Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  09:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Angela - sorry to hear you're stranded. I think a lot of us are going through the same thing. We've been making do for so long with things like vehicles that they're breaking down now. Df went to replace his leaking radiator this weekend to discover that his water pump is leaking too. He doesn't have the equipment needed to take everything off to get to the water pump so now we have to take it in. This was on top of our air conditioner breaking. Believe me, I know it feels like it's neverending. To put a positive spin on it, think how much your saving on gas! Hopefully after your nap you'll be able to look at it refreshed.

Meagan - congrats on the 5K. The CPT I work with is a marathon runner, actually both he and his wife are. Since he became the CPT here our soldiers are running in a lot more marathons.

Bunny - I'm envying your sewing machine time. I have been wanting to sit down with mine and have a sewing session and just can't seem to find the time.

Welcome to all the new porchies!

We had an incident yesterday that I'm still not sure about. I did several loads of laundry and put them out on the line to dry. I put the last load on the line about 3:30 so when we decided to go out to eat at 6:30 I figured it would be fine to leave everything on the line and give it a bit of extra time since it's been humid. Came home and the clothesbasket that I'd left outside was turned upside down and my bag with my clothespins was on the ground. Why somebody would have gone into our fenced yard and messed with my laundry stuff boggles me. My first thought was it was probably a young kid you'd turned the basket over to climb on it to reach the line but who knows. My son thought maybe the wind had flipped it and knocked the bag down but there was no wind yesterday and the bag was a good 6' from the line it had been hanging on and would have dropped straight down with the weight of the pins still it the bag. I'd planned to hang out my sheets this morning before I left for work but obviously I can't leave anything out if we're not home. It's not like I have designer clothes to steal either. It's a bit disconcerting to say the least.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  09:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow I guess I waited to long to get back to the porch....so many post to read and enjoy. I think I will just give a great big group hello and hope everyone is doing well...now to post the good stuff

RFM Tammy, I just love the pic of the pup...so cute. The celtic games sounds like fun...good luck with the puppy. Let us know how he does..

Elaine, I would love to have neighbors like that.. Ours aren't close but I guess I can't complain because I love my life in the country...but every now and then it would be nice. Sounds like you had a great time.

Bunny, wow that quilt sounds like it will be alot of work but I can tell by your post that you really enjoy doing things like that. Good luck with it. I have never been very good at quilting, I started one years and years ago and never finished it...but that was in my younger years...maybe now I will try again. Also sounds like you are a busy woman and really love what you do. Good luck on the house. I sure would like to see that book if you write it...it will be great I'm sure. Sounds great that you are going back to school, I'm sure you will catch up fast.

Peggy, Oh I bet you did have a great time with the grands...sounds like so much fun. Aren't they the best thing ever? I love the pics you posted, what beauties. and the aprons are cute too

Chermine, I hate to hear about the job problems. Good luck. Don't you just hate it when the grands are so farm away. Mine are growing up so fast. I have a 12 yr that is my biological and a 15 that is from the marriage. But I love them the same. My grandsons still love to come see Grandma...lol..I wonder what age that will change. I just wish my 12 yr Mom would let me have him for a week. He loves the farm, but she hasn't yet. Last year there was no reason she shouldn't but this year I have to give her a break since he is practicing with his middle school Football team.. I can't wait to go see that boy play. My oldest grand isn't in to sports but I love visiting him and when I do he ask me to give him cooking lessons. I taught both my boys to cook and I'm enjoying teaching both my grandsons. Oh I love the baby blanket. I have a friend who is having a baby and would like to do something special for her...you gave me a great idea. I am far from be a seamstress but I do enjoy sewing, my Momma was an expert at sewing...dang I really miss her...some days I would love to just be able to pick her brain for help or for that matter anything else.

Tammy, It was the hardest thing for me when my boys left home. I know you miss them and the quietness is deafening at first. It is great that they have a great work ethic at this age. Oh and thanks for the banana cake..

