Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  5:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey girls! Just dropping in a minute and catching up on all that's been going on.

Cherime~ Sounds like you had a good trip even if it had some big road bumps.

Bunny~ Congrats on pitching your idea to the tv station and I can't wait to hear more about this pattern you are working on. Sounds exciting!

RSFM Tammy~ How's the stubborn df doing? I've been thinking of you lately. Trust me girl you are not alone in dealing with a "bratty" man. Mine went through a little tantrum a few months back. He had just started at this steel mill. He wasn't used to that type of work and then being on third shift and it didn't help that the plant just threw him into everything without the training they had promised. He started snipping at me left and right. I stayed calm and told him that I knew this was a first with us and that I was sure he was stressed over the new job, but I wasn't the cause of his frustration and that I was only going to calmly tell him once to stop taking it out on me cause I wasn't about to put up with it. He's seen me lose my temper just once before and knew that wasn't a place he wanted us to go. So he sat down and finally told me everything that was really getting to him. He wound up leaving the steel mill and going back to the Co-Op.

Well ladies I got some good news at church this morning! Not just a great message from God's word, but a job! I will start cleaning in a couple of weeks. I'm so happy!!!! And cousin Bob is coming back tomorrow to start working upstairs. Hopefully we'll have the second bedroom finished before school starts and honey and his son can move in. And I met a MaryKay lady. I am signed up and going to start selling MaryKay. I love their products and can't wait to get going. My rep is coming tomorrow to set up my grand opening and talk with me a little more. Anyhoo I'm going to go get a few more things done.

Have a great night!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Edited by - melanie47601 on Jul 24 2011 5:05:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  7:01:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...well we finally started having summer here this weekend. In the 80's...and we are loven it!

Cherime...good to see you back on the Porch girl...sorry your trip had some pitfalls but atleast you did get to
see other family members and some great scenery!

Julie...cute picture of DD. Did she really go to bed with that face paint still on???

Dana...Welcome home girl! Glad you had a good time on your property and that you enjoyed the
packages and cards awaiting you when you came back. Nothing like Farmgirl Mail!

Megan...do you have a Journal that you save your favorite quotes in? I do...and I can't tell you
how many times I add to it and use those quotes for various writings etc.

Pam...hope the pups let you get some sleep last night. I took Snickers over for a play date with his
brother Brindle last night and oh my gosh, they played non-stop for five hours. They were so cute.
Snickers doesn't get that here at home because Bella is four and doesn't think all that puppy play is
her style any more. And Snickers was the Alpha leader of the litter of pups...so he loved being able
to put Brindle in his place...because Bella is always doing that to him. lol They are like little kids
I swear.~ Hope you are enjoying your Vintage Notions book...I got mine in the mail yesterday and I am
just loving it!!!

Elaine...I saw on another Forum today that you were going to work on "resting"...and I say, way to go girl!
Sounds like a winner to me.

Melanie...congrats on the Church Job and the Mary Kay job. Both my sister and I sold Mary Kay...love their products!

Well...I am doing some Laundry and then I plan to sit and knit and watch some TV.

Bless you all...because you sure bless me!

Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  7:52:05 PM  Show Profile
Melanie - congrats on the jobs. As for the "brat man" lol, he's doing better. Thanks for asking. He's still hurting quite a bit and probably will for several more weeks but he hasn't been as bratty thankfully.

We had a BBQ today with four of his family. I was a bit worried about it but it turned out well so I'm really happy. I got a chance to talk up the MJF community, magazine, and books (do we get commissions? lol). We served some yummy ribs, balsalmic glazed bacon wrapped aspargus, and potato salad. His mom brought cannolis for dessert. I was able to pick some fresh grape tomatoes right before we ate so they were nice and fresh. It was very yummy :O) Df enjoyed showing off our garden and everybody admired it, which made him happy.

I have to say the MJF community is awesome. When I posted in another forum about possibly moving to ND, Julie contacted me asking for my address to send us info about ND since she lives there. Saturday I got a large box of various newspapers from several locations in ND along with brochures and magazines. She included a letter answering some of my questions and invited us to contact her when we go out in September. That I could tap into the community for info and have people offer to go out of there way to assist us is amazing. DF and I were both talking about this today with his family. I'm very proud to be part of this community and hopefully one day will be able to help another sister as I've been helped.

Okay, I'm off to bed. Hope everybody has an awesome start to their week tomorrow.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  05:06:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody -

I haven't had a minute to write lately, but know that I do try to keep up with reading all the posts and I think of you all often.

