Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  7:52:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello porcchies,
I hope you had a lovely day. It was lovely weather here. Fall is making a small appearance. We were down to 49 degrees last night.

Peggy~Happy Anniversary hope you had a grand day and stay cool my friend

Julie~Praying for you dear one. Glad you have a plan of action.

Judy~you crack me up...I will be turning 46 soon and I hope when I am past 50 I look that life change as you do.

Em~are you in school yet. Keepig you in prayer as you begin

Well ladies, I going to read a bit before bed. Trying to get back into routine after holiday with my little butterflies. We have decided we will be a day behind all week.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  8:23:13 PM  Show Profile
Happy Anniversary Peggy&Hubby! Hope you have many, many more!!!
It's late, no time to chat!11:30 here!
Nite All!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  8:44:44 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, happy anniversary! Nice to have that someone to spend it with.

Julie, so glad things are looking up with the fire. It is truly wonderful how neighbors step up to help when faced with disaster. Glad people are taking care of the animals.

Pam, vacations can be so much work. Sometimes the cleaning up after takes more time than the getting ready before. Hopefully life will get back to normal soon.

Darlys, I think there are quite a few ladies that would like to tuck into your bag for Maui. Especially the ones dealing with the weather issues back east.

I have been so lazy lately. Not much ambition for doing anything but reading and sleeping. Going to have to get off my duff pretty soon and get back so my basement sewing room. I guess I needed to shut down for a while. Mom's surgery is Thursday so I'll be home and needing to keep busy for a while. I start school the end of the month. I can't wait to get back on a schedule of sorts again.

I finally broke down and read The Help and then a friend took me to see the movie. I loved it of course.

Anyway, almost time for bed. I found a book for my kindle for free and another for .99. What a deal! I know having a book in your hands has it's advantages. But I'm loving my kindle!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  10:56:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies! It's super late here. 1:15am!

I can't sleep, so I thought I'd sit on the porch for a while.

Havin MIL drama here agian. Same power struggle b.s. as last time. Some people just don't get that they are not in charge of every person they know. She ticked off some of my family this time showin here butt at the cookout sunday.

We spent the the day monday on the bike. We went to North Vernon for a town wide yard sale they do on labor day weekend. It was fun! I got a huge bag of cloth napkins and tea towels for $3! I picked up a new scarf, red, white and blue, for tiein my hair back on fourth of july. Then I found a lady sellin books! She had four tables covered with them and boxes under them overflowin with more. I was there the rest of the time while everyone else walked around the town. There was 10 of us ridin together. It was a much needed day away.

Tonight sucked. We had to have it out with MIL and spend some time with family she hurt feelins of tryin to fix stuff. Probably why I can't sleep.

Peggy...Happy Anniversary!!! Ours tends to get lost alot too. We chose halloween night for our wedding. Seemed like a good idea before all the kids came along! LOL!

Pam... I'm very housework illiterate, as Hubby calls it. I don't let things get 'dirty' or dishes get 'moldy' or anything. I just tend to see a cluttered room as lived in, not messy. I figure 'function before form' when it comes to pretty much anything. If I wanted to live in a museum I'd move to the the Louvre! Although I think the Mutter Museum might be more my style!LOL!

Darlys... My family loves Sockaroni sauce! We put it on chicken and rice too! We also love his chunky sauce. It's barely more than a jar of veges, but so yummy.

I'm feelin a little hungry and those leftover beans from the cookout are needin to be eaten up anyway. I think I'll have a bowl and watch somethin silly on netflix like Buffy or Xena.

Oh! By the way! Hubby found a new release movie on there called Forks Over Knives. It was amazing and finally reached him about nutrician! I was so happy to see him really gettin into it and graspin the concepts of whole foods/slow foods/vitamins and stuff. He watched it twice in a row with me and was almost babblin about the info they were presentin. He had me go through and put all the food documentaries on the instant cue and he wants to go through them all. He said he couldn't give up meat like the people on the show did, but cuttin down and gettin the healthiest meats were a total go!! Yea!!

I've been so worried about him with his families HUGE list of heart problems, diabetes, and overall poor health. He was startin to honestly act like he was way older than he should. He's only 36 and he can't hardly do anything after work and his weight is gettin pretty high. I don't mind the weight thing from a visual standpoint, but from a health one, I was worried.

