Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  1:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Staci...Scones are my favorite and those look spectacular! Jackie went to the vet yesturday and by then her symptoms were gone except for redness and watery eyes. I was going to give her Benadryl but she was dry heaving so I didn't think she could keep it down. Also very lethargic and having the breathing issue I couldn't risk depressing her breathing any more. I just sat and held her and watched her all night and day. Prayed too! Scared me to nnear death! She has to see an opthamologist for her glaucoma, which is hard to treat.

Finally got my MRI results...herniated discs...1 in my neck, 4 in my thoracic area and 2 in the lumbar area! No wonder I feel so good! LOL! None of them feel great but the neck one has caused me to lose fine motor skills in my hands! Bummer!

Need more porchies to sign up for our all year long ornament swap. We have 5 and need 7 moregirls so sig up!

My arms and hands are numb and can hardly type. Back later!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  3:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Darlen Darlene...sorry to hear about your herniated discs. What are they going to do for you? Do you have to have surgery? Was this all caused from the Car Accident? Wow...does not sound good! How is you hubby doing from the accident? ~ Glad to hear that Jackie is doing better. Now, I know why you didn't try the Benadryl...makes perfect sense. Good reasoning on your part. Do they do surgery on glaucoma for dogs?
Staci...Those Scones look Delicious! And I swear I can smell them from here! Yummy!
Angela...Glad that it is beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas around your house!!! I remember that as I look back we were very relatively low-income while I was growing up...but we never really knew that as kids. We would get one Santa Gift and one gift from our parents and our stocking was full of candy and fruit and a couple gifts...but we thought we had been Wonderfully Blessed! It doesn't take much to put the Magic in Christmas for Children (or adults) either one. The Little Things are Really The Big Things in life!
Come on Porchies...let's get some more Ladies Signed up for our Year Round Swap. You only have to make 12 ornaments...one time, when it is your turn. Easy Peasy!!! JOIN THE FUN!!!

Well, I need to go eat lunch my stomach is making funny noices! lol

Blessings and Love,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  4:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Glad to see everyone is doing well!
Peggy, thank you for the Christmas card and I hope you have fun with your new picture printer!
Hannah, it's always good to hear from my youngest older sister! Glad you're doing well!
Staci, those scones look delicious! Making my mouth water right now... :)
Darlene, you'll be in my prayers! And thank you for the care package you sent! That was so sweet of you:)
Today I went to the doctor. He changed my dressing, and in a few days, I'll go back to get my staples taken out. That makes me nervous, but after going through the surgery, I'm not as afraid! I'm starting to get on track with my homework. It was nice having my grandparents here, but they're not good motivation for homework! Oh goodness, I'm watching the Christmas edition of Cake Boss, and now my mouth is really watering! Okay, back to homework for now!
God's and Holiday Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2010 :  7:21:33 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies,
I see the porch has been decorated and a busy little place. I am sorry for being MIA. I just have been very busy with too many things. Darlene, thanks so much for the lovely card and tea. Peggy got yours today and it was a blessing on a day when I needed it. I am bit stressed about several things and I seem to have very little time for me and just to be still. Hard to explain but I could use some prayer. Thanks ladies. I hope to check in more. But I am off to bed.

hugs and love
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  04:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Tammy...you got the PRAYERS going up on your behalf My Porchie Sister!

Blessings and BIG BIG HUGS coming your way,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  06:52:30 AM  Show Profile
Looks like you are up awfully early today Peggy. I hope all is well and that you're not in pain.

Tammy, will be praying for you also.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  6:02:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! Looks like the porch was awfully quiet today... Hm.
Tammy, you'll be in my prayers!
Ms. Peggy, I hope as well that you are not in pain:(
((((HUGS)))) to everyone!
Today was another lazy day (as if I could have a really busy one!). But I did finsih some yarn, but now I have to get more for some unfinished projects! I really want to sell some things during the Farmer's Market this year, so I'm using this time to get started! See you all tomorrow!
God's and Holiday's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  6:25:32 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch Sisters,
Oh my, I have missed alot; I read random pages from October until now to try and get a handle on how everyone is doing.

