Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  09:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Wow has it really been a week since I was here?! I've been trying really I have. It seems the few times I've tried to sit down to catch up this week something or someone has decided they have other plans for me. But now everyone knows this is mom's time to visit with the girls and they are just gonna have to entertain themselves for a little while. So many blessing on the porch. YAY!!! Praise the Lord! And prayers for all. Mother Nature does seem to be on the war path. Praying hard for those in Japan and the volunteers there.

PBR was a blast! We got our tickets an hour before the show and would you believe they still had two front row seats left and right next to the shoots to boot? When the gal asked if we'd like those seats, I said "Oh Yeah!" I never realized just how young the bull riders are. Those guys, some of them not much more than boys, riding these huge animals. Some of those guys are just 6 years older than my son. Just crazy! No serious injuries or really nasty wrecks. Thank the Lord for that! Actually not many of the guys rode for the whole 8 seconds. Ross Coleman was there. Honey man was super excited to see him there. But I think the bulls stole the show. There were some really tough ones out there. Now I like to watch the cowboys ride but I really have a tender spot for the bulls. If I could ever have a place in the country, I would love to raise cattle. Broke my heart when honey told me there's been talk about legalizing steroid use in the PBR bulls to make them bigger and meaner. Insane! I feel that would be cruel and seriously dangerous. And if they do, I will not watch anymore. Oh well enough rant about that.

As for everything else going on... The kiddos are on spring break this week. We're not doing much. Working on the house and some small local outings. Caitie's room is finished and we are getting her moved upstairs this weekend! She is super happy about that. I hadn't said anything to my soon-to-be-stepson about picking a room or even about moving in. (I wanted honey to talk with him first.) He's had a tough growing up so far, problems with his mom moving him around a lot and then giving up custody to his dad a couple of years ago. Things are more stable for him now and I know moving in here will be a big change for him, but I also want it to be a change he wants. Growing up I moved around a lot and it was the worst. I never got to keep friends or it was very lonely childhood and I don't want him to go through that too. But the past couple weekends he's been talking about when "he and his dad move in" more. Actually just last night Hallie and him decided which rooms will be theirs! He's getting excited about being here with us and all of us being one big family! My kids are excited about it too!

Ok I've rambled enough and the kids are out of spray paint. Guess I need to go pick up a couple more cans so we can finsih painting Caitie's bed. I'll try to stop back in later.
Hugs to you all~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  12:06:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Lida, Happy Happy Happy Belated Birthday to you!!! Hugs from me to you! And for Tour De Cure, I'm probably going to do a 10k. I know I could ride farther, but I won't even be a year out from knee surgery, so I wouldn't want to push too far.
Well, the weather here is not quite the way it's been the past few days. It's raining and it's cold out! Oh well! I have a lot of things to clean around here, and I'll be able to catch up on my reading and crocheting!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  1:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies, Well it's 62/clouds/sun/cold NE wind. It's been a quiet week around here. Nothing to report. Enjoying all the "birdie songs" in the early morning hours. Sounds so pretty NOW, but give me another month and I'll be yelling "Shut Up" and looking for the "Birdie-snooze-alarm!" LOLOL Since DH works long hours and late hours, we sleep in in the morning....if we can. So, ya, they birds can get pretty loud around here. It doesn't help that we feed them year'round.hahahaha
Well I need a cuppa tea....I'm chillin'.
Glad you all are enjoying your cards. Glad to bring grins to your faces. We all need more grins!! LOL
Later-Gators!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  5:37:43 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies. Hope everybody had a wonderful weekend. The weather was beautiful here.

