Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  12:33:11 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

It has been a very long day but I am going to chat with all of you before I go to bed.

Julie...What do you do in the Medical Field. You probably shared before, but I don't recall? ~ I loved your Button Fairy!! You Should start a Button Fairy Swap on MJF...but wait until after Valentine's Day...there are a ton of swaps going for Valentines. LOL But that would be a really fun Swap to do.

Kimberly...I kept screaming at my computer this afternoon..."Buy the Shawl! Buy The Shawl!" When I was reading all the posts.
Glad you did! And way to go on the shoe sale girlfriend! Nothing like a bargain on shoes!!! ~ I love Francine Rivers...she is probably my all time Favorite Christian Fiction Writer. Redeeming Love being my favorite of hers. Though I have loved them all. I know Karen Kingsbury personally and she shared with me that Francine couldn't write as fast as we all wanted her to due to health issues in her life. So, sad but I have loved what she has written. I use to read Karen's books all the time, until I developed depression along with my Fibro,
and as you know Karen's books usually are sold with a pkg of Kleenex for a reason...they are always so sad! I had to quit reading her stuff because I don't need extra sadness in my life. ~ I miss baking with my kids! Enjoy every moment of it...it flies by so quickly. ~ Also, do start a charm bracelet. I collect them myself. I have many...and now, I collect vintage Bracelets. But I have several personal ones that tell my life story.

Whittney...I'm with Penny and a couple of others...count your stitches...that is the only way to avoid "Wonky" outcomes. LOL When I crochet, I tend to drop stitches but when I knit I tend to add stitches. Crazy huh? Now, I just count and it may take longer but it is worth it in the end.

Nancy - I have never heard of the Elm Creek Quilting Series, I will have to check it out. ~ And no, Maria Bostwicks books all have the Word "Thread" in their Titles. Google her or look her up on Amazon. They are good reads.

Pam and Kimberly...I love Anne of Green Gables. Loved the Books first and the movies second. I always love books better than movies...but I still have to watch the movies too. Megan Fellows was the perfect Anne Shirley. ~ I am not like Kimberly in the fact that I can stand the movies if they don't follow the book...because they never do. I just figure that it is a given they won't and I don't get upset by it. But I have a couple of friends just like you Kim, who I can't go to the Movies with because they drive me nuts tearing it apart all the way through. LOL It's like, "I don't care...let's just watch the movie." but they totally can't enjoy it. I want to say, "Quiet your inner critic and just watch it anyway." lol I also loved Little House on The Praire. Both the books and the TV Series ~ Pam
crafting is also in my blood. I do all kinds of crafing...I love variety just like you seem to. I get bored with long projects...I like to see results quickly. But I have made many shawls, afgans and those types of things...but I keep at them until they are finished. I can do an afgan easily in a months time, a shawl in one or two weeks.

WELCOME BACK SUE...Well if you just started Weight Watchers then our vitual food is perfect for you. It has zero calories no matter how wickedly good it sounds. LOL

Dianne...I agree that Maria Bostwicks books and Debbie MaCombers books do sound like us Porchies or just MJF gals in general. We are different women with different backgrounds all coming together with common interests, to share life and life's lessons with...because we need each other and that bond of comrodery is a finely woven tapestry. We make life more fun together; richer, and fuller as we deal with real life issues; as well as sharing our tears, our laughs and our troubles. And there is nothing better than having a place to come where you feel safe and you can be open and honest about life and your feelings.

Ruth Ann...sorry dear heart that your sciatic nerve is still giving you fits. They can take a long time to heal. Once when I injured mine it took 6 months before the pain left. You may just have to get another perscription of those pain pills. Or start taking a couple over the counter Aleve every day. That is what I use for my Fibro pain.

Bunny...I have never read any of your friends books either. My but my reading list is growing longer by the minute!!!! LOL We might just have to change the subject so we can all get caught up on our reading lists. ha ha!
I did add her though! ~ Glad to hear that Twinkle is doing better. I imagine that the other cats are jealous over her special treatment! My dogs would be.

OK...hope I didn't miss any of you, I am off to bed now for a bit of reading and sleeping.