Pam and Darlene- thank you for the messages, prayers and Christmas cards. It means so much to be remembered.

I had an amazing time in Guatemala. I am still trrying to process all that I expereinced there. Each time I go I leave a bit of my heart there. I can't figure out how to embed a picture in this post, I have a sweet picture of me holding one of the boys at the orphanage. He is one of the reasons I have returned to Guatemala 4 times now. Every child needs to be cherished by someone and he seems to have no one.

I was privileged to work with some amazing and loving people while in Guatemala. Many of the volunteers I served with are from the Vancouver area. At least one of them may show up here on our porch. One day she wasn't feeling too well and stayed back when we took everyone on a field trip to the Guatemala City Zoo. I left her with my December copy of Mary Jane's Farm to keep her company while we were all away. (I brought it along to read on the airplane.) Anyway, she felt like I do about this community- finally a group of people who understand me!

I hope that my hiatus from this wonderful place has ended. I have missed you and have been praying for you. Jobs, health, finances, family situations, homes, guidance.

It has been snowing since Saturday. We have about 16 inches and are forecasted another 3-6 inches tonight. A nor'easter my show up Sunday to Monday. Mucho frio!

Peace,
Lida

P.S. I cooked a 24 pound kershaw squash at Thanksgiving and made 2 pies, 4 loaves of quick bread, a double batch of scones, and froze 16 cups of squash pulp for later use. I saved the seeds, but think someone threw them away while I was in Guatemala.
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  7:00:23 PM  Show Profile
hello all......so fun to read all of your posts.....not much time but thought I'd drop in tonight...my mom is in the hospital tonight, she was running a fever and was having trouble breathing....she has bronchitis...bless her ....she's 88...but they said she'll be alright, they're gonna keep her overnight and see how she's doing tomorrow!
loved reading about your stay in Guatemala Lida and sharing your MJF magazine! YOu go girl! I keep a copy in my desk drawer at work, when I'm feeling blue, I pull it out and browse through and it perks me right up!
I rec'd two lovely cards this week in the mail, one from Peggy and one from Darlene....so very special you two....I loved them! loved the little extras in them...it made me feel so special that you took time out of your busy schedules, and all the people you could write to and you included me in that...how special is that? Made my Week for sure!!!
you're so special! Happy Days ahead all of you! Must get to bed now, but will be thinking of all of you, hoping to get some cards out soon.....I'm feeling a little like I"m running backwards....trying to keep up with it all! I love the holidays and I don't want them to go by so quickly! Enjoy the moment!
hugs to all!
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  7:01:28 PM  Show Profile
cute photo Pam & Mark! Love it! poochies too! Tammy-prayers for you definitely girl!

Edited by - monicarose on Dec 08 2010 7:08:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  7:09:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
I brought some tea and scones for treats. I am taking a time out. Thanks for the prayers ladies. You are such a blessing to me in so many ways. Life is hard right now and this is where I find peace. My little butterflies are so excited for Christmas. This weekend we have our program and cookie walk. I will be glad when it is over to be honest. I guess you could say I have the Christmas blues. I hardly have time to sit. I have barely gotten my shopping started, no Christmas cards, tree is up, but it seems after we got hit with the flu I haven't been able to keep up. Every night there is something to do and all I want is to sit and be with God and yet I am so tired by the end of the evening I fall asleep before I get to Amen! Does that make sense? Thanks for letting me vent. My dear hubby bless his heart just doesnt get where I am coming from. He tries but he just doesn't understand. Anyway I just wanted to come and sit. Guess I must have needed to speak too. Thanks sisters. I love ya all so much.

