Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  2:20:49 PM  Show Profile
I love your tea party pic and your story about it Kim. I'm sorry about the bankruptcy Bunny. Is it just because of the bill collectors calling that you want to file? I love listening to Dave Ramsey and how he says to handle them. They are trained to say anything it takes to get you to pay them first, even before food. It's all about evoking an emotional response. When I've had some things sent to bill collectors I always pay the original company and never pay the bill collection business. Just my way of saying I don't support their tactics. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

After I went to my class today I decided today was the day. I said goodbye to 12+ inches of hair!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  2:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, so glad you are doing better and no pneumonia. Take care of yourself! So cool on the grocery deals.

My bankruptcy will cost $900.00. $100.00 to start will get the creditors to call her instead of me. I don't have either available right now but at least I know where to start. She was wonderful and because of my accounting studies gave me some ideas for earning money on the side. She said she knew lots of people that needed help with their monthly bills and just wish they had someone to do it all for them. I know she has people already to recommend, but I thought it would be something I could get started figuring out. I could start with college students and teach them how to automate their bills and automate tracking their expenses. I have Quickbooks so could also do the individual bookkeeping for people. She said the people she knows, just meet their clients in a restaurant and do everything there. something to think about.

Julie, love the new hairdo!

Nothing else going on. Weather was wonderful today! It's in the 50's. Homework is all done. Think I'll go and get some sewing done.
Later All!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  3:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi All -

Just one last reminder that I will be drawing a name tomorrow AM for my 1000 posts give-away. If you want to be in the drawing, please e-mail me before 10:00 am tomorrow (east coast time). Also, tomorrow is my Mom's 83rd birthday - so Happy Birthday Mom!

She is scheduled for cataract surgery on Wednesday, so if you wouldn't mind, please keep her in your prayers. She is very nervous about having it done. I wish she wasn't 300 miles away so I could be there with her.

I'll post tomorrow when I announce the winner. Meanwhile, hugs and prayers for everyone - and enjoy a cup of tea on the porch with me tonight!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  3:54:32 PM  Show Profile
Julie...Love the hair! It gives you a whole new persona. Stunning!

RFM Tammy...thanks for the tip on the book..I will go check it out right after I get off the boards.

Kimberly...it is nice to see a family all dressed up these days. Shocking really!
Did hubby want to go out and get a real meal once he left the Tea Shop????? Mine would have!

Luanne...can't wait for your drawing. How fun is that!

Jan...so sorry for the mix up on the Tea. I know for positive that she emailed you atleast 3 times to get your address...because she asked me what to do when she couldn't get a hold of you. I will email her your response on here.

Well, going back to bed got rid of my back pain. Heat usually is the best therapy for me.

Bunny...how exciting if you can use your own experiences along with your schooling to help other people. Now, that is God working!

Off for now...but Luanne I will be back to join you and anyone else for Tea Later on The Porch. I will bring some scones to go with it.

living loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  6:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jan, I e-mailed you this evening!Please reply within the next couple of days, if you can!Thanks! :-)
Oh Tammy, you poor thing....I sure hope all the meds make you better soon.WOW, you got some GREAT meat buys. Good for you. Our chicken legs or thighs or leg quarters run around .49 cents/# during a sale, normally though it's .89.
Also, thanks for the Mystery book idea. DH has a Kindle, I'll check it out. Do you know what it's about??
Kimberly, thanks for the Aromatherapy book name. I added it to my list. Man is that list getting loooooooong! LOL
I know what you mean about getting funny looks if you dress up or dress modestly,which I do. Isn't it a shame that we who do take pride in our appearance are looked down on,for the most part. It's so sad! I'm proud of you! Just thought you should know!
Julie, I love your haircut. Very nice and looks easy to take care of.
Luanne, your Mama will be in my Prayers! ...and you too Dear...for the stress...
Well, going to make myself a cup'o tea! Ta-ta

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  06:33:56 AM  Show Profile
Dear sisters...my sister-in-law's younger sister is in surgery as I write this. She is having a liver transplant and I'm asking for prayers and good thoughts for her and the donor. Her name is Michelle and she is very ill with a rare disease that destroyed her liver and her odds aren't good to survive the surgery but the odds of her living without the transplant are 0%.

Thank you all for the support you show to each other.

Nancy in KY

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  08:03:15 AM  Show Profile
AND THE WINNER IS..........................

DIANNE (DEWS)!!!!

Dianne - please e-mail me with your home address,and I'll ship out a package to you in the next day or two.