We moved by boyfriends mother into hospice on Friday and she is steadily declining. I'm praying at this point that she won't suffer long. She is 91 and ready to go home to her maker. She keeps asking how long she is going to have to live. How in the world do you answer her?

Prayers to all who are in need and big farmgirl hugs to all of you.

Try to stay cool - the heat here has been absolutely terrible!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  07:55:53 AM  Show Profile
Hello all my Porchies!

Luanne~ I'm sorry for what you are going through. Hospice is a wonderful organization - your boyfriend's mother will be well taken care of. The people that work for Hospice are truly special people that ease the dying process for their patients and families. My mom is a nurse who volunteers for Hospice and she feels blessed to be able to help. I don't know how you answer someone's question of "How long do I have to live?" especially when that person is suffering. I remember my grandfather was 92 when he passed and it was a slow and debilitating process. he often questioned how much longer he would have to live the way he was living. I didn't know how to answer that. When he was finally slipping away I did visit and just told him not to worry about us - that it was ok to stop fighting and it was his reward to go to God who was calling him. Very shortly after that he passed away.

Peggy~ I REALLY worked on that napping. It was the most productive thing I did all weekend(lol). I am glad to hear that you are finally getting the summer weather! I could share some of it that we have here. I wish I lived near you - You sound ike a wonderful lady!

RFM Tammy~ I have to agree with you wholeheartedly - the MJF sisterhood is filled with some pretty special ladies that will go the extra mile for you! If I am having a down day I just log on to this forum and talk to the sisters and feel good again. I belonged to a sorority in college and this has the same feeling. The feeling of sisterhood.

I am hoping for some rain today. We have had a forecast for rain for the past four days but it has not appeared. Today it kind of feels like rain - I hope so. My poor garden needs a good soaking!

I am still working on my Alice in Wonderland quilt - I will post pictures when I am finished (maybe even along the way!)

I am heading out to do some weeding - hopefully I can sweat off a pound or two (lol).

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  08:03:10 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning porch ladies, I'm glad to see some of our traveling MIA's back safe. Not much going on here. I haven't heard from the TV station. So I guess it wasn't in God's plan. That's OK. At least I put myself out there. Nothing happens if you don't try right? I'm working on two quilt patterns. Both are taking a bit of time. I didn't like one of the fabrics I used so had to ripe out all the blocks with that fabric. Sometimes you just have to do that. The other one is an applique with the cat dies Accuquilt sent me. I'm working on a "shabby chic" quilt with kitties. Still working on that. I'm having issues with the basement. Everything is so crammed and in the way. I have some foam core I covered with a piece of batting for a design board. But it keeps falling down on me every time I try to use it. The only wall available is brick and nothing will stick to it. The lighting is terrible. I'm replacing all the bulbs with daylight bulbs hoping that will help. At least it is nice and cool and my mom pretty much stays away.

Cherime, don't feel too bad about your half sister. I have two half sisters. I grew up with one and the other was adopted out at birth before me. I have nothing in common with either of them. We are so different in every way except for the dysfunctional part that comes out in my mom's side of the family. Sometimes it is best to leave things the way they are.

Melanie, So glad for your new job! I hope it does everything you need. I hope your MaryKay business does great. I know lots of ladies that sell it. It is a good product. Just make sure you don't spend more than you bring in. I sold Tupperware for a few years and felt like I had joined a religious cult after a while. Every week we had a mandatory rally and every week there were new products we had to buy for our parties. I felt they were making more money off of us than our customers.

Tammy, glad DF has calmed down. Sounds like the BBQ had some good food! Wish I was there.

Luanne, so sorry for your boyfriends mother. My grandmother felt the same way after my grandfather died. She lived another 10 years and just sat in her chair doing almost nothing. When we would go see her, she would say she was just waiting to die. She passed very peacefully in her sleep one night and we were all grateful for her. It is sad when people give up. Be glad she is ready instead of afraid and fighting it.

Well, I'm teaching 5 little girls how to sew a skirt from a t-shirt today. I have 3 projects to teach them in 4 days. I hope I can draw it out. Last time we got 3 projects done in 3 days. I have to kick back a little and not driving them so hard I guess. 5 girls are going to driving me crazy trying to keep up with them. They are usually in 5 different places and I'm running to keep an eye on them so they don't make too many mistakes.
OOOhh, I hear thunder just now, I wonder if it will rain? That would be very nice. Anyway, I need to be off. Later porchies, have a wonderful day.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  10:07:19 AM  Show Profile
Have any of you ladies gotten your ornament from me yet? I was fairly sure you all should have gotten them by tomorrow. We found out that there was an employee at our post office that was involved in stealin from the incomin and outgoin boxes. I am missin several packages that I know I should have gotten, things I ordered from businesses.