I'm pretty hyped up about gettin into a healthier diet with some real backup for it. He's actually gettin a little excited about the indoor gardenin this winter and wants to see my plans and ideas for the outside greenhouse and the root cellar. I'm really likin this movie!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  12:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Porchies...it is late and still HOT and I am tired but just had to jump on for a minute
or two.

Angela...yeah for hubby! That is great when both adults can be on the same page about food and diet!
Easier to get the whole family eating that way. ~ Sorry about the MIL issues again. I feel so blessed
that I had the dearest MIL's ever!

Bunny...hey girl, you know what they say about all work and no play. You need those times. So enjoy and don't feel guilty! I am glad that you like your Kindle too. I absolutely love mine. I have the newest one and it is so light weight...a true blessing for my arthritic hands. And I love the fact that it takes up no amount of space in my purse. I carry it everywhere with me. I even have several Bibles downloaded on it and a couple of my favorite bible commentaries. It is the best gift my hubby ever gave me! Plus I was able to get rid of three entire bookshelves of books. Both my husband and I each had our own Library of books when we got married. And with every move...we whittled those Libraries down. Now I have journals and bibles
and that is all...left on my one book shelf and the rest is crafts on there.

Judy...glad you hopped on for a second and said good night! :+) Night John Boy....

My computer...just decided to POST on it's own too. Grrr! Do you girls know that you can go on to edit...and then keep right on typing your post...with out having to jump on to a whole new post????

Well, maybe I will just say good night too. My brain feels pretty fried from the heat. DH and I had a nice Anniversary dinner out and then we went to Yogurt To Go for dessert. I liked dessert even better!
I told him that after 26 yrs...he's a Keeper.

Night Girls. Night...Elizabeth... hee hee

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 07 2011 1:03:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  07:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
First thing....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PEGGY!!!! sorry I'm late...It took me a few to find my Mr. Right too..

Bunny, sorry to hear you might not have free time...maybe your Mom will change her mind and go anyway. Prayers for your Mom on her surgery

Staci, hope the rain gets through soon...so DH can get back to work.

Julie, it is so good to hear that the firemen are getting some control. Last night was watching it on the news and telling DH about you and others that are close to it. Asked him to include you and everyone there in his prayers. He said to tell you he will...such a sweet man he is... I really need to look at the badges page alittle more. Really do want to do some of them, but I'm alittle confused by it all.

Got to save this before my kitty deletes it..ok got it saved, there are times that she just has to get up on my lap rub all over my face...but she has been know to walk on my keyboard...then poof its gone...her is one of my favorite pics of her.

Darlys, I'm there, just tell me when and where...I will even loose some weight for this one...lmbo...it sounds like ya'll had a great game night, sorry ya'll lost. But at least you still went shopping on Amazon. Glad to hear you got "The Help" I'm into it somewhere around the 6th Chapter, I try and read at least a full chapter when I sit down. I have enjoyed it so far. Lasagna, yummy, I can't wait to hear about your trip...so remind me when you are going?

Wow, Pam, you sound like you have been so busy. I have finally decided things will get done when they get done...lol...I guess I need Flylady too...I do look at her stuff but don't follow it...lol..

Tammy, we are getting cooler weather too....it is so nice.

Judy, I would love a kindle...it's on my wish list...but got to wait for the real estate business to do better. Maybe next year...

Angela, isn't riding with a group so much fun...we do it every now and then but don't get to go as often as we like, since we live kind of far from the ones we ride with. Glad you had fun and boy do I understand ending up at the book tables, that's me....I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this again with you MIL...makes family get together's rough, I understand, we have one coming up at the end of the month that I'm not looking forward too. My DH, stepmother, well that would take all day to explain...but to keep it short...we have a lot of problems with...it has alot to do with business..cause the real estate company is owned 50% by my DH, 25% by her and 25% by FIL...she wants to run things...now she thinks we should "take care of my FIL"...like I said long story. But so it makes alittle more since...She is money hungry, she divorced my FIL a few years back so she could collect more SS from her Ex husbands benefits and so that she could do a reverse mortgage on a house she owned....but they still live together...now isn't that something for a 67 yr old and a 81 yr old. Enough said for now I guess. I'm glad to hear DH is going to eat better, makes things easier to not have to worry so much about his health...

Yesterday was going to make a cake for my friends birthday dinner tonight but decided on a cobbler instead...so guess I need to get to it....meeting them in Augusta and hour away at 5 today......

