Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  11:00:44 AM  Show Profile
Howdy!

Thought I'd come over and see what was happening. I brought some mocha, tea, and hot chocolate if anybody's thirsty!

I read back a bit and--can I just give everybody a virtual hug?

I've got a few things to rant about, but...right now, is it okay if I just sit here, spin my yarn, and just BE with all you wonderful gals?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  12:17:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alyce, Welcome Sista!Glad you found us! Thanks for the "Cuppa"! mmmmmmm....
Kimberly...I have a pet hairless rat named HairWee(DH's idea)hahaha and we think she's cute, so I don't think a few bald-bunnies will be an *ewwwww*factor to us! hahaha Bring'em on!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  1:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Thanks so much for all your prayers for my Mom. I just talked to her, and she came thru the surgery with flying colors. She's complaining about having to wear an eye patch overnight so she can't see to knit or watch TV. I know it was just cataract surgery, but at 83 they seem to worry so much about everything they have done.

Prayers going out to all with problems and concerns - left some white chocolate tea on the porch!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  3:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I can't believe that Judy picked me as the Feb. FGOTM...I feel so blessed and honored....thank you...flooding my chin with happy tears....I can't believe it is really me....I'm smiling from ear to ear....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  3:40:10 PM  Show Profile
I just got word about Michelle. This is the message:

Last word from NY is that Amy is well and walking around and Michelle is off the ventilator, laughing, and doing well also. Keep those prayers coming as these ladies venture down their roads to recovery!

Thank you to all of you for the prayers. Please keep them up because Michelle has a very long recovery but SHE'S ALIVE! Praise God!!!

Nancy

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  3:59:19 PM  Show Profile
HI everyone

Judy what ever it takes!! I love the snow!

Nancy I had to laugh test your food and breaks. He must be awesome! My DH is a keeper and like some of you I have an ex that I am well rid of. I will say no more except he gave me 3 wonderful children.

Tammy I am not sure that he is aware of the hurt feelings. I have not made a big deal out of it. It would not help and more feelings would get hurt. I honestly think they do not know that they hurt my feelings. People get focused on what they want and do not see anything else.

Julie looks good.

Nancy Praying for Michelle.

Julie that looks so good. I love fresh greens from the garden.

Miranda I am sorry for your loss. It is hard to put a pet to sleep but it was the right thing to do. I hope the new kitten works out for you. He looks like he will be a hand full.

Luanne made my day with the news. I was having one of those days and POW I found out I won. Changed the whole day. Thanks for having the drawing. I will let everyone know what I got as soon as it arrives.

Kimberly Pics please I Love babies.

Nan OHHH that is a big owie. I would have cried. I know it is a thing but the memories that it brings are what counts. Make something of the pieces so you will have the reminder.

Well I only got to Jan 31 st. I need to go. I have bell choir practice.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  4:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmmm pictures of the goats loaded fine, pictures of the bunnies didn't. Trying again