Angela, I am so sorry to hear about you vehicle trouble. I am glad to hear you got the truck running. Good luck with the car too. But it does sound like ya'll had a great time on the bike. My DH and I both ride motorcycles it just has been way to hot to ride here. Take care of that sunburn...do you have an aloe plant that works good or natural vit. E capsule opened and put on it. But it has to be the natural E not the man made kind.

Judy, I have never made pesto but sure would like to try it one day. What did you use to make it?

Farmdream, take care of that leg, hope it gets better soon

Tracy, I can't wait to see the pics, I don't know what an alpine flower is...lol..guess I could look it up on the web but I think I want to be surprised and wait for you pics. :)

Mel, I am so sorry to hear that you don't get to see your grands. I thought it was tough not seeing mine often but not seeing them at all...bless you...but my your comment you are at peace knowing that they grew up well. It really has been hot all over the country. Here too...been over 100 many days...looks like we might have a little break today, only 98...lol

Megan, the pregnancy story...lol...good one...I will have to take the time to sit on the porch and tell it...maybe later today...It must be a blessing to be able to spend time with your Grandparents. I lost mine early. I only had my father's Mother and she died when I was 22 and she lived in Boston, and I was in SC . My Momma's mother died before I was born and her and her Dad weren't close..bad history.. so enjoy them and listen to their stories...I'm sure they have great ones. Oh I think there might be a merit badge in there somewhere. Think I saw one about interviewing an older family member. Have fun with them

I hope I didn't miss anyone but if I did please forgive me... :) :)...guess I got to come to the porch more often...I don't want to miss out on chatting with anyone...

Well I guess I need to run...I want to start my letter to my new penpal. I haven't had one of these since I was a kid and had a soldier in Vietnam ...I just want to say how much I enjoy my time here on the porch. I am so happy to find some kindred spirits. Enjoy your day ladies and I hope to see you later today.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Aug 01 2011 1:12:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  1:04:28 PM  Show Profile
Mel- We're burning up here, too. I do my best to go out in the garden or get things done in the early part of the day and pretty much have to stay inside during the afternoon. I took some laundry out and noticed my retired neighbor is outside building a shed, though. He does other yard work in the neighborhood and I guess he's used to it. I have a nice farmer tan from hanging out laundry this summer. I'm having to be very creative about recycling water and I had to reduce the size of my garden..that sucks. We're ready for fall.

Megan- your trip sounds like a lot of fun.

Peggy- My leg pain feels more like a pull or strained muscle. It starts just under my rear and if I walk too much it starts hurting behind my knee. Unfortunately my job is almost all walking and standing for 12 hours. I bought some new shoes for work that are supposed to give good support and alignment. I'm hoping having a good pair of shoes will help, too.

Cherime- I'm sorry about the vile rotten thief stealing your daughter's last gift. Some people feel so entitled to just take what they want. When my Granny died her best neighbor said she would stay home from the funeral and watch the house. Sure enough, some long lost relatives showed up and tried breaking in.

Tammy- That's so bizarre about the clothes. I mostly worry about deer eating mine. I don't have any clothes I would think would be worth stealing either. My philosophy is I don't want to have anything worth stealing and then if someone robs me I won't feel so bad. I noticed someone down the road had a cardboard box from a big tv sitting out with their trash. Talk about announcing to the whole world you have a brand new tv and please come rob the house. I cut the boxes up or reuse them.

When I went out today I stopped by the dive shop and picked up their information on classes. Sounds fun to swim around with all this heat but I still don't know about diving in the ocean...sharks..eek! We'll have to see if we can get a sitter to watch DD during class.

I stopped by DD's new school and got to meet her principal. I was finding out what time DD would get out of school so I could plan my work schedule. She's a very nice lady. DD is very excited to go to school and as long as she enjoys it I will let her stay in public school. I hope they have some fun field trips this year.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  1:38:13 PM  Show Profile

Here are the flowers I picked in the mountains yesterday.

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  1:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Whoa! sorry the above picture is soooooo big!
I uploaded it from my blog so I didn't think that it would load here as a poster sized monster!

You are all welcome to use this image as a desktop photo!

