Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  10:48:51 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann - So sorry. Sounds like you are emotionally drained and just need some sleep. Hope you are doing better today.

FarmDream - So happy you made contact. It's going to be great, no worries. She's the one that said it would be nice for him to meet his grandma so she's definately open to it. :)

Bunny - striking out on adventures is always scary. What will you be studying? Glad you don't have to deal with the old boss lady anymore.

I had a fantastic night last night. Went to my Heritage Home Arts group meeting. I don't usually fit in well with group things but I do here. I love this group of ladies. Last night we did sourkraut and compound butters. I have plenty of rotkraut in the pantry so I didn't make any but I watched the compound butter and I WILL be making some of that. MmmmMmmm that's good. These ladies are all interested in the old fashioned home arts. And some of them are SO talented. We all do different things so we all learn from each other. One lady even wants to come to my house to learn to can! One of the ladies said I was a real Laura Ingalls. Now there's a compliment! I can learn so much from all these ladies and the great part is they are all willing to teach and share. It's kind of like what it used to be like when ladies would get together and share and help each other and support each other. I'm so content. :)

I've been making some goose jerky and my husband has been sharing with the guys at work, getting it critiqued. He took some of my last batch and said it was a hit. Guys said it was better than the stuff they bought in the store! So I think the recipes I'm using are working!!! It is good. And such an excellent source of protein for us for snacks and such.

I'll be sure to post how the pickled eggs and potatoes turn out for those of you that are interested. I'm crossing my fingers, I do so hate to waste so I'm hoping they are good.

Blessings,

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  12:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Bunny.. I'm glad things are finally over with old boss 'lady'. Although I'm not sure 'lady' is the right word for her. At least it's over.

Peggy... I understand about hard families. Rest and recoup. You deserve it.

Julie... Enjoy every moment you get with that little one. I couldn't imagine your situation, but I hope your family can heal from it for this baby's sake. No one should miss out on such a great grandma!

Kimberly... I wish there was a group like that near me! I would so love to learn all that stuff! I have an aunt who is teachin me and is learnin some of the stuff herself from books and such. It's been pretty fun workin together like this!

I am pacin my house like a nervous cat! I usually spend my days pickin up behind the kids and fussin over the boxes and piles of stuff that need done and dealt with. Now everything is done. I've emptied all those boxes and unpiled all my corners. I've put everything away and gotten rid of everything except for a bag of clothes that needs dropped off to a friend, but they will be gone tonight.

I feel wierd. There really isn't anything to do. I've been workin on a really complicated dinner to keep myself busy. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself for a while! It's a new and interesting problem! LOL!

I guess I could get busy on Christmas presents and put my indoor garden into action alot sooner than I thought I'd have time for it. I think I will get Hubby to finish off those shelves tonight. I'm ready to have something to fuss over agian. The kids are gettin irritated with me fussin over them all day long!

I'm off to clean and snap the green beans for dinner!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  5:21:00 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, your family is so blessed to have you around to help care for them - even exes! I hope she is doing well now & is more relaxed as well.

Peggy - I'm glad your MILove's funeral was so nice. It's good to have those pleasant, fun even, memories to look back on. I'm sorry to hear about your sister...that must be so hard on you {{hugs to you}}.

Bunny - I'm glad you got paid up from old boss lady. And that you don't have to deal much with her at all now. School is a terrible expense isn't it? I always hated paying for it. Glad you get the house to yourself for a couple of days. I always liked that especially when I lived at my parents'.

Julie - I hope you'll get to be a huge part of your grandbaby's life - grandparents are wonderful, although I only really had one set that were great. The other ones didn't know the meaning of family if you hit them with the definition. And we only saw them once or twice a year so it was a bit harder.

Kimberley - your Heritage Home Arts group sounds wonderful! I'm a teeny bit jealous :).

Natesgirl - I love a clean house! Unfortunately, mine isn't...but my problem is not enough storage space or proper places to put anything. It is getting better, but I would still love to have a couple more rooms and better organization/storage.

