was doimg 120, they set out spike strips, and she sped over them and KEPT doing 90, she tried to run over a cop (shortly after narrowly missing our family's vehicle and an 18 wheeler) so DPS took out her tires. The car caught on fire and they STILL had to break a window to get her out. GOOD HEAVENS!!!

Funny thing, with 4 adults, a preteen girl and 3 boys, you'd think I'd be a wreck, but I am enjoying it. I adore Josh's family, and, rowdy as the boys are, I am doing ok. I think it's different because 1) they are family and 2) they do actually listen to me. The youngest tries to bat his big blue eyes at me but it doesn't work HAHA and the middle boy referred to me as "Josh's wife". They told him we weren't married yet and he says "So, you're his girlfriend?" "Yep." "But, you're gonna get married, right?" "Yep, some day." "Okay." *trots off*. He's my favorite. HAHA!!

In a way I think this has helped me be able to calm down a bit, and I am not as stressed about my cousin's wedding coming up. It's still gonna make me cry, just not as bad.

WELL I have a ton of paperwork to go file and a ton more to review before my meeting in a little more than an hour, so I'd better be off. BUT I will try to catch up again, soon.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  1:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, there were many more than just one dinosaur. 20 something actually. And they were pretty accurate in size too. Just didn't want to bother you all with the plethora of pictures I took!!! I get camera crazy sometimes. Kids are just so cute!

Joan, we had waffles too!!! I had homemade yoghurt, homemade waffles, bacon, fruit and orange juice. Happy children.

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  1:29:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kimberly: how do you make the yogurt? We love yogurt

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  1:48:07 PM  Show Profile
Joan

Buy yogourmet (from a healthfood store), it's freeze dried yogurt starter. There are instructions inside about how much to use for the amount of milk you have. Heat the milk to 180 degrees. Cool it to 108 degrees. Add the yogurt starter and incubate for 4+ hours (I most often do it overnight). Do it until it's the consistency and flavor that you like. There are lots of different ways of doing it. You can buy a yogurt maker, put it in the oven etc. The method I use is to put the jars of yogurt on a heating pad and cover with a towel. Then put it in the fridge to stop the process and it's ready to enjoy. It's kind of a trial and effort thing. Yogurt and cheeses are kind of an art form. Nothing turns out exactly the same every time. The next time you make yogurt you can use a portion of the first batch to make the second instead of using more of the starter. After a while it will lose it's potency though so you'll need to use the starter again. I use my goat's milk and from all the studies I've seen my yoghurt has far more health benefits than what you would buy in the store. :)

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  1:53:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Kim, and that was a fast reply lol

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  1:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Is it...okay to cry a little, gals? This is going to sound really silly, but I'm pretty busted up.

Davy Jones of the Monkees died this morning.

The Monkees have been my favorite group since I was a kid (a number of my internet handles reference their music). They got me through a nervous breakdown when I was a teenager...I had their autographs but lost them in a move.

It's not much compared to everything else, but there you have it. I'm going to have some white-chocolate-filled red velvet cake--but don't worry, I brought enough for everyone!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page