Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  8:16:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies~
My DD and I had a nice day in NYC today. I drove in because I had to go to the dr. and then we had lunch at Alice's Tea Cup on 4th and Lex. When DD went to school in NYC we went there alot. It took a long time to drive out of the city. The traffic was wild! I enjoy going into the city but everytime leave I thank God that i live where I do! Different strokes for different folks I guess.
The weather was beautiful today and should continue to be so for the weekend. I hear you all on the weeding - it seems like you weed one day, come out the next and there are even MORE weeds.
Tomorrow I hope to get to Lowes to pick up some wood for my scarecrow. I've been saying that all week but just don't have the oomph to do it.
I think I'll leave soem of what I had for lunch on the porch for you to try - it wasdelicious. Passion fruit tea and a warm pear , endive and blue cheese salad(yum yum) Have a wonderful evening ladies. Rest easy.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  9:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters!
RFM Tammy, I'll be praying for your DF!
Teacher Tammy, that's such a great number! Sounds like a very successful event!
Judy, thank you! It's not so much trying as it is I'm sad that she doesn't get as much girl time as I did when I was her age. But I will definitely try to spend more time with her when I'm over there. And I hope your pesto turned out!
Bunny, I will definitely pray for your friend. It sounds like a very trying time for her right now.
Elaine, it sounds like you had a good day with your daughter!
Today was much more relaxed than the rest of the week. I was able to sleep in, then I rode over to my friend's house. We rode up to a track, and I am way more out of shape than I thought! We did timed miles, and my time was 12:34! Oh well, at least I'm not going out for cross country. I do definitely need to start more hard-core conditioning though if I'm going to do rugby. I only have 34 days til it starts! Otherwise it was a very relaxed day. I hope everyone has an awesome Friday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  12:22:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb ...hey we have been missing you on the Porch but know your life is hectic with the new job and all. Come as often as you can!

RFM Tammy...those veggies of yours look fabulous. We haven't even really gotten any veggies from our gardens here yet because of all
the rain we had. Out tomatoes are still in the blooming stage. All the plants are tall and healthy looking but nothing to pick until
August for sure. Other than beans and peas maybe by the end of this month.

Madame Butterfly...your relay did awesome! Way to go! That has to feel very rewarding.

Bunny...I will add Heather to my prayer list. That is a huge Mountain to have to deal with. Wow...makes all our problems look insignificant in comparison huh?

Judy...I can't get those other Lawson (?)cards to open either. Bummer!

Elaine...sounds like your trip into NYC was fun despite the insane traffic. It is nice that you have a DD that you can share
Tea Houses with and other girly things. That is one of the reasons I adopted Pam (kittykill). She is fun and lovely and creative and sweet
and we always have a good time together. I have fun with my sons too...but on such a different level.

Megan...that is sad that your cousin doesn't really get a chance to be away from her siblings and just hang with the girls more! I am glad that God put you in her life...to be her friend as well as her relative.

Well, I decided that the Vanilla-Almond Scones tasted too plain...so today I drizzled Chocolate on the top. Better! I am leaving
you some on the Porch along with Sweet Tea.

Night My Lovely Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 15 2011 12:24:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  02:49:03 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning, Friends...I haven't posted in ages, but I have not forgotten about you either. Life has been challenging--in good and bad ways. Thank you for the teas I have received in the mail, most recently from Peggy. It means so much to me. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  06:47:20 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Just back from taking my mom on a little trip. We had a great time. House is a mess, garden decided to start producing so things are a little busy around here right now. Will take me a few to catch up on everything happening here so for now prayers to those in need... off to clean.

Will write more later.

Hugs

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  07:39:57 AM  Show Profile
Theresa...that is so nice that you took a trip with your mom! You and your mom must be close huh? Well, get the house and garden
taken care of and come on back to the Porch and sit a spell and tell us about your trip.

Dianne...oh farmgirl it is so good to see you on the Porch. When I made out your tea card I said a little prayer
for you and part of it was how much we all missed you. You need to come back and share some of the good, the bad, and the
ugly with us...just so we know what's happen with you.

I went to my Bible Study/Summer Crafting Group last night and we had the best time just sitting around crafting, sharing life
and shooting the breeze. It is good to have girlfriends that are always there for you...just like you guys. What a huge
blessing in a woman's life...to have other sisters to Journey Life's Highway with. Thanks for always being here Sisters.

Have a lovely Friday and enjoy whatever the day brings your way. Be a Blessing to Someone today!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  08:35:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies. Just popping in trying to drag out my morning before I start doing chores.