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  5:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I'm Praising God right along with you!
Kimberly, LOOOOOVE the "Ghost-bunny" pics! Adorable as can be!!!
lolololololol
Hey Penny, when did you sneak past the 1000th post! I was gonna toot a horn and make a fuss! 2 reasons for you to celebrate!
~~~Yipppppeeeee~~~

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 01 2012 5:28:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  6:33:48 PM  Show Profile
I Just Lost An Entire Page of Posting! I am going to go stick my head outside and SCREAM TO
THE TOP OF MY LUNGS! Then I may or may not come back tonight!

urked and hoppen mad,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  7:53:13 PM  Show Profile
awwwwww Peg.....Big French-Hugs and a (lingering) Squeezle!...............
............better?
wait.....how's this?

That's the best I got right now girl!
LOL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  09:04:52 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies!

Penny - Congratulations on FGOTM!!!!

Kimberly - those goats are adorable. I love baby bunnies. Here's a cute youtube video out of a bunny herding sheep. It's hilarious especially since it's a miniture domestic type rabbit doing it. The man laughed when it it got up in one of the sheep's faces and snapped at it. http://www.dogwork.com/buhr9/

Sorry I haven't been in to keep up. Tuesday afternoon I started developing pain in my chest on the left side - I'm guessing the pneumonia has set in. I had to go to Lansing yesterday for training so couldn't do anything. Thankfully I had a driver and slept the entire way there yesterday morning. I'm not sure if it was the cough syrup they have me on making me loopy or if I'm just that drained. I'm starting to suspect I might need to go back in to see the doctor again :O( I could really use a breathing treatment to loosen up my chest. Wish they'd just give a nebulizer machine and be done with it.

On a positive note I got my state tax return back yesterday and my federal is supposed to be in my account on Monday. We decided to check out a computer store least night that the man thinks I'll get the best deal at. I'll have to wait for my federal to get it so I can get Microsoft Office with it at the reduced rate, but I can wait until Monday. I may start putting out some virtual assistant resumes this weekend. Crossing my fingers!

Well I need to get back to work. I'll keep everybody in prayer. Seems to be a tough season right now for a lot of us. Hugs everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  12:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies....OK, over my fit from last night. That is what I get for thinking I could get by without typing on my "sticky-notes".

Penny...Congrats girl on getting FGOTM...perfect choice!!! Such fun to cheer you up...when you are struggling right now. So, happy for you!!!

Welcome Alyce!...hope you will come back often and share a bit about your life. As you can see...we just let it all hang-out on here. We trust each other with our difficult circumstances and also share all our joys and accomplishments. It is an Awesome Group of Women on The Porch.

Judy girl...I will take those buggy eyes over your rat anyday! lol When I saw your rat picture yesterday, I yelled "Oh, gross Judy". I hope that baby bunnies are cuter than your hairless rat. If they aren't, I prefer their ghost pictures. I love you girl...but I do not love your choice of pets. You were just trying to give me the Willies weren't you? LOL A little
Good Morning Wake-up right? lol

Kimberly...those "kids" are so cute
(the four legged ones). I could look at them all day long. They are just so adorable. But do me a favor and save the Bunny pics for when they grow hair. lol

Nancy...great news about Michelle. Keep us up-dated ok? Laughter is good medicine...so that sounded very positive. I know she still has a long ways to full recovery of her health but she just made it through the biggest hurdle.

Tammy...you sure are having a nasty bout of the "crud" aren't you? Poor baby! Sending some good home-made chicken soup your way! (virtually). Have you tried just breathing steam at home? Putting a sauce pan on the stove, bring it to a boil, remove from burner and then just using a bath towel
over your head to make a small tent...to hold the steam in...and just deep breathing that hot steam??? It works even better than all the new fangelled things.

Well, yesterday was at the Hospital with hubby, today I had my diabetic eye-exam. I have 20/25 vision but the start of cataracs and one eye I had higher pressure in. Glacoma runs in my family...so they are sending me for some more testing. This seems to be my month for a body over-haul. My 60 yr. fine tuning I guess. LOL For all you younger women under 50...let me tell you, whoever decided to call these "THE GOLDEN YEARS"...had already lost their mind. Seems all
we do after age 50 is go to Dr.'s Apptmnts and have surgeries. Seems
more like "The Stainless Steal" yrs to me! LOL

Well, I need to go rest before I go teach Bible Study tonight.

Hugs and loves,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 02 2012 12:15:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  12:38:48 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I think it's rust, not stainless steel!

Just heard from my s-i-l about Michelle. They actually got her on her feet a while ago. She couldn't walk but being fully upright helps prevent pneumonia. She is in great spirits and so happy to be alive. Her bp is very low and they're working on that but her color is going back to normal and the swelling in her stomach has gone down. She looked like a shriveled up pregnant orange prior to surgery. Not a healthy image.

The time for prayers isn't over. She's not out of the woods yet and her recovery will take between 9 months and a year, if all goes well. She'll have to stay in NYC for several months and the expenses are horrendous. Insurance is only paying some of the expenses and none of the housing costs. The family and people who know and love her have put on fund raisers but there's still going to be many thousands of dollars for which the family will be responsible. There are times socialized medicine doesn't sound like such a bad thing.

Good luck with you eye exams and treatment. Keep us posted on your progress.

Nancy

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  2:03:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Now where was I when I had to leave?
Oh Yea! There!