hugs
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  8:32:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello girls. I got 2 beautiful cards with tuck-in's and want to say thank-you to Darlene & Peggy. I worked on cards all day today and will mail them out tomorrow. Watch for them girls. Enjoy!
You girls are always in my prayers and yes, Tammy, it does make sense. I've fallen asleep praying too and apologized to God for it. *blushes* I think he knows us and knows our hearts enough to see that we really are trying. I think He still Honors good intentions as well as half-prayers. He is a merciful God. Hubby's now...I can't figure them out either. They are a whole-nuther-species of critter. LOL
Lida, I can't figure out the picture thingy either. Awhile back I put pics of my baby guinea pigs on here, no problem. Next time I tried it it wouldn't do it. My DH even tried to do it...no luck. And he's computer savy! *shrugs* I would love to see your pics too. Guatemala...Wow! That's one big squash you had there girl. Nice! What does it taste like? I've had a lot of squash, love them, but not that kind.
Well girls, it's late, I'm tired and it's snowing like crazy again. Time to cozy in.
Good-Nite!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  05:33:37 AM  Show Profile
Judy & Lida - have you checked to make sure you're pictures were in the jpeg format? I know I tried to upload a picture from my phone but it was in bmp format and wouldn't upload. If you open them in Paint (under start - program - accessories) you can save them to other formats. There's other programs that will convert them too but all Window based computers have Paint. Hope that helps.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  05:36:07 AM  Show Profile
Peggy & Darlene - thank you so much for your Christmas cards and the little tuck-ins! It was so nice of you to send them.

Hope everyone is doing OK and that we're all just busy - I know I sure am!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  09:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, most of our pics are jpeg, but I'll double-check that. Thanks.
Well, it's 36/sunny and no snow for the first day in 5. A little break for us. It was snowing at 6 AM when DH left for work though.
I think the sudden weather change has set off a terrible headache for me. Happens a lot when the weather goes from bad to nice. A "Pressure" thing. Ugh! Gonna go lay down for awhile.
Toodles!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 10 2010 09:26:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  12:11:17 PM  Show Profile
Tammy...Your mood reminds me of the song "Blue Christmas" and I think we have all had one or a half a dozen of those in our lives. You sound like a "Warn Out Woman" (good book by the way) written by a man who gets it! Dr. Steve Stephens. I continue to pray for you! I know when I feel like you do...I don't even like being around myself. I'm terrible company even for a party of one. But hang in there sweetie...it won't last but for a season. You are usually always so up and perky and encouraging. Do you have any idea what has you down? It sounds like you are on pure 'Overload' with not enough 'YOU' time. If you don't give yourself time to "refill" you...then there is nothing left to give to others either. Big Hugs Girl!!
Lida...Yeah, you are back!!!! So good to hear from you! Oh, I wish you could figure out how to get that picture posted on here of you and that little boy! Would love to see that. I can imagine that your trip is always a life changing experience. I love that there are people like you who can take the Love of God to other Countries and let His Light Shine in their darkness. But one thing that always amazes me...is how much happier many poor people from third world countries are than we are here in the land of Prosperity. Small and simple things bring them great pleasure!
Glad you are home on the Porch...to share with us once again.
Monica...So Happy that you were able to drop in too!! Oh, You Wonderful Women are so missed when you are gone for periods of time. But you do make the heart grow fonder! And when you get to come back more often...we are so delighted just to be in your presence.
Judy and Luanne...it was kind of quiet for a few days on here wasn't it? I just love it when it is busy and we have to move over and share space on the swings, gliders, rockers and everyone is talken up a storm at once...it is just heaven on earth isn't it? I know we all get busy this time of year...but hey, we all deserve a break once or twice a day. Just 10 minutes on the Porch is like a little Mini-Vacation! It revives and refreshes the soul!
Staci...you were very perceptive to notice how early I was on the Porch the other morning! I have been in pain but it hasn't been intolerable but it is messing with my sleep something fierce. We have been having a lot of rain fronts moving in and out. I had to get up last night and take extra pain medication. Hoping to be able to make it to my Bible Study Christmas Party tonight...and then we break until after New Years. Besides our yearly Retreat to the Oregon Coast, this is our other really Special Event...and nobody likes missing it for any reason. It just makes Christmas...Christmas in our hearts and lives.
Theresa...I made those Ritz,Peanut Butter,dipped Chocolate cookies yesterday to take tonight. Gave my hubby and son a couple to try and man they were a hit. I really liked them too. (I must have eaten 6 of them...just testing them out you know!) My Bad!
Pam...Where are you at Sweet girl? Busy, Busy, Busy...if I know you! But take a break and come chat for a few minutes!
Megan...how are the rehab exercises going? Did you get all your Christmas Gifts finished that you were making? Are your friends dropping by to hang-out with you while you rehab? I am still praying that you heal fast and completely! With no residule problems, when all is said and done.

