Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  11:54:03 AM  Show Profile
Looks like we have two of us who spell our name (Dianne) with two nn's! Welcome! Angela, thank you for the tea. Can't wait to brew it. Luanne (scarf swap partner from last year), I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's mom. You are in my prayers. Peggy and the Porch, hope everything works out for all of you. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  12:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
Peggy thanks for the info on the sweet tater fries. I have not seen them on a menue around here, but never thought to ask either. I usually make my fries from scratch. The DH likes them and they are not hard to make. I will have to try them tonight if I have any energy left after canning pears. I miss having my girls home to help. On the up side I don't have to can as many for just my DH and me.

Hope all of you have a great weekend

Dianne from Idaho
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  7:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Dianne - spinning is one of the reasons I'm considering getting angoras. I was at a fiber fair this fall and the lady was cutting the wool off with scissors instead of brushing it out. It was pretty interesting.

Several have mentioned dating sites. My df and I met on EHarmony and we both agree it helped weed out a lot of the undesireables. It will only work if both people are honest when they do the questionaires. My worse experiences were on Plentyoffish. I ended up with a guy stalking me of that site. Thankfully I'd been careful and hadn't let him know where I lived but he knew I frequently hung out with a friend's band and started showing up and texting me that he was there and wanting to know why I wasn't. It was seriously creepy. I had to stop hanging out with the band for a good six months because of it. Match.com was similar to plentyoffish but not quite as bad. There was one called farmersonly that I tried. I was talking to a guy but he was in another state and it was about the same time I started talking with df. I just knew I was supposed to focus on df so I didn't persue meeting with the other guy.

I got my military resume brushed up and applied for three jobs at locations in our area so we'll see if I get any nibbles. I've probably applied for 200 positions in the past 5 years and only got 1 nibble so I won't count any chickens before they're hatched lol. My dd's boyfriend's dad is opening a smoke shop in the next 2 weeks and needs help so I told her to keep me in mind. I love the smell of tobacco even though I don't smoke - it's always given me a warm, safe feeling. I'm sure there's some memory way back as a child that triggers it but I have no idea why I feel that way.

Bought my yarn today for my son's helmet liner. Got a super soft merino wool. I started it this afternoon and have about 3" of ribbing done already. It's working up pretty quickly so far.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  7:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
RFM Tammy~ Sorry to hear about DF’s rejection letters. Praying something opens up for him soon.

Penny~ Plenty of Fish is where I found my now ex. I was thinking I might get better matches or whatever on eharmony, but apparently the experts there do not comprehend distance is a big factor for me and keep sending matches that are in Timbuktu. However I did re-sign up on POF as well. I made a quick profile the other day and didn’t think much more about it. Yeah that was bad. I’ve been hit on by about every bottom-feeder on the site. LOL But I revamped my profile tonight and we’ll see how that goes. I guess so far the creepiest message would have to be from the guy who wanted to brush my hair and massage my feet. Umm no thank you I can do those by myself just fine.

Bunny~ Good luck on the interview tomorrow!

Angela~ Before I forget this again! Thank you so much for the yummy tea. I got it in the mail the other day. Mmmmm thank you!!! A warm cuppa tea makes everything better.

Well girlies, this weekend the kiddos are gone to thier dad's house. DD called earlier after marching band competition to let me know that they got bad news. They will not be moving on to state finals next weekend. I feel bad for those kids. They've all worked so hard, but they've done a fantastic job to go as far as they did! Also went and watched my nephew play his last football game for the season this afternoon. They won!!! Woo-Hoo! First game to win and it was the last. 15-0! And tonight I have company coming. The crew from the paranormal society I spoke with back in June are coming up to check out the house. I'm not bugged by whatever is going on with the house, but the kids are pretty creeped out by it. So hopefully these guys will be able to debunk all the noises and explain them and I can tell the kids it's nothing and put an end to all of it.

Have a great night!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  8:32:51 PM  Show Profile
Today was baking day. So I ground the grain and made bread, tortillas, cookies, and pies. Cookies were a dismal failure so hopefully I saved them by crumbling them up and putting them into some homemade ice cream. :) Still have to finish cleaning the kitchen and do my outside chores but I've got the kids all tucked in and figured I could take a moment to say hi to all my Porchies.

