Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  12:46:55 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...Oh, I'm with you Darlene, Happy Scotty won American Idol. He was my pick from the beginning.
I like a little Country Music, I listen mostly to Christian Radio but I do watch all the Music Awards. He made it pretty
obvious from the get-go that he was raised in a Christian home. His parents raised a fine young man you can just tell by how
sweet and humble he was. ~ I love Licorice Tea too. You are the first person besides me...that I have known that likes it.
I have enjoyed it for years. It is really a calming and soothing tea. That's My Sista...for you!!! Two peas in a pod!

Angela...great suggestions on how to mail loose tea! I think we will all remember those for future tea swaps and for those
of us who haven't had our month in the First Tea Swap yet.

Megan...honey I would send you some nice weather if we had any but we don't either! We have just been getting occassional sun
breaks. Just enough to give the garden a little hope and make us feel like summer is coming when indeed it's just more rain
around every corner.

deborah...you and Darlene need to share some of your heat and sunshine with us. At least send it our way when you get to warm.

Elaine...hope you have nice weather for garrage sales this weekend. My hubby and I are headed for the Oregon Coast...with our son
and his fiance' and we have all decided we need a change of scenery so baddly that we don't care if it's rainy at the Coast or not...
we are bringing plenty of food, board-games, and books to read. We'll just turn on the fireplace, and cozy in and enjoy watching the
Ocean Storm...if it must!

I have a million other emails to check...I haven't been on my computer all day until tonight. So, bless you all my lovely
friends. Pleasant dreams!

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  08:46:16 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, when my DH was so ill he had to take a ton of dandelion root tea. I finally gave us and made some of those bags for loose tea from unbleached muslin and natural crochet cotton to tie them up with. Worked fine. It is beautiful here in AK. Long lovely days. Walked the dog yesterday evening in shirt sleeves and it was hot on my back. It was 70 in Anch and they are predicting another scorcher through to the end of the week. I hear it got close to 80 in Fairbanks.
I will probably be panting all the time I will be California in July on vacation. I am going to sleep in cheap motels so I can rent a convertible. Might as well waste my money on a fancy car.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  09:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...you go girl!!! Rent that Convertible, how fun is that? Just don't go too cheap on motels in California. My husband rented us
one in San Rafiel(?)and I made him go get our money back and would not let our children touch or sit on anything in the room. It was one of those places that you just knew horrible acts had been committed in that room. "Dive" is too nice a word to describe that place. I would have rather stayed at The Bates Hotel (from Psycho). Then just down the road a mile we got a lovely motel room for the same price.
And it didn't have the vibe and energy of dead people, drugs, and prostitution. So, yeah...splurge on that convertible for sure!!! But ask to see the Motel Room before you pay for it.

Hugs and blessings,

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  11:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Bunny! I am up for some visiting! Weekends are always good for me. I only work 1/2 days on Fridays-so maybe a Friday?

Contrary to popular belief, I have not gone and joined the circus. HA HA HA! I've been busy with work and with my garden. I'm so exhausted when I come home that I just want to sit and veg infront of the TV.

Peggy-I had the frame and the pearls, so no charge-consider it a late Mother's Day present ;). I have my etsy shop back up, only three items in it but I'm going to add more this weekend.

I also haven't forgotten the tea swap-I will be mailing out some yummy tea this weekend and thank everyone for sending such great tea and recipes.

Our garden is taking top priority right now and it's almost in shape. I need to post pictures. We built a fence from an old pallet and it looks great! More planting this weekend between cold rain showers.