We made plans for my son Matt to go skeet shooting with us on Saturday with my fiance, his brother, and myself. We were surprised when not only he showed up but my younger son, my youngest daughter and her fiance. It was a lot of fun and everybody agreed we needed to do it again soon. Sunday my man got the border up in the bathroom to complete phase 2 of the redo. Below is a picture of how it's come together. I'm so happy with the way it looks. The yellow turned to gold when the border was added and was perfect. We painted the new beadboard a dark blue to match the blue in the shower curtain and border. He did a great job putting it up. We just need to redo the floor, which we plan to wait and do this fall. The new tub surround he put in isn't visible, obviously, with the curtain closed. We're so glad this project is completed :O) To reward him I bought him a power washer. I also got a new camera since mine had totally quit working so I could show off the bathroom LOL.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  5:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Have not been on this porch in a while, but have been spending a lot of time on my own personal porch. The weather has been perfect for it. The grands play Indian, and I am the white settler who lives on the porch. They come to my porch with spears, and I give them milk and eggs in exchange for the meat they kill. We have a truce. It is a fun game, and a great porch game. I get to stay on the porch! And I quilt there too, as they think that is very pioneer.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  12:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday, Lida. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Best wishes on the training. Love it when the hubbies actually listen and gift us with things we ask for. Sweet.
Pam, sorry to hear you had a rough time last week. Steak and cocktails sound like a great weekend kickback.
RFM Tammy, your bathroom looks really nice. Great colors!
We put our porch swing back up this weekend. Record high temps on Friday may have had us jump the gun a bit. Wintry mix possible over the next week. (Big sigh.)
My honey finally had an interview this afternoon, haven't heard anything from him yet, I'll try to keep you posted. Thanks for the prayers.

Hope to see you all tomorrow. Keep the glider warm.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Mar 21 2011 12:58:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  2:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Love the bathroom, RFM Tammy. Nice job! So would you and your honey like to come redo my bath? LOL
Staci~ Praying for your hubby and the new job.

It's Spring Break here at our house and the weather is beautiful. 76 degrees and sun is shining. I'm trying to see how many of my neighbors I can scare. I've been working outside in my shorts and these white legs will blind anyone. Hahahaha I didn't do much outside since I worked most of the day for a client. I cleaned her house top to bottom. Then we dug out all of her Easter decorations and set them out. Mom had done the hard part at my house before I got home- 3 piles of leaves raked up in the front yard and the front porch cleaned up. I bagged the leaves and a few other things. Out of all the bulbs the kids and I planted last fall, only one came up- a lonely little daffodil. But our iris' are shooting up quick! Those were planted by my mamaw many years ago.

Well I guess I'm off to go research some more job opportunities. Those apartments are really about to do me in. I've been thinking about direct selling- like At Home America or Dove Discoveries Chocolate. I'm just not sure yet.

Hope you all are having some gorgeous spring-time weather.
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  2:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Dianne...Received your oh so cute ornament. I love cardinals! I think I will make a few myself and doves! Cute!

Tammy...Your BR is lovely! I have a gold and blue bedroom. Glad you all had a great day.

Megan...I'm sure momma nurse is telling you to protect that knee. Now porchie nurse is saying the same!

Pam...Sorry everyone was yelling...just look at them with a blank face and picture them as a pig, it works everytime! I know because I had alot of practice doing it!

Judy...you make my day! Keep 'em coming. I love the birdies...and you made me kill one!LOL!

Woke up to 3" snow. I couldn't believe it! I am a snow lover but now that I had a taste of sping I want it next winter! Bought blueberry and raspberry bushes to plant and not in the snow!

Staci...Praying for you guys!

Lida...glad you had a good BD. Expect something in the mail, I'm sorry it's late. Mailing tomorrow.

Peggy...You must be restinor crafting...or both! Had the 2 GSs on the weekend...their a hoot...blessings for sure!

Hello and prayers to you all.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  4:10:59 PM  Show Profile
RFM tammy-love the bathroom!

Peggy-how ya feelin'? hope your fibro is doing better

Lida-Happy belated birthday girl!

Melanie-belated thank you for the tea, jasmine is one of my favorites!!!