Thanks to all my "sisters" who wanted to participate in this give-away. I can't believe I've written over 1000 posts!!!!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  08:44:31 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers for Michelle.

Congrats Dianne!

I posted this in Garden Gate but thought I share it here too. Today's garden harvest.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  09:17:18 AM  Show Profile
*peeks in, dusting off boots & apron*

Hey y'all, know I have not been around in a while and I do apologize for anyone I might have worried. Christmas almost got the best of me, as I tried to do too much. I was going non stop with sewing, baking, cleaning, and everything else, I nearly made myself sick.

Let's see, let's see.... Christmas went well. We stayed home, since we couldn't afford to do much else. We spent the day with Momma, my brother and sister in law.

New Years, we nearly set my best friends' neighbors on fire. WHOOPS! They live outside the city limits, so everyone goes out and gets fireworks. Well, one box of 25 rockets was deffective, and on about the 6th launch, it flipped on its side and shot rockets in every direction but up. It was funny after the fact, but pretty scary while it was happening! No one was hurt and no damage done, thankfully.

I finally learned to play dominoes, which I have wanted to learn since I was a kid. I have my best friend's brother-in-law convinced that I already knew how to play, since I won so fiercely, haha!

We also celebrated Chinese New Year with them since my best girlfriend is half Vietnamese. Her husband smoked a tri tip covered in five spice that was just killa-dilla!!! YUM!!!

Some sad news, though... most of you who remember me know I have a beloved Tortise Shell cat named Pepper Jean. I had to put her to sleep last week . She was only a year and a half old, and I only had her three months, but she made such a HUGE impact on me. I thought she was suffering a cold or allergies like the rest of us because she started eating less and less and losing weight, becoming lethargic. I tried to get her to smell her catnip and she acted as if she couldn't. Her nose was dry, and she acted as if she had a sore throat.

In reality, she was suffering congenital heart failure... The Vet said she was probably born with the condition. She wasn't eating because she just did not have the strength to any more. The night before I took her in, I was cutting paper flowers, and she laid on the floor by me the entire evening.

When I took her to the vet, I promised I wasn't going to give her away. She'd mustered just enough strength to fight being put in her carrier, thinking I was giving her away again. When the doc said there was nothing we could do, I called Josh and we agreed to let her go. I was there when she left us about 20 minutes later, looking in her big, loving eyes. I'm at work, tearing up as I type this, so please forgive if I have typoes.

I decided to go ahead and adopt another kitten on Saturday, partially for me and partially for our dog, Penny. She and Pepper Jean became like sisters, and poor Penny has been searching for her.

Well, I got our "little" boy home, and he's been VERY sweet, but a handfull ever since. He's a 6 month old Tabby, originally called Picasso, but I renamed him after a character in the book I am writing. He's now officially Cedric Newcomb, though we normally call him Newcomb (unless he's being naughty, then it's CEDRIC!!). He's entirely too smart for his own good, except when he sees his tail and tries to figure out what the heck is following him and spins around the floor chasing it. (I'm half convinced he's the Japanese Bobtail I had as a child, based on his personality.. which would stand to reason, Spike had no tail, so having a tail would confound him.)

It's still tough to think about my sweet Pepper Jean being gone, but I am getting through it. And now that things are finally starting to calm down around our house, I'm getting back into my old routines. I need to start sewing again pretty quickly, as I have my baby cousin's wedding to go to and NOTHING to wear. I will have time this weekend... perhaps that is one of the many things I will do.

I hope you are all well, and I hope that I can stay in touch better!!

Talk to you all again soon!!

(PS A picture of Newcomb SHOULD be included... if not, I will try again later!)

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  09:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Nancy...Praying for Michelle...
Dianne, CONGRATS on winning!!! ~Woohoooooo~Yippeeeeeee~Hoooraaaayyyyyyyy~~~
Julie, nice veggies, making my mouth water, looks like a great veggie sandwich to me...yummmm!!
Oh Miranda, Dear Miranda....sooooo sorry for your pain....but so glad you got another kitten. We love our-little-dears so much and miss them so much...but time...ahhh time....sweet, gentle time does heal and soothes! BIG Hugs to you Sister! I've missed you on here!
I love the pic of Newcomb! He looks very full of himself! hahaha (look at me...aren't I a dapper fellow!!!) LOL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  10:55:53 AM  Show Profile
Nancy...just prayed for Michelle and the donar. Praying everything goes better than expected to.

