Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  09:04:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh Bunny, that is great news. Wouldn't that be nice if you could teach enough to make a living and maybe use your fabric for the classes? Good luck early!!!!!

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  10:01:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Joan -

We have never stayed at Millstream, but will keep it in mind if Smoketown isn't available. I heard they are a lot more expensive than Smoketown - is that true?

I'd love to be a penpal as long as you don't mind waiting sometimes for a reply from me. I work full time, plus sometimes volunteer at local events on weekends, so my writing times can be sporadic.

I'll e-mail you with my address!

Hugs to everyone - and prayers too!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  10:10:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Luanne: I actually think that Millstream may be slightly cheaper than Smoketown. The last time my husband and I were there was in December 2011(weekday) and the room was 98.00. Not sure what Smoketown's rate is. I haven't been there in months actually.

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  1:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Went out to bottle feed my goatling and discovered another just born! My Fancy Black Pearl just had her first baby. They appear to be doing well.

So my quick chore turned into a little extra time making sure he was nursing and deworming her, trimming her feet. I've got them secluded for now just to give them some time to bond and for her to get used to being a mommy, then I let all the other mommas and their babies in. He's so cute. Figured since I was out there I might take some pictures of my baby rabbits....

Then my puppies were being so dog gone cute....

I took more but I'll quit now.... :) Hope you are all having a great day and those in pain are feeling better.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  8:48:36 PM  Show Profile
Had a pretty good day today. Was excited to see 3 internet orders for my online fabric shop. I was thinking of taking it down. But maybe things will pick up. All three were farmgirls! Love farmgirl support. I'll have to get more stuff on the site other than fabric. I have some purses, pincushions and tea wallets I want to put on the site. It just takes so much time and I'm impatient. It takes a long time to photograph everything just right, then get it on the site so it looks good.
I got all my papers turned in for the local scholarship through the community college here. Hopefully they will take pity on me and I'll get the maximum amount. :)

I will be out of school for the summer but returning in the fall. Last year I taught a kids sewing class for 5 sessions. I hope to do it again this year. I need to get started thinking about some new projects. I know I can repeat a few. But I'm hoping I'll have some returning students. We had fun.
I do hope my teaching at the quilt show gets me more teaching jobs. It is hard to get people motivated. Quilt shops will offer classes but people don't sign up and then complain when there aren't any classes available. I use to have that problem in my store for years. I love to teach and would love to do it full time for money. I also started a pet sitting business. No customers yet, but I hope this summer will get things started. I have been putting the word out everywhere I can.

Hope all you ladies under the weather get well soon!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  9:12:29 PM  Show Profile
Nice animals Kim! DD saw some baby goats today and thinks we need one. We are out in the country but can't have them. I need most of my grass for the rabbits. Yours' are adorable. The gray one looks like Babs from Looney Toons Babies. Don't know if you ever saw that cartoon.

I went on DD's fieldtrip with her to a cave today. It was a fun half day adventure. 75 more pages and I'll be done with my 300 page book for this week. Next week I'm taking the test for Neonatal Resuscitation. Only went to one c-section this week.

Bunny- I bet your mom was surprised to see those construction guys come in the middle of the night. I remember you saying she doesn't get up till around 11. Sounds like your sewing and quilting will be picking up a lot.

Feel better Peg.

Hi to everyone and sorry if I'm missing replies to some. Can't tell whether I'm coming or going this week. Looking forward to a big slow down next week.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  06:22:36 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies.

I'm hoping that since it's Friday today, it's a good day at work. I stayed home yesterday & melted into the couch. I had only got about 4 hours of sleep, and was slightly nauseous & dizzy, so I decided to stay home. I'm still tired today, but so much better than yesterday. Of course, I really just want to sleep for a long time. I think the stress is getting to everyone. Maybe I'll be back on later tonight, we'll see. Hope you all have a good day!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  10:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Ruth I will be praying also. Hope DH gets better soon.