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 14 2012 12:48:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  07:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning,
Just want to say Hi! and that Im off to the the chiropactor[spelling not sure]. I'll check in later and you know how it went. Hope everyone is having a nice day. Boy it's cold here.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  08:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Good Day Porchies, The day started out cloudy and cold, but is changing into a beautiful clear day.
Julie, I love your fairy button, very pretty.
Bunny, Good luck with all of your studies!
Ruth Ann, Hope the Dr. appt helped!! I have had the same problem in the past and it is no fun.
Off to meet a client that I finished her mother's last little quilt for her. All I had to do was sew on the binding and make a label, which I paper pieced. I feel very honored to have been asked to do this because her mother was Hortense Beck, a rather well known quilter in this area. I think some of her quilts are at the Quilt Museum in Neb.
Since it is such a nice day, hope to get out and maybe ride or do some ground workT with the horses.
Tomorrow is my Tea Group meeting, I always look forward to these meetings, we have lots of fun, food and of course wonderful tea.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  10:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
thanks for all the help ladies.

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  10:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Just popped in to say Hi. Still trying to get the moving stuff together now that we actually have a place to move to.
My DS should be here today to take a look at the snow situation. We are way over in that area and headed for a record. When it doesn't snow the temp drops to -20. Just trying to stay warm and keep the snow off delicate areas. Hugs to all and later

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  11:28:13 AM  Show Profile
Penny, Congrats to quiting smoking. My Daddy smoked forever and tried quiting several times. He finally had to hand it over to God because he couldn't do it on his own. That was decades ago.

Peggy, you know Karen Kingsbury!!!!! Introduce me!!!! Actually I think it was Pam who said she didn't like the movies.... I LOVE the Anne of Green Gables movies. Own them and love watching them. The only one I don't like is the third one because it doesn't even try to follow the books. Road to Avonlea is good too. Haven't seen the Emily shows yet but I loved the books. Little House on the Prairie is awesome, books or shows. My favorite Francine Rivers series is The Mark of the Lion with Hadassah. All her books are awesome but those are my favorite.

Oops, being summoned by my munchkins. Talk more later!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  5:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Penny - good for you for quitting smoking! You won't regret it :).

Kimberly - yay for new shoes & for getting the shawl! I'm so excited for you! Usually if I don't snatch something up, the next time I go, it's gone :(. So I'm happy for you that you were able to get it! Can't wait to see pictures of it! My mom also has a charm bracelet, but I don't think she's added anything to it for a very long time. I'll have to ask her next time I'm home. Maybe that can go on my Christmas/Birthday list for next year :).

Bunny - homework in high school is nothing like homework in college/university! I only went to college for 2 years (it was a 2 year course), but if I remember correctly, the first year, I had 3 days of no homework/work (I was working part time). The 2nd year, I decided I was not working, so I did have a bit more time off (Christmas & Spring Break), but it was still a lot of homework. And there were so many nights I was asleep, if not in bed, by 8:30-9. I was doing good if I could stay up til 10!

Peggy - I try to do small projects so I can finish them, but for some reason, I don't! It sucks. And usually I do "big projects" (like my niece's quilt) for Christmas & birthdays, so it needs to get done. But I still have difficulty with getting them done! I'm going to try something different this year & make a checklist & finish something on it before I start something "new". Let's hope it works!

NeeNee - was the counting the problem? Hope it works out for you!

Cherime - you could send some snow our way! We don't have any! You can still see black dirt & stubble in the fields (well, the few fields that were planted last year!). It really doesn't feel like January/winter here. Good luck moving!

Kimberly - yes it was me who said I didn't like the movies lol. I'm weird, I know. My favourite shows are Road to Avonlea. I even bought the whole series/all the seasons in 2010 for I think it was about $200-$250. It was a great buy - I watch them quite often, more often than a lot of my other movies.