Dianne...congrats on being the Winner of Luanne's drawing. How fun! It is always nice to get something unexpected in the mail.

Luanne...congrats on your 1,000 post. It is an accomplishment dear friend! How is your momma doing?

Julie...I'm thinking we all need to move to Texas. I'm so jealous. We won't even start our gardens her until April or May. Your produce looked like a great dinner salad to me!!!

Miss Miranda...I was getting worried about you girl! So sorry to hear about Pepper Jean. Iam not fond of cats but I suppose it is because i have an acute allergy to them. But I know you loved her and that makes me sad for your loss. Newcomb looks like a sly little devil. Like he is just sitting there thinking about what kind of mischief he can get into to make his day a tad more exciting.

Glad you're back and hope we see you on The Porch more. You were missed!

Living Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  12:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Haha! Yes he is quite dapper with his little mustache and goatee and he IS quite a handful. He's very big for only being 6 months, but he still has that curious kitten nature.

And yes, losing my girl is so tough, but she was suffering so much. She had a very good life while she was with us, and I know in my heart she was grateful to us.

I am glad to be back, too. Life has just been too hectic for my liking lately! I still have a lot going on, but not as much, and not as fast and furious as it was.

Well, anyway, I need to finish my grocery list while I wait to see who else will come through the door HA! so I'll close up for now! And I will try to catch up soon!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  3:09:33 PM  Show Profile
Just thought I'd pop in quick like to share our exciting day. We went out to do chores and Holly, one of my Nubian does, was looking ready to kid (my four year old daughter has decided to call her Holly Shiftwell. If you have children you'll recognize that name from CARS 2). So my kids and I cleaned the goat barn to make sure she'd have a warm/dry/clean area to give birth. Then while looking after the rabbits discovered that one of my does had six babies!!! We went into the house had breakfast and did school. After lunch we went back outside to check on everyone and Holly had "just" given birth to twin boys. Kids and I are walking on the clouds. I LOVE babies. These boys are Nubian/Boer/Kiko cross so I am super excited to see how they turn out.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  3:30:04 PM  Show Profile
ooooooooooooooo....I wanna see pics of all the babies....pleasepleaseplease....LOL
Hey....Lookie at that....I just posted my 1955th post....and that's the year I was born....AND my Birthday is Thursday....which is 02/02...at 9:04 and I weighed 9:04!
All coincidence??? I think not!! I'm also a perfectionist!! Wonder why?? LOL
If only my Farmgirl number could have been 904 instead of 905! Right??? *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  3:52:54 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, I'm so sorry about your Pepper Jean. I've lost a couple of cats over the last few years (old age) and it is so hard. we haven't met yet. I live on the Oregon coast. And I happen to have an old cat whose name is Miranda.

COngrats Luanne, you're a role model for me. I'll keep up with the news and posts.

WOw, Kim on new goatlets and bunnies. How fun. I love baby goats. Even big goats.

I'm praying for everybody,there are some serious problems out there amongst the Farmgirls.

I have in comparison a tiny owie, but it hurts and I wanted to tell somebody. Last night I got up to turn off the heat in the living room, and brushed by the sideboard. I heard a crash and tinkle, and then realized it had to be my grandmother's thin glass bowl full of dried roses and rose petals.

It was about 5 inches across, and spread out at the top a bit. It was engraved with stylized lotus flowers. I was thinking they were Art Deco, but I think they were Art Noveau, even older. It would probably have been about 100 years old, maybe older. I just loved it. We'd had it around amongst all the other dishes and stuff at home, and i brought it with me when we cleared out the house and I moved up here after MOther died in '08. I decided to use it, so I could see it because it is so beautiful. Was beautiful. And I feel so sad. I think of grandmother, and mother, and granddaddy. They were from Canada. Various things that came with me from home (a lot by default --"what do we do with this thing?" "Throw it in a box, Nan'll take it")I'm not very attached to any more. But a lot of silly little things still are connected to memories, to my family. Mum was the last of her generation and outlived them all by quite a long time, and it made her sad. Some of these things are connections to long ago. I think about what life was like in the early 20th Century, when they were young and alive and what the world was like. And the bowl was beautiful on top of all that.

I looked at some shards this morning, and it might be possible to smooth the edges and make something out of the bits with the engraved designs on them. A mobile, maybe? Not sure. Or embedded in a book cover, with color behind, to show the design? (I make books.)

It seems like time is stretching out and out, and leaving them all further behind. I know that's life on earth, of course, but it doesn't help.