Luanne I thought about telling him, but he might never try a new coffee again. LOL

Peggy I will keep you in prayer. Pain in any form is just bad!

Bunny that is wonderful news. congrats! Prayers that you get more teaching jobs.

Kimberly love the pics. Please keep them coming. If I can't have a goat here i will just love yours. Baby bunnies are so cute once they get fur. LOL

Julie I hope it slows down for you soon.

Pam I know the feeling. All I want to do today is sleep. I, however, have to work. Maybe tomorrow?

It is sunny but windy here. That is to be expected. I tell everyone we need the wind to blow this lousy weather out and some really nice weather in. That is what my dad use to tell me when I was little.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  11:19:56 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies,
Here goes. Please forgive any mispelled words as I'm trying to type between the tears. Well went to the dr. yesterday ans didn't get a good report. I'm really scared as the dr. says that I have 3 cytes and arthsis in the last 3 virabrais along with a punch nerve in one of the virabrais. He's not considered with the cytes but I am. So this is what the treatment plan. He came me a shot in the sore spot in my thigh to calm down the muscles and nerves. So today no pain expect when I first woke up. The pain was were the dog had been laying next to my leg. I'm thinking because that spot is sore and had double the heat. Soon after waking I took 2 tynols and my muscle relaxer and pain was gone.
So here's what he wants to do is put me to sleep and inject 1 of the nerves. If still having pain then I get put to sleep again to inject the last nerve. This not a total cure just a way to make feel better. But may have to this again down the road depends how my body takes the injections.
Don't know what to think about this and not if should do it if not a cure just a bandaid persay. Anyone have an ideas bout this?
So I ask you to please keep me in your prayers.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  11:40:52 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie...try the injections dear one. If it lessens your pain (even IF it is not a cure) it will
still help. I know a lot of Fibro and Arthritis Patients that have to go through many pressure point
injections to get any relief. My sister is one of them. She lives in Spokane but would fly to
Seattle for the injections and then she got the pain down enough that just wearing an electrical
pulsating Tens Unit would get her through her work hours. A Tens Unit might help you too. You might
talk to your Dr. about getting one. They use to be by Dr. Perscription only...but that may be different
these days. I am praying for you my lovely lady! I am listening to K-Love Christian Radio as I post
and the words right now are "I will not fear the storm, my help is on the way. He will not delay. My God will come through...ALWAYS!' Those are powerful words to cling to in the midst of your pain.
By the way darlen...I got your lovely wash clothes yesterday and the altered clothes pins. Thank YOU!
Made my Week!!!

My face is still very swollen (from my eyes down) and I still have to depend on pain pills. I am hoping
that one full week will change that. I think I will have no problem going out in public once the
swelling and pain is gone...because as long as I don't laugh, most people wouldn't know that I am toothless.
LOL My oldest son said that I look like one of The Bernstein Bears and my youngest son says that it
looks like I just did 5 rounds with a heavy weight. Aren't they Special?? LOL They love giving their mama
a hard time.

I watched my first rented movie on my Kindle Fire last night while I was in bed. Talk about cool! I watched THE HELP and I liked it just as much as The Book! I think it only cost me $3.00 to rent it for 48 hours. I will be doing that again.

OK, need to go make some soup into baby-food consistency...I am hungry! I am still lurking everyday...but don't feel up to saying much at the moment. My head can't get past the pain to think.

Thanks for all the prayers and encourgements My Porchies. Love You All So Much!

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 24 2012 11:45:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  1:20:47 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie, so sorry about the Dr visit. At least try it. I agree with Peggy though, look into alternative things.

Peggy, I'm glad you are doing better. Funny about your sons. At least they aren't taking pictures when you least expect it.

Well, I have had 4 internet fabric orders in the last 2 days. I'm so happy! I really needed the money big time! I guess I better get to work on putting more of my fabric online.