WHEW! I'm out of breath. I hope everyone is wonderful and you are all in my thoughts. Much love my friends.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  7:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow! We really had a scare last night. Tornado watch from 6-10 PM. The sky turned a dark navy blue in the North around 7 and was windy and creepy. Didn't like it one tiny bit. Was glad hubby was home with me. At his old job he was at work til 10. His new job gets him home around 8 PM. But also he is off Mon-Tues and Weds. So he's home at night, no matter what. I like that. Of course he goes to bed around 10 and that leaves me to try and find something quiet to do. Anyhoo, I wish this rainy, stormy weather would clear out. At least for awhile til it dries out a bit. Today I pulled weeds until it got dark and stormy looking. Thought sure we were in for it. But it went North...again. ~whew~ I've been trying to move some older seedlings into my new beds so they have more room. It sure has been a strange Spring, planting between storms and showers. *sigh* I know, quit belly-aching! lol

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  03:49:46 AM  Show Profile
Hey Judy -

It was really bad here too. The wind was terrible - power and phone have both been out since 9:00 p.m. last night. I'm at work now - came in early to use the ladies room to "bird bath", put on a little make-up etc.!! They gotta take me as I am today!

Hope everyone else is safe and well.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  06:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Praise report and praying that the weather will settle down or at the least no finger of a storm will touch down in a populated area.
PRAISE REPORT!
Thank you for your prayers. The baby does not have a brain tumor. He does have a condition called septo optic dysplasia. It is a rare genetic disorder that affects only 1 in 10,000 births. He will hopefully be a high functioning example of this disorder. So far things look good for him. He is missing the membrane that separates the right and left ventricle of the brain and he has underdeveloped optic nerves. The good news is that he has his corpus collosum which is sometimes missing in children w this condition. So 90 percent of people w this condition are legally blind but he does have vision. We won't know how much till he is older. The condition frequently affects the pituitary gland but so far all the tests the endocrenologist ordered have come back normal. So we will take care of any symptoms as they arise. I am just grateful that my little guy will get to grow up.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  08:00:08 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...That is good news! Hold on to hope and let that baby be what he will be. Never try to hold him back if you don't have to.

My 2 1/2 y/o was diagnosed inutero with downs. The scale they use showed her at the worst end of it. When she was born, she showed no signs of it physically, at least outwardly. She did have the enlarged valve in the heart and the enlarged liver, but all else seemed normal. As she grew, she developed a very slight almond appearance to her eyes, but her problems started to right themselves. We still, and forever will, have to be very careful with any chemicals she is given in foods and medicines, but she should be fine. On the bright side, downs children tend to be highly intelligent and usually score above average on IQ tests. My little one already recognizes most letters and #'s 0-10 without any formal training! We haven't even worked on it with her other than to say yes or no when she told us what one of them was on her placemat at meals! She has picked it up from cartoons and watchin her sister's homeschoolin lessons. Her Dr says he thinks she wound up with basically all the good parts only of the condition. We didn't accept that she was gonna be handicapped, we decided to let her decide if she would be. She has decided the answer is NO!

I know the weather has been really screwy and scary for most of us. I hope everyone has made it through ok. We got a lot of limbs down and a few trees in the ravine fell, but no major damage that would really affect us.

I'm off to bake a cake, make baked beans, and prep the corn on the cob. I already got the pies, cole slaw, potato salad, and the little smokies done. I have about 20 people comin tomorrow for a group birthday party cookout. Should be fun since it's supposed to be sunny and nice! Yea!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  09:35:51 AM  Show Profile
Terrific news Cherime!!!!!!! so glad the news is encouraging.

Angela.......sounds like your lil' one is a treasure!

Hope the weather is improving for everyone........I's a beeeeeeeeeeautiful day in North Texas!!

King Ranch Casserole on the porch today! Add some sweet tea. Enjoy.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  12:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, what wonderful news and a relief I'm sure. You will keep a sharp eye out for problems I'm sure. He is lucky to have you in his life to look out for him.

Angela, sounds like you have been blessed with your little one.

Judy and Luanne, sorry you are having such a weather scare. Hopefully it will pass everyone by and fizzle out soon. What messy weather you guys are having.

Pam I'll private email you and we can set a play date!

Stay safe and healthy...
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  1:18:22 PM  Show Profile
Cherime~ Such good news about your little guy. I've got to agree with Angela - let him be what he is going to be - I hope all turns out positive for you all!