Last night I was mad and hollered, "I hate it here! I want to go home!" (I've been struggling with depression again lately. Home means heaven, and no, I'm not suicidal. I'm stuck here for the duration.)
Then I thought that even better would be that Jesus would return. SO I hollered that. "Come back! Hurry up!"
And then I had a picture of me and my cat in my arms, and then I reminded Him about my worms in their bins, and the birds in the hedge, and he'd have to send some angels to come by and pick them all up, because I can't carry them all. And somewhere on the property are hibernating (or whatever it is they do) snakes, and they have to come too, and about the spiders in the house . . .

Anyway, sorry to run on for so long. Just wanted to say. Captive audience, I guess. Thanks for listening.

Nan
Farmgirl #3594
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  7:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Good Evening all...once again, I'm behind...been taking a few pity days....I've been a little depressed with our finances...but I know things will work out...God has taken care of us thus far and still will I'm sure. Guess I'm down because we were told after going to court for DH disability that we would know something in 30 days up to 45 days because of the holidays. Here it is 76 days...DH has been denied 3 times...so far...which to me is so wrong...he was paralysed for 5 months after his back was broken in 1985. He should have gotten it then but his "pride" wouldn't let him...that is what he says now. And it seems because he didn't get it then and now so much time has passed and the Shepard Spinal Center in Atlanta, GA no longer has his medical records, the gov. just keeps giving him the run around. All someone needs to do is read his current medical records, watch him walk and see him try to stand still to see he can't do what he did all those years ago...this is what happens when someone tries not to use gov. help when he should have and now that he can't and I mean can't work because he can't stand or sit for more than an hour or two...he can't get help. He has to lie down after standing or sitting for a couple hours. Anyway..thanks for listening...I just needed to vent...and I need to get off my pity pot. I have been looking for work near us but unable to find any and something I can do with my medical issues too...but GOD will get us through. I know he will.

On top of the financial trouble once again my friend of 30 years is back to her old tricks..got mad at me again over something really really stupid...what in the world is going on with her I don't know...but she decided to place on facebook all she has done for me, bought me...gave me...why I don't know...anyway...she decided she couldn't and didn't want to be around me...so...since the day I quit smoking I have spoken to her or anything...I think this has added to my depression too...so strange me to have someone our age act like she is...reminds me of HS which I won't no part off...I can't tell you how good it is for me to be able to express all this to ya'll..thank you for being here and listening to me rant...I love you all for it...

Also, I hope all of you over look my lack of BD cards. I am not spending any money on anything...so please know that I think of all of you even if you don't receive a card from me. I feel very guilty about this too.

Cherime, love the necklace and earrings...you are talented for sure.

Judy, I sure which I could make you one of those bears...Danielle,(GiGi's Mama) loved it...she couldn't believe I made it...oh here is another pic of her from my visit...or a few ...one with DH holding her too

Bunny, I'm sorry you are having to go through bankruptcy. I know that is difficult. I have you in my prayers.

Kimberly, thanks for the herb pain info.. I will try them when I can...maybe a while but would really like to get off some of these pain meds. I am so glad ya'll had fun at the tea party...love the pic too..

Peggy, as always you are in my prayers for all the fibro pain and the teeth issues..

Tammy, so glad you are feeling better and that you did so good with the grocery shopping, I'm like you, love saving money...

Julie, love the hair cut...so cute...that is alot of hair to cut off...I colored my hair this weekend...I am always trying to keep it red...and I got a coupon for a box of color so got it the other day...but not crazy about it...it is different than what I usually use..but DH likes it...

Luanne, I will keep your Mom in my prayers...hope everything goes well and I'm sorry you can't be there with her.

Nan, sorry for all you are going through...hope things get better.

Congrats Dianne. Sending prayers to Dianne. Miranda, sorry for your loss...but your new little kitty looks like a doll...I know I have missed people this time and I'm sorry, but know I have all of you in my prayers.

I had a great visit Sat with my little GiGi and was good to see my son on Sun. He sent his front load washer and dryer home with us since he already as a W/D in his new place...someday in the far future I hope to be able to pay him for them...but it will be a while.

PS Day 21 of no smoking

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jan 31 2012 7:10:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  7:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Penny, way to go girl, 21 days, that is great!!

