Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  05:28:06 AM  Show Profile
That was beautiful Staci - thank you so much! You always seem to know the right words to say.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  08:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Staci-you are such an amazing woman. I am so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for your prayer.

I'm sorry a lot of people are having a troubled time right now. It is so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but I know it's there. We are strong amazing women with incredible friends and family to support us when we fall.

PS-I would love to sign up for the swap-I would like February.

PPS-Chase bank is the worst ever!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  09:14:06 AM  Show Profile
Amen! We are in agreement. Blessing on us each and every one. Back to work for me.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  09:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Staci...Beautiful and Thank You for your kindness and knowing how and what to pray. Ditto!!! You are on for July and Thanks for joining! Prayers for your DH job situation.

Pam...Staying warm? You are right...We are strong and amazing women that only get stronger by the bonds we share. You have February and Thanks for joining!

Year Long Monthly Ornament Swap Participants so far are

December...Darlene
January....Peggy
February...Pam
July.......Staci

Come fill in the empty spots and by next December we will all have the same 12 Porchie ornaments and lots of memories to go with them. They don't have to be elaborate. Make them whatever and however you want.

You are all soooo special to me. I don't know what I would do without you!
Be Blessed and know that The Loving Hand of God is on us as we go through this day. Peace!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  09:25:26 AM  Show Profile
I can wiegh in on chase bank! We had a mortgage through them once. They started us out with the payment we agreed upon and over the first year they doubled it claiming the insurance and taxes were more than they thought. They are liars and they suck!

Dana...I think maybe your right about the money thing. My DH said maybe you should talk to them about only doin a smaller amount and them gettin the rest from a bank or something. That would keep down on their payments and keep you from bein completely out as well.

Megan...You are definitely on our minds and hearts today. We're prayin for you.

My DH is on his second phone conversation with the company. They are verifyin his previous work experience today! We really feel this means good things! I will keep Staci's hubby on the list as well. Hopefully it will not be long that he's lookin for work.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  09:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I just have to say that I love how positive and uplifting we are here. We all come from different backgrounds, different ideology and yet we come here together with love and respect. The world could learn a lot from us. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  10:25:53 AM  Show Profile
Staci...that was a beautiful prayer (even though I know you were talking to God heart to heart and
not looking for accolades.) It brings great comfort to all who know that they are covered in prayer!Thank You! We continue to pray for your hubby too!

Pam...you are so right, we all come from different backgrounds, life experiences and different parts of the Country...but on this Porch we are all Sisters by love and mutual respect of each other. There is no greater Community than that of a Sisterhood of Women united in purpose and prayer for each other. Our purpose may be to have fun and be of an encouragement to each other. But we go way beyond that here. We are Gifts to Each Other Tied Together With Heartstrings!

Megan...darlen, when I pray for you I see The Great Physician standing in that operating room with your Team of Dr.'s and Nurses. He is watching over you and guiding their hands and heads.

One of The young mother's in my Bible Study Group that I teach, her 4 yr. old little girl Mia...is having
corrective Eye-Surgery today. So, please keep her and her entire Family in your prayers today. Every Mother
and Grandmother would rather take their child's place in times like this and keep them from having to go
through these difficult times. But alas...we must remember they are only our Children-On-Loan from God. And he loves them even more than we do. That is why I am so confident that He stands in both surgical rooms today.

Darlene...this is going to be a Fun Swap. Just the fact that we make twelve ornaments just for our ONE Month...is like the coolest idea and then the next 11 months we get to just look forward to going to our mail box and seeing what everyone else made for us. Just remember girls that when it is your month...you need to make one for yourself also!

I just finished reading a really good series of books. Wondering if any of you gals have read them? It is an Amish Trilogy Series called "Sisters of the Quilt" by Cindy Woodsmall book 1 is When the Heart Cries book 2 is When Morning Comes and book 3 is When the Soul Mends. What a great series! It was on Religious Legalism/Family Dynamics/and Healing Family Dysfunction

Well, Ladies...I am off to work on a couple of projects. Have my Bible Study tonight! Have a Delightful and
Encouraging Day! And whatever you find to do today...do it in Rest, Relaxation and Joy!

Blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 02 2010 10:32:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  5:05:06 PM  Show Profile
The prayers are workin Girls!

My DH got a call this evenin from the company and they want him to go take his drug test and stuff in the mornin! We still don't have a definite yes from them, but they wouldn't spend the money on him if they weren't gonna say yes. My little sister(24y/o mind you, not really so little) has offered to loan us the gas money we need to get him started. It's nice to not have that to worry about. I think we're seein daylight here!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  6:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Angela...Praise the Lord. You're right, they won't spend the money if they're not interested! Things are looking up. Extra hard prayers coming too!

Peggy...Everytime we look at our ornaments we'll know everyone else is connected to us! I love this porch and my sisters!

Sign up for a month of ornaments and join our fun. Months left are, March, April, May, June, August, September, October and November. Hurry, hurry so I know who to send my ornamenys to. Never can have to much fun!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  4:47:04 PM  Show Profile
He got the job!!

They told my DH on the phone today that so long as he passes his physical and drug test he had the job. He passed the physical and we know he passed his drug test, we just have to wait till monday for the actual results.

We are both so excited and so relieved. I don't want to see him gone everyday, but what must be must be. I am glad that there will be an easier life ahead as far as bein sure the bills are paid each month. It's kinda wierd, cause I've gotten used to him bein here all the time and now I kinda don't want him to be gone all day. I guess I'll re-adjust with a little time.

I was a little excited when he said he'd see if they allow riders and try to take me along once in a while. I used to ride with him all the time before the baby was born. I really liked it. I think it would be nice to get to ride in the big truck agian.

I'm off to find something to munch on and to veg out in front of the tv for a while. It's time to relax. We have our biggest hurdle jumped!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  5:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Angela...Whew! Praise God for the good He did! I'm happy for you!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  9:29:27 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, I would like to sign up for August!
Hello everyone! Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts; I think they worked! So yesterday was okay! My Mom's car didn't start, so our neighbor drove us to the hospital. We got there, and I went up to get prepared. I was okay, then my Mom started helping me get changed, and I started to cry. I didn't stop, so when I was done getting dressed, my Dad walked around with me, I calmed down, and they gave me some relaxing medicine. After the nurse put the IV in, I was pretty much loopy! I remember getting wheeled into the OR, and they didn't even get a chance to tell me to start counting! I woke up, fell back asleep in recovery, woke up, and fell asleep again. I woke up and they wheeled me back to my parents. I was off and on, until finally they said I was ready to be discharged. I was so happy to be home, and right now I'm using my icemachine to keep comfy. I'll be out for the next week, but all the time to crochet and read! Thanks again for the prayers, and I'll definitely have time to stay in touch!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  11:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Well my little friend Megan...So glad everything went well! I'm so glad to hear from you so soon. I was thinking of you all day and praying and it worked. You are signed up for August, thanks for joining! Hang in there and I'll be checking in on you often. Just like a mother, right? LOL!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  12:00:45 AM  Show Profile
Megan...Glad everything went good. Tears of Nervousness are to be expected. God gives us tears for a reason. They are great stress-relievers for one! Heal Fast and enjoy your recoup time.

Little Mia came through her eye-surgery with flying colors too! PTL!

Angela...Congrats to you and hubby! You have had many prayers and good thoughts surrounding your little family. God is Good...ALL THE TIME!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  07:08:01 AM  Show Profile
Angela-yeah!!!so glad hubby got the the job...what a relief0

Megan-So glad you went thru everything with flying colors

Peggy-so glad Mias eye surgery went well;eye surgery always scares me so glad it went well

Darlene and Angela-thanks for the advice. I talked to them a few days ago and told the in-laws that if we didn't have kids, I would give them whatever they needed but with things are going in the econcomy and world, I have to put their security first and couldn't lend that kind of money. We decided that once we know how much the well for the property is going to cost, then we may be able to lend a smaller amount. Thank goodness hubby feels the same way...especially since it is the money my dad left us. I feel really guilty for not helping but on the other hand, when we were losing our house, we never asked for any money and dealt with the problem ourselves. I've tried to tell myself that just giving money for the problem they are in isn't actually helping them in the long term. But I told them that they always have a home with us if ever the need arises. We will see what happens in the next week

Stay warm and dry everyone!