Judy- I'm on season 2 of Columbo and I don't know what season of Angela. Sometimes Miss Marple helps me with my afghan. Another series is Touch of Frost with Jack Frost. I learned all the British slang bad words off that show. lol

Going to try posting some pics of my okra and our vicious farm cat

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  12:51:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!
I'm getting ready to leave the house and head towards Yankee Stadium. Tonight I am so lucky to be going to the Paul McCartney concert. I tell you I love that man! I grew up listening to all of his music va my parents. A few years back I was lucky enough to see him at CitiField and he was wonderful - what a performer! So tonight I know I am in for a treat! I'll sing along extra loud for all of you ladies! LOL!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  1:13:00 PM  Show Profile
Elaine...lucky you girlfriend! He was always my fave out of the Beatles (me and a million, zillion other girls. I must be the age of your
parents because I grew up in the 60's and 70's when they were the rage! I never did see them in concert however. Have a blast and tell us
all about IT (him) this weekend.

Julie...is that two different cats??? Hey your canning looks gorgeous. I miss canning in a lot of ways even though I did it for years. Now,
I freeze most everything. But there is nothing more beautiful than seeing everything packed in jars and cooling on the counter. I think Cherries, Peaches and Pears are my favorite canned foods and then Bread N Butter Pickles. Soooooo beautiful to look at and so tasty to eat.

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  8:53:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi farm sisters!
Peggy, I feel so blessed to have all of my cousins in my life, and even though I do love all of them, I feel a special connection to Anna just because we're the girls in the family. And that scone sounds really good!
Dianne, I hope you're doing well! It's good to hear from you:)
Theresa, I hope you had fun on your trip with your Mom!
Julie, you have such cute cats!
Elaine, I hope you have an awesome time at the concert!
Today was another relaxed day. My Mom and I hung out by the pool, and I was able to finish a book that I've been working on reading for a while. Then we ran a few errands, and here I am! I hope everyone has relaxing weekends!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  9:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Here I am- catching up again. Wow everyone has been so busy, but I believe the "BusyBee" award goes to Angela. heehee

Darlene~ I'm thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery.

Peggy~ Got your tea the other day. Mmmmmm! Thank you!

Bunny~ I am praying for you. I really can relate to what you are going through. Sometimes it's not real easy to hear God, to know what He wants or has planned. I get away from Him too. But I have learned that when I just stop dead in my tracks, let nothing interfere, just sit quietly and listen, I mean really listen. You have to shut off that hamster wheel in your mind that just keeps rolling the "I need this" or "How am I going to do that?" to really hear what God has to say. It's not always easy, but definately worth it even when it doesn't happen as fast as we think it should.

Hugs to you all!
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  09:55:31 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Dana! BIG ((((((HUGS))))) Farmgirl! Love Ya!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  11:12:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Oh my it is hot here today. We are under a heat warning until Tuesday. Even when the sun goes down it doesn't cool off much and the humidity is tough.

Peggy~got your tea and sweet card today. Thank you!

Dana~Happy birthday dear have a blessed day

Farmdream~beautiful canning pictures and cute kittens.