Not much else going on. I am going to do a proposal to the college I'm going to for me to teach a "creative" sewing class. Hopefully it can be marketed to younger sewers. We can make purses, skirts, fabric post cards... I have so many ideas for small projects. I figure if I submit a formal proposal they will make an effort to really look at the possibilities.

Anyway, off to get some lunch and submit some homework.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  3:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Ann praying for you.
Peg, you too.
Bunny, I think getting the photos right is the worst part. I keep threatening to open a Etsy site but now I find the pix are not good with the pillow slips. I have to get another back ground fabric as the one I used washed it all out.
On top of that I have a lousy sinus problem that is effecting me in the most horrible manner, I am fine until I lie down then I get dizzy and have a terrible time sleeping. Yuk!!!
Kim those are lovely babies you have, pups and all. Blessings ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  5:56:46 PM  Show Profile
Ok. I'm tried of being and feeling sick. So I'm going to enjoy National Craft Month which starts on March 1st. I'm going to make something different each week and maybe each day depending on my time. I posted a topic March is National Craft Month in the Stitching and crafting form Go there and post what u r working on. I'd like see 100 posts by the end of March. So who's up for the challenge?
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  5:35:59 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, you poor thing. Sure hope the swelling goes down fast so you can feel normal again.....and not be a joke to the boys! lol
Ok Ruthie, times up on "feeling sick." No more! Got it? Good! From now on it's sunshine,posies and happy thoughts! Right? LOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  6:09:31 PM  Show Profile
Just dropping by to leave some home made raisin bread on the porch for all of you to enjoy. Remember, it has no calories!!! LOL!!! Cold here, only 19 right now. A bit of snow tomorrow, but a storm coming in on Wednesday, so they are telling us.
Peggy, hope your mouth is starting to feel some better. Once this is all behind you, you will feel so much better. Keep resting and healing.
Take care all, and stay warm and dry.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  06:04:40 AM  Show Profile
Hope everyone is doing well. I'm keeping each of you in my prayers. I had a wonderful day yesterday. I enjoyed the beatiful sun and was able to get with very little pain. I went to the goodwill 1/2 price sale,to target to get me a memory foam pillow. At the goodwill I found a market basket, a wooden thread holder,afew patterns,a bright colored flat sheet that were going to use in Katy's new apartment. We can make curtains,shower curtian,tablecloth or just an apron. We'll decide that when she comes home in a few weeks for a visit/collge spring break. Of course I picked up a few books. I have a library of my own here. Not sure how we'll ever move all these books but we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.
Well I guess I have my work cut out for me good news did come last nite. Hubby is talking about building a house on the property we have in Southern Indiana. We have 10 1/2 acres out in the country up on a ridge. It has beatiful wild flowers in the middle growing and trees all in the back. Looks like heaven.This means I have to start downsizing some and packing . Not totally sure what we have in this old house as we lived here 21 years. I might be surprised what I find as I clean out the storage room. I'm going to have to take it real slow so I don't trigger the pain but I'm very excited.I'm sure it will at least a year before the move but at least there's talk and I start to get ready.

Peggy- Hope your feeling better and swelling is going down. Kids aren't they funny.
Judy- Your so write no more been sick enough already.
Well a good morning everyone I'm off to church and work,
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  06:24:16 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, where in southern Indiana. I'm from S.Indiana ?

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  08:50:42 AM  Show Profile
Marlee,
Were half way between Hardinsburg and Milltown? Where r u from?
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  09:46:10 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie, that's great news!