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Dec 04 2010 07:09:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  07:35:03 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Wow! So many wonderful things happening right now! How wonderful to share in everyone's joy.

Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  08:07:53 AM  Show Profile
A cool 37 degrees here where i am so im sittin on the porch rocking and drinking hot cappacinio. Watching snow fall. Anyone wanna join me?

I am loving my country life all the time!!!!

Edited by - Marcia30 on Dec 04 2010 08:08:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  08:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Marcia, that sounds so wonderful and peaceful. I'll join you!

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  08:46:00 AM  Show Profile
I'm drinkin my own coffee blend if anyone wants any. I'm watchin the snow fall through my front window while my birds enjoy my front porch. My feet are freezin from the snow playin earlier. Now the baby is snuggled under her 2 favorite blankets snoozin, my 10y/o is makin wrappin paper for christmas, and my 16y/o is snowed in at her grandmas. I have some quiet time to sip my coffee in my house slippers and watch this one little bird build a nest in the baby's swing on the front porch. My DH will be home from helpin a friend move in a little bit and he'll be ready to start on dinner. I'm teachin him how to make stew tonight and he's teachin me how to make biscuits. It should be a pleasant evenin.

I'm so glad everyone's surgeries have been good. I'll keep the recoveries in our prayers.

Dana...I'm so glad things seem to be workin out for you. I know how scary money talks can be. I hate them more than laundry!! LOL! Things will work out.

I'll try to get a picture of the little bird in the swing tomorrow when I take the stale bread out for them. It is so cute and tiny in that baby swing! It makes me think of a postcard!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  09:05:29 AM  Show Profile
Dana...hard decision...but the right one for your family. It is YOUR money from your dad, you should have all final say on what is done with it! I am glad your hubby was in agreement, but even if he wasn't...it is your money. Every family needs a little Nest Egg but if you let others guilt you out of that...pretty quickly your Nest only has 'feathers' in it to fall back on. And I agree with Darlene...family and loans usually are a heap of trouble! If you want to help anyone...then you just freely give them the money with no strings attached (not a loan). If you can't do that then don't give it! I'm proud of you for putting your OWN family first.
Marcia...I would love some capaccino (sp?) and watch the snow fall with you from the Porch. We are getting cold and windy weather today. My hubby is at work and I am just going to cozy in today!
Angela...I would love to see that picture of your bird in the swing! Sounds charming! I make great baking powder biscuits...now you've gone and made me hungry for them! Do you like biscuits and gravy? OK...enough about food!
Pam...Are you Watching the Civil War Game today? Maybe I should ask you IF you are even into Sports at all??? I think I am going to have a totally lazy day...stay in my P.J.'s and snuggle on the sofa with some coffee, crafting, Bella my dog and watch the Big Game. I want the Oregon Ducks!

Well, back to working on Christmas Cards. Everyone Enjoy The Blessings
Of Your Day! Remember that Miracles are usually in the Mundane (the everyday things of LIFE!) Look for them...they are all around you!

Hugs,Smiles,and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 04 2010 09:20:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  09:46:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm sitting here this morning sipping my second cup of chai tea. I'm moving slowly and need to get more motivated. I have folded 3 loads of laundry, transferred a load to the dryer, and started my sheets - put a couple drops of a top grade lavendar EO in to scent them. Let my border collies, Tip & Lacey, out to chase squirrels out of the yard - Tip is positive that squirrels are really evil. I love watching them try to herd the squirrels.

Gearing up to go shopping for our Christmas tree. Can't wait to get the house decorated for the holiday. Halloween is my favorite holiday but Christmas is a close second. Should be interesting this year with our 4 month old kitten getting into trouble :O) She's currently trying to crawl up my leg with her nails (ouch).