Well, I went to the next town over today with 2 friends. Didn't find much, but I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I found some tea (mulberry black tea, cream au caramel rooibos & rosehips for my friend for her birthday). Spent way too much time on Pinterest today - but there are so many cool things out there! And it's way easier to see pictures of everything in one spot than trying to find it all on your own. Not that I'm really looking, honestly, for anything in particular. But it's fun. Well, I think I'm off to finish up a couple of things and make a list for tomorrow. Talk to you all later - have a good night!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  6:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all just a quick note. I was searching on the internet to learn how to do Queen Ann lace crochet and looking for a pattern...I remembered that Whittney had asked for help with her crocheting....I have trouble reading patterns and this site has great pics and explains things very well....so thought I would share it...hope it helps the ones that need it...like me...http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/tip_crochet.html

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  10:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Just have to share this. Went tonight to a Family Fun Night that my Heirloom Home Arts gals were doing. Turned out they tricked me. It wasn't a Family Fun Night...... It was a surprise Birthday Party!!!!!! It was great and they completely surprised me. I didn't catch on until I got called to stand in a circle and have happy birthday sung to me. I'm a little slow, I know. I think that's the first Birthday Party I've had since moving to the States. Those gals are just so important to me. The best friends a gal could ask for. Can't believe they went to all that trouble. I definately appreciated it. :D

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2012 :  11:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Kimberly, I am so glad that you have wonderful friends like that...you deserve it..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  6:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Sorry for being MIA but this bronchitis has been kicking me badly. I took a sick day Friday. I thought my temp had finally broken Friday morning but it spiked again that night. Last night I finally started bringing up the phlegm (sorry to be gross)which was a good sign this think is starting to break up a bit. I have a massage Monday so I'll have her work on getting all that nasty stuff broken up. Probably won't sound too healthy tomorrow night but it's for the best.

Happy Birthday Kimberly! Hope you had the best of blessings.

I just ordered some tea from Culinary Teas, the chai tea & dessert tea samplers. I can't wait to try them - they sound so yummy. We'll have to have a tea party on the porch :O)

I forgot to mention that I finished Adopting an Abandoned Farm. It wasn't quiet what I thought it was going to be but it was a light read. Basically a woman poet falls in love with a friend's farm and rents the abandoned farm across the road for (ready for this!) $40 for an entire year - it took place in the late 1800's. She spent over $5000 her first year upgrading it which had to have been a small fortune back then all because she fell in love with a peacock and had to upgrade the place so it would be a better backdrop for him LOL As I said, wasn't quite what I thought it was but an interesting read. I had hoped it was a homesteading type book.

For those of you that have a Kindle (or app), I found a ton of free homesteading and home ec books listed. The American Frugal Housewife, The Complete Home, Twenty-Five Cent Dinners For Families of Six, The Quest for the Simple Life, and Letters of a Woman Homesteader are just a few I found. I also found some Grace Livingston Hill books for free including Montana Girl. There's a noticable difference between her earlier work and later work but they're quaint light reads. Today I found a cookbook called Made-Over Dishes that was free too. I've downloaded so many free books to my Kindle and Nook apps that its' going to take me at least a year (okay maybe 6 months the way I read)if I don't get sidetracked to get through them.

Today I managed to clean and mop the bedroom and hallway. I was totally exhausted after that so the LR will wait until tomorrow. Thankfully it's a day off for me so I can continue to heal. I worked a bit on the man's sock while watching Merlin (BBS series). I've fallen in love with this series and have started watching them from the beginning on Netflix. I just finished season 1. Made homemade pizza with pepperoni, onion, green pepper, and bacon. Yum. I decided that pizza sauce is getting to expensive so I made my own. The man wasn't too sure about it as he's had a bad experience where somebody used ketcup for the pizza sauce with herbs added (yuck!). The man was very much liking this sauce and said I could make my own if I liked lol.

Well it's time for me to go submerge myself on the couch as my energy has pretty well worn out for today. Take care everybody and have an awesome Monday tomorrow :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  7:28:19 PM  Show Profile
Please take care of yourself Tammy. Bronchitis is no fun.

She bought the scarf! Ha ha it was so fun watching and waiting. Great deal on the shoes, too.

You're right Peggy, I have not mentioned what I do in the medical world. I'm a respiratory therapist and have been in this career since 1998. I typically work critical care and have just about seen it all. I work the weekends so DH and I don't have to deal with daycare. I hear one day DD will get older and then I can work a weekday like a real person.

I'm really enjoying the Outlander book. I'm also working on a scarf which is mainly stocking stitch (for brain relaxation therapy). I can't recommend enough The Knitting Stitch Bible I bought at Half Price Books.