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  08:15:18 AM  Show Profile
Stopping in earlier today. I will clean my house today. I will clean my house today. Just wanted to put in a link that shows an amazing photo of the big fire.

http://deannaroy.com/2011/09/surrounded-by-central-texas-wildfires/

Now, unfortunately, the fire is still at 0% containment and the U.S. Forest Service has stepped in, taken control, and turned away volunteers. All because it has to go by regulations. Regulations also require the special plane to sit grounded for 3 days of rest before being used. I understand that there needs to be order and a central command. I know the forest service groups are trained specifically for this. I also think this approach is going to cost us more homes and possibly lives lost having to wade through the red tape.

Hope you ladies have a great day. I'm going to go get busy on cleaning.

Julie

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  08:32:28 AM  Show Profile
FD sorry to hear that. Praying that all will come right and the fire be put down.
Wow ladies lots of things happening over the last weekend.
Peg glad you have a great anniversary day.
Bunny I worked myself into a really close to exhaustion state and now am having to take it a bit slower to rest up. Too bad about your mom. Hopefully she will change her mind. I would have loved to have my Mom around when I married Allan.
But I have new lino in the bathroom to cover the old OSB, redid the water line, put in my new sink cabinet and covered over that wall so I no longer have to look at plastic over insulation. All stained and finished. It look soooo much better that I could not put that paste board medicine cabinet back on the wall. I will see about making another one this week end with a bit more class that that nonsense.
Penny what a good picture. Cute kitty. After 6 years I am just getting one of my boys to understand that cats get petted more when they hang out in laps.
Judy, I want but I don't want a Kindle. I like being able to pass a good book along and I like turning the pages and yep, whatever I have to hand for a book mark.
Blessing all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  09:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Julie, more prayers going up for you and everyone near the fires...that was a good article. Don't you just hate red tape, sometimes it causes many more problems than solutions. Please stay safe.

My Macey is a rotten kitty. She is pretty vocal and let's you know when she wants something. DH goes to bed before me...but then again he is up before me too...when it gets around 9:30 she starts walking all over him telling him it's time to go to bed, if he doesn't listen she curls up beside him for a bit...but it is so funny when 10 hits she is up again, meowing and getting in his face...he usually is in bed between 9-10. When he gets in bed she curls up beside him and they both go to sleep till I go to bed...then she curls up next to me or if I'm on my back she sleeps on my tummy...goodness, I love that cat..lol

I just got the cobbler out of the oven, made two, one for the birthday girl and one to share with ya'll and DH...he already had his...lol...he waits for no-one when it comes to his sweets...enjoy ladies.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  10:21:29 AM  Show Profile
Penny - thanks for the cobbler - yummy.
Julie - hoping that things will turn for the better.

Just saw on-line that a bunch of school districts here (including ours) are closing early due to flooding roadways. It's been raining since Monday night and is expected to continue into Friday at least. We're already getting water in our basement and we live on a ridge, there is just too much water in the ground already. So... too much here and none in TX. Ladies, please pray for both situations. I'm feeling blessed to be dealing with the water and not the fire. I just know silly people always try to drive through standing water and it is so dangerous. At this rate, my DD won't be going to school the rest of the week. I guess she can keep her Daddy company at home since he is there, too.

Well, time's up for me, just wanted to check in. love y'all!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Sep 07 2011 10:22:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  10:49:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Staci -

We're getting flooding here too now - the ground just can't handle any more. I sure wish we could ship some to Texas!

I talked to my Mom in Vermont, though, and it is so very much worse there that I feel grateful that all we have is water in the cellar.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  10:54:18 AM  Show Profile
That is so true Luanne! I hope your mom is safe. I know we'll dry out eventually. Just hoping the basement walls hold.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile
WOW my Porchies...

Stacie and Luanne... praying for you guys to dry out. I watched some incredible pictures of the damage done by Irene and Lee. Amazing but so scary!

Julie...I checked out that picture you posted about. Watched that fire on the News last night along with the three in our general area. We are only getting the heat and smoke from it. Political red tape with be
the death of us all...in more ways the one. When it becomes more important to jump through government hoops than actually saving lives and rescuing people, pets and homes....something is very wrong! Oh, don't get me off on that pulpit farmgirl...

Penny...Macey looks very adorable up on that deer head. I see she isn't afraid of heights. lol What would we do with out our animals to keep us so amuzed??? They are God's special gifts to us huh?