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday and is feeling well!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  09:47:03 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie...you sound very excited about the prospects of moving...that is great as long as you take it slowly. That is what caused my pain on both sides of my legs last Oct. I had only two weeks to pack my whole place up and two weeks to move it over to the new House.
I remember the pain starting during the packing up phase. I thought I was having extreme Sciatica and Flaring Fibro from all the heavy lifting but didn't have time to go to The Dr. Until Dec.
Found out I had what is called Lateral Pain. When I got home from the Doc I knew what the pain was but not what caused it. The pain is usually on one side or the other from your hip to your knee to your ankle. I was blessed with it running down both legs. Come to find out it is caused from weight training or other strenuous forms of excercise and arthritis can cause it to flare in
your body too. Well, the only form of excercise I had, had was that move. I still have the pain to
date...but it is lessening. I tell you all this just to caution you...because from your discriptions of your pain early on I felt like you were having lateral pain also. It is one of the most excrutiating form of pain that I have ever delt with. You might just google
Lateral Pain on your computer and read up on it.
So, you can pack the boxes girl but let hubby carry them. You see my problem was my hubby is 8 yrs older than me and I was trying to spare him body pain by doing everything myself. Plus back in Oct. he was working full time. Knowing what I know now...I wouldn't do that again. (I say that but I know me...I would still try to spare him as he will be 69 this year.) lol

Bunny, Cherime, Janet, Judy and others...thanks for your prayers and good thoughts directed my way. I actually went out in public late yesterday afternoon. See, I too can be humbled. It's not all vanity.
As my swelling goes down...my upper lip is almost a tiny line.
I have very thin lips to begin with. In a few days I will probably have no upper lip left showing. *Weird*...I think it will start to look strange when I talk. Right now it looks fine when I talk...but If I laugh I have to hide my mouth behind my hand. Don't want to gross anyone out by showing my sutured gums that look like raw hamburger. Ok,
sorry more information that you all needed.

We were suppose to get snow today but nothing. Just very cold out.

Hope you all have a Blessed Lord's Day.

Love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  10:36:17 AM  Show Profile
This crud is wiping the floor with me. Made worse by having to slip out the door and walk the dog because a moose was bedded down in her run area and could not put her on the line. She needed to go potty and hence the need for a walk.
Peg, it will all come right in the end just hang in there.
Blessings ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  12:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi There,We're having sun/upper 30's/calm today. It's nice to see that all the birdies didn't get blown away the other day. We had 60 MPH gusts. Scary.(Earlier in the day it was 49 and raining)Every time a gust would hit the house, I'd say,"God I'm scared,can you give me courage?" And You know what? HE DID!!!
Praise His wonderful name!I felt a calm come over me every time. Then right before bed it started snowing so hard it was almost a white-out and 29.
Poor Cherime,You are going thru it too like Ruthie and Peg. I can't wait to live in Heaven...no more sickness or pain...and NO MORE DENTAL WORK!!! AMEN??? LOL
10 1/2 acres Ruthie, how nice for yuns! I'm tickled for you too and I'm not even there. hahaha What a view you'll have.
Well make it a good day Girls!
Toodles!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  12:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Although I live in Louisiana now,I grew up in Indiana. A small town called Florence next to the Ohio river. Always shopped in Vevay 7 miles away.
Oh Madison which is a big town about 20-30 miles away. My sister lives in Madison.Thank you Ruth!
Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  1:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Yoo hoo I am back porchies,
ahhhh to be back on the porch. I have missed you terribly. I did have a very good conference and have lots to process but it was good. Now I have to catch up on my grading of papers, but that will come.

Peggy so glad to know you are doing better. Very proud of you. you are one brave woman.

Ruthie~I am sorry about your report. But I agree with Peggy try the shots. It may not cure it, but help you be able to live with it and that is saying a lot. Glad you are excited about possible move. Keeping you in prayer.

Bunny so glad to hear your online business is picking up. Will keep you in prayer about school.

Judy waving at you *wink* love you dearly

well ladies my teapot is singing and so is the dryer. Amazing how much accumlated with me being gone.

love to you all
Tammy

PS jax my pup has not let me out of his sight. He is getting groomed for the first time this week will post pictures afterwords.

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  2:24:39 PM  Show Profile
Bragging rights! I finally finished inventory at my day job--and did it all with very little caffeine, no less. I'm going to go collapse into that comfy-looking chair in the corner of the porch now, okay? (Hopefully, I will dream of new designs for my business....)

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page