See you ladies tomorrow!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  9:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! Actually my birthday is tomorrow but they surprised me a few days early. :) One lady gave me a huge compliment. She asked how old I was going to be. I answered 39 and she said that was much older than she was expecting!!!! Gotta love that. I remember shortly after my 35th I was getting my husband some beer and got carded. SERIOUSLY. I showed my license and they were like, Oh wow you look great!! Thanks, I think?????? The old grey mare ain't what she used to be but it can't be all bad either. :P

I'm going to try and attach a picture of my new black shawl.

Went riding today. My old boy was feeling good. He'll be 21 this year but he wasn't acting his age at all. I've been a little concerned because he isn't holding his weight like he used to. Had the vet float his teeth and voiced my concern. She said he looked great, no problems but if I was concerned to give him a little extra feed or some grain. Then she asked how old he was, when I told her she was shocked because this horse doesn't look anything over 15, he's very youthful looking. One person last year asked me if he was three (he was 20). So he's been getting a little grain every day and today on the ride he was acting it. sheesh. I was joking with him that we were getting a little long in the tooth but we still had it as we galloped across the countryside. Had to wear him out before I could let my children ride on him!!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  10:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, happy birthday! The shawl is beautiful. I'm so glad you bought it.

Tammy, get better soon. I hate the coughing phase though. Whenever I have a coughing fit, I have a sneezing fit right afterwards. And you know what that means to us ladies after having a few kids.

It snowed a little today. At least it is trying. My son said the mountain passes through Yosemite and Sonora where I use to live are both open. That is the first time that has ever happened! The passes always close around Thanksgiving and don't open again until Memorial day. I hate to think what this is going to do to the reservoirs and the fire season. Even in the past with a light snow year, the passes have closed.

I finished all my homework for the week. My classmate came today and we worked on accounting together. I found out she was the high score in class last quarter. And she was wanting help from me! We figured out she did much better on the tests than me. We both got A's in the class but she got a 98% and I got a 94%. We should do great this quarter working together.

Well, I'm off to bed. I stayed up too late last night and paid for it this morning. Tomorrow is my day to play! So I want to be ready and able when my eyes open in the morning.

Later ladies. Stay warm and healthy!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  11:46:22 PM  Show Profile
RFM Tammy...get well girl...you sound terrible even from here. LOL
You will love the Culinary Teas, they are my favoirte teas ever. Teacher Tammy got me hooked on them.

Teacher Tammy...I forgot to tell you to leave Jax hair alone as long as it stays real cold. If you are brushing him everyday (then he won't get tangled hair) but if you start to notice clobs of hair on the floor or carpet...then take him for a cut. These dogs don't have fur...the have hair like humans and so then don't shed. I know when Bella starts yanking her hair out it is time for a hair cut. We had our dogs done a week ago because we were have unusually warm winter weather and then bamb...the weather turned on us and now they snuggle as close to us as they can. Poor Babies.

Kimberly...HAPPY BIRTHDAY you youngen you! I loved my thirties and forties they were the times that I felt the most productive in life, the most needed, and the most alive and strong. From 50 on everything seemed to go to Hell In a Hand Basket. So, enjoy LIFE....now, it is the best birthday gift you will get. ~ Love your beautiful Black Shawl. Very pretty! Glad you bought it. ~ How nice that your friends threw you a Birthday Party. Fun! I loved that my kids threw one for me last Oct. even thow I told them I didn't want one. I was serious, but they ignored me...and afterwards I was glad they had. It was a lot of fun.

Julie...thanks for sharing what you do in the medical field.
You have a very important job.

Bunny....that was kind of funny about you and your study partner, that she had actually got the highter grade. But who cares...you both got A's. I am sure others would like to be your study partners too ( all those who didn't get A's). lol
Glad that you get a play day tomorrow.
Do something fun!

Penny...I am so glad to hear that your youngest son is moving back. That is great. In the back of my mind I thought that might happen...I don't know why...but I am glad for you that he is.

My oldest son and my middle son are coming by tomorrow early afternoon. I look forward to seeing them. They will also have my three yr old Grand-daughter with them. I can't wait to see them.

Well, I am off to read and then call it a night. We have gotten no snow, but the weather has been cold. Which is seeping into my bones and muscles and making my pain level kick up to the next level of pain. I am living on pain pills and aleve.