Pam-Hopefully this week will be better

It's been cold and snowy here but I can see my garlic poking up thru the snow. (yeah!!!!) Nothing exciting here, same old same old. Looking forward to this summer and getting up to Idaho for a few weeks. I really wish we could move now but I guess patience is a virtue. (Don't have much of that virtue in me I've discovered ). I'm personally more of a fan of instant gratification; why won't the rest of the world cooperate with me? Oh well...
Hope everyone is well and have a happy week

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Mar 21 2011 4:11:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  6:36:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I know I have been MIA for a few days
but I have a good excuse! I bought my hubby a new puppy to replace his dog that we had to put down 6 months ago. This little guy is nothing like his dog Sterling. Sterling was a small Golden Retriever and this dog is a Black Scotty Terrier. Hubby named him "Royal"...don't ask me
why...it doesn't fit the dog at all. So, hubby gets the fun of the dog and I get all the work...but that is ok.

Dana...the Fibro is bothering me but that is because unlike some of you lucky farmgirls...we are still dealing with rain and more rain. Yuck! Thanks for asking though!

Judy...loven the cards girl! You are adorable and funny!

Dianne...loved my Bird Ornament!!! Got it today! So, SWEET! Thank You! Thank You!

Pam...hope you had that Steak dinner with Cocktails. That will turn any bad week around! I loved Darlene's solution too!
Where are you finding the adorable M.E. Cards? I love them! So fun to receive!

Megan...I am not a nurse like Darlene...but I know that your body (if you listen to it well) will tell you just exactly what it can and cannot not endure. Slow and easy goes it girl!

RFM Tammy...absolutely love your bathroom!!! But had to laugh because when I helped my son pick out bathroom accessories for his apartment we picked that same shower curtain and bathmat, plus some gold sun and moon plaques to hang on the walls. So, just want you to know that you have great taste!

Darlene...you can keep your snow...I want Spring too!!! Lots of birds and sunshine and warm rays soaking into my skin! ~ I see you are doing a Patriotic Quilt Block Exchange...how fun!

Well goils, I got a new lap-top but haven't hooked it up yet. Still trying to save stuff off this computer first. But I better get off before this baby freezes up on me again!

Big Hugs, Loves and Loads of Laughs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 21 2011 6:42:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  7:53:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisters!
RFM Tammy, the bathroom looks great!
Darlene and Peggy, I'll be careful with the knee:)
Ah, finally the start of fourth quarter! Ladies, that means I'm almost done with my freshmen year of high school! It seems like just yesterday I was this little freshmen, scared and excited, ready to embark on a new adventure, and now it's almost over! I'm enjoying it though, so that's a good sign for the next three years. Next year will be even better. I'm taking an entire year of gym to make up what I missed this year, but I'm also taking two honors and one AP class, so it'll be a challenge. But I'm up to it! I'll also be back on the rugby field! Today softball tryouts started, and pretty much all of my friends are trying out, so it made me a little sad that I wasn't out there with them. But alas, I'll be back to sports in no time! Love to my porch sisters!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  06:07:52 AM  Show Profile
Megan - Don't be sad that you are missing a season in sports. Making suring you recover without problems is what's important. You can still go cheer your friends on. My son has taken gym classes nearly every semester, he begs for them lol. He has 2 more months until graduation! Does your school require volunteer hours to graduate? His school does and we need to get his completed.

PeggyAnn - I've been collecting pieces for years. I got the shower curtain and hooks back in '06 when I bought my trailer after my divorce. I had planned to paint the bathroom there and put the border up but never got to it. That border has been sitting in our bookcase for over 2 years. I have friends that tell me they "use" to have the same pattern to. Apparently I'm slow on the "in" bathroom decorating. I absolutely love the bathroom now. Just need to decide what to do for flooring. So, what type of laptop did you get? Mine died a couple months ago. My oldest son is thinking of selling his Apple and getting an IPad so it's been playing in my head maybe to buy his, but not sure yet.