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Edited by - Bushel n Peck on Aug 01 2011 1:45:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  2:23:52 PM  Show Profile
Howdy my porchies,
It is so blazing hot here today. Worked in my classroom this morning. I can now see my desk. I can't do a thing until my desk is organized. In a bit we are getting ready to go to the lake with family and friends to cool off, laugh, and love. We always do that before school.

Peggy I just loved your sweet pictures and those aprons are just too darn cute.

Tracy~love the picture..Beautiful flowers

Elaine...I would love tea and chat and garden time with you. That would be an awesome thing.

Now I know I didn't have everyone down here in my post. but hubby says it is about laketime. But yall know I love you dearly.
Stay cool

love to yall
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  9:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Teacher Tammy, it was hot here today too!
Tracy, what pretty flowers!
Julie, I hope you're able to do that diving class! I always thought it'd be cool to do some kind of diving or something like that in the water.
Penny, I might have to look into that! Over the years for various school things I've 'interviewed' my family members, but it'd be cool to do an actual interview!
RFM Tammy, it's one of my dreams to do a marathon! They've done it on the Biggest Loser, and I think if they can do it, then surely I'll be able to do it someday!
Cherime, that's terrible! I hope your daughter gets her gift back.
Peggy, what cute pictures! Baby Naomi is adorable, and Madeline is so cute! And what cute aprons, too:) I'm really excited to see my grandparents. I'm the only grandchild on my Mom's side, but my two of my four uncles are engaged/married, so that may change very soon! I'll be sure to have fun with them!
Today was pretty good, despite the crazy humidity! I babysat my cousins, then after I came home and cleaned up, my Mom and I went to my cousin's little league game. They won in the semi-finals, and on Wednesday they'll play in the finals. I wish I could be there, but I won't be:( It was just exciting to watch it. And now I'm here! I hope everyone has blessed Tuesdays:-)
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  11:22:15 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening my Porchies...Well My Grand-daughter Hallie made it safely here today. She is a joy to have...and at the age that
she is so helpful. I told her when she came...I was going to give her cooking lessons...because her parents don't allow her to
use the stove or microwave etc. She is 11 almost 12. I had my boys cooking and doing their own laundry by then. I had 3 boys
and told them that this day and age they couldn't be gauranteed that if they married that their wives would know how to cook,
sew, clean or do the laundry or iron. I am glad to say that while they were single the could do it all and two of them now have
women who can cook, clean etc...but my sons can pull their weight with the chores too. ~ Anyway, today she learned to make
a Tuna Spread for sandwhiches. And at dinner she clean the broccoli and cooked it (with grandma tutoring) she also cleaned and
made baked potatos, grated cheese, and helped clean up after dinner. Grandpa and I raved over our stuffed baked potatoes and we
told her she should be very proud of herself. She said, "Iam...but then, I am learning from the best." Sweet girl! This is going
to be a very fun and productive week for her. The shame will be if her parents don't allow her to continue. ~ When I was in Seattle
my oldest son allowed Madeline (three)to get up to the counter and help him make waffles. It is nice to see my kids believe like I do
that kids are never too young to learn to help. Madeline also has the chore of feeding the two dogs every day and throwing the babies
diapers in the trash etc.

Tracy...your Mountain flowers in your blue canning jars are breath takingly beautiful! I loved the big picture!

Megan...you just enjoy yourself with your grandparents and take advantage of every opportunity to learn from them and share
your love and zest for living with them.

Madame Butterfly...nice to get some Laketime when the weather is so hot. When does school start for you?

Julie...I agree with you, diving sounds like fun in a lake or river but not so much in the Ocean. I would hate to see a
Shark or Sting Ray or Eel or something else that can kill you, staring back at me. I don't think so! I am a big chicken.

Penny...If I would have known how fun grandchildren are...I would have had them first! LOL

RFM Tammy...that is so weird about your laundry. That kind of gives you the creeps to think someone was in your inclosed
back yard doesn't it? Did they steal anything?

Cherime...that is so sad about your daughter and the last thing her dad gave her? Hopefully someone will return it...no
questions asked. How are you doing being the executor of his will? I am sure it is a lot of work that you hadn't planned
on but it does show how much he respected your ability to do so.