Night Ladies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

sue5901
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Sue
Wellingborough
United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  02:49:31 AM  Show Profile
Morning

Thanks for all your welcome back messages and its good to see new people on here who were not around when I was here before.

Kimberley - I love your shawl its really beautiful. I could have done with it today as we are having our first cold day of the winter, I had to scrape the ice off the windscreen on the car this morning for the first time since last winter. Brrr.But it was beautiful out with everything covered in frost - lovely.

I'm going to the cinema this afternoon to see Warhorse with my daughter - has anyone else seen it yet? I read the book to my children when they were little and we all cried and cried but I can't really remember how the story goes so it will seem new to me again. But I'll take some tissues!!!

Sue

Dance like nobody's watching!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  06:57:13 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies,
I bring french toast bake and blueberry tea. THANK YOU everyone for all the prayers. Not sure if chiropractor helped or not . Im still having pain.I did go yesterday to the health food store to get some curamin for the pain. Seems to be helping along with ice. Hoping this morning I get the pain under control so I can work on my crocheting as I need to get a project done. I can't stay focused on anything for long. I am enjoying the sun today.
Julie-Love your fairy button
Kimberly-HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Whittney-Hope your crocheting is going well.
Nancy-I need to check out the Elm Cheeck Quilting series.
Bunny-Hope your studies are going well.
Cherime-Good luck getting ready to move.
Penny-congrats on quiting smoking
Peggy- Thanks for the idea of a prayer journal. No more pieces of paper during prayer time.

Hope everyone has a sunnny day!!!!!
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  07:13:43 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, be very good to yourself. Bronchitis is no laughing matter. Can't believe you were mopping floors when you're that sick!!!! Rest so it doesn't get worse.

Cherime, hope the move is going smoothly and quickly so you can come back here!

Bunny, 94% and you're worried????? You're doing awesome, keep it up.

Sue, Welcome back! My grandfather was from England but I've never been there, yet... Didn't realize you got frost; rain yes, fog yes, but I didn't know about the frost. That would be COLD, damp cold is the worst. Stay warm.

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  07:28:10 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies.

I'm in desperate need of prayers right now.

My MIL had another heart attack a few days ago. When we got to the hospital there was people waitin for us. They were from adult services. They said that she can't stay in the trailer anymore.

She hadn't told us that the stove wasn't workin and that the tub had cracked. They said we aren't allowed to have 2 residences on 1 property in our town. We didn't know that! Lots of our neighbors have 2 and 3 residences on their properties. We didn't bring that up, no need to get them in trouble.

I can't live with her and she refuses to move to the house while I'm livin here. Adult services won't allow her to leave the hospital until she has somewhere they approve for her to go to.

Therefore...I just lost my house. I have 2 days to get my family moved out. We are gonna stay at my mom and dad's place till we can file our taxes and get an apartment. I'm so depressed right now. I won't be able to have a garden anymore. I have to give away my cats. I have to find someone to take my duck. I won't have internet or satalite anymore. I have to find a storage unit for all my books and things. I hate this!

I don't know how often I'll be able to get on here, but any chance I get I will. I'm gonna miss you all so much. I wish there was some way to handle this situation better. We have talked to everyone we can think to. Tried to come up with a better scenario. Adult services flat refuse to consider anything other than a single wide or double wide house trailer acceptable, and it has to have it's own property. The travel trailer she has is for 3 people and she's only one person. She liked it and it was here where we could take care of things for her. Now she's gonna be alone with little to no help. Seems like our way was better in the long run.

I'm just so scared and so frustrated. I'm losin my home, our plans for a healthier life, all of my hobbies and outlets, my animals, my friends, and my privacy. I hate livin in town. I hate rentin. I hate that we now have to start all over agian with the future we had worked so hard for gone.

