Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  06:56:41 AM  Show Profile
As I sit on the porch I hear 2 new chicks that just hatched. My son James is so excited. We've never done this before. I wil sit informt of the fire with tea and my Bible to have a few minutes of peace on "the porch" before my crazy day starts!!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  07:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I'll add some M&M pancakes to the ones Marcie made. mmmmmmmmm.......so good.

Before I come over to the porch, though, I am going to fix my back porch screen door. The cats love climbing on it and ripping up the screen so they can get in. The screen will last a few months before I have to change it again.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  07:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
MMM! Fresh pancakes, tea and a roaring fire on our porch! That sounds great! I think today is a day for extra comfort- Partdon me while I drag this adult sized bean bag over- I love bean bags for days when you to be extra comfortable!!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  11:05:49 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day everyone. I am fixing a big fruit bowl to go with the pancakes and sitting on the porch thinking about my husband who can't be here today and is in N.C.for family

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From Sheep to Handspun."
http://mountainmorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  12:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Happy Valentines Day everyone. I have some Valentine's tea and yes it is actually called that. It is a black tea with strawberries, chocolate chips, and roses. Very yummy. So thought I would bring some to the porch to relax with my sweet farm gals.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  04:39:41 AM  Show Profile
Aahhhh. After a whole week without the forum, it feels so good to head straight for the porch on Tuesday mornings and catch up with what's going on out here. This past week we made it through snow, which is very rare here, just ask Marly and Michelle. We went trough sledding though, and had a blast. Then had to 'blast' into Shreveport to locate a missing mom (she's fine -- just took off to a dulcimer workshop in Dallas without telling any of us! - That woman is an 82 year old, 4'11" tornado!!!) With everything else going on, it just feels so good to get here, relax, sample the goodies and sip a good cup of hot tea. Aahhhhh. Yep. This is definitely the life!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  04:50:57 AM  Show Profile
That 82 yr old tornado needs to come to the porch and bless us with her dulcimer playing!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  05:47:34 AM  Show Profile
After a very long week with no time to get on the forum and really look things over, it feels great to come in here and sit with all you ladies sip my hot coffee and enjoy! I love this porch!

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  05:50:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
It's been a long week (or month really) here as well. So nice to relax on the Porch! The M and M pancakes were wonderful. :)

I love dulcimer music. :D I think I'll get my tea going and sit back and enjoy.

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Sisterhood #: 594
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  06:41:44 AM  Show Profile
I love dulcimer music too. I have two mountain dulcimers, guess I could get them out and practice. (I need a lot of that. lol )
The white fluffy snow has stopped falling for now. Maybe I'll go to town to the bagel shop and get some fresh baked ones to share here.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page

Downhome CountryGirl
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Sam
Klondike Texas
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  08:22:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Downhome CountryGirl a Yahoo! Message
What a lovely day it is ladies to be on the porch enjoying the sun after all of this snow. I'm so ready for spring to see the earth change with it's beauty and I can't wait to get started on that garden. I'm still trying to figure out the floating mechanisim for it though nothing seems to be holding up. LOL I figure it had better float or I had better learn how to do the mud pedal (I'm sure the doggy pedal wouldn't work on all of this mud.) Well ladies the sky is clear and the sun raise are a beauty I pray it doesn't end anytime soon. Well I guess I'll get my potatoe eyes out and get them planted, I read that if you planted them in a big trash bag that it was much easier to harvest them and you are able to only get the ones that are ready then cover them back up until the rest are so I've got my trash bags and soil and I'm gonna give it a whorl. I was thinking they might not wash away as bad either. Well back to more garden ideas See you Gals later.
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  11:31:36 AM  Show Profile
I am sitting on the porch thinking how I am going to get back on track now that my children are home all day! I am having such a hard time doing my farm girl stuff because I am so exhausted from fighting with them to do their work! for this moment I will just the tranqulity!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

dawnm
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Dawn
Blueridge Mts Va
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  12:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I am new to the Porch Sitting chat. And to the Forum; I started today. I will have to keep warm while sitting and spittin. I live in the south and when I stand on the porch, I feel like I am in NYS where I grew up. I am going to read through the posts to get the hang of this. It looks like fun and I am really good at sitting; on my porch or otherwise - LOL

PS I have had fun today with the Farmgirl Connection, but need to get back to reality.