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  7:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Miranda, So sorry about Pepper Jean! It is so hard when we loose our furry friends. Mr Newcomb is quite handsome!
I have two cats, Themla Jo and Huey. Love them to pieces. I also have a Welsh Pembroke Corgi, who is my constant companion and best friend. I would bring my horses home with me if I could. :-)

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  10:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Penny, way to go on Day 21, AND on top of all this other stuff. Great job. What wonderful pictures, too, what a doll (GiGi, not yr. DH). I'm praying for all of you, gosh life can sure be the pits at times. I know God will see us through, too, but it is hard.

I say we all move to Mars.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  12:43:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh My Beautiful Porchies....It seems like there are so many things needing to be vented about. Life can be so complex and so fragile all at the same time. Aren't you glad we have each other just to hang our laundry out together?

Judy...I am with Penny right now...just not able to get all the birthday cards and gifts out that I would like to, finances are tight with all this dental stuff. But I will be having a Party in My Heart on Your Special Day...just Celebrating Wonderful YOU! You are quite the Gift to All Of us dear friend.

Nancy...let us know how Michelle did as soon as you can. Still praying!

Kimberly...wow what an exciting day at your house my dear. I bet your kids are just over the moon with the new kids and bunnies. And I agree with Judy...we all want to see pictures of the babies.

Nan...I hope the screaming and yelling helped!!! There just are times when everything seems such a "downer" that you just wish the Lord would come back today!
I am sorry that you broke your beautiful heirloom and keepsake. It sounded like a beautiful bowl.
I hope you will make something pretty out of it...so you won't totally loose the sweet memories of those who were connected to it...in your family. It will make you feel better to re-purpose it instead of just trashing it.
We are here for you...and are honored to be a captive audience for you.

Penny...Oh dear one, I know exactly what your hubby is going through. Tell Him NOT TO GIVE UP.
That is exactly what they push you to do.
I was denied 3 times on my Disability, and fought it for 2 1/2 yrs. And I was so depressed at that time over all the paper work, drs. apptments, mental evaluations...all so they could keep denying me. Once I was given the disability...then they only gave me one month back wages. One month out of 2 and 1/2 yrs. So, then I had to fight that and it took another year. Then the Judge I got didn't believe in Fibromyalgia/chronic Fatigue (lovely)...I ended up only getting 7 months more back payments. I prayed God would strike him down with Fibro so he could see just how fake it was.
I know...I was being spiteful...and I had to ask for forgiveness but that made me so mad. That some guy...could just say, "Well, sorry but I don't believe your pain is real." I would gladly swap places with him and let him know exactly what it feels like.

Anyway, tell him not to give up or give in. You put a picture on here of your DH and his daughter standing by an old truck a while back....and I could tell just looking at him that he had something wrong with his back.

I believe that God, my praying friends and my family held me together for that three and a half yr battle. I was too sick and too depressed to fight for myself. So, my husband and youngest son...said, don't worry...we will do as much of the fighting for you as we can. You will just have to show up for all the Court stuff. And that is really what happened. I had way too much pain and suffering going on to jump through their hoops. It is a shame that people have to be put through the wringer just to get some help.

I saw a friend the other day that I hadn't seen in years. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Oh, just working as usual." I said, "I wish I was still working." She looked at me like...seriously???? I highly doubt that.
And I said, You know it is one thing to quit working because you want to and/or can afford to but it is another thing entirely when you are forced to. I loved my work...I didn't want to stop.
I had no choice or say in the matter. My illness shattered my world as I had known it. God has taught me to live in my new reality...and
accept the hand life has dealt me. But I wouldn't have chosen this
on a bet.

*Now look who's ranting* lol

Hang in there...God is on your side.

I am sorry about your friend too. That is just strange.
Sad and hurtful; especially when you are clueless as too "why?".
Praying for you girlfriend.

Darling pictures of you and DH with the baby.

If you can go 21 days with
not smoking with all these stressors in your life ...you are surely going to conquer that demon. Way to go!!!!

Jan...what is new with you? I have a friend that would love to have a Corgi.
Do you know who Tasha Tudor was? She loved Corgi's too and often drew pictures of her's in her Art Work.