I'm sorry about bein such a downer here. I really needed to let some of this out and cry for a while. Now I have to get back to work. I have to start haulin loads to my mom's in a few hours.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  07:36:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to all my sisters. Today is a very sad day for us. When we moved to KY we inherited the dog, a Blue Heiler, who has lived on the property for almost 17 years. She is almost completely blind and deaf and has severe hip dysplasia. This morning she is completely unable to get up...her back legs can no longer support her body. Her former owner, well, actually he's her owner, we're just the caretakers, has said that he knows that she needs to be put down but he just can't bring himself to take care of her. She no longer has control of her bowels or bladder. I tried to help her up this morning but she just has no strength at all. She's lost so much weight that she's nothing but skin and bones but she's soooo sweet. I'm really torn apart. It's not fair to her to keep her alive in the shape she's in but her owner says he just can't take her to the vets. What would you do in our place? Your advice is needed and support for us no matter what is decided.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  08:10:34 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies,
Tammy-Hope you feel better
Kimberly-love your shawl
Angela-Were praying for you
Sue-Welcome back
Nancy-przying for you as you are in a hard place
Teacher Tammy-hope your having a good week and things are getting back normal with your butterflies.
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  08:44:38 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I'm so sorry for your situation. Sending prayers for you now. I know not much would make you feel any better. This won't last, it is only temporary. Perhaps there is something better over the horizon, though it won't feel at all like that right now. I hope you are settled soon and life returns to somewhat normal.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  09:22:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone -

Prayers going out to you Angela - I'm sure things will get better eventually, but it's hard to see that far ahead when you're in such crisis right now.

Nan - if you can do it, could you offer to take the dog to be put down so the owner doesn't have to do it? I know how hard it is to euthanize a pet, but you have to do what is best for the animal even if your heart is hurting.

To everybody who is thinking of reading the Elm Creek Quilters series - I have read all of these books and loved them immensely - my only suggestion would be to go onto the Elm Creek website and find the list that puts the books in chronological order instead of reading them in the order they were published. The reason is that the author often goes back in time in her books, and things seem so out of sequence if you don't read them in historical order. Just a suggestion!

Peg - do you ever hear from our dear Darlene and how she is doing with her treatments? I've e-mailed her several times with no response. If you are in touch with her, please tell her I'm praying for her and hope she is doing OK.

Kimberly - I was voting for you to buy the shawl too - I'm so glad you did, because it is gorgeous!

Tammy - hope you feel better real soon!

Sue - welcome back! I don't think I met you before you went away, but I'm glad to get to know you now!

Hope everybody else is doing OK - have a wonderful week.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  10:02:51 AM  Show Profile
Dear Angela...I am so sorry to hear about all your current struggles. Is hubby moving to your moms with
you or is he staying to care for his mother? Know that we all care and we will all be praying that while
it seems like God is slamming the door on your plans...that all things happen for a reason. Jeremiah 29:ll says that God has a plan and a purpose for your life (trust that and believe it with all your heart). I love how the Message Bible States it: " I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

Nancy...I know it will be hard but that dog needs put down. It is suffering needlessly. It is more inhumane to watch it suffer than to let a Vet quietly put him/her to sleep. It's hard, I have been there and done that and bawled my eyes out but I knew it was the right time and the humane thing to do. Prayers coming your way sister.

Ruth Ann...how are you doing today? Thanks for the French Toast bake and blueberry tea. Yummy!
Do you find that the cold weather makes your sciatica throb more? What is curamin? Never heard of it?

Sue...I have never read War Horse but the previews for the movie looked good. Taking Kleenex is
probably a really good idea...if you already cried reading the book....it is a safe bet you will
need them. Let us know what you thought of the Movie.

Luanne...I emailed you but I will be sure and tell her that you inquired about her and that you are
praying for her.

Julie...I agree with what you told Angela. God never shuts a door with out opening a window. And I
know when we are at a loss to even know what to do or even what to pray...that opens wide the path
for God to take over and show us HIS PLANS for our lives.

Well, best go eat something and get my clothes on. I can't have a pajama day today...even tho I would
like to. My kids should be here in about 3 or 4 hours. The house is clean but I'm a mess. Ha Ha

More Later Porchies...

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 16 2012 10:06:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  10:52:49 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
Hi! Im doing ok. I was in alot of pain when first got up so moved around some,took a curamin and sat on a ice bag. I go back to chiropractor tonight to go over xrays. We will know more what's up totally. No the cold weather is better for the pain. Thinking it's arthris as I had all my labor in hips and legs on rainy morning. That's when I start to get pain off and on but never this bad before. That was 21 years ago I feel luck that I'ved never had it this bad before.
What curamin is:anti-inflammatory herb.
Well best off. Will check in later.
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page