I am still praying for all who have to deal with htis crazy weather. I am very lucky that it is sunny here. My biggest problem is the humidity which is nothing compared to what some of you all have to worry about!

Mel~ That sweet tea sounds delicious - don't mind if I have some. But what is King Ranch Casserole? It sounds interesting.

I didn't have to work today and my DD did not have class or observations so we spent the whole day together! Big diner breakfast - a little shopping - a lot of laughs - pizza slice for lunch- and singing in the car on the way home. I have to love that my 20 year old still wants to spend time with me. I am blessed to have her in my life!

Hope evryone stays safe and happy tonight. I left some Lady Grey tea and some vanilla scones on the porch for you - please enjoy!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  4:17:30 PM  Show Profile
Cherime...great news on the baby. Love, love, love to hear answered prayers! And I truly believe to that you just let them decide what
they are going to be and not label them. Some of the sweetest, most beautiful children I have ever had the priveledge to work with know have been Down Syndrome Children. The are the happiest little Angels in the World and their bright energy just radiates on to everyone around them. I have seen the same thing with children who have autism. They have so much to offer the world and people around them. It it's beautiful to behold.

Angela...your daughter sounds very special and you have shared some precious things with us that she has said and done that have just delighted and warmed my heart. Kids are so reciliant and given the freedom to become all they can be...is the best medical treatment in the whole world.

Bunny...maybe it will work out that the three of us could get together for a play date on a Friday. I only have every other Saturday available because of my hubbies job. But if it doesn't work for the three of us... I hope you and Pam can connect and enjoy meeting together.

I am still praying for all of YOU who are dealing with the Tornados and the terrible weather. Joplin has really been on my heart...they have lost so many and so much it is just hard to even fathom.

I hope and pray that you all have a Wonderful Memorial Day Wknd and that you will take a moment each day and pray for those who have both given their lives for our freedom and those brave soldiers who continually put themselves in harms way for us today! LET US NEVER FORGET THAT WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF EACH AND EVERY VETERAN WHO IS BRAVE BEYOND WORDS! GOD BLESS THEM ONE AND ALL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Peggy
Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 27 2011 4:34:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  4:43:37 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, It would be wonderful if the three of us could connect. I have the next two Fridays and Saturdays off. I gave Pam my cell number and we will keep you in the loop.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost...
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  5:26:54 PM  Show Profile
It is 78 degrees and I just my arm sunburned driving back from town! Not a cloud in the sky. YIPEE!!!!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  5:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Cherime...I am so JEALOUS!!!!

Bunny...that would be fun!

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  06:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I'm so jealous! I'm so glad that prayers were answered! We got the rest of our veggies yesterday and I'm planning on planting them this weekend. I got some rainbow chard-its so pretty.

Bunny-I got your email. I'll email you this weekend and we can figure out the details :)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  10:26:02 AM  Show Profile
PRAISE the LORD! PRAISE the LORD! So glad for your wonderful news Cherime! I'm so happy for you!
Luanne...you cracked me up with your ladies room, "bird bath." Never heard it called that before. So cute!I hope you're all ok now.
Today we have sun/clouds/cool breeze/78 I can't believe tomorrow is suppose to be 90 thru Monday. That'll be a shock to our systems.
Well have a good weekend girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  12:30:25 PM  Show Profile
Taking a litle break right now from working in the garden. I've hauled over 400 pounds of dirt today. But I did get my strawberries planted in my tire (my husband hates this - but I'm all about recycling things now). Used found items to make bean tee pees and a pea trellis. A lot of fun trying to find items to repurpose!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  5:18:37 PM  Show Profile
God is so Good! Thank you ladies for your prayers. I am rejoicing in his provision and goodness for little Patrick. There is a call on that child's life and I know it. Not sure that his mom knows but she and I will have a very long talk about that when I do outside in July.