Well...it is about time for my tea and reading. Leaving you some Sweet Tea on The Porch and a big pan of cold water
to soak you hot and tired feet in. A little old fashion spa treatment!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  09:01:26 AM  Show Profile
Peg, his wife lost the will. She thinks it went out in the first load of stuff she threw out. Now she is going to need a probate attorney. And she may find herself the target of my oldest and his youngest. The mother of the youngest one pulled the life insurance policy for the kids scam that turned out to be her insurance policy so she has the funds to finance an all out war. Unfortunately she is in contact with my oldest daughter and they have been stirring the pot for a while. I am praying that they just back off and nothing comes of any of it.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  09:13:21 AM  Show Profile
What an awful mess Cherime. I was just telling DH last night that if he died I would have to keep it a secret until the benefits were paid and I would have to put the money in a trust or else his ex would sue, sue, sue till the cows came home to get every last cent. I would have no problem giving his DD her fair share but her mother would want it all and probably try to sue to have me continue paying child support. Some people are greedy beyond all reason. I hope your mess gets straightened out. I hope you're not drawn into the battle and can just let them fight it out. It's becoming quite obvious why he chose you to be executor.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  10:04:33 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...oh how convinient that the will just went missing! Mercy me...people's true colors come out when someone in the family dies.
I have seen it time and time again. People just get greedy and ugly. It is awful. Well hang in there my friend and try not to get
sucked into the war of the the greedy hearts.

Julie....it is even sad that you have to worry about your husbands ex...in case of his death. That is just so wrong. I tell my kids
and step kids all the time that there will be nothing for them to fight over...that their heritage is in The Lord, not in material
possessions; because we have non!

Well, I hope everyone has a beautiful day inspite of your individual circumstances...Our Joy is in The Lord!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 02 2011 10:06:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  6:06:00 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- that is the way it should be. Store up treasures in heaven not on Earth. It is pretty sad we have to be so careful and have these crazy plans for just-in-case something happens.

DD and I spent the afternoon running our booth at the farmer's market. Sold lots of soap today. It was soooo hot, though. I just took some Tylenol for a headache from the heat. The market is outside in a covered area but it feels like we're cooking out there sometimes.

I stepped outside my comfort zone and asked another vendor who lives close by me if she ever liked to go to the movies or do things in town. She got excited and said yes, that her husband didn't like to go to the movies. So we plan on going to some early ones once school starts and I have the day free. We also both love crocheting and have traded some patterns. She said when it's cooler we will have cocoa at her house and crochet. So I have listened very closely to advice I've gotten on here and another thread about homeschool socializing. I learned that I can find friends that may be a lot older or a lot younger than me and that's o.k. DH brought out that David and Jonathan in the Bible were 20 years apart in age.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening. I think Captain Kirk and Dr. Spock are going to help me with my blanket tonight. lol

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  6:30:25 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I learned a lot from my grandmother too. It's so good that you are passing on valuable skills to your lovely granddaughter!

Julie, good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone, I'm sure many blessings will come from your new friendship.

All farm girls, you are in my prayers! I pray that you will be blessed abundantly and that your trials will end; but if it be God's will that they continue, I pray that you will receive the Lord's love and grace to endure all your hardships.

Sleep well tonight sisters!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  7:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Peggy, it sounds like you are just like both my grandmas! I remember my Nana always letting me help stir and mix things, and my Grandma has always sit and watch her make dinner when I visit with her.
Cherime, that is a terrible situation! This seems very convienent for her... I hope things get better:)
Julie, sounds like a fun day!
Today I babysat, then we had a sports meeting at my school. School is less than 4 weeks away! I'm getting excited as each day passes:) I'm officially signed up for rugby, and I also got my reading book that I have to finish before school starts. Otherwise, a pretty ordinary day here! I hope everyone has beautiful Wednesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  8:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Megan so you are in school? Not going to ask your age but you must be young. So nice to see young people that enjoy this board and the farmgirl life.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  07:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies~ It has been busy around here. Yesterday I had an interview for a fourth grade teaching position. Education has always been in my heart. I don't miss the vice principal or principal thing but I sure do miss being in the classroom with the children. So, fingers crossed anda prayer to God, hopefully it will be good news. I probably won't hear anything until next week, at the earliest. After my interview I came home, changed, and picked up my DD and we drove to Forked River to a great quilting shop- Quilting Possibilities. We just love to wander and touch all the fabric. It is also great when they have a sale running (and they do have one or another all the time).