OK Porchies...can I vent a minute? I think you'll remember my sharing about the Smoking Shack that they built right by my bed-room window. Well, OK, I don't like it at all but...I have been trying to maintain a good attitude and not let it keep me worked up and fretting. BUT my little dog Bella can't rationalize all this like I can. Having all the extra foot traffic past our Apartment door everyday, and having people right outside our window chatting and laughing is freaking her out. So, she is continually barking (which I am working with her to calm down) but for the last two weeks...whenever I leave her I come back and she has done something destructive. Like Scratching paint off the walls in two separate places or crashing through the barrier I put up to keep her in the back of the Apartment so she doesn't stand at the front door barking at everyone who passes by while I am gone. Then last night my DH and I came back after a couple hours running errands
and she had scratched a hole clear through the carpeting. UGH! She is three and I have had her since she was 7 weeks old. She is not normally destructive. I don't know what to do with her...but she is going to destroy this Apartment. I hate to have to Kennel her because she hates being caged up...but I think I have no recourse but to do that. Do any of you have any suggestions? I also don't want to be kicked out of here because she is misbehaving (albeit very badly). My youngest son Manages another Property Management Company...so, I can get his people to come in and fix the walls and carpet for less than my Apartment company would but that is beside the point...I need to fix her behavior.

Well, better go. I need to rest for awhile.

Christmas Blessings To All My Sweet Porchies,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 09 2010 12:45:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  1:03:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I'm still here in California. Good days and not so good days but I'm maintaining. Trying to make lists to get me up and going every day. I have decided to only stay until the first of the year. I don't have the money to sit here any longer. My realtor said the bank would make a decision on the offer within 3 weeks. That was almost a week ago. One good thing is the paper work they just sent me...for the 6th time by the way. Said they would pay me $3000.00 for moving expenses when the sale goes through. I know they haven't had any other offers so I'm really hoping they take this one. Please say big prayers for me... "please release me Chase Bank!". Anyway, my family plans on coming up for Christmas. I'm happy for that..all my decorations are packed and in storage but I don't think anyone really cares. They are just glad we get to spend it together. It's all about chocolate and turkey around here. We decided two years ago to stop giving presents. Money was just too tight and that's not really what it's all about anyway. We didn't seem to suffer for it.
Peggy and Darlene, thank you so much for the Christmas Cards. I realized I stopped sending them so many years ago because I stopped getting them from other people. I know so many people don't do it anymore. I really want to do the Christmas ornament swap, I'm just afraid with me in such limbo... I don't want to flake on my month. Is there a month after June that is available? I should be settled by then and able to do something decent.
Angela, I'm sorry to hear about your Christmas issues. But it looks like you have made the best of it. It doesn't take much to get in the spirit..One year my dad brought home a very homely little tree. We called it the Charlie Brown tree and it was a tradition for years with our family. Even when we had a nice big tree... there was still the Charlie Brown tree to remind us that it doesn't take much.
Darlene, I'm glad your beagle is doing a little better. I have been with sick animals before and it is so hard. It's like a baby that can't tell you how they feel. You were wonderful to stay with him.
I'll say prayers for all my sisters having a hard time. I hope things get better soon. So far I'm hanging in there and ok.