Girls, Michigan is going to be under another winter advisory today :O( My head just can't wrap itself around this. I so thought spring was here after yesterday's temp being almost 60. Today we're back down in the 30's. Matt is asking for homemade pizza tonight so I think it might end up being a family game night. I'd love to bake a batch of cookies but doubt I'll have time to get that in. Everybody stay warm!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  07:59:20 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies!
No luck with the job interview. At least we know why it's been open so long. Minimum to start, all nights, no bennies. There are a lot of warehouse positions open around here right now so he's starting after those with more intensity now. We'll be okay for a few more months if need be and we have good support. But please keep us in your prayers. It is hard for me not to get stressed with the waiting. I'm right there with Dana - more of an instant gratification kind of girl.
Speaking of, Dana - I hope your Idaho dreams come together sooner than you imagine. Love hearing about it either way.
Melanie, I've done some direct selling and if you get with the right company you can do really well. Prayers for you to find something you love to sell - then it doesn't even seem like work.
Peggy, glad to see you. The puppy sounds like fun (for your DH, anyway.) Enjoy.
Darlene, I feel the same way about winter now. I LOVE snow but like you said, we've tasted spring now I'm ready to move on.
Judy, thanks for the silly cards - you've made me laugh every day this week.
Well, we're running errands together today. Cold and rainy weather is on the way. Just in time for my kids' first track meets of the season. Brrrr.
Take it easy and have a cup of tea - there's Irish Breakfast in the pot and some pistachio tarts.
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Mar 22 2011 08:01:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  08:23:51 AM  Show Profile
RSF Tammy...I got a "Lenovo" Lap-Top...it is basically a very stripped down, cheap laptop.
$429.00 on sale. No bells or whistles with this one. Does the basics and that is it. I
only use my for emails, photography, blogging, and my poetry. So, it should be great for my
needs. I am not a game player (just one or two of my favorites).

Like I said, "you have good taste" in your bathroom accessories. Your bathroom looks great!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  4:17:22 PM  Show Profile
evening porchies
well Tammy and dana i'm getting the sam weather as you too
its still cold and now the weather guy said 6"" to 8'' snow for tomorrow
is he kidding..this not what i want to heard..so i'm not ...LOL
peggy lots of luck with the new laptop..
staci ..saying a prayer for finding a good job
megan take care of knee honey.. don't rush it..
a little prayer for spring..please spring hurry up and warm me up.,
night ladies.
deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  4:49:08 PM  Show Profile
Peggy-congrats on the new computer and the new family member! BTW, I love the name.

Staci-sounds like that job kinda sucked anyways. Stay positive, a good one is out there just waitin' for ya

What is going on with this weather?! Our normal this time of year is in the 60's and today is supposed to be the warmest (and driest) of the week at 47. Must be the weather but I'm exhausted today

Had to take Ava to the Dr today for her Hep A booster (18mo shot). All was well until the actual sticking, then both her and Sophia (3 1/2) started crying. Sad but cute that big sister was upset for her. A trip for a cheeseburger and french fries afterwards and all was forgotten.

Stay warm ladies

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  7:09:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies,
How are we today? I have been busy with school. The quarter ended last week so had report cards to do and then we are well into musical practice and my twin sons are getting confirmed in a few weeks so got organized for that and dear stepdaughter and I worked on her wedding plans...so I am finally able to sit with some tea and put up my feet.

It has been beautiful spring weather but we had a cold front go through this evening and it is now feeling like winter. Typical for us.

RF Tammy love the batheroom

Peggy congrats on the new addition and your computer

Judy thanks for all the cute cards.