Well it was warmer today, although it's still cool out. Friday is supposed to be a high of 26C/80F! For the past week & a half, we've been doing good to hit 10C/50F. The weekend is supposed to be nice though. Which is good. Townwide yard sales, a trip "down south" again, visit with my mom, sister & niece & nephew (again lol. I don't think they want to stay at home - or they think I'm lonely & turning into a hermit which I'm not! lol).

So I think I'm off to make some veggie burgers to put in the freezer & have some supper. And I really want good homemade cookies...so I may make some up (but I doubt it lol).

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  02:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone~
Thanks for your continual prayers and support. Had the first chemo on Tuesday. Relatively smooth. Some aversion to food due to nausea. Wouldn't recommend it for a diet~LOL! Dizziness and a felling of an empty head! Maybe it was always empty!LOL! Uncontrollable exhaustion to the point of just falling to sleep. That's a blessing cuse then you don;t feel the nausea. Wed. nausea gone PTL! Had to go to hospital for shot to keep my blood counts up. Felt better and ate an eggplant parm sandwich, ice cream and m&ms. My son asked me if I was pregnant!LOL!
I feel bad for my kids. They are taking this hard. I'm sure when I lose my hair in 10 days it will really hit them. Have 2 hats ready to go!
Hubby has stepped up to the plate and all is well. My insurance co. will pay for my hospital administered chemo but not the meds I need to take to curb all the nasty side effects. Every 2 weeks $635! The hospital paid the first round and have pettioned the drug companies on my behalf. They have been there before they assured me! If the cancer doesn't kill you the rest of it will. TOO much drama trying to fight everything!

SISTERS~GET YOUR MAMMOGRAM! KNOW WHAT GRADE IT IS! DEMAND AN MRI IF THEY AS MUCH AS COME BACK AND SAY THEY NEED ANOTHER PIC!

Peggy~Blessings and Prayers.

Bunny~I am wrapped up in your quilt and am toasty warm and can feel your love! Thank you! Prayers and Blessings!

Everyone of you~
Prayers and Blessings and I'm sorry I have not been connected as I usually do but Too much Drama. As I settle in to my new routine I hope to be back more.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  06:06:05 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, concentrate on battling the cancer and let everyone else deal with the other drama! So sorry you are suffering through this but remember we're all here for you through it. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  06:17:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Darlene, so sorry you have to go through all that. My sister has breast cancer and went through chemo and radiation because it went to her bones. That was over 7 years ago and she is doing fine now, still on drugs, but not sign of a return yet. Things get better after the chemo if over.. I am praying for you,

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  08:10:20 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, you are in my thoughts and prayers continually. God Bless.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  09:10:42 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you a big hug.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My name is Sue, but my friends call me Geege!
Farmgirl #656
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  09:43:16 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, your doing great! I know you will get through this. I think once your kids see the cycle of good days along with the tired days they will be ok. So many women survive this now and I know you will too. Keep the faith.
I'm glad the quilt makes you feel a little better.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  10:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Darlene...love you girl, hang in there. We know you are a fighter! Extremely glad to hear that hubby
has stepped up to the plate and hey, let those kids of yours dote all over you! That is how it should
be. Continual prayers, special thoughts, and lots of love!!!

God Bless You,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  11:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Darlene, hang in there....we are here for you to make you smile, laugh or hey, what ever you need. I don't know you but the girls have talked so much about you that I feel I do...take care, take it easy...love and hugs..and prayers

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  11:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I don't remember who said they wished my pic of my family was not so dark so they could see everyone so I made it lighter...so here it is..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  7:17:47 PM  Show Profile
Darlene - Sorry to hear your going through this and issues with the insurance company. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Angela - If you are in need of something to do you can come organize my house for me LOL

Bunny - Can't believe you're still having problems with that woman. It is a federal crime to write a check that bounces so she better pay up or you definately need to file a police report.