Penny I am with you girlfriend. I want no part of HS either. It amazes me that gown women can act that way. I will add your finances to my prayers for you and your family. GiGi is such a doll. You are so luky to be able to have her around.
Awesome!! 21 days not smoking. You made the first hurdle!

Nancy Praise God! I will keep praying.

Kimberly those babies are so cute. I know about abay bunnies, but it does not take long before they are cute and cuddly.

Alyce welcome and thanks for the tea and hot chocolate. Thanks for the hug there are several including me that need a hug. I read somewhere that it takes 3 hugs a day to survive and at least 6 or more to grow. I wonder if virtual hugs count?

Penny Congrats on FGOTM you deserve it!

The sun is shinning and if I had maple trees it would be perfect weather for sap collecting. One more thing on my "I want to do this list" The older I get the longer that list gets. LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  3:28:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey! Girls I haven't been here for a time I'm really sufering from alot of pain. Just can't seem to get any relief. Was doing better but now back to square 1. I ask for prayers and I hope I can get back on here and caught up with everyone. Hope all is well with each of you.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  4:15:15 PM  Show Profile
Living with pain changes your whole life; I pray you will soon get relief and that you'll feel up to participating with the group. The porchies have been very supportive to me with various personal issues and family health crisis. It is a blessing to have a group of caring friends to share our pains, sorrows and happy times, too.

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  06:17:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies - it's a beautiful day here in Northeast PA - 23 degrees adn bright sunshine - yippee!

I'd like to ask for prayers for a dear friend of mine. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I am not sure what treatment she will have yet. She is Amish and lives in Lancaster County, PA. She is working with her doctor, her family and her church district for the best options and treatment. She has 7 children from age 20 down to age 2.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  08:12:50 AM  Show Profile
Praying for your friend Luanne.

I'm just doing regular old stuff around the house. Have to mail an order from Etsy, cooking, gardening, cleaning, etc. I am almost done with the Outlander book. I love the story except for some really repetitive stuff. Like always getting captured and then getting away from the main bad guy. Kill him already! And of course they are always hopping into bed. If I was living their lifestyle I might do that, too, but it seems life is busier these days.

This weekend DD will be having someone spend the night for the first time. So pray for her parents to survive the weekend.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  09:17:44 AM  Show Profile
Luanne, I will keep your friend in my prayers. Please let us know how she's progressing.

Nancy B.

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  2:29:07 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I think they call them the golden years because it takes gold to get through them!

Just being a slug again today. Homework is done.. sewing machine is calling me. I really need to just get up and turn it on.. magic will happen after that.

Penny, congrats on the award! You deserve it.

Get better all you sick farm girls. Too much of it going around!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  4:55:22 PM  Show Profile
....Well....Patsy it is for the "April Tea Swap Hostess!!"
....Making out the list now!!
Thank you so much Gals for all the Birthday cards and "tuck-ins!"
You are STILL make my day very special!
Peg, you out-did yourself Girl! TYTYTY

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 03 2012 4:59:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

7 apples
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Ronee
Hazelwood IN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  5:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls.... I hope you all are having a great night <3

~barefoot farmgirl Ronee,wife to one amazing apple and mommy to 5 baby apple's..
God, family and my garden are all I need in life <3
Farmgirl Sister #3103
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=538005128 add me on FB if you want to!
https://isababy.scentsy.us/Home
http://pinterest.com/7apples/
http://7applebys.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  06:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Ruth Ann Pain of any kind just dabilitating. I will pray for you sister.

Luanne I will add your friend to my prayers. It helps to have a strong support group when you go through any crisis.

I am up early today. My DH has to work for about half a day and so do I. Once a month the school I work for holds Saturday school and it is my job to run it. You think teenagers are bad during the week? Try dealing with them Sat morning! LOL Really they are not to bad.

My oldest DS called and asked if we would go with him and his family to Disneyland. Dumb question! I asked when so we could arange time off. He said he would let me know. He called back last night and said the trip would have to wait a while :( He can not get off work. He works on the drilling rigs in N. Dakota and has not seen his wife and kids for almost two months. That was the reason for the trip. I told him he needed to get home or get them out there for a visit. That was way to long to be apart. They have a house in ARCO ID, so it is a ways to drive. He was sapose to work 20 days on and 10 days off. He has not had a day off. Good money, hard on the family.

Chat at all of you later.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  07:16:47 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, farm sisters. I received no info on Michelle last night but learned that my sweet sister-in-law, Mary Jo, fell this week and broke one wrist and sprained the other and is now in a cast and in a sling on the broken side and is braced and in a sling (no cast) on the other. When it rains it pours.

Nancy in KY

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  08:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Nancy(KY) so sorry to hear this I will put her in my prayers.

Ruth Ann, I will also put you on my prayer list...I understand pain as so many of us seem to be dealing with it lately. I hope you feel better soon.......sometimes getting old is really a bummer.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page