I left you some rolls and freshly made chicken salad with some strawberry tea. Keep cool ladies.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  12:23:58 PM  Show Profile
Talked to my friend last night with the kidney failure. She will soon be on dialysis. Thankfully she gets to do it at home at night. Her and her husband are thinking about moving to San Francisco into his mom's empty house. She will be closer to the transplant hospital. The waiting list is 5 years long. Hopefully she will be ok. I'm hoping I can be tested for a donor. Not sure how to pull it off from way up here. But she will be close to her mom and that will be good for both of them. She is pretty much alone right now. All her friends have moved away. She sounded good though.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  12:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...look at you girl....I can see you reasoning & thinking.....AND listening to God! He's right there with you, whispering to you and YOU, my Dear, are responding and you don't even know it. Good for you Dear....keep listening! My Prayers are with you always!....and keep sharing with us....I enjoy seeing how God works in people! And, yes, I will put Heather on my Prayer list!
I've been asking God for a part-time job for some time, but He has other plans for me too. My Mama needs me right now and I enjoy being there for her, especially since Daddy's passing, 2 years ago. But not working is a very hard thing for me, since I've worked all my life(since I was 12)and been VERY independent! But just the other day I learned a new saying that is so true! "Lonliness is a terrible price to pay for independence!" True? hmmmmm.....but ....(oh there I go again).....we try, so hard to take care of ourselves, I think, that we leave no room for God to show us what He can do! ....(just thinking out loud)....and yes....we ARE human and we have that "I can do it myself" nature(I just heard a 2 yr. olds voice)haha....but it's true...right?
Ok moving on.
Elaine, so glad you 2 made it to Alice's Tea Cup. What a cute name. In one of our small towns here, we have Abigale's Tea Room. Sounds like the same thing. I love their beer-cheese soup. So creamy and tasty, with potatoes and greenbeans. Yummmmm!(making myself hungry)hahaha You're salad sounds tasty! *slurp*....gimmee a plate!
Megan, I haven't made the pesto yet, but soon. (drooling)
Peggy, throw that new laptop out! hahaha I hate it that I can't send you any of my cards at all now! No fair! Ya'll are the reason I subscribed to these card sites! *whining* mmmmm...vanilla-amlond and chocolate....yum-yum. The other day I took to my Moms, a white cake flavored with almond and slathered with fudge icing. Man-o-man was that rich.....~whoooo-eeee~.....but tasty! It didn't go to waste...well...just our waists! lol Oh, I got your tea the other day. I like raspberry anything, so can't wait to try it. I wonder what it would taste like iced? Have you iced it yourself? Such cute cards & stickers...and leave it to you to have FarmChic lables...ya...I noticed! lolol Also DH collects stamps and loved the forever stamp you put on there with the orange flowers. We've not seen that one around these parts. Thanks again! Love ya girl!
Well, it's 92/sunny/low humidity/breezy today. Very tolerable w/o that stickiness. We may get a t-shower later, but right now the sky is blueblueblue with a couple of BIG white puffys floating lazily around in it! Preeeety!
I feel lazy today too. If I had a hammock....I'd be in it....me & the kitty! At present, he's snoring over in the recliner behind. He hasn't gotten his daily quota of 20 hours yet. hahaha Bunny, I'll bet your kitties are a comfort to you right now. I call it, "Fuzz-Therapy!" Enjoy! They're always ready to help out...and soooo soft!
Later-Gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  12:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hello Girlfriends! DS made it home safe and sound this morning. Although he says camp next year is out of the question. Not going again. He's a little upset he didn't get his swimming merit badge. He thinks he would have gotten it if he could have taken the test with the same instructor he had all week. Instead he had a girl that he said barked orders at him. Yeah well DS doesn't well with taking orders. He told me the instructor he had was awesome! He said he was a little hard to understand at times (a young spanish speaking man) but he was super patient and relaxed so DS actually learned how to swim! Do you believe it?! No one has ever been able to teach my boy to swim till this young man came along. So I think that is pretty cool. DS had some issues with another boy in his troop. I kind of expected he would have though. DS had enough this morning before they headed out and told this boy he needed to zip his lips or DS was going to tell him what every boy in the troop thought of him. Of course that boy's momma didn't appreciate that at all.

I've accomplished pretty much nothing today. My sister got some new kitchen appliances so she gave me her old stove. It's only a year old and still under warranty soooo... I've been cleaning stoves today. I need to get them switched out still. I tried to get to the flower shop before they closed this afternoon but didn't make it. Most of the flowers I planted for the wedding are poof. All that rain we had washed my seed out. I have some cosmos growing and indian corn. Did anyone see Mirenda Lambert and Blake Shelton's wedding photos? I saw a few in I think a People magazine. Her bouquet was actually made of vintage lace and brooches. Cool huh? She also said that sucker weighed like 4 pounds! But it got me to thinking when I realized my poor flowers weren't going to make it, that maybe I should think outside of the box. I remember this fabric flower tutorial. I made a couple of them before and they're pretty simple. My sister thinks that I could buy a bulk order of wildflowers fairly cheap though. Well her definition of cheap and mine are two very different things most of the time.

Well girlies I think I will stretch out and take a nap for a bit and then get back to work. Talk to ya'll later.