I also received an email from my local garden/specialty food/tea/just about everything store in Rumson. Because I had commented on the website about a favorite way to prepare corn on the cob(grilled) they had put my name in a drawing. I was suprised! Then they told me I had won a $50 gift certificate to the store. Now I was ecstactic! I wil go tomorrow with DD to pick it up. DH was thrilled beyond belief. I figure we will go Saturday or Sunday and buy all the fresh fruit and vegetables (and maybe a few cannolis) we can. Tat really made my day because I never win anything. God knew I needed that boost. Thank you God!

Today I just want to finish up some projects for swaps on MJF and get them packaged up to mail out. Tonight three girlfriends and I are meeting at the local diner(nothing better than a NJ diner) to have dinner. Early Bird special for us! I love it because we gab on and on and laugh and laugh! Thank you God for my friends!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I pray each and every day for all of you. Even if you don't have a need I pray for your peace of mind. Thank you God for all my MJF sisters!

Have a safe and blessed day!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  07:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Elaine,

First I would like to thank you for the prayers. I'm sure there are some of us that are in need of unspoken prayers. I really means alot to me to know that you keep us all in your prayers.

Good luck with the job. I sure hope you get it. Fourth grade, wow.

I sure wish I was close enough to a large town to be able to go to a quilt shop or fabric store. I am going to go to my Momma's soon to go through all of her fabric and notions. She passed away in 06 and my sister has started giving a lot of her fabric to places that make things for people in need. I want to get some for some crafts I'm doing and also to find that one special piece to make my cover for my kitchenaid mixer that my DH bought me last year for our anniversary.

My Momma had a kitchenaid and I have always wanted on and was so lucky to get one last year. I have such a great DH. This year he bought me some attachments for it. The ice cream attachment is the BEST. Makes ice cream in less than 20 min.

Enjoy you meeting at the diner...sounds like so much fun.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  07:47:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Lots to read lately. Glad to see so many new farmgirls have found us.

Peggy, your granddaughters are so cute. What a blessing for you! My Grandmother was the most important person in my life. She taught me so many things that made me who I am today.

Cherime, I'm so sorry you are caught up in your Xhusband's mess. I too think it is interesting that you are the executor of his will. Exspecially when he was still married. Hang tough..I agree that is so sad what happens to people during a death. I lost my portion of my dad's estate to my stepsister who decided none of us deserved anything and she was the executor. I would have had to hire a California attorney to hire a Hawaiian attorney to get my portion and it would have cost more than I was to get. I had a family with small children and really could have used the money. There were 5 of us and she took everything. I was told that even though she was a court approved executor, I had no recourse without hiring an attorney. I don't know why they bother if the person can just take everything. I know when my mom goes my sister will grow horns and a tail. I told my mom to just leave everything to her. I had more than enough stuff to last me a lifetime and there won't be any money involved anyway.

Anyway, on to happier things. My date when ok. He is a nice guy. Probably more friend material than anything. But we agreed it would be nice to have someone to do things with. He is going to the college here trying to reinvent himself like I am. He was laid off work 3 years ago and has been going to college to get a degree. I also found a guy I had been communicating with before I moved here. He just signed onto eharmony and we were matched. Sometimes I think that matching is just by location and has nothing to do with personality. Anyway, I emailed him to say hi and that I still would like to meet him. I got an email back that he might contact me this weekend. He sounds or says that he works a lot of late hours. We'll see. I'm hoping it isn't an excuse to ignore me. But if I don't hear from him.. I'll let it go.

Called boss lady and looks like I'll at least get my paycheck and a payment on the fabric this month. She answered the phone all laughing and then when she heard it was me she got real rude. I wish I knew what I did.. or maybe I don't. I can't believe I did anything so bad to deserve her attitude. Only two more months to go and then I don't have to work there anymore.