I've been watching some episodes of Hoarders. *shiver* If that doesn't motivate you to clean your house nothing will. Golly. Anyways it got me thinking. I think my Oma might have had some degree of an issue with this. Her house was cluttered and dirty. I swear something growled at me from her fridge one time. It sure had enough fuzz growing on it to. The last straw for me was the time I saw a chicken walking on her kitchen counter doing what chickens do and it didn't faze her. I walked out of the house, found my parents and informed them I would NEVER eat in that house again. We stayed in an RV or hotel when we went to visit because the house wasn't pleasant. So anyways it's got me worried because there can be a heriditary issue with this. I know I'm not the best housekeeper in the world but my house is NOT dirty or packed full or anything. Just not always as perfect as I would want it to be. Yesterday I started purging. I'm determined that no matter what this won't be me at any stage in my life. So I'm cleaning and purging and working on getting things organized. I've kept things in the past because I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Oh that reminds me of something my Oma sent me once. This is funny. I was the petitest, skinniest little wretch in mankind and my Oma found a box at a thrift store and sent it to me. It was filled with corsets!!!

Potatoe harvest is almost done. They should be done a circle today and then they only have one more to do. So hopefully my husband and his crew can start getting some sleep. They are exhausted. And once harvest is done his workload decreases big time and he'll actually have time to spend with me and the kids. He'll even be able to attend Church again. I truly do try to enjoy every season but seeing my husband walking around like a dead man isn't something I like a bunch.

Melanie - distance definately didn't stop me and Matt!!! I'm from NE BC Canada and he was from Southern CA. But I know it isn't feasable for everyone. God had a plan for us and brought it about.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  2:19:21 PM  Show Profile
It was sort of a laid back day today. I'd planned to clean and knit but haven't gotten to either lol. Finished up a book I was reading instead and went and got the rest of my grocery shopping done.

Df found a gold necklace in his dresser he's had for years and sold it yesterday. He got enough money to practically pay entirely for us to blow insulation into the attic so today he's been working on preparing the attic for that. Nasty job. Hopefully it will help bring down the heating bill significantly.

Yesterday we went thrifting. We are in need of a bed to put into the spare room. Found a headboard marked down for $9.99! Nothing fancy but it does have some nice carvings on it. With a bit of cleaning and conditioning oil it should look really nice. All I need now is a frame. Df found a cute little cardinal tealight holder marked 50c but due to their 1/2 off + 1/2 off sale it rang up for only 13c!!! My ex threw out my Harry Potter books in his "if you want it you're not getting it" stage of our divorce so I've been trying to pick up hardcover editions as I can find them. Found two at the thrift store yesterday that look brand new that rang up for $10 each. I might have been able to get them cheaper if I'd kept looking but df needed the next book to continue the series in the correct order and it wasn't a bad deal - well over 1/2 off the price if I'd bought them brand new.

Okay, I'm off to bake some cinnamon raisin bread. I'll leave some hot slices on the porch if anybody would like some.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  3:44:01 PM  Show Profile
Can I join you on the porch? That bread sounds awfully yummy! Just finished up playing for church and now relaxing with the family. It's a bit gray out there today so maybe I'll curl up with a good book.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mastergardenermd
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

melissa
annapolis md
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  4:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I need to sit a min and chatch my breath. My better half went back to out house in MD tonigh he's come to our farm house in PA every other weekend. it is so tireing for him but he so loves it here. Will be nice when he can totally retire and seel the house in MD.
This AM was only 32 and very frosty, but oh so beautiful.
I don't like the cold and changing weather because of all the pain it causes me after all my back operations. I'll have one good productive day than down for the count for 2 days.
I put up with it though and love being out in the country secluded, not a town girl anymore.
Just got done putting up 5 1/2 pints and 5 pints of apple butter, Yum so good but takes so long. next one is makinbg pumpkin butter.
Well as soon as I can I will post some pics of your 6 house bunies.
Hugs,
melissa 2281

Life is Like a Beautiful Garden
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  4:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow, so nice to see some new names here on the porch. Good thing it is nice a large with a wonderful overhang to keep off the rain and snow.
Well, finally have good news on the job front. It looks like I got a part time job at the local Fred Meyer store.I had to take a chill pill (1/2 a clonazepam) before I went. About 2 hours before the interview, my heart started racing and my hands were shaking so bad.I usually take it for restless leg syndrome. I'll be making up gift baskets for the holidays. If I do well and stay out of trouble, they will find me more work after the holidays are over. I only have to pass the drug test and background check. Should be no problem there. YEA FOR ME! I'll even make enough money to get new glasses, fix the back brakes in my truck and finally file for bankruptcy. Time to get my life back in order. I can almost see the light in the darkness. I have been listening to some hypnosis tapes regarding positive thinking and money flow. Some funny things have been happening the last few days. We'll see if they keep up.