I have a prayer request: I received a call this morning after I got to work from my son, Matthew, who is stationed in Afghanistan informing me he was shot yesterday, actually he was shot three times to his legs. No bones hit thankfully. Nearly my worse nightmare getting a call like this. They did surgery on him yesterday. He says he's okay and he'll be returning to his unit to recover after the hospital releases him. I feel so flipping helpless!!! It's driving me crazy that I can't go to him. Please add him to your prayers.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  7:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Tammy, My prayers for Matthew and you...I can understand how you feel about not being able to be with him. Wonder why they don't send him home...they should, I would think. Sweet lady, I am so sorry that you are going through this....I would like to thank Matthew for his service to our country and hope he comes home soon, safely...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  8:30:50 PM  Show Profile
Darlene - I hope your treatment continues well for you. Stay positive!

Oh Tammy that must be so hard for you...worrying so far away & not knowing or seeing for sure what's going on. My heart aches for you.

Well, tonight I cleaned my apartment - vacuumed floors, did the dishes (washed, dried & put away), cleaned the bathroom & took the garbage out. I even did my vitamin multi-pack - antioxidant/multivitamin, multimineral, fish oil, calcium, visionex, vitamin C & vitamin D. Tomorrow I have to take the recycling to work (we have a pick up box there, otherwise you have to pay)...and wash sheets for the air mattress. I thought that I'd get smart & get the next size bigger for my bed...but now it turns out that they are just a little too big. But they should work alright for the air mattress. I may get another set on the wknd for my bed & leave those other ones specifically for the air mattress. I also want to get some plain flannel sheets to put on the back of the curtains on my patio door for winter insulation, b/c I think that the door may be a little drafty, especially facing north. I was going to put plastic on it, but it can't seal at the bottom anywhere, so I'm going to have to make a little bottom door draft stopper thing - anyone have any ideas for what to put in it? I have no idea....

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  8:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Lots and Lots of Prayers and HUGE (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) going out to all of you who are hurting, worrying,stressed and scared! God hears and cares! Keep petitioning Him! I'm doing the same!
Tammy, what a horrid phone call for you to get. I'm so sorry!
Darlene, wish I lived closer to you. I'm a real "Fuss-Budget" when someone is sick and would do whatever I could to make you comfortable....and give you gentle hugs! Love ya Girl!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  12:19:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...have been so tired all day and just couldn't understand why...until I discovered that
I took my night pills this morning instead of my morning pills. Can anyone say, "Brain Fog!" Good grief girls. I have 3 kinds of pills that I take at night that make you drousy. No wonder I have felt like I was walking in knee-high mud all day and dragging my back-side behind me.

Don't ya all wish we lived close to Darlene and could just go clean her house, fix her meals, make her laugh, shave our heads with her,help her pick out her new bra's and just love her up big time? That would be so cool!!! Darlene I hope it counts that we want to be there so badly for you girlfriend. We are there in Spirit and prayers.

RFM Tammy...so sorry that you got that phone call but so happy Son was only wounded in the legs, not dead or paralyzed. I agree with Penny...tell him thanks and we applaud his bravery and appreciate his Service to
his Country. Wish there was some way you could see him. Are they allowed to skype from Afganistan? Our prayers are with you both. Hang in there...obviously someone is watching over him well!

Ok Pam...sounds like you now need a day off from Housework too. Didn't you know that housework can kill you?lol

Judy...I was actually able to open your Doozy Card today!!! Yeah...thanks for the uplift.

Hi Penny...how are you doing with son gone now? Just keep holding out for him coming home for the Holidays. It will give you something great to look forward to.

OK...my bed is calling my name. I just drank a cup of hot chocolate and feel all cozy and sleepy.

Sweet Dreams My Sweet Sisters,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 23 2011 12:23:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  04:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
My dear Ladies .... my heart is aching for what you are going through.

Darlene, hang in there girl, everyone is praying for you and we're holding your hand (at least in spirit).