Happy Christmas Wishes for Everyone!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  1:25:54 PM  Show Profile
This is more like the talkative porch I know!
Bunny, you will be in my prayers, and I hope you have a good holiday season with your family:)
Peggy, my rehab exercises are going well, and I'll probably start physical therapy in the next few weeks or so. As for your dog situation, I don't have much experience with dogs, but is there a neighbor or someone who could watch your pooch when you go out so you don't have to leave her alone?
Lida, your trip sounds so wonderful! Hopefully my junior year I'll be able to travel to Ecuador for a week or so to help at the Working Boys Center in Quito.
Monica, always good to see you:)
Tammy, I remember being one of those chatty kids during the holidays! I still am, but not so much in class anymore!
Today is more rehabing, more crocheting, more reading, and more schoolwork! I really need to get a jump on my Biology and Math homework, though... My two least favorite subjects. I'll maybe bring some work to the porch!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  1:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everyone! Sorry for being MIA but the past couple of weeks have been very trying. First, our furnace went out, then our ice maker, next Mark's hard drive in his computer and then he got "let go" from two bands he plays with and quit another one so everything has been up in the air lately. We are doing fine but I think our electronics and appliances have gremlins.

Thank you Darlene and Peggy for the wonderful card-it brightened up my day. Work has been busy too. Work drama-as usual but nothing too demanding. I am trying to finish up Christmas presents and make sure Mark stays in the Christmas spirit. Lots of holiday cartoons and Hallmark movies and treats should do the trick. Tomorrow we are going on a baking frenzy! We are suppose to get between 1-3 inches of rain so it's definitely going to be a nice inside activity day. Plus, I got a new candy thermometer that I want to try out. Can anyone say FUDGE?! :) Much love to everyone-I am thinking of all of you.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  2:01:36 PM  Show Profile
Darlene and Peggy-I was so excited to get your cards, thank you sooooo much!!!

Darlene-take care of yourself, herniated discs are miserable..no wonder why your hands go numb!

Lida- so glad your trip went well, but the comment about the little boy is so sad. Ever since having my own, I can't imagine a child alone without someone to love on them every minute of the day

Tammy- take the time for yourself, I don't want another porch sister having a heart attack!

Hannah- so good to hear from you. I've seen a few posts from you on other boards but it's always good to have you visit on the porch a bit

Peggy-what if you left the tv on or some music to drown out the noise from the people in the shack? Or could you put her in another room where she wouldn't feel so protective? Tough spot to be in, I'm not a fan of kenneling either so I understand.

Ok, so sign me up for the ornament swap, but give me one for later in the year so it gives me time to work on them. I have to admit it's too fun to get wonderful little surprises in the mail from you ladies from time to time.
Nothing too exciting for me here. I finally just told my hubby to give his parents a fraction of what they were looking for in the way of the money loan. My stomach was just torn up over it and I just needed to make a decision. They have done so much for us, and me, over the years I just felt like I should do something for them. Turns out, they may not need it now (we'll know tomorrow). But I just go by the motto of "down loan anything you cant afford to lose". I would never think that they wouldn't pay us back, I'm only worried about if they literally can't pay us back. They economy is just soooo bad right now and I only think it's going to get worse, but my consience wouldn't let me say no completely to them. They have loaned us a car (that we still have), will drive 2 hours one way to babysit the kids (they are the only ones I trust),when my husband and I were dating and he got really depressed...they were there. They help us move every time we've moved...just too much stuff to mention. Plus they introduced me to their son in the first place. Anyways, as soon as I agreed to a smaller loan, my stomach stopped killing me so I figure it's the right decision. So we will see what happens.

talk to ya'll later

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Dec 09 2010 2:03:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  2:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-I'm sorry I missed the post about Bella. What kind of dog is she? Have you used rescue remedy before? We use it for Lola when we go on trips because she has separation anxiety in the car. What about treat training and clicker training. Her mood can be fixed. It will just take some time. Poor little girl!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  4:32:05 PM  Show Profile
Dana...We leave music on in both our bedrooms, shut my bedroom door where the noise comes from. She can only roam the hallway, one bedroom and bathroom. Don't know what to do with her for sure. But thanks for your suggestion. She is a Shih Tzu Mix and very sweet but extremely barky and getting worse.