I have green beans ready to pick! Yea!

I'm gonna be real busy pickin and cannin for the next few weeks, but I'll pop in when I catch a few minutes of break time!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  10:28:01 AM  Show Profile
Bunny- don't get down about the tv show. Remember they have budgets and may only figure out their shows once a year. You might get a call when they do that. Or they might have you do one or two shows to see how it goes. They may only meet once a month to decide those things. Businesses rarely run on our time schedules, so be patient.

Tammy- my DH was pouting the other day and went to the river. Boy did I laugh. Because I was at home sitting in the a/c. We stayed out of each other's way and talked it out calmly the next day.

I opened my pickled okra and it tastes great! Very happy with the results. Just trying to stay caught up with the housework and working on my blanket.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  10:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
RSFM Tammy~ Right on! I love MJF! This is the one place I have to stop and visit with girlfriends and helps me keep my sanity. I do wish there was a chapter closer to where I live. Most are more than an hour away. Ooo maybe one day there will be one crop up closer.

Luanne~ Praying for you and bf and his momma. {{HUGS}}

Elaine~ We had a little rain yesterday evening. It sure cooled things off. It is much better than it was. Before the rain our "feel-like" temps were running between 109 and 115. BLUCK! But right now we are at 89 with a feel-like of 96. Still hot but wonderful compared to last week!

Bunny~ Maybe the tv station is still "processing" your pitch. Sometimes places like that have lots of channels to run through before they come up with an approval. So I believe there is still hope. Thanks for the advice. My rep and district rep would like for me to start with the middle inventory. And I understand why they suggest it. But it's $2400! OUCH! The one thing I have learned about Mary Kay, is that should I decide in the 1st year that this isn't for me, the company will buy back whatever unused product I have at 90% of what I paid out. So it is nice to know that I won't be stuck with a ton of product I can't use and wouldn't take a tremendous loss either. Hope you and the girls have fun at class!

This morning was spent catching up on housework. Even got the kids to pitch in. That was great! My oldest is at band camp learning how to march and all that good stuff. I took the younger two to eat at Studio Bee. It's a youth group place here in town. Over the summer they serve like school lunches to kids and adults can eat too. But adults have to pay for their meals. Kids eat free. But it's a fun time and where else in this town am I going to eat lunch for $1.50?! Now I'm passing time till my Mk rep arrives.

Hope you all are staying cool!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  11:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!
Dana, welcome back and Happy Belated Birthday!
Peggy, yes, I definitely have a book of quotes. I have this cute little journal that I write my favorite quotes in with glitter pens:)
Pam, glad that you finally got some summer! We got our heatwaves last week, but thankfully this week it'll be a little cooler this week!
Cherime, sorry your trip had some, er not good moments, but glad you still had a good trip!
Melanie, congratulations on the new jobs! God blessed you in more ways than expected.
RFM Tammy, another example of how fabulous the MJF community is:)
Bunny, I'm sorry the tv station didn't work out, but I hope your classes continue to go well!
Angela, I got your package! The ornament is so cute, and I'm excited to try the violet jelly.
This weekend was great! Saturday was just chilling at home, then yesterday my Mom and I drove up to the Dells, which is the waterpark capital of the world. Sunday night we did some go-kart racing, then this afternoon we went to one of the waterparks for a while before we drove back down to Milwaukee. Then tonight I had dinner with my dad, which is always a little interesting, and now I'm here! I hope everyone has good Tuesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  01:05:26 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Dearest Porchies...

Long day today...I swear I have been up for aboutt 72 hours. But I know it's just been one of those really lllooonnnggg days.

Megan...I love that you and your mom are good friends and enjoy doing things together. A lot of teens can't stand to hang with their parents (either one of them). You are such a sweet girl!

Elaine...your pkg is going out tomorrow. Got it all wrapped up tonight. Trying to get things done before I leave on Thursday for
Seattle to spend time with my girls (grand daughters).

Bunny...how did class go today? I think that is great that you like to teach kids. Not everyone does.