Cherime...you did great girl, getting all that accomplished. Don't make yourself sick doing it though. Take it easy...it's not going anywhere, it will wait for you.

Bunny...I got off on the Kindle thing last night and I forgot to mention that I am praying that your mom
will change her mind and go visit your sister so that you get a break from her and one on one time with your son.

Ok girls, I need to go prepare the questions for my Bible Study Group tomorrow night. It is really Hot out and so I am staying in my AC Apartment and relaxen in the Word. I already made my quick trip to the store and back. Wanted to do some more pulling vines in the garden but will wait for tonight.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 07 2011 1:25:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  2:28:54 PM  Show Profile
Leave for a little bit and so much happens! I just can't keep up with all you ladies. :)

Got my exercise today. Had my hay delivered and the man that delivered it and I unloaded and stacked it all. Whew! Each bale was about 70 lbs. The funny part is we both have bad backs!!! He broke his years ago in a logging accident and I have a protruding disc thanks to Mr. Drunkdriver. So we two cripples unloaded and stacked tons of hay!! He was a really nice man and it was fun working with and visiting with him. He now knows everything about our place because my five year old is a talker. :)

I've been canning and freezing, trying to keep up with the housework, teaching the children school, doing all the normal animal chores.... nothing special, nothing extraordinary but always busy. Tomorrow we go in to have the staples removed from my husbands scalp. It's healed beautifully. I'm looking forward to having it checked on though. Did I mention I'm a worry wort??? :) We did have a lovely family day this weekend. Husband actually had a day off of work. Miracle I know. But we went swimming, to a playground and out for supper. Great day. Happy children. And best of all, tired children; they passed out before we could get home!!! We had a funny time at the restaurant. First our daughter spilled her orange juice all over me. So I was sticky and sweet! Than the waiter and waitress ran into each other and spilled drinks all over my husband!!! Thankfully none of it got on his injury. But we all had a really good laugh over it.

Well, should go put some beans in the freezer. Lovely chatting with you all on the Porch. Stay cool and safe. *HUGS*

I just ordered some books from christianbook.com so after supper every evening we can have family devotions. This is something I really want the children remembering about their childhood, that we as a family studied God's Word together every day. Hubby and I have started doing devotions together every night before going to sleep. It's such a blessing. I highly recommend it.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  2:31:22 PM  Show Profile
That's strange. The computer switched things around in my prior post. Weird.

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  6:20:06 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pegsmiles

7 Signs you're having a Hot Flash

1. Your iced tea just started to boil.
2. Your husband says you look “steamed.”
3. The lifeguard called you “one hot mama” - but he meant it literally.
4. The dial on your AC reads, “High as it goes, Lady.”
5. Fire alarms go off whenever you enter a room.
6. Is that smell your eyebrows burning?
7. You're considering taking up permanent residence in your freezer.

Very funny post Peg!

We had some excitement of the scary kind on labor day.
A semi truck with 22 large round bales of hay caught fire and stopped yards away from our gate! It went up so fast, but thankfully my hero hubby had a 300 gallon tank of water with a pump ready to go! That kept the fire contained until the volunteer fire dept. showed up more than a 1/2 hour later. The fire starting on the grass was handled with shovels and mudflaps. I have never been happier to see fire trucks roll up and take over!

Something about fire fighters turns me on Rwwoar!
I promise I won't cause fires just to get those hotties out to my house.

Of course I had to shower my hero hubby with lots of adoration and TLC!
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  6:29:49 PM  Show Profile
I think it would be good to say a prayer for America's firefighters who selflessly risk their lives to serve us! May the Lord protect them and guide their actions.
May God also draw near to all who have suffered loss due to fires, and may he protect those who are currently in harm's way.

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  6:32:21 PM  Show Profile
Tracy - Fire = Scary!!! So glad your husband kept it under control until the firefighters got there. My husband happens to be a volunteer fire fighter Rwwoar!!! :P

Okay ladies I have to share this. I'm just bubbling excited and so proud. My three year old daughter picked up one of her brother's beginning readers from his school work last year and started reading it!!!!! I realize this doesn't make her Einstein but it's still SO exciting. My three year old is reading and we haven't even got to that part of her school work yet. I can see she is going to fly through her K4 and march on in to K5 with ease. I love having children that learn easily, it makes my job so much easier. In the Children's Church the teacher on Sunday informed me that my children had very intelligent answers to the questions. Of course they were doing Creation which my children have studied in their school work so they kind of had a head start. Ask my children what happened on each of the seven days and they can rattle off the answers. I drill them. :) I'm a proud momma today. First my son impresses the hay delivery man with his behaviour, helpfulness, attitude, obedience etc and then my daughter starts reading. I guess we get these good days to make up for all the others that we struggle through.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  8:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Staci, so glad you enjoyed the cobbler...I put up 13 qts. last week, gave one away and used 2 more to make the cobblers, at this rate I won't have any for the winter time..oh well...lol Praying that you will dry out...and that Tx will get some much needed rain.