Well ladies I am going to take my tea and curl up with a good book. I got new glasses so I am finally able to read again.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://wingsofpurple.wordpress.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  9:39:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone!
RFM Tammy and Deb, I will definitely be making sure to recover correctly if I ever want to do sports again!
And RFM Tammy, at my school service is a requirement for passing theology and for graduating. I enjoy doing service, so it's not a big deal for me!
Butterfly Tammy, our fourth quarter ended last week too! My teachers were all busy busy this weekend finishing up grades.
Well, the signs of spring have left:( It is raining, and there's supposed to be snow tomorrow night! It was just up in the 60's a couple of days ago... Well, hopefully spring will be here soon!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  12:05:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies! I am on my new lap-top thanks to my son coming out here tonight and helping me with connecting the wireless router and network. Praise God for techie-smart children!

I am so pooped tonight, I am going to make this real short and get to bed. I had 3 dogs running around here playing all evening (my son and his fiancée brought Royal's brother, Brindle over) while Shane worked on my computer. The dogs are as rambunctious as Grandchildren; maybe more so!!!

So, I am off for a good night's sleep before early morning puppy-patrol starts. He is good at following Bella's lead. So, today he went potty outside 4 times...I was so proud of him. Pretty good for just having him for 2 1/2 days.

Good Night and Sweet Dreams my Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 23 2011 12:09:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  04:15:16 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies!

I'm so glad that it's Spring - except that we had 10" of snow over night and it is still snowing hard. The commute to work was real exciting - but I'm here and dried off now, so hopefully it will be better before the drive home! This is typical March weather in the Poconos - 60's one day and deep snow the next. Keeps life interesting!

Hope everyone has a great day - stay in and stay warm and dry if you can!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  04:16:34 AM  Show Profile
awesome, Peggy! He sounds like a smart pooch! I'm up early getting ready for my second day back at work adter maternity leave. I've cut down to part-time and am taking the baby with me. It's so exhausting! I told my DH today I wasn't sure how long I could keep it up!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  08:11:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey Luanne...Great to see you On The Porch! How are you and
BF and Mother doing? Is everyone re-cooperating well? 10 inches of SNOW yuck! Sorry but you can keep it ALL your way. LOL

Dana... is Ava doing better today? That is so cute that big sister gave her some crying sympathy. After all...What are big sisters for?

WIWOCattle Girl Megan...Sometimes I think animals are smarter than
people don't you? ~Wow don't know how you are doing it back at work and taking baby. The dogs wear me out and they are less demanding than an infant. Did you have a boy or girl? I don't remember hearing.

I think that we are going to have another rainy/sunny/everything sort of day. Crazy Crazy weather! I am still praying for Actual Spring Weather! It was very frosty out this morning...the dogs don't like the frost as they can't pick up their scent out in the grass. lol ~ I got some sleep and feel better this morning. Will check back on the Porch later...for now left apple-strussle muffins and Starbucks coffee for you all. Oh, and some pomegranet tea for you tea drinkers only.

March Madness and Merriment,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 23 2011 08:19:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  08:20:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy!

I'm glad you got some sleep and are feeling better - thanks for the goodies and tea! BF and Mom are actually both doing pretty well right now - thank goodness, and thank you for asking!

The snow has let up temporarily, but we are supposed to get another 4-5" tonight - lucky us!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  9:16:09 PM  Show Profile
Whoever is getting spring weather, please send it my way! It has been snowing since early afternoon, and though it's nothing major, it's springtime!
Peggy, your pooches sound adorable!
Wow, it was quiet today! Well, like I said, it snowed here today:( Nothing much else!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  9:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Like Luanne said...SNOW and it's snowing again! It really never settles down until after Easter no matter when it is. We had a terrible snow storm in April/Easter day in the 70's. This snow lover has had enough and I never say that.

Peggy...How cute a new furbaby! My older dog trained Jackie and she as never done anything in the house. We once had a wonderful Rottweiler that used to ring sleigh bells on the door when he had to go out. One time he even rang them and went out and threw up! I miss him!

Working with a baby is tough! Been there done that! Not for many moons though. If men did half of what women do they would freak out! My heart goes out to you.

Luanne, glad things have calmed down.

Love to you all!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page