Anyway, time to get ready to be off for the day. Teaching 4 girls how to make a purse today. It amazes me how hard it is to teach a 12 year old how to sew a straight line!

Bunny

Julie, good for you on making a new friend! I hope you are able to get together often!

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  08:44:29 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, maybe what you did was just ask for what was rightfully yours. Some people think that they are entitled to free labor and do not need to pay for what they purchased. Having a guy friend is not all bad. In fact my DH was my best friend before I decided that I wanted more than friendship. Best move I ever made.
I gave my ex's widow the name of a couple of probate attorneys and she is going to go and see them. No one here is interested in giving her any more grief. The ones we worry about is his ex #2, his youngest and my oldest. Those are the 3 wild cards. I am going to sit back and pray for the best.
I will continue to pray for His blessing on all of us involved here. We are all in different places but when one reads through the posts, the human condition is so very similar. Hugs all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  10:59:07 AM  Show Profile
Elaine...hope and pray that you get the Teaching Job. Sounds like a better oportunity than subing. ~ Oh, have fun at
the Diner tonight...good food and great friendships and lots of laughs...is the remedy for anything that ails you.

Penny...we have a few High Schoolers on MJF and they are just a breath of Fresh Air. We love our Megan...
she keeps us young at heart and I hope we impart some wisdom and fun into her life too. Isn't it
great to know that there are young people out there that still find value in hanging with older
people and who also love the down home perspective and authenticity of Farm and Rural Living?

Bunny...first off, I sent your check out today! ~ Glad that the date wasn't a total flop...and that the guy
showed up. A guy friend can be as nice as a girlfriend...for someone just to do something with on a boring night or day.
~ I think we should get your boss and Pam's (kittykill) boss together...they sound like they would be quite a pair. I
think they are both married but hey....they sound like they are cut from the same bolt of fabric. lol ~ I hope that my
grand-daughters will someday say the same sweet things about me...that you shared about your Grandmother.

Cherime...Hopefully she will get some good legal advise and everything will smooth out and no one will be upset or get
their feelings hurt. But in all honesty...don't held your breath. Pray! Pray! and Pray some more! Only God can take
a mess and smooth out the pathway ahead.

Just got back from the Dr. (just my routine Diabitis Check)...but had to get up at 6:00 am. I don't do "Mornings" very
well anymore...so, think I am going to take an early nap here and check back with you all later.

My Quote for the day: "Sun-drenched Summer Memories warm our hearts." R.P.

hugs and sunshine,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  2:33:24 PM  Show Profile
afternoon porchies
thankfully it has started to rain and its a soft warm rain hopefully it will drench the garden and lawn
so in need..I picked lots of veggies yesterday. my tomatoe plants look sort of scrawny not sure why
and it doesn't look like i'm going to gett as many as i hoped? well we'll see..
Peggy --hope all went well at the DRs.
Chermine..praying for your situation to get sorted out properly for all concerned.
Angela.. you poor dear hopefully you will be rewarded and goods things come your way
Elaine good luck hoping you get the job..made it down your way last week and was hoping to do it again this week and i would be crazy to try on the weekend..you know what thats like...LOL maybe next week

but too much work ..where is that quilt shop maybe i'll try to get down there..there are none here..even the walmarts took out the fabrics.
bunny ..some people are so unbelievably rude and nasty for no good reason..pray for her she is not worth getting upset over.
she should be grateful..
Julie i have older friends and young friends and we all bring out the best in each other and i learn from all of them
puts things in propective sometimes..on another note the book the help is really good and there is a tea made for the book
its wonderful caramel ..not sweet but the scent is amazing..
well ladies dinner calls and my prayers are with you all
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Aug 03 2011 2:59:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  6:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - Nothing was taken. It really reminded me of when the kids would turn over the laundry basket and climb up on it to "help" me with the laundry so I'm suspecting it's a kid - just don't know which one because the immediate one that came to mind wasn't home all weekend. It does give me a creepy feeling though. I don't know if we came home before they could take anything or what happened. Hopefully by next summer we'll be somewhere else so I won't have to worry about this any more. It just concerns me if I should continue to hang clothes out or not.

