Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  07:05:22 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

we had snow most of the day yestersay. Now they are calling for rain today, so we will probably loose our beautiful snow. :(

Judy Your poor shoes! You lasted longer than I would have. I think I would have gone and bought new ones while we were out.

I am so for the 4 day work week. Some of the schools in our area go Monday to Thursday and use half day Friday for students that need extra help. I know we have talked about it here in Idaho, but doubt it will happen any time soon.

Tammy are you wanting the sourdough, the patato, or both?

Peggy the first book was a little slow in spots, but I liked the story. I just picked up the
second one. I will let you know what I think of it.

The sourdough is on the counter for the day. I will have some time tomorrow to make it. Have a great day.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  07:56:44 AM  Show Profile
I agree the book moves slow at times. Definitely not when Jamie spanks Claire! Oh boy was I fuming, too. I'm half way through now. I'm trying to get done with it because my library due date is coming up and I have some other books I want to read.

We had a terrible storm last night that kept thundering lightning and torrential rain. The power was out for most of the night. It started clearing up at 7. The schools are doing a late start and so is DH's work. I sent DD with DH because the bus has still not shown up. DH tried to go to work earlier but came back saying one of the roads was closed. Hopefully that is still not the case. All that to say that I am ready for a nap! Have a good day girls.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  09:31:15 AM  Show Profile
Pam, Dianne and Julie...thanks for letting me know about the books. I started a Jack Reacher thriller
and so, I plan to read in Outlander until my head screams "Move On" then I will switch over to the Reacher Mystery/Thriller....so, going back and forth like that...I should be able to make it through The Outlander
and then will decide from there if I read the rest of them. Bunny said if you start the first one YOU MUST read the whole Series. So, we'll see.

My tooth extraction yesterday was an upper molar and the only pain I am feeling is where they inserted the needles of Novacaine. I have to have double the amount of Painkiller because of my Fibro. My Dr. insisted I tell them that I have a need for higher dosage because pain tolerance is higher. So, they shot me four times and it has left my left eye a bit hazy and funny feeling. Hope that goes away. I was just thankful
that they didn't have to surgically remove it like they thought they would have to (saved me $60.00) and that they didn't have to
go down through my left eye socket with the needle. My dad had that done and it has grossed me out all
these years.

OK, back to bed for awhile...I am rummy from the meds. And I feel the next rain system coming in.
I could forcast weather for the 6 Oclock news if they wanted me to. Ha ha! I'm never wrong. LOL

hugs and more hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 25 2012 09:36:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  10:05:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Well the sun is trying really hard to come through the haze. Kind of nice after yesterday. It snowed then rained then snowed again. It couldn't make up it's mind. But it was a cloudy foggy whiteout kind of day. I sat in class and looking out the window at the trees, it was kinda cool. You saw the trees but not the ground. They looked like they were ghost trees.

Been working on my nephew's John Deere tractor quilt. I hope to get the borders on this weekend sometime. I'm quilting as I go so it will be all done in no time. I'm also doing some fun crochet flowers. Nice to do in front of the TV.

Mom has been driving me nuts. She is acting like a total invalid now. Can't lift anything or do anything except her computer games. She is now complaining about her other shoulder again. She has had two surgeries on one side and 3 on the other. I'm beginning to feel like a maid and housekeeper. At least I'm not bathing or dressing her.
I think if she didn't have her shoulders to complain about, she wouldn't have anything to talk about. Every where we go I have to hear the same stories over and over again. She lives such a sad life. But I always knew what kind of person she was. Everything has always been about her. I never saw her do a kind thing for anyone else. She was always (and still is) conniving for what she could get out of people.

School is going good. Lots of homework as usual, but I think I'll do fine. Now I just need to find work again. I have enough money to get me by until April. I'm trying to leave it to God to provide. I'm going to start putting my brochures for pet sitting around town. I don't care if I have insurance or not. If someone asks, I'll discuss it. Hopefully no one will.