Nan...instead of moving to mars how about a lush tropical island...where only us farmgirls could vacation together?
I need some place warm for awhile. lol

More tomorrow nite.
My DH goes in for an esophogeal (sp)stretch in the morning. They have to completely put him under...so I have to be there to drive him home. Sometimes I think that Dr. apptmnts and surgeries is what life comes down to in our Not So Golden Years. lol

Hugs and Prayers for All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 01 2012 12:53:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  07:07:58 AM  Show Profile
I received a message from my nephew late last night that Michelle lived through the surgery. She is in isolation and can't have visitors and was holding her own but they are cautiously optomistic about her recovery. The donor did very well and there were no real worries about her. When I get an update, I'll post again. Thank you to everyone for your prayers.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  07:27:18 AM  Show Profile
So much happening to us all in so short a time. Blessings on all ladies and prays for all our loved ones.
Bunny on the bankruptcy, been there done that. I had to in order to survive the financial fall out from my DH's death.
Dianne, I understand how much more a betrayal it is when a "christian" wounds you. A friend once told me to remember that church was for sick people just like a hospital. I have been through that one as well.
Peggy, praying for you.
Nancy, praying for all to go so well the doctors are amazed.
Penny, may you stay in his peace.
Got to get moving as I only have Wed. off this week and have lots to do. Hugs

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  09:53:17 AM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear about so much pain out there. Prayers to all of you. I know it gets old real fast.

Miranda, I'm so sorry about Pepper-Jean. I have been there myself. Your new boy looks like quite a character. What a face!

Kimberly, fun at your house! What a great experience for your kids! (the human ones lol).

Dianne, I think we have all had something close to this happen. I have learned you just have to move on. Remember what Dr. Seuss said, "Those that matter don't mind, those that mind don't matter." It's ok to let go of the negative people in our life.

Penny, don't give up on the disability. I know the persistence will pay off in the end. There are too many people that take advantage of the system and I think this is how they weed them out. Don't give up.
Awesome about the smoking. So happy for you!

Nan I feel your pain on losing the dish. I have had that happen and I just had to tell myself, it was a thing. I have made mosaics from the broken pieces of a dish before. I think the book cover sounds interesting. Worth a try at least.
I can feel your frustration at life. I have days where I just want to go back home to my house in California. But I know I can never go back there. I wish we lived closer. We could help each other get through those tough days.

Peggy, I think most people work because they have to. I know I would rather stay home and have the time and money to do my sewing. Not everyone has a job they love. I'm glad your family had the strength to deal with the disability system. Sometimes I think the whole point is to wear you down so you quit. Sad thing is, it just creates more poverty.

Not much going on. Just checking in. It's a homework day. My computer has been acting naughty lately. It is soooo slow on the internet. I keep thinking it's my computer, but it comes and goes. I've gotten to the point where I can play 2 games of freecell before a page loads. Makes me cranky. I have a desktop computer in the basement that works fine. I go there when I lose patience.
It's going to be a while before I can actually file bankruptcy. Coming up with the money is pretty daunting right now. The papers the attorney gave me to fill out are like a book. I've gotten this far and I'm still OK. I know this will take a while.

Well, I need to actually do some work. So later for now Porch ladies. I'm praying for all your trials and troubles. Hope things get better soon.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  10:39:47 AM  Show Profile
Ok everybody...I passed the crown on to our New February FarmGirl Of The Month!
Ya'll go over to "Across The Fence" and see who it is and give her your Best Wishes!
Love Ya Girls! And Thanks to all who made my month special too!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  10:51:45 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I find it bizarre that you have to have money to claim bankruptcy. So much wrong with this system...... I've never been through what you are suffering but I hurt for you anyways.

Nan, So sorry about the dish. I feel that pain keenly. I have things that belonged to my great-grandmother and they are precious to me.

Penny, 21 days YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!!! Go Penny Go!!!! So proud of you and it will help save money too! I feel your pain with the disability nonscense. When I got hit by the drunk driver and was going through all the court stuff I was treated like a criminal. EXCUSE me but I don't remember doing anything wrong, why am I put through the wringer???? Go get em. Just never quit and eventually they'll have to listen.

Miranda, So very sorry. I know the pain of losing a loved animal all to well. Just thinking about it causes tears. I miss mine the way you must miss yours. I hope your new kitty helps ease the pain.

Peggy, I've been through the same thing with doctors, teachers etc. It's not real. Really? Are you the one in agony? Are you the one who can't roll out of bed? Have you ever crawled to the bathroom because you were to weak to stand up? I despise folks who think they know everything when in reality they know nuscht. I was blessed to have parents who would stand up and protect me as you had a husband and family to do for you.

Nancy, so relieved to hear Michelle came out of the surgery well. Will be praying for her. Things like this are a good reminder of just how good I really have it and I need to stop with the pity parties.

Pictures as requested. Just a warning, newborn baby rabbits aren't that cute but once the hair grows in they'll melt your heart they are so cute!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page