Anyway, nice to meet you Wendy.

Tammy, that must have been quite a necklace. Glad it went to a good cause. I'll be enjoying that raisin bread thank you very much!

Off to do some sewing. I saw a quick checkbook cover pattern. I could make those with my eyes closed. Great for my craft fair.
Later porchies.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  5:15:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello Gals! It was actually sunny today... and calm. No wind at all. THAT'S rare!
Welcome Wendy! Nice to meet you! Here...*hands you a cuppa*...have a mug of hot cider and tell us a little about yourself. We are a casual, fun-lovin' group that never met a stranger....so....ya....we'll gab your ear off! LOL
My Sis called around 7PM and said they just got home. ~~whew~~ glad of that!So now she gets to put everything away and get straightened around so she can get back into her routine. ahhhhh....home!!! That's how I am too. Gotta put everything back into place before I can relax!
Well, I think it's time for a cup of tea and a good read!
Later Gators!
Can't wait to see bunny pics! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  7:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Bunny- I find my patterns by googling, searching on Etsy, and searching on Ravelry. One hat I make I had to write my own pattern. I knew it was crochet and I had to look at the hat and reproduce it stitch by stitch. It was a pain but worth it in the end. I hope your job works out for you. I recently got some glasses from Zennioptical.com. It took almost 2 weeks to receive them but they are nice and only cost me $11.90 including shipping. Much cheaper than any glasses store I've been to.

Kim- Isn't that hoarders show crazy? I couldn't become a hoarder either. They constantly explain the reasons behind the hoarding behavior. It's almost always related to some huge loss in their life. It does make me want to clean, too. My granny had a thing about saving paper. When she passed and I cleaned out her house there were all types of paper everywhere. Napkins, notepads, thank you cards. I think it was something from the Depression era.

I spent my weekend working and now I'll spend my week relaxing, getting ready for the market, and making MORE hats. Got another order at work today. Funny thing happened when I was leaving work. Got to the parking garage and discovered a raccoon family of about 7 raccoons. They were really cute and I wish I could've brought them all home. DH and I were talking about a family vacation next May/June. It looks like we'll try to go to Branson, Missouri. So I'm sending out a MJF alert. If there's any farmgirls near Branson, I'd love to meet up with you. DH's DD is graduating high school and we'll be in the area for a few days. DH will want to spend some alone time with his DD so I'll have some time for girl stuff.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  10:13:59 PM  Show Profile
Julie, how do you decide which glass frames will work? I don't want to get a pair and have them look goofy or be the wrong size.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  07:01:50 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - It wasn't so much the necklace but the current cost of gold which is selling for $59 a gram. The necklace was a men's double twined 14k gold necklace so it had some weight but it wasn't anything fancy. He bought it for $60 over 20 years ago and hasn't worn in in years.

I managed to get 6" of knitting done on the helmet liner over the weekend. Looks like it's going to take me three skeins of yarn instead of two like I'd hoped but he's worth it.

Matt worked most of the day yesterday on the attic so I took him out last night for a nice pizza dinner at a small Italian restaurant by our house. It's the first time I've been there for pizza and it was good. Nice atmosphere. We shared an antipasta salad. I even got him a cannolli for dessert :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  07:22:59 AM  Show Profile
Bunny- I have a "regular" size face so I picked out a pair in the medium frame section. I picked a pair that was very plain, silver wire. I figured if I picked the wrong size they wouldn't be too noticeable. I picked a pair from the bottom of the price line so I wouldn't be out much money. It turned out good though and I like them. I heard about this site from other moms who's kids were always losing/breaking glasses. I read up on the site about what information they would need to fill my order and then went to the eye doctor and made sure they filled in all the right boxes on the prescription.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  07:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

I need a cup of Tea and some good friends. This weekend was crazy. But the pears are done, and they look so pretty in the jars. Made some pear butter. Thanks for the idea. I tried a new recipe so I will have to let you know how it turns out.

I didn.t get to the sweet patato fries. My DD ordered pizza for everyone that was helping with their roof. Since my DH spent the whole weekend on the roof I went out and had pizza with him and the Gkids. It was fun and great to see how much they got done on the roof.