Luanne...Great to see you on the Porch. Sorry to hear about
bf's mom. That is always hard. We are dealing with a similar situation with my first Mother In Love who lives in Spokane. She
just turned 86 but in the last two years has spent more time in hospitals and nursing homes than in her home. 3 weeks ago she fell off her sofa and broke her neck. She is ready to go home to The Lord, infact if He doesn't take her soon He is going to get a good chewing-out when she gets there.

Pam...I went to our antique store today with hubby. I bought 3 bags of vintage bottons and then remember those silver heart buttons from
Austria? I broke down and bought them today. I will use those for special projects. And I got some more silver-plated spoons to make some more altered spoons. ~ then of coarse I had to eat lunch there and they had the best Marionberry Bread Pudding (sugar-free) and yet very good.

Darlene...looked for your email tonight but didn't find one. Hope to hear from you tomorrow (actually later today). {{{{{HUGS}}}}

I know I missed a bunch of you and it isn't because you are less important...it's because I am withering by the minute here.

Pleasant dreams my lovelies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 26 2011 01:10:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  08:05:30 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Yesterday went wonderful with my sewing class. I had 5 girls and they were wonderful! They were all about the same age and same ability. I was able to pretty much keep them all together in what they were doing so I wasn't running back and forth between them. Much better class than the last one. The owner of the shop was very happy. She said they usually don't get this many sign ups. When I scheduled the classes she said probably only 2 would go with maybe 2 or 3 students. But out of 5 scheduled I have sign ups for 4 and each has anywhere from 3 to 5 students. So I guess that's pretty good. Hopefully it was my projects that inspired them.
I'm not bummed about the TV station at all. It is privately owned and everyone is a volunteer. So not sure about the budget stuff. I asked around and most people were skeptical that locals would watch. It is a pretty hard core right wing Christian station and they were afraid people wouldn't watch because they would think I would have to make it more about scripture and less about quilting. So I'm not upset. I really just wanted a quilting show not me turning into an evangelist with a sewing machine. Funny, God must think so too. I'll keep looking for opportunities.
I'm trying to talk my younger son into moving up to Oregon with me for a while. He is living with his girl friend and her family. He can't seem to find a job and keeps losing his Calif. Picture ID. (no ID, no job). He wants to join the military but won't go talk to a recruiter on his own. His girlfriend freaks out every time he mentions it. He is getting really down on himself but he has never been a real go getter. He works hard when put into that position but not big on searching for opportunities. I'm hoping if he is here I can help him and give him the confidence he needs to get his life in order. I wish I could get him to go back to school. I know he will regret it like the rest of the family when he is older.. but he is big time stubborn. He also admitted the other day he can't pass a drug test ( He smokes weed.. nothing else hard core thankfully). so many jobs are not possible. I'm hoping I can help with that up here. I need to get him away from the source.
He is such a wonderful loving person. He brother said he would drive him up Labor day weekend. So we will see.

Anyway, I need to get ready for work. later porchies. Have a wonderful day!
BTW, Angela, I have not gotten your package yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  08:55:39 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, great news about the classes. Praying for your son.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  09:49:20 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...laughed my head off over your "Evangelist with a sewing Machine" comment. That was really cute! ~ Hopefully younger son might
see his way to come north and allow mom to love on him and encourage him and help him. My middle son drinks too much and smokes weed too. Unfortunately it has caused him to miss out on some very important relationships, jobs and opportunities. But instead of giving up on
the addictions...he just finds it easier to blame everyone else for his problems. My heart breaks for him...but he is also extremely introverted and can't talk about his pain and problems...he just stuffs them...until they need to boil-over and then he calls all the
various family members and verbally vomits all over everyone. We all love him dearly but he needs to become responsible for his own
messed up life. He is 33 next month...time to grow-up and man-up. At this point in his life it will be a God thing...for him to change.

Cherime...are you back to work now after your trip? How is the weather in Wasilla this time of year?

Well, I am off to do something productive...hopefully. I made some Banana Walnut Bread last night...leaving you all some on
the Porch this morning with a Pot of Mexican Blend Coffee. Help yourself girls!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  3:09:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Angela~received your cute angel and she is on the tree already. Also the lemon jam looks yummy. You spent a fortune on postage sister! I wish you wouldn't have felt like you had to do something extra because you were late. We don't care as long as the swapper communicates with us. We all have lifes ups and downs. Not that I'm going to send the jam back anytime soon. LOL!

Lida hasn't sent her May ornaments has she? Hope she's ok.