Have a great weekend~
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  1:02:17 PM  Show Profile
Julie...if okra can be considered pretty...you've pulled it off in those crystal-clear jars! Good work!
Love the "Fierce" farm-attack-kitty! Too cute! I really enjoyed Miss Marple, but hated that a lot of her episodes weren't streaming...have to order the CD to watch. Oh well...I still have the others! I'll have to check out the "Frost" one. If it' too vile, I won't watch it. I have to laugh though, because it doesn't seem like cussing when it's done in their country. hahaha I mean "bugger" is a really bad word over there.
I learned that one when I worked with an English lady at my first job in 1975. She was a Hoot!
Elaine, hope you had fun at the concert. Was that YOU I heard singing from here???!!! hahahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  1:30:03 PM  Show Profile
Judy, thanks for your kind words. It is nice when someone "gets it".
I have watched "A touch of Frost" I liked it. Not too bad. It is interesting to watch British TV. I love looking at the houses, decorations and country side. But I think you'll like the show. Make sure you start from the beginning.
I loved the Agatha Christie shows with Hercule Poirot. I have seen all of them. Such a strange little man.
Anyway, thanks for your lovely insite. We have to listen to God's messages but then we have to have the ability to do something about it too.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  3:43:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I definitely think Hubby is finally 'gettin it'! Today he cleaned the living room and kitchen, even sweepin the floors, while I did a little dishes. Then he helped me can a bunch of pie fillin and cleaned up my canner. Right now he's in the kitchen makin pancakes, bacon, and eggs for dinner. I am really soakin all this pamperin up!!!

My girls are all outside playin so the house is quiet. I've been havin a great day and totally enjoyin it. I think a book just might be in my near future. I haven't seen one of those in a month or better.

I'm off to find one and to check out some of these shows you ladies keep talkin about. I've got netflix, so I should be able to find some of them.

Gonna run while the quiet and pamperin is still goin on! Be back later! Enjoy a jar of blueberry pie fillin! It's great on sugar cookies!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  4:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I know, what a bummer my laptop is! It drives me crazy in more ways than one. Like the other day my hubby sent me a heartfelt email from work and I responded with my heart's feelings (sounds sweet but really we were having a bit of a "tiff" for those of you who love those British Shows lol) and my computer added Darlene's email address to it...and I didn't see it until I hit send. So, then I had to email Darlene and assure her she wasn't the only one who had hubby problems that we all do and just to ignore that email. But this computer whenever you write an email...it will say why don't you include so and so in this email...and obviously if you ignore it it just adds one for you. :+) I am really going to have to watch that...as it could obviously get quite embarrassing at times and time consuming if you have to go back and apologize to people all the time. ha ha! ~ Judy, that Raspberry tea is delish iced also. Those cards I bought came with four different tea cards and four different teas. So, I kind of tried to match people up with what I thought each personality might like. Let me know if any of you try the Snickers and Apple Dessert and what you think about it. For those of you in extreme heat I doubt you will want something that sticky sweet... but it is a good Autumn Dessert.

We are NOT having hot weather, we have forgotten what Spring and Summer look like, the past two years. Bunny, being in the Gorge gets really warm weather, where we are closer to the Coast. Today I got up at 6:30 (my body told me yesterday it was going to rain) sure enough...it has been raining all day. I had to go back to bed at 10 am and slept until 3:00. Oh well, such is life...you just learn to listen to your
body and go with it.

Bunny...just like Judy mentioned I too see you growing in the Lord, girlfriend. Keep holding on tightly and trusting...He sees the big picture, when we only get snap shots. That is awesome that you want to be a donor for your friend. I don't know how that works either but the kidney transplant list is usually longer than people have time to wait. She has got a plus... in the fact that she is a female...they seem to be able to do dialisis longer than men can.

Melanie
...the vintage lace and broaches sounds beautiful to me. I would take that over flowers any day of the week. But then again, I am a "bling" girl. If it sparkles...I love it! lol ~ That is awesome that DS learned to swim even if he didn't get a certificate. Super cool! I have a young woman in my Bible Study Group who has a son who is autistic and no one could teach him how to ride a bike...and he wanted to learn so badly that it really frustrated him. His folks found a one week summer camp to teach challenged kids how to ride bikes and Josh learned to ride by himself without training wheels at that camp. It was like the very last day before it all came together for him but we were all so excited for him and had been praying for him. Then to top it off...the Newspaper here featured him in their article on this new program. So, he was super pumped over all of it and so were his folks.

Dana...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Farmgirl! Hope you got my lil' pkg. Oh, I forgot...I think you guys are at your property in Idaho right now. Oh well, it will be waiting for you when you get home.

Teacher Tammy...thanks for the rolls, chicken salad and strawberry tea that you left us on The Porch...I was really hungry when I woke up. It was perfect! How is the planning going for the new school year? Seems like you guys get out early than our kids do here in this neck of the woods...so when do you all start back to school?