Tammy I will keep praying for the job situation. I too get that same kind of feeling around pipe tabacco. I don't smoke either so it must be conected to my childhood somewhere. I don't remember anyone who smoked a pipe so it must be really early childhood.
I would love to go to a fiberfair. It sounds really interesting. I have a friend who goes and she spindle spins. She said she would teach me but so far our schedules have not matched very well.

I think I am an eclectic crafter. I am always wanting to learn new things and try new crafts.
Then I go back to my favorites and then on to something new. Anyone else like that ?

Well I need to run. I didn't get to read everyones post, but I will.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  09:25:23 AM  Show Profile
Oh lots of going-ons here!

It's been a busy few days here....but last week is over, as is the weekend, and I have today off...so I'm going to try to be productive! lol

My Kinette club went up to Flin Flon (northern MB) for a convention. We left on Friday morning at about 9ish, and got up there about 8pm. But we had to make a few stops along the way, so it did take a bit longer. Very nice scenery up there. I'd like to try going in summer time/early summer just to see how it really is! And we got pictures with Flintabbatey Flonatin (you can see our really old commercial that we watched when we were kids here: http://youtu.be/1NkJOdPuwoQ ). When we left on Sunday morning it was trying to snow! It only rained/snowed for a few hours & then we outdrove it. And the further south we came, the sunnier we got :). But it was nice driving. I even won a prize! They always have these "penny draws" (that don't cost a penny, but they are pretty cheap!) & I won a reed diffuser with some oil, a bronzed metal tea light lantern & some "bump its" (that I gave to my friend who could actually use them!). (Last time I was at a Kin Convention, I won some bbq tools - which isn't really fair considering I don't have a bbq lol). I also bought a SmartKlean laundry ball that looks really cool to try :) (www.smartklean.com).

So today, I got my hair cut earlier, I'm going to do laundry, go to my dr appt, go to the credit union to sign some boring papers, and just relax! I got to go to bed at a decent time last night (9ish) & slept until 9 this morning - so nice! Going to try for that again! I also have to see what I can make for supper. Maybe I'll get energetic & start on some Christmas presents.....

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  2:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey everyone!

RFM Tammy~ Nice finds at the thrift! Wow that must have been some chunk of change to do insulation! That's awesome! Oh yeah I totally get what you mean about the smell of tobacco. But years ago my dad used to smoke a pipe. Old memories.

Bunny~ Congrats on the job! I knew you'd get it!!!

Dianne~ Hahah I like how you define your crafting. I have to say I am just like that! I haven't had much time lately for crafting, but we're getting ready to wind down with the "house" work for the year so maybe I'll be able to pick up on some of my UFO's.

Today's been like about any other day. Went to work for one of my favorite clients and then grabbed the kids from school. Got a gal supposed to come pick a dresser were not using later and then a fella gonna pick some scrap this week. Think I'm going to do some painting this evening and some laundry.

Oh well gals you all have a good evening. I might come back out later.
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  5:43:49 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, that's exactly how I am with crafts. Something will sound really interesting to me and I'll want desperately to do it but the reality isn't quite what I thought, so I go back to my old faithfuls. That's why this time, before I buy any equipment or supplies, I'm going to join the fiber guild and borrow/rent the equipment. And if I truly do love spinning and weaving instead of just loving the idea of it, then I'll buy the equipment and go to town!!!

Pam, I'm so jealous of your 12 hours of sleep I'm sure my skin is turning green. Good for you!!!! :D

Bunny, Congrats on the job(s). God does supply.

Got invited to a friend's son's birthday party this week so we went to town today to buy a birthday gift. Can't make a trip to town without getting some groceries so I stopped in at Wally's World (blah). As I was driving into the store my bra actually broke. How bizarre is that?!?! So I decided it seemed like a good day to spend a little money on momma. Kids were so good in the store. I love it when they act that way. We stopped at the Christmas section (yes it's out) and got some LED Christmas lights (husband told me to save money to buy them this year) for outside. If he likes what I got we can get more. Then, I did it. Growing up we always had an artifical tree and I prefer them. My family follows the German tradition of putting the tree up on December 6th (Santa's night - Christmas is Christ). I've wanted one since we got married and Matt inferred that this year I could get one. Sooooooo they had a 6.5 ft Boston Pine Tree prelit with LED and I snatched it up. We could have a much taller tree as we have vaulted ceilings but honestly I didn't want one any bigger. So I spent a lot of money today. On top of all that I also got the kids their toques for this winter and some thermals. I'll get the winter boots once it starts to get cooler out.