Anyway, I have to get up and ready to take mom to town.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  3:43:24 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...are you sure we aren't sisters? Sounds like we have the same Mother! LOL
Mine isn't whiney over her ailments but she is a total Narcistic "It's All About Me"
person. Praise God I don't live with her. Just hearing it over the phone weekly is
enough.

Living Loved,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  3:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Here is a picture of my recent crochet flower. I plan on making a bunch of different ones and attaching them to a knitted base for a purse.

Here is my beloved yarn basket filled with colorful new cotton yarns for my flowers. I have bits and pieces of leftovers from other scarves I have made. Lots of fun fuzzy yarns for edging.

It's all melted now, but this is what my mom's rose bushes looked like last weekend.

Anyway, homework is done. Just wasting time in bed with my laptop. All the kitties are asleep.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  4:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting all the great pics Gals! I've enjoyed them.
Well we sure are having a crazy winter. One day it's in the 40's, the next we have an overnight blizzard with 10 inches of snow, the next day we have high wind gusts up to 50MPH, then a thunderstorm that night and all the snow is gone. Totally weird! Now we are mid 30's and partly cloudy!
Well, I'm off to have my tea and watch my British mystery, "Rosemary&Thyme," I love those two ladies....as much as I love Miss Marple & Agatha Christy!
Toodles!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  6:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Bunny, thanks for the pictures. I love all of your yarn colors, beautiful!

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  12:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh I love all the pics thanks all...I just wanted to pop in and say hi and thank everyone for the prayers...I'm on day 16 of not smoking and things are going well....I do what to say that pray works...I've always know that...DH and I are trusting in the Lord as always to get us through this very lean time in the real estate business... I know he has always brought us through...

one quick special hello to Peggy, I'm glad things went well with your teeth...take care...and I understand the need for more meds in cases like that...

hope to check in tomorrow.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  07:51:27 AM  Show Profile
Nice pics Bunny! Way to go Penny! You show those companies that you are not a slave to their product any longer.

I finished up my bee class last night. It was a really good class. They had one of the beekeepers telling all kinds of funny stories and mishaps about collecting the honey. Like, don't take off your bee suit to collect the honey in your garage until after you close the garage door. At this time I will have to be an observer and slowly build up what I will need for a hive. It doesn't bother me because we were six months late on starting our bunnies, also. It'll get done and not in a rush. DH has to go to Missouri to see his oldest daughter graduate high school in May so all our extra money needs to be saved for that trip. After that, then I can put money toward getting a hive. There's always extra equipment with other bee handlers as well. This will give me time to work on learning German. Oh boy! Turns out my Bible study lady was born in Germany and is still very fluent. Once I get the basics then I hope I can have some conversations with her.

Have a great day y'all! Weather is back to very nice here today.

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  07:53:44 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies! Another gray hazy day here. I'm by myself in the office and have absolutely no energy to do anything. I felt a lot better yesterday but it's like one of those one step forward two steps back with this recovery. I may end up cancelling my dance class again this week which would make it 3 weeks in a row. I started using my inhaler and that helped yesterday considerably with the cough but today it doesn't seem to be doing much. We'll see how I'm feeling later today. If this keeps up I might have to see if I can get an appt with the doctor.

A close friend of mine had a heart attack Monday. He's only 52. Had an angioplasty and stent placement Monday and they're sending him home today. Insane the way they kick people out of hospitals so quickly after surgery. Please keep Joel in prayer for recovery. He sold cars for a living and got let go a couple years ago. He tried real estate but that didn't work out well. They lost their house the end of October to foreclosure. They've just really been having a hard time and now this.

Not sure if I mentioned that I started using paperbackswap.com to help get rid of some books I no longer wanted. They're going pretty quickly, mostly the mysteries and homeschooling stuff so far. Hopefully the romance novels start going soon or I might have to just donate those. I'm waiting on a book about a scandinavian woman homesteader. Not sure if it's a novel or biographical. I was so excited when I got home and found a book in the mail thinking it had arrived - nope, it was one of the books I ordered for the man. Maybe today. I have probably 8 books to mail out tomorrow after I get paid.