Peg,I will email you later about all this boob stuff!

I have been half crazy with doctor appointments, biopsies, tests and waiting for phone calls and getting too many phone calls. Overwhelming!

My son called this morning and informed me that we are going to Ocean City, Maryland for a few days before the surgery. Yippee we leave Thursday! Hubby gets to stay home and babysit the dog! LOL! I love the ocean! I go way out and just float for hours. Hope it's calm enough.

Happy BD to all that I missed. I certainly wasn't having a good time in the meantime.

Praying for you all daily.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  4:17:03 PM  Show Profile
Today was a pretty good day, I must say. At work (daycare), I made bread & buns with the school-agers (7-10 year olds), and they devoured it all! We only let them have one bun each, since there wasn't enough for everyone to have 2. They weren't quite fully cooked, but they were edible enough lol. I didn't hear any complaints from them anyhow! And the bread was pretty good too. I/they made 1 loaf of whole wheat bread, and I think all of them except 1 didn't have a piece of that. Too bad we couldn't have made jam or butter to go with it....oh well. Maybe next time. Let's hope the rest of the week goes just as well as today.....although I have my doubts....

Getting my hair cut in 45 min....I haven't had it cut in forever it seems.

It rained here some today. Now it's just windy out. Hopefully it dies down tonight.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  4:38:56 PM  Show Profile
Angela...got your adorable ornament today...and my reaction was the same as Darlene's was when I saw how much you had to pay for postage.
Good Grief girl this ending up costing you a fortune. But like Darlene...I won't be sending the Rose Jelly back anytime too soon.
When I read that you were going to be doing this little extra goodie I was hoping I would finally get to taste Some violet jelly. You and some of the other Farmgirls are always talking about it and I have never had it. But guess what...I have never had Rose Jelly either...so this is going to be a real treat...thank you so much!!! The little angel ornament is now hanging on my Year Round Tree.

Darlene...I can well imagine the feelings of being overwhelmed and of course everyone is probably calling to find out when the surgery is
and to check on you to see how you are doing. Will look for your email. Prayers and Love Girlfriend!

Pam...is your daycare in home or do you work for a Daycare? Home-made bread is great any ol' way! I am a 'real butter' person but bread is still fabulous without it...if it is warm from the oven. Yummy!

Just had to rearrange my bedroom for a second fire inspection. They didn't like the fact that I had my heater blocked off by a file cabinet even though I have never turned it on in the four years I have lived here. And they did not like that I had a small table and a small night stand under the windows because that might keep them from being able to get to me if the place went up in smoke. So, I put my bed under the window...so, if they can't reach me now...they've got a problem! lol All soooooo crazy!!

Ok off to start wrapping gifts to take to my girls. Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 26 2011 4:44:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  5:28:20 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies~

Darlene~ You are in my thoughts and prayers every day. You have such a positive attitude - that is such a healthy thing. I hope you have great time floating in the ocean!

Peggy~ I hope you have a wonderful time wth your girls!

Pam~ There is nothing I enjoy more than a good haircut!

Melanie~ Good luck with Mary Kay. I have a friend who did it for about year. They had no problem with their left over inventory - just sold it back.

DD and I have been working like crazy on our lap quilts. I already see the mistakes I have made and how I would do things differentl for the next one. Life is all about learning right?