Tammy, thank God it was only flesh wounds and Matthew will recover fully. I can only imagine all the emotions you are feeling. Someone was watching his back, I agree with Penny, tell him thanks and we applaud his bravery and appreciate his Service to
his Country. If Matthew has access to a computer with a web-cam and you both have Yahoo messenger you can have a "face to face" talk.

Now I have to face one of my little issues. The building contractor working on my house. He enclosed an old porch which will become part of my new kitchen, unfortunately he did not put any "house wrap" under the vinyl siding and didn't match up the new siding to where it meets the old siding. Ugh. I hate confrontations and that was the first day of the job. I must tell him to remove the siding and re-do it correctly.

{{{hugs}}}

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  06:33:40 AM  Show Profile
Tammy - may I add my thanks for your son's service. If you have communication with him be sure to tell him all the Farm Girls say thanks and heal quickly. I can only imagine the agony you are in not being able to be with him as he heals. But I'm so grateful the phone call was "Hey mom I got shot but I'm going to be fine" instead of a stranger on the other side.

Kathleen - I hate confrontation too. Why can't people just do a good job the first time?

Well I went and did it. I vacuumed/swept the floors and then washed them and today my back is MAD. I didn't even get everything done because my back told me to quit and I was a good little girl and obeyed it. And yet this morning, I'm paying for it. It will always amaze me how I can stack hay bales and not be as crippled as if I vacuum/wash the floors or hoe the garden. That pulling motion is what gets me. Today could be a slow day..... although I'm hoping to grind some of my sprouted grain and do more baking today.

Good news is my husband is having a BUMPER crop of potatoes as in probably one of the best this farm has ever seen and it is impressing the dickens out of the farm manager and owner. Good chance he'll be getting a raise/bonus all that good stuff. He's definately proved himself and they are very pleased. I, of course, knew he would. My hubby is a farmer supreme. Just glad they recognize it now too and give him the praise he is due. He works so hard and does such a good job. The amazing part is this was a crummy year weather wise and he's still getting this kind of crop, imagine on a good year. So proud of him.

Well my baby girl just woke up so we're going to spend some time on the couch snuggling and reading stories. Have a wonderful day!

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  09:29:50 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, let Matthew know that we all are praying and thinking of him and we do appreciate his service. May His peace envelope you as I know how hard it is to be away when someone you love so much is in need of loving care.

Penny, Great pix.

Bunny, how is it going for you? Glad the grumpus decided to pay you.

Peg, thats a good one. I am just trying to remember to take my vitamins. I have a real problem with that sort of thing.

Pam, I have a door draft sealer that I made and I stuffed it liberally with batting, It does help and I don’t have to worry about critters putting holes in it and stuff all over the floor.

Kathleen I have been watching Homes on Homes for a while and it amazing the stuff that contractors do or rather don’t do. But get on him now before he finished the job and get on you for non-payment. I have seen a lot of that on Homes.

Kim I hear you on the pulling motion thing. I once threw out my back with a wet swiffer sweeper. Needless to say I am not doing that again.

Its off to town to pay bills and see what might be new at the thrift store. But I will leave a box of maple bars on the porch. Hugs

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  10:06:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Pretty boring around here. I have had no energy to do anything. Lots of reading and just vegging. Mom should be coming home today. She had some strange infection that they hadn't seen before so kept her until they could figure it out. I"m looking forward to school on Monday. I think it will finally make me think I'm doing something worthwhile.

Tammy, I'm so sorry you had to get a phone call like that. I would have been sick. Along with everyone else, I appreciate his sacrifice along with yours as a mother. Everyone in the family of a soldier makes a sacrifice when they go away.

Anyway, off to the basement for sewing. I signed up for a craft fair in November. I better get to work!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  12:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Is it just me or should an agreed upon work of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. actually consists of working 8-5?