Dianne - both recipes please. I lost the sourdough recipe my uncle gave me years ago.

PeggyAnn - glad things went well with the extraction. While you're having these extractions you might want to use a product called Biotene to prevent dry socket. I thought it was a waste of money so the last time I didn't use it and I ended up with dry socket which is painful. You can get Biotene at most stores. I won't get an extraction again without using it that's for sure.

Bunny - beautiful flowers! I always have thought yarn baskets are so pretty but I can't keep one because the cats pull the yarn balls out and unroll the balls LOL Got to love our kitties.

Well back to work for me. Take care!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  10:13:32 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Bunny...what beautiful pictures. The yarns are my favorite. I have a big basket like yours (size wise I mean" I just go nuts over yarns!

Tammy...thanks for the heads up on the Biotene. Never heard of it. I don't get dry socket if I do everything they tell you to do these days. Like no drinking through a straw, no real hot or cold beverages for the first couple of days, no soda, no caffeine and no alcoholic beverages. They never use to tell you all that stuff before and I always got dry-socket and those are so painful aren't they?

Judy...I have never heard of Rosemary and Thyme...British Mystery. Sounds like something I might want to check out.

Penny...Yahoo, You Go girl...you are doing great on that no smoking thing. We are all really proud of you! Feb 21, I get all the rest pulled. Not excited about that.

Well, gotta go for now...

Living Loved,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  1:46:53 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Rosemary&Thyme is a super British Mystery Series(in my humble opinion). Great with a cup'o tea! They are 2 gals who do landscaping and solve crimes. They aren't afraid to eat on camera either, unlike our American actors. These gals can EAT!!! lol And they always have dirt under their nails because of the garden work. It's a wonderful piece of entertainment!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  3:30:48 PM  Show Profile
Judy...is this something you order off of Netflix or what?

Living Loved,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  3:39:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Evryone
Rain this morning now sunshine. This weather is so crazy.

Peggy I hope you get to feeling better.

Bunny The crocheted flowwer looks really prety and putting lots of them on a knit purse is a neat idea.

Judy I am jealous. I love "Rosemary &Thyme" They took it off our local station, so I have not seen it for a while. :(

Tammy it will probably be this weekend before I can put the recipes on. I will look for my sourdough starter recipe. I have had this start so long I don't know if I can find the recipe. As for making the bread that I have memorised. LOL

Penny You can do it. Way to go 16 days. Awesome!!!

You all have a great day

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  4:51:07 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I love Rosemary and Thyme too. I watch it on Netflix. I find all kinds of fun British shows. One of my favs is "A Touch of Frost" He is a police detective that solves mysteries. He is always getting into trouble because he doesn't always play by the rules. Another one I like is "George Gently". I watched all the current ones and now am waiting for the next group to be released.

Thanks everyone for the kind words about the crochet flowers. I can't always get time for the sewing room so this keeps my creative spirit alive.

Peggy, I feel bad about you and your teeth. I hate to think what you are going through. I know we are all praying it will go well.

Julie, good for you making it to all your bee keeping classes. I'm sure once you get everything together it will make it worth the while you took your time.

Tonight is Bunco with mom. I made chicken salad sandwiches with apples, celery and onions. I put everything in a food processer the chopped it up a little more than usual. Still tastes pretty good. Everyone seems to love them. I get tired of a table full of deserts and no real food. Funny thing is, the sandwiches disappear pretty fast so everyone feels the same. Wish they would get the message and bring real food. Oh well, once a month dessert for dinner. I guess it's ok to indulge once a month.

Penny, amazing 16 days have gone by already! So happy for you.