Ladies please say a prayer for me. Without going into great detail - A lady that used to be almost like family passed away yesterday. Unfortunatel about 6 years ago she betrayed my mom and nearly ruined my career (and state of mind). We have not spoken a word since then. In my heart I forgave her actions but she was such a toxic person that I stayed away from her. I feel badly that this has happened to her and I feel for her family. I just feel guilty that I don't feel as badly as I think I should. Please say a prayer fr the repose of her soul and a quick prayer for peace of my mind. Thank you so much.
Bunny~ You made me laugh - evangelist with a sewing machine - maybe you should pitch that to them! lol. Sounds like your classes are taking off - good for you!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  6:50:52 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
just got a whopper of a storm fast and furious a good soaking though..
Elaine don't beat yourself up over this..no one can blame you for staying away from a toxic person
I too have done that and wish things could be different..sometimes we intersect with a person good and bad at different times in our lives and then go our separate ways for one reason or another..its the lessons we learn from the encounters that makes us the person we are and become..sad at times when bad things happen..but know in your heart that for whatever reason this was the way is was supposed to be.
it hurts when it hit close to home.
Darlene hope you have a wopnderful time at the beach..
prayers for all my sisiters in need
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  10:02:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello sisters!
Elaine, I'll be praying for you and the family of the deceased.
Peggy, if you have ever heard of the show Gilmore Girls, than that's what my Mom and I are like. If you haven't, well, we're super close and pretty much do everything together! The whole fire situation sounds ridiculous! I hope your son realizes that it's time for him to grow up, too.
Bunny, even though you won't start becoming "an evangelist with a sewing machine" (great line by the way!:), I'm glad that your classes are taking off!
Pam, sounds yummy! I hope the rest of your week goes well.
Darlene, I'll be praying for you, and I hope you have a fabulous vacation:)
Today was such a busy day for me! I babysat during the day, then I met my friend to run. We're actually running a 5K for one of the meal programs here on Thursday, so just a last-minute run! Then tonight was our block party, so I was able to spend time with some of my neighbors that I haven't seen in a while. Do any of you have block parties/neighborhood gatherings? I love ours! Our block captain is actually my former babysitter's (who I'm still really close with) mom, so it's always fun at her gatherings! I hope everyone has cheerful Wednesdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  10:20:07 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I got my package today... ditto on the shipping. You really shouldn't have... however, I will totally enjoy the rose jam. I have never had it before. I'll feel quite classy with toast, rose jam and a cup of tea...(little finger out and all). cheero!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  12:13:23 AM  Show Profile
Whew...is it night time yet? Probably early morning (but that is my night time)lol

Bunny...jolly good idea on the toast, jam and tea!

Darlene...enjoy the time with your son at the Beach. Should be very special for you both. He's a good boy! ~ I envy you a Beach where you can just float on the water. We have really bad rip tides and under toes here. We all play in the water but never far from shore. We also have terible Sneaker Waves here...that wash people out to sea every summer. One year at our Women's Retreat I was bending down looking for Agates on Agate Beach and a Sneaker wave came right over the top of me and flipped me on my back like a turtle. Luckily I was able to gain my footing and was NOT swept away. So, enjoy that blessing of having safer Beaches.

Megan...I have heard of the Gilmore Girls but never watched it. But it's not every girl who has a mom who is also her friend. It is a whopping of a blessing. ~ I hope you don't have to run that 5k in heat and humidity. Not fun! Hydrate well!!!

Well girls I am off to read and rest, tomorrow I pack for my trip. One thing about living in the PNW...you always have to over pack. The weather is never predictable. Oh the weather forcasters try but...they rarely get it right.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 27 2011 12:27:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  04:22:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Just popping in for a minute. Actually, I'm hoping someone will know something about hospice. The doctor transferred Sam's mom to hospice last week after a CT scan showed her tumor was enlarging in spite of the radiation and chemo treatments. Her kidneys are also shutting down. Last night we got a call from the hospice social worker saying that Mom can't stay in hospice, and that we would have to move her out. We called the doctor, and we were told that Medicare won't cover hospice because to put it bluntly she is not dying fast enough. Does this make sense to anyone? We don't know where to turn at this point. Bringing her home is not an option.

Hugs and prayers to all of you -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  06:04:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies, boy have I missed you.
I just had to grab a few minutes to come and thank a few sisters and let you know I'm still around.
Lord willing, I'll get back here more consistently soon.
Peggy - thank you so much for the tea/card - I do enjoy that swap. Tea and hugs from friends - a super combo.
Big hugs and thanks to Peggy, Luanne and Megan for the birthday greetings. Sweet. (I love the cupcake themed goodies, Peggy. All the yum and no calories!)
Angela - thanks for the sweet angel ornament (Angel/Angela - cute) and WOW! Jelly, too! You shouldn't have but I'm tickled that you did. I've never tried Violet Jelly but now I'll look forward to making something special to put it on.
From just the few posts that I read above, it sounds like so many have need of prayers ( I believe we all do daily, just some need extra focus now and then). So I'll keep you in mine.
Darlene, I got your email the other week and have been lifting you up. You are one special gal.
Luanne, I'm sorry, I don't really know anything about hospice. I'm sure several here will have wise counsel for you.

Well, I need to try to read back a bit further to see who's up to what, going where and what's new.
I'm working on the July ornament and if they're dry enough, I'll mail them Friday. Please email me your addresses for the ornament swap.
And August tea is on me.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jul 27 2011 06:05:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  06:10:50 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Deborah ~ Those were the words I needed to hear.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page