The contractor left 15 minutes ago (3:20 p.m.) and won't be back until Monday, by the time he arrived this morning and unloaded his truck to actually pick up a hammer it was after 10 o'clock. I am glad Nick will be here on Monday to set this guy straight.

On the other hand, I did confront him when he finally arrived this morning and they stripped down all the siding they had put up yesterday and redid adding the insulation and tyvek, and they ran the new siding all the way up to the eaves, not just half-way. This was the "up" side of today.
The down-side came when I did my walk through after they had gone. The old wall which had to be removed inside to expand the kitchen was gone, mostly, however, it is a supporting wall and he did not put a brace to support the beam! I can hear Nick now when he comes home and sees that .... oh my.... Speaking of my man he is just coming up the road now.....

Talk to you all later. Have a good weekend!

{{{hugs}}}

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  2:45:12 PM  Show Profile
Kathleen...I am with you...when people contract for a certain time they should stick to it. Aggrivating! Hoping you are keeping track and NOT paying them for the hours they aren't working. ~ I am also glad that you are having them re-do their work to make it right.

Darlys...I am sure you are already headed for Oakhurst if not already there by now. Have a fun weekend girl!
I live vicariously through your little weekend get away...sounds so delightful! Next week is my 4 days at the Beach on the Oregon Coast and I can't wait!!! I love the Ocean!

Bunny...I am so excited to see what you think about School come Monday! It will make you feel like you are actually doing something to further your moving forward with your life. You Go Girl!!!

Kimberly...hope your back eases up over the weekend. Sounds like you need to Declare it a Princess weekend and just RELAX and have some healing time. Stay in your Jammies and pamper yourself.

Cherime...I am with you girl...I hate taking pills period. I don't care if it's viamins or perscription. I am not a pill popper. Would totally go with out any of them if I could get away with it. I never took any regular perscription drugs until I turned 50 and it has been a downward spiral ever since. That is when my body started falling apart. Without my permission I might add! LOL

I kept the car this morning...dropped hubby off at work and I went and had some Retail Therapy. Went to JoAnne's, went to Ross, went to $ Tree, went to Barnes and Noble. Bought some thing at each store and just
had a fun "Me" time. Hubby told me to get some rest this afternoon and that we would go grocery shopping after he got off work. Sounds good...we need everything! When we go grocery shopping we each take a cart and head to opposite ends of the store and when we come back together to go through the check-out line, 99% of the time we have not duplicated one item. It is so funny! Cracks me up!

OK girls, guess I better be taken that nap now.
Cherrio,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 23 2011 2:46:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  4:49:03 PM  Show Profile
Peg you are one brave woman. Everytime I take my husband grocery shopping we spend a lot of money!!! I love having his help but it is cheaper to go by myself, he buys non essentials/unhealthy/don't need/but oh so yummy things. :)

Way to go Kathleen!

So I've got my doughs fermenting. Gonna try this and see how it works. Tomorrow afternoon I'll be baking up a storm. Sure hope this stuff turns out good because it's supposed to be so much better for you.

I was planning on taking my children to Sacajawea Heritage Days tomorrow. It sounds so cool and educational. Maybe I'll still try but my truck is acting up and I don't really need to be stranded somewhere either...... I'll ask hubby tonight to see if he thinks it's a good idea. Ah for the days of horse and buggy.... but then it wouldn't be an option because it's to far away!!!

Have a great weekend ladies. Maybe tomorrow night I'll have some Yoghurt Herb Bread to leave on the porch. :)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  5:23:07 PM  Show Profile
....Oh Ya, I have one of those backs that goes out more than I do too. I hate that. Everytime I sweep the house I pay dearly for it the next day. It's awful. And if I just happen to do laundry on the same day....count me out of the equation for 2 days(here's me walking a straight line...but my bod is twisted like a pretzel). Are we getting old or what? ....nawwwwwww.....LOL
Kathleen, I'm so sorry that you have to be the meany to your contractor.....but "Sick'em girl!" hahaha Straighten him out!I hate it when they try to cheat people!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page