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  4:52:33 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I know this may not be possible because you're in an apartment and rent, but you could try getting soundproof window panes and a soundproof door. Again, it may not be possible, but just a suggestion!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  6:18:46 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Ladies,
I started out the day by going out for breakfast with my son. He is in town for his monthly meeting with the Navy recruiter. The time for him to leave for boot camp is getting closer everyday. He is still working out of town on my brother's dairy farm raising calves until he leaves in early February.

After breakfast was a full day at work, then on to exciting stuff here at home- Oh so exciting- I am seasoning all of my cast iron cookware in the oven as I type! Woo hoo! I found a cast iron Christmas cookie mould at a thrift store and it needed to be seasoned, so I decided to treat as many pans as I can fit into my oven. Yup, fun times here!

One of the neat fun things that I got to do while in Guatemala was take a ride on their public transportation buses! Yes, I road a "chicken" bus all by myself with 60 strangers. I made sure I had nothing worth stealing if the bus was robbed by banditos. Also, I figured that if there was anyone on the bus who was going to bother or threaten me that there were at least 60 other people on the bus who would protect me. Riding the bus was the only way that I could spend some extra time at the orphanage. The hour long ride was beautiful, fun and I felt very safe.

Peggy- I have no suggestions for your little doggie. I love dogs but I don't know much about training them. (As is evidenced by my dog's behavior.) Crating her might be the best route. Enjoy your Bible study Christmas get together.

Dana- So glad that you were able to make a decision that brings you peace. Your in-laws sound like great people. Yes Dana, that little boy's life is sad. He and scores of other children he lives with are not cherished by anyone. They all have disabilities and are not valued. They receive good health care, plain but nourishing food, and a clean environment. They do not receive education, vocational training, spiritual nurturing and love or encouragement. It is very hard to walk away from him and know that it could be months before someone else comes and loves on him. I was the first one to hold him in at least 6 months. When one of the regular volunteers saw who I was holding she said, "Oh, you have one of the forgotten ones." He is not forgotten by Father God. He is precious to him.

Megan- What are you crocheting? I am glad that you are taking care of your leg and following your rehab plans. Watch out world, here comes Megan!

Bunny- You are right, being together with family is what the season is about. God gave us the best gift of all when he gave us Jesus. Prayers for your house to sell.

Judy- Sorry about your headache. I get headaches with seasonal changes. Yuck. The kershaw squash tastes very much like pumpkin. I am going to make some more breads and scones out of the frozen pulp this weekend.

Monica- Is your mom okay? Did she go home from the hospital?

What type of recipe are we sharing now? When we were doing crockpot recipes I was going to share my crockpot oatmeal, but I got so busy I never did.

Have a blessed evening and night!

Peace.
Lida

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  7:26:40 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
It has been a very busy day. I think it has been a busy whole lotta days.

Peggy~I believe you are right. I am on overload with no time for me. I am also one who truly needs that time to refuel. Honestly I have had not one bit of it. I give and do but don't take the time to refuel and that is part of the problem. I usually enjoy Christmas but it is overwhelming this year with being so busy. It really is stressing and then there is school with my dear little butterflies who bless their hearts are so excited but wear me out by the end of the day. They can't wait for Christmas. I so appreciate your prayers. I wish I knew how to help you with your dera Bella. But I will pray for all of you.

Megan~ so glad you are doing well.

Lida~ so glad to see you back. Your trip sounds wonderful.

Dana~glad you were able to find peace. That is something we all need.

To all the rest I have not named you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I left yall some Christmas cookies and Christmas tea. This lady is heading to bed.

love and hugs
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page