Hey Porchies: here is an updated address for Darlene (she didn't move but they changed her address) if you have sent her a card or something at the old address she will probably still get it but here it is: Darlene Riboldi 141 Sterling Valley Rd Kunkletown, PA 18058

OK...guess I better go do something...all I have done today is the dishes and sleep and chat with my Porchies. Some days that is just as
good as it gets. lol And that's OK!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 16 2011 4:44:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  10:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Well LadyBugs, I have a little news. Again this morning I was coming up with every excuse known to man to not go to church, but the Lord finally got hold of me good and set my rump in that pew, of course not before having the van do a detour to pick up my mother. I stuck around last Sunday to talk with the pastor, to let him know how much I appreciated the message he gave and how badly I had needed to hear it. Well that was just what happend to my mom today. My sister and her fella are going to be baptised later this month and on the same day my mom is going to rededicate her life to Jesus! Isn't that amazing! So after all this wonderful news, the pastor turns to me and tells me he hears that I do cleaning and asked if I would be interested in taking on the church. Of course I said yes! Now nothing is set in stone. He still has to talk it over with the board of trustees and it will be two or three weeks before I could actually take on the new position. You know how we've been doing a lot of talking about listening to our Father and His plans for us. To put human thinking behind this situation that has come up today, it makes no sense financially or time wise for me to take on this new job, but something deep inside says "Do it." I'm sure I've told you all how badly I dislike cleaning the apartment complex and how much I'd love to let it go, but I'm not in a financial position to do so. I don't know maybe this is God's way of telling me that it is time to leave the apt complex and at the same time telling me He wants me in His house more. I don't know ladies. Just please remember me in your prayers that I may listen to our Father and follow His plan.

Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  12:29:05 PM  Show Profile
Melanie...Praise the Lord,Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord!!!!!I'm crying tears of joy and my heart is FULL for you! What a wonderful God He is. He gives us what we need, ...not want...NEED! From a good shaking and a little (plop) into that pew...to then, sweetly and softly ASKING you to clean His house. Notice....none of it was forced....just quietly led, guided and directed. Praise His Name!!!
Yup...that's the same God I serve! *giggles of JOY* And I'm so happy to hear about your family getting baptised and rededicated. We need to rededicate every so often, just to let God know we are still serious about following Him clear to the end! I'm just bubbling in my Soul!! Thanks for sharing that! Love Ya Girl!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  6:10:44 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies :). It is incredibly hot here - like 34C/90F, with crazy humidity...so I don't think my clothes are going to dry very well outside. Oh well. Hopefully they get a little dry before I head off to bed. I have the early shift tomorrow (7:30-4) which is nice. I'm hoping that this week starts out better than last week ended.

My mom, sister & niece were here this weekend for a visit, which was nice. They went home about 2. Then I went to my cousins' Jack & Jill wedding shower. Out of all of my cousins (there are 9 of us in all, not including the groom's family), I was the only one who was invited to the wedding. My one aunt was the only one of the 4 other aunts/uncles that was invited to the wedding. Then they invited all of the great aunts & uncles (who are all in their late 70s, early 80s) & aren't going to the wedding since it's like 2 hours away. I'm not sure what their reasoning behind it all is....but anyhow. I think it's rather rude to just invite one cousin, and one set of aunts & uncles. Either invite everyone or no one. Ok, I think laundry is almost done - well one load - so I better go. Have a good night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  6:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Evening Ladies. I'm done with my real job for this week.(the one that pays the mortgage) Back to life on my little farm. I got one pallet today. Those things are heavier than I thought. I'm going to use to help reinforce my compost bin. It needs a lot of help. I have to get out real early in the morning or else it's just too hot. I'm already making plans to scrap most (5 out of 6) of the garden beds and just prep them for fall planting. Thank you for all the kind words about my canning. The pictures of the kitten are the same kitten, not two. Lord, I'd lose my mind with 2 kittens in the house. She's 2 1/2 months old and named Sara Cheeto (like the chip). What do you expect when a five year old names her? lol

I'm thrilled with all the good news on here. Angela, it's wonderful when the other person in the marriage finally "gets it." It's a combined effort and working together produces twice the reward. Helping to clean gives more time to spend laughing and relaxing...and smooching

The swimming and biking stories are great. My DD is so hardheaded it's hard to teach her things. She will learn from someone else but doesn't like us to teach her. I found a kinder-party event coming up and it will have a shoe-tying workshop. I'm definitely taking her to this!

Feeling tired so I'm going to cut out, get in the bath and soak my cares away...God Bless you girls.

Julie

P.S. Judy-my favorite British slang word is "nicked." He says "You're nicked!" all the time. I tell DH and DD that all the time now.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  6:50:17 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Melanie..I just sat here with a BIG grin on my face reading your post. Ditto what Judy said, that's the God I serve also! Still grinning....God is so good. :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page