Bunny - sorry to hear you're still having problems with that boss. Sending you positive thoughts that something better will come your way. If you remember I was having similiar problems with the lawyers I worked part time for not paying. I am so glad I don't work for them anymore. Such a weight lifted off my back with all the stress it was causing. We shouldn't have to work so hard to get the pay we've worked for.

Cherime - if you can I would suggest getting a laywer to help you. You can pay for it out of his estate so you won't have to worry about paying for it yourself. Also, you can pay yourself a reasonable fee for doing all the work, reimburse yourself for gas, phone, etc.... Keep good detailed records though so it can't be contested. Keep receipts when possible. Also, the family can't pull anything illegal if a lawyer is helping to oversee it and obviously they will try. A lot of people don't realize what can be done and what can't be done. Ex's really don't have any legitimate claim, the spouse as pretty much sole claim. Divorce degrees state whether or not they have any claims. Laws even regarding children's claims vary state to state. If there's no will how did you become executor if you don't mind answering? Normally that is stipulated in the will or living trust.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  01:10:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...just dropping by for a quick Hi before I call it a day. It seems like it has been 2 days long since I had to get
up so early. lol

Debra...my Dr. apptment went well. Just one small concern...he said that my oxygen level was 3 points lower than it should be. I told him
that I had felt short of breath a couple of times when I walked. So, he is going to check it again next visit...and if it isn't better he
is going to refer me to a Pulmonary (sp) Specialist. Other than that...he said, "Lose weight"... I wish it was that easy. I just ordered a Diet Book from the UK called Slimming World...which is suppose to be better than Weight Watchers. I hope they are right. So, I plan to
give that a try.

RFM Tammy...well, I am glad that nothing was taken...but it does kind of give you a cautious creepy feeling huh?

Well, not much to say other than Good Night and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  06:04:42 AM  Show Profile
Just have a minute and wanted to stop by to let you all know that I did not fall off the earth. Garden coming in. Lots of canning going on. Things have been crazy busy.

You all are always in my prayers and thoughts even if I don't make it on line to say so.

Wishing all a wonderful weekend. Will write more later when things calm down. But for now... Hugs to all and talk with ya soon.

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  07:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, everyone. Oh the ups and downs of being alive. I was at my teaching class yesterday when the lady that worked there pulled me aside after the class was over. She asked if the owner had talked to me yet. Apparently my boss is calling and emailing everyone around the quilting and sewing world in our area looking for a new employee. She called these ladies and told them I was undermining her business and she needed to replace me. She also called the quilt shop in the same town. Everyone here is very close. Funny thing is, after she told me she said "she is really weird isn't she". They knew I was leaving to go to school so that wasn't an issue. But she is doing more damage to her reputation than mine apparently. I asked the sewing store lady if I had done anything to upset them or be difficult in any way. She took my hand and said no that I had been wonderful and she just didn't get it either. So, aside from being a bit bummed this is going around (someone will believe her). I know in my heart to just be who I am and that will show my true character. They can decide for themselves with that. But she is thankfully the one looking crazy. I can only hope she keeps me on long enough to get my money she owes me for the fabric she purchased. This quilting community is really close and she has shown her true colors to the ones that are at the top. I pity the poor person that goes to work for her after me.

I took my college placement test yesterday. My algebra was terrible and it said I needed to take a college writing class. Bummer! I'm going to work on both this weekend and retake the test on Wednesday. If I can up my score, I don't have to take the basic classes. The biggest problem is deciding what to do. Accounting will get me a job, but it is soooooo boring. I just don't know if I can get through the classes. I thought about psycology, but I would have to get a 4 year degree. I would be almost 60. I don't know if I can afford to stick with school that long. I also don't want to get into student loans. I really would like to be a life coach. So I'm going to do more research to see what I really need to be certified. There are lots of schools out there but they cost close to $3000 and I don't want to get caught up in a scam.

Anyway, praying for everyone having trials right now. All I can say is be good to yourself, hang out in the garden, listen to good music, make something fun from your hobby. Use your gifts to get you through. God provided them for a reason.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page