Elaine, that is what my strawberry plants are in, tires. They also keep the tiny yard at the back of the house from eroding away.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  6:06:14 PM  Show Profile
hi everyone! as usual, catching up on everyone's days...
Bunny- I couldn't stop laughing at the visual of you with your head and foot out the cat door trying to cool off. NOt funny to be so warm, but the creative solution was a great to imagine:-)

Peggy- Love the lilac! I found a perfume not too long ago that is a lilac scent and I just love it. It has to be one of my favorites

Prayers out to everyone facing the scary weather right now. It's snowing here and pretty cold...cant wait for summer to arrive

love to all,
dana

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  08:06:18 AM  Show Profile
Happy new week to everyone. I was catching up a little and everyone is very busy.

I wanted to tell you about the wonderful day I had yesterday. My DH took care of our daughter and I got to go to Schlitterbahn (water park) and spend the day with my friend with no kids! It was so much fun not having to keep an eye out or taking someone to the bathroom. It was completely rejuvenating. I highly recommend going to an amusement park with just your friends.

Today I will try to post on freecycle to look for 5 old tires. I want to grow some potatoes soon. I finished sewing on my Henrietta badge and looked over the list of badges. I have one picked out that I will start working on. I told my friend about it and I'm hoping she'll want to join in and we can work on some badges together.

Happy Sunday!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  11:22:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey Mel...I'm wondering about that cassarole too. Anything "Cowboy/Ranch" is interesting to me. haha Never outgrew that stage of my life. That's why I have a Cowgirl necklace to go along with my Farmgirl necklace. ~yeehaw&giddyup~
Elaine, there's nothing like a day with the Hubby is there? I love my run-around day with mine too, especially now that it's spring and we both like to garden together. We love the whole proceedure...buying plants, preparing the garden, weeding, then cleaning up and going to supper. We sing in the car too. haha Too funny! I found some kids songs CD's at our library sale that we just love. Kids songs are the BEST!!!
I'm so envious of you gals that live close and can get together. I'd love that. Good for you! Have fun! Laugh, hug & squeezle all day for me too, ok??
Dana...good to hear from ya...where ya been Girlfriend??
Well, the weather is finally gorgeous today. I'm sitting out hereon my patio with my coffee cup and my lap-top watching the birdies at the bird-bath and feeders(the ones that didn't get ~blown~ to the other side of the map, that is--:O ) and watching my garden grow and butterflies-flutter-by. All is well with the world today!
Well have a great day gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  11:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Judy-I am the same way. I love cowboy/ranch/western. Especially vintage western.

Our garden is all planted. Yahoo! Tomatoes, rainbow chard, peppers, raspberries, pink lemonade blueberries, lettuce, strawberries, different herbs and a lemon and tea tree. Whew! Lots of stuff! For the past two days I've been laying around the house and just hanging out. So nice not to have plans and stay in my pj's.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  12:15:23 PM  Show Profile
A "PJ Party-Day".....yeaaaaaa! Love those!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  4:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Cherime~Thank God for Patrick's good news. Prayers at work!

The wind here blew part of our privacy fence down and my husband took it away today. I went out to see what he was doing because I know he becomes a demolitionist at these type of situations. He assured me the rest of the fence would stay up. I went in the house and cried because it looks so terrible. I shouldn't even cry considering all the loss of life and property everywhere else. A tornado hit down in a town not far from here and the huge trees that were uprooted were unbelievable! Everytime it even starts to rain or the wind blows my dog starts freaking out now. Seems like every day!

Dana~did you say snow? I'd rather have snow!

Bunny and Pam can I come too???

Elaine~my husband is weird about things like that too! Last year my entire garden consisted of planting in the wholes of pallets. He was livid that I would put them in his rototiiled garden area and assured me it would never work. I had a huge garden. It prospered and I did ALL the work. I then assured him that the only reason he could eat any of the bounty was because he rototilled the garden. This year he took the pallets out of the garden to rototill it and I just planted everything without them. Didn't have the energy/strength to drag them in myself.

Angela~Happy belated BD. Hope it was great! Your little one is precious. I know many young mother's that get a false positive for DS in utero. Scares and freaks everyone out for no reason.

My computer just blacked out...Battery!

Love to all!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page