So now I've got a ham in the oven for supper and I'm just going to sit on the couch and do some AWANAS with the kids. Have a blessed evening.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  6:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
It is so good to see everyone, but I'm so far behind and have a lot of reading to do to catch up so hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post and comment all everyone...but I am going to start from this post forward...thanks everyone for being here for me...I've had a very rough day and it is nice to come here and be able to have my friends.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  9:33:21 PM  Show Profile
Penny, sorry you had a bad day. Have a cup of tea. It makes everything better. Promise.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  10:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Bunny, you are so right....I just had a cup and I do feel better and now ready for bed...you are a sweetie...thanks

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  10:39:32 PM  Show Profile
Gulp!! Just wrote a Christmas play for our Church. It's my first aka rough draft but I hope to have it all smoothed out and typed up nice to show to the director of the children ministries on Sunday. Once we've got the go ahead we can start getting everyone practicing and our church will have a Christmas program for the first time in a long time (they haven't had a lot of children in the church for a while). The idea just welled up inside of me and had to come out. So lets hope it's a good one. *fingers crossed and prayers uttered*

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  06:24:47 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies - just a stranger popping in...
Been awhile and will probably be this way for a bit. Struggling with a few things at work and just can't seem to get to the porch like I need to.
Wanted to be sure to get out here and say a big thanks to:
Angela - for the yummy tea. Even the name makes my mouth water.
Bunny - for the totally awesome quilted Christmas ornament. You are so talented. Thanks for blessing your ornament swap sisters!
Thinking of you often and wishing everyone...
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Oct 25 2011 06:25:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  07:07:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Kimberly you have been busy. Saturday is usually my baking day too although I did not do as much as you. Baking is kind of a theropy for me.
I need to find a theropy that does not add pounds to the hips. "Once on the lips forever on the hips"!I know what you mean about having your DH gone working.
The Money is nice but I miss my DH when he is working that many hours.They went to 4 10 hour days so they could do any overtime on Friday. They worked 5 10 hour
days and did more overtime on Sat all through the summer. We hardly got anything done or went anywhere. Now it has slowed down a little so at least he is getting most Saturdays off.

Tammy I love to go to thrift stores with my BF she is a thrift store addict.LOL She always finds the neatest stuff. I am always looking for certain things,
so I don't alway get the great deals. We have loads of fun though.

Wendy Welcome to the porch. You will always find goods stuff and good friends here. Pull up a rocker and grab a cup.

Melanie I know what you mean about UFO's. I have a table full of them. Some are mine and some are from a box that I recieved when My Gmom went to be with Jesus. It made me cry as
I unpacked the box, but they were tears of joy and rememberance. Some days I find myself wishing I could call her and ask a question. She knew so much.
I love you saying at the bottom of your post. I hope you don't mind but I sent it to my BF. She is that type of woman.

Bunny Congrats on the job. I have been praying. I love to here when God answers!!:)

Kimberly I just read your post on joining a fiber club and barrow or rent before I buy. That is a great idea. I have a friend who spindal spins and she said she would teach me.
If we can ever get or schedules to match.LOL!!She said it is cheeper to start this way and then decide if you really like it. Also you wrote a play! I am so in awe of all you can do.
I would love to write. Yes, one more of my eclectic things.

Penny I hope today goes better. Sit and rest a spell. We love you.

Well today is it is going to freeze, So says the weatherman. He has been predicting rain but all we got were clouds. I know it is going to freeze one of theese days.
I am grateful it has held off this long. It may still happen. The sun is not up yet. Hope all of you have a great day. I will try to get back to the porch latter. I made monster cookies.
There is no flour in theese cookies. they are held together by oatmeal and peanutbutter, and of course chocolate, I'll bring some with me.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  10:46:34 PM  Show Profile
Weather turned fristy last night. We heard the fans/windmills ( I don't know what they are called) in the vineyards running. Honestly, it excited me. :) Weirdo Northerner. Now the apples should be candy sweet so I'm going to go do some gleaning, hopefully this week and we'll make some apple sauce and apple juice and apple pies and apple........ MmmmmMmmmm

Dianne, writing is actually something I've always loved. I've always wanted to be an author, but you might note that I've never had anything published. :S. This play is the first thing I've written in a long time. But when it bubbles up, you write it down. So hopefully it's actually good and usable. I needed to write something that wouldn't need to many children and didn't have to many lines because the majority of the children are preschoolers. I hope I got it figured out. :) I'm planning on singing in it too. Love singing. Been singing in Church since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Haven't done it in a long time now and I miss it.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page