Dawn

Small farm farmers rock!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  4:16:47 PM  Show Profile
hi
i'm new too to this front porch and its great
i'm enjoying a hot tea (white tea w/lavender)
so good and with all the now this coming down
i'll have afire too. nice talking to you all
sweet dreams
jersey farmgirl

jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  5:40:52 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Dawn and Deb! Always plenty of room on the porch!

I spent the weekend with my eldest daughter. Had a good time, especially playing with my grandson, and talking about baby on the way. While there, my middle daughter called on V day and told me she was expecting too! Whoo Hoo!! Both will be great with child for my youngest daughters wedding this sept. I think these next months are gonna be busy!!!!! In the meantime, a cup of tea and a good chat here on the porch is needed.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  5:51:51 PM  Show Profile
Julia - sitting on the porch with you, my heart is filled with joy at your good news. Consider yourself hugged! I would get up from my rocker right now and throw my arms around you and say, two grandbabies on the way.....life is good.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  7:33:24 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
I bring a cup of chocolate mint tea and chocolate chip cookies. I am trying to wait patiently for grandbaby #3 to arrive. Dear daughter in law went to hospital yesterday...they sent her home. She is rather anxious. I had to laugh today my second and third graders informed me I couldn't be a grandma if I had 13 year old twins. I explained they were my stepchildren..although I don't think of them that way at all...they are my own...and they said well you are not old enough. I laughed...they are so funny. We had a snow day yesterday so it was busy getting back into swing of things. So I am ready to relax here on the porch.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  09:20:29 AM  Show Profile
Ooooo Chocolate mint tea! Never tried that but sounds yummy. Save me a cup please. I am looking at the weeds that have sprung up in the garden after all the recent rains and know I need to get busy. First bulbs of spring have bloomed. Hubby got me a giant bird hotel for Vday. Every day I look to see if anyone has moved in yet. I am thinking of putting up a for rent sign lol. I am so impatient. Well its off to get work done. Loved sharing my morning with you ladies.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  10:17:26 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe I haven't been on the forum since last week. Boy, I sure missed it. We've had snow, snow, snow. I'm so ready for Spring! I wish I had been down at our KY house because it is small and there is a wood stove that throws out so much heat it will scorch your tonsils if you get too close. How good that would feel about now. That's why I need the warmth of the porch. Reality is highly overrated!

I'm in the mood for some hot spiced cider. Anyone else want a mug? Some shortbread cookies would taste great with it, don't you think?

Speaking of grandbabies...my 11th is on its way in August. Can't wait!!!

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  11:30:46 AM  Show Profile
Was wandering by and see that y'all are still here chatting away and I see some wonderful needleart projects going on. Scootch over a bit and I will sit and watch while I sit and knit a bit on the scart that I am making.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  4:17:49 PM  Show Profile
The sun feels so good today! Talked garden stuff with my mom. So much to do in my new garden. This will be year one at this house, so am looking forward to adding my touch to the wonderful garden already established. Time to plant my sweet peas! But maybe I'll have a cup for that chocolate mint tea first!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  4:40:20 PM  Show Profile
Whew! I've been a cleaning whirlwind all day! plus I think I have all of my garden seed ordering finalised =)
Time for a cuppa jasmine tea and a sit down! I found a marvelous book on quilting while out thrifting recently and am inspired to try a floral cottons patch work style quilt for our queen sizes bed...lots of work cut out for me, but I usually jump in with both feet and look what I've landed in afterwards =P

In the meantime I have a couple of little aprons I'm working on . Handsewing is so relaxing and I can sit here and chat with all of you sweet girls =) so...scootch over a wee bit more and I'll sit a while.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Bugabee
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Kristie
Lugoff South Carolina
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  7:13:42 PM  Show Profile
Scoot over, I need a spot after today. I learned it really isn't possible to do it all. Let the dust settle, forget the laundry, work on the books later, and pass me a cup of tea....please....thank you!
PS If anyone asks, Im in the field!

Yes.. these are my rose colored glasses. It's a pretty way to see.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  7:22:49 PM  Show Profile
hey all good to be just sittin with friends i'll have a cup of that tea as well
today was long and hard on the back i just sit here with my warm rice bag
lol

inch by inch
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  05:42:34 AM  Show Profile
The wind is blowing here, so I'm going to sit in the sunroom. Join me for a cuppa (your choice). I've got some raspberry kuchen ready to cut.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page