Luanne, praying that you dry out soon too.

Peggy, Last week we were in the high 90's and tonight it is already 60 and expected to be 58 by morning...something how funny this weather is.

Kimberly, I know what you mean, things happen so quickly here on the porch. Sounds like your Supper was an experience...lol....oh I know you are a very PROUD Momma....so proud of you 3 year old....she is learning while your son is and know one knew it...you must be a very good teacher. I love the things you and your husband are doing and the things with the kids...daily devotionals as a family is awesome. I love hearing about your little ones...and what they have learned, and most of all their behavior, helpfulness, attitude, obedience etc....you should be proud.

Wow Tracy, you have your very own hero...way to go Tracy's hubby, way to go..Now take it easy girl...we wouldn't want you to heat up by being turned on and start a fire in your yard...mmmmmm...well maybe that might not be a bad thing...ok, sorry, i'll try and behave...not...

Had a great supper with my friend and her hubby for her birthday, she loved her cobbler and bag I made her. I included an irish knot and a jar of my pears with the (pear) peach cobbler recipe...she loved it...
I had the best time and then DH took me to JoAnn's Fabrics...I can't tell you the last time I was in a fabric store...oh my I had a blast...bought so many things it wasn't funny, when we are lucky enough to have a closing DH gives me $100...and I have had this one tucked away for the last 6+ months...so I got to spend it tonight...I was like a kid in the candy store. I signed up for the swap about Pillowcases for rescued girls and so I bought the fabric for that tonight along with alot of craft stuff...so exciting...

Well, I'm going to read some of the other forums....I'm behind since I've been gone since 330....check back in before I head to bed....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  9:16:05 PM  Show Profile
Penny - actually I did know she was learning with him because she would sit in on his work all last year and so this year she already knows all the K4 stuff and basically all she really has to work on is the writing. She doesn't have the motor skills he does and so her manuscript and cursive are not very good. So that's what we work on mostly. But I most admit although I've seen her sounding out parts of words before while teaching her brother, I was shocked when she just started reading!!! She's a smart little cookie. Obviously, her reading isn't perfect and she's not ready to read War & Peace but it was pretty spectacular and it impressed my husband. :) The first four years of my son's life about killed me. He was a tough cookie to mother. But it's paying off because now when I go to public places the workers there and the customers tell me how well behaved my children are. One lady even said it was a pleasure to be in the same restaurant as them!!! My children are NOT angels and I'm NOT a perfect mother but I am a mother doing my best and sticking to it and it's paying off. And these compliments that we receive now warm my heart and make all the tears I cried those four years worth it. Sounds like you had a blast at JoAnn's. Good for you!!!! Make sure you post pictures of all your creations.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  12:36:48 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...God gives us those sneak peaks into our childrens good manners, intellect and charm, to keep them alive the rest of the time when they are being naughty to each other and not showing common sense let alone good sense. I raised three boys and I thank God for each one of those glimpses that a Mother's heart really needs...to keep her going on those tough days.

There is Nothing like a man in a uniform...be it firefighter, policeman, military, you name it...they usually look very good! You should see all the OLD women drool here at our Senior Estates every time the Paramedics or Fire Department is called here. It is almost obscene!!! ROFLOL And they don't care if somebody just died or is carried off in the ambulance...they just want to see those good looken men! LOL

Well, my very first Mother-In-Love passed away today. But I am not sad...I am very much at Peace...I am glad God answered my prayers and took her home to be with him. She has been ready to go home for the past two years and I think Jesus probably got a chewing out today when she got there. About a year ago she told me to quit praying that God would heal her...because she was ready to go home. She was a bit perturbed about it too. We have remained very close all these many years. She has been more of a nurturing Mother to me than my own mom. She was a lady with a lot of spunk and spirit and a zest for living...and enjoying life like I have never seen in anyone before. She was a hoot. Always have us in stitches with her shananigans.
She will be lovingly missed and I am a better woman from having had her in my life for the past 42 yrs (since I was 18 years old). What A Lady...they don't come any finer than her.