Later all, have a good evening!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  9:13:45 PM  Show Profile
My library carries the Rosemary and Thyme series. Maybe your's has it too Peggy. It is a great series. I'm onto Midsomer Murders now. I've seen the whole Touch of Frost series. Loved it! Learned all the slang bad words.

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  06:16:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Just a reminder that there is only a couple more days to sign up for the giveaway for my 1000 posts. Just e-mail me if you would like to be included in the drawing.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  08:24:32 AM  Show Profile
We had a bit of snow overnight. Made for slushy commuting this morning. I'm getting tired of all this mud.

Thanks to whoever it was that suggested Rosemary & Thyme. I watched 3 episodes of it on Netflix last night. LOVED IT! My energy level was wiped out and I was coughing quite a bit again so I had to cancel my dance class. It was a nice relaxing show to watch while wrapped up in a blanket with Oreo curled up with me. I love how spunky Rosemary is.

PeggyAnn - you can stream it off Netflix. They probably have it on DVD too. Libraries might have it. You might try HULU too, they have a lot of stuff on there. I love watching it off Netflix because it's commercial free.

Dianne - That's fine. I won't have time to bake anything until the weekend anyway.

I received a shipment from Culinary Teas the other day with my chai tea & dessert tea samplers. Talk about yummy tasting teas. If you haven't ordered from this company yet the samplers are the way to get a wide variety.

I made a doctor's appt this morning to go in and get this cough checked. My lungs are feeling tight even with my inhaler and the cough has picked up again. The man is complaining about how tired I am all the time like I can control it. I'll try to get on the computer over the weekend to checkin. Have a great weekend everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  08:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
I just wanted to stop in quick and say thank you. I have been going through some things that I have not shared. I am not sure how to put it all into words. But I wanted to say thank you for sharing your lives, the ups and the downs with me. You are aspecial group of women and I thank God you are a part of my life.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  08:35:45 AM  Show Profile
Dianne...If you feel like sharing please don't hesitate, we all care and your hurts and joys matter
to us! If you really can't talk about it right now that is OK too! But just know we are here for
you sister and this really is a safe place when and if you are ready. We've got your back girlfriend
and you have our prayers and embraces coming your way!

living loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  09:22:35 AM  Show Profile
Dianne, I agree with Peggy. Sometimes just writing it out and sending it off helps. There were times I needed to vent and had no one to talk to. We just want to be a nonjudgmental support to you.

Tammy, I'm glad you are going to the doctor. I hope he takes good care of you. I hate it when men get cranky because we don't function at top speed for them. I was married to one of those. Instead of being worried, he would get all cranky because it was an inconvenience to him.

It's sunny today and 29 degrees. Snow is slowly disappearing. Amazing how the cold doesn't bother people as much as the cloudy skies. Off to take mom to the doctor to see if she can take off the sling. That would mean she can drive again. Yippeee. I can only hope he says yes. We can never get everything done in one day because she won't get up before 11am. So every day we have some place she has to go right in the middle of the day. Of course right in the middle of homework or sewing.

Anyway, stay warm and safe.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  10:38:41 AM  Show Profile
Dianne, there is something very comforting to be able to unburden yourself to a groups like ours...you don't have to see or be seen face-to-face. We are all sisters who care and feel free to share what you feel comfortable doing. We're here in spirit for each other and you can feel the love and acceptance whenever you read the posts.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  6:44:15 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, I'm sorry things aren't going so well right now. Why don't you just sit on the porch and we'll just sit here with you. I'll give you some scriptures that help me. Matthew 6:8 lets us know that God already knows what we need even if we have a hard time praying about it. 1Corinthians 10:13, at the end tells us we won't have more than we can bear, but God also makes a way out for us in order to endure it.

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  7:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Thanks for your kind words that you sent Dianne as you sent those words to me as well. I've not been on the porch as much this week.. As I've been in pain and just feel like I've alone and didn't want to always come and wine about my pains. I felt like I'd be a downer always wining. So thank you.
Ruthis Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page