Well, I am tired...a bit of an emotional day. So, I will just say good night and pleasant dreams.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  06:04:48 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - Sorry for your loss. Even if she was ready it doesn't take away the pain of your loss. What a blessing to have had such a MIL in your life. I agree, I think God gives us these little moments of glory so that we can keep up the good work in raising, guiding, teaching our children. I'm so thankful for them!! Some days I start to think I've failed, they are hooligans and I've failed. And then I'm given a blessing and realize that they're just human the same as me. :) Sometimes to much like me!

Today is the day! Hubby gets his staples out this morning. I've been checking the wound every day and it appears to be in great shape. This morning we find out if the doctors agree. :) So thankful for the healing and protection from worse harm. Off to do all the chores so I can be ready and have the children ready when he gets home.

Have a blessed day Porch Sisters.

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  06:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Peg. Rest and regroup Peg. Prayers, hugs and blessings dear.
Tracy how scary that must have been. Thank God that your DH had the tank and pump ready to go.

On the TX fires and rain. My niece is down there with her boyfriend. She said the lake near them is so low it is full of algae and is closed such as it is. Cattle are dying off at record rates and feed has increased by at least a $1.00 a bag. The big problem is that there is nothing coming in to make up more feed. The basic essentials are in real short supply. And then Luanne and Staci are being rained out. Very odd weather we are having now.

Penny my kitty boys are brats but fun ones and keep me entertained. When I first got running water one of them, Kao would sit in the sink bowl and bat at the running water. I got a real kick out of that one.

Kim, my Dad taught me to read from the Sunday funnies when I was a kid and that skill has always served me well. If I couldn’t read and understand what I was reading I would have never figured out how to do some of the stuff I have to do now. The main reason I am pushing so hard to get all done is the inexorable march of the seasons. Some things I just must get done now or nothing will happen until next spring.

Blessings all. I am off to the vet with the dog this am for a nail clipping and tooth cleaning. Doing for the dog what I don’t do for me. Funny that one. But I sincerely do not care for dentists.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  06:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly, I hope I didn't speak out of turn, If I did I'm sorry, I really meant everything I said as a compliment to you...I love hearing about your little ones. So glad your DH gets the staples out today...hoorah...

Peggy, Sorry for your loss...I understand the feelings that you had for you first MIL, I have the same for my last one. She is the sweetest ever. It is such a blessing to have people like that in our lives.

I need to spill my heart abit this morning. My oldest brother died August 2010. And my sister and I tried to call all our extended family in Louisiana. Now mind you, my Momma's half sisters (3) were not a big part of our family, big age different between them and Momma. Anyway, we called everyone we had numbers for and called my Aunt Penny (Momma's older sister) but couldn't find #'s for the half sisters. I did find an email for one of them in my brother's computer in Nov. I wrote Pam which I knew...oh this sounds so confusing doesn't it....let me say this. when Momma died in Feb 06, and in Jun 06 my brother and I took a motorcycle trip to LA to see the family, Saw one of her half sister (Pam). So my brother had her number and email but I didn't...now back to the story. After finding her email I sent her an email to make sure she had heard about his death. Well she wrote me back last night and said her OTHER HALF SISTER didn't call and tell them...I really hated to tell her that way...for some reason I am so bothered by it. I had spoke to my Aunt Penny and asked her to call and tell them and she didn't (they aren't close either, another long story)....well not to long I guess...My Uncle by marriage(Aunt Penny's husband) his sister married my grandfather...which produced my 3 half aunts(Momma's half sisters)...

I just reread the above and am laughing at myself for how it sounds...Anyway, I had a restless night thinking about how I would feel finding out about one of my relatives death in an email. That is really all I wanted to say but guess I felt you needed the background info to understand...sometimes I really to talk to much...dang. Ok, just to warn everyone going to copy and post some of this in our 50's group so just skip over it if ya see it....I will check in later.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  08:08:23 AM  Show Profile
Penny! Gracious girl I didn't take offense to anything you wrote! I hope I didn't type anything that made me sound angry. I took everything you said as a compliment so no worries. :) That's the trouble with emails/chats etc there's no facial expressions and no tone of voice to help.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page