Megan: Sorry you had a rough time right before the surgery. Sometimes the unknown can be rough on us mentally. So glad the surgery went well and you're home already. Make sure not to push yourself too much especially the first couple days. (Do I sound like a mom of 4? LOL)

Angela: Glad to hear your husband got the job. What a blessing in this job market. I've always thought it would be fun to ride in a rig but would never want to drive one.

Peggy: Totally agree that loans and families don't mix. Even Dave Ramsey says not to loan family money or if you feel you must then plan on it being a gift because you'll probably never be repaid.

Hope everybody has an awesome day :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  12:00:46 PM  Show Profile
Angela- would love to see pics of the nest, how cute!

Stuck at work when I would much rather be home with my family, but 6 more months and i'll get to work just when I want to ( as long as I don't get fired first...I tend to tell it like it is and corporate world doesn't tend to appreciate that)
I so agree with you ladies that you don't lend money unless you can afford to not get it back. Im just in shock that they even asked. I still consider it our money, not just mine even though it was my dads and I really believe in making our financial decisions together...but I sure am glad hubby agrees with me.
Well everyone,enjoy your tea and coffee and stay snuggled up

Dana-farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Dec 04 2010 12:04:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  12:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Tammy...My hubby is gonna be somewhat close to you each day. He's goin to a little town right by Ann Arbor droppin off each day. He said he wanted to take me with him at least once since I hadn't been that direction with him yet. I've been to Illinois, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Kentucky with him, but I missed out on the Michigan runs. I love Halloween too! It's my favorite holiday because it's my anniversary!

My hubby may get to help his best friend with this job too! The lady he's been talkin to sent him an email askin if he knew any other drivers in the area that need work. She said there is 3 more positions that need filled. His best friend is a driver too. That poor guy has 8 kids and has been out of work longer than my hubby has. They are about to lose their house. My hubby had to go past his house to get to the friend he's helpin move, so he stopped in and dropped off the application for him to fill out. He picked it up on his way home and is gonna get it scanned into the computer and sent in for him. I hope this works out for them both. I know they'd like to be able to work together agian, they really enjoyed it a few years ago when they got to run to tennessee together.

I need to figure out what we're gonna do about a tree this year and I haven't even started on my cards yet. Boy, you ladies make me feel like I'm 3 miles behind in this holiday race!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  1:23:10 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad to hear some good news from all you ladies. Megan, I'm glad your surgery went well. I know you will be healed up soon.
Angela, So glad to hear about the job. It's about time someone was hiring. I hope your husbands friend gets one too. This time of year is so hard on families with no money.

I'm waiting for my turn. The realitor said the bank told her they would take 3 weeks to decide if they want to accept the offer that went in 2 weeks ago.they of course are dragging their feet. They know I'm sitting here with no income. I know they will get reimbursed by the government for any loss.. so what's the big deal. I figure I'm here for at least the next 4 weeks. I signed up with a temp agency in town but they said they didn't have anything right now. It can be hard to think positive when you are going downhill fast without brakes. I look at all the things that have gone wrong the last 2 years and have a hard time thinking things are going to go my way. But I figure if I keep saying it... I'll start to believe it.
At least I'll get to spend Christmas with my family. We were going to be all split up without anyway to get together. At least I have that.
I have been writing down positive affirmations to keep my mind in a positive mode...

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  1:31:18 PM  Show Profile
Angela - Ann Arbor is about an hour south west from me so he is driving fairly close. My family is from the Walkerton/Plymouth area of Indiana so I travel back and forth periodically. Not as often as my mother would like but what can I say. I have't been to Wisconsin myself so you're one up on me there. I love to travel and would love to visit there and go back to Minnesota again.

I feel behind in the Christmas race myself. The kids and I always use to decorate the tree and house Thanksgiving day while the turkey was roasting. My fiance just refuses to let me decorate before December and its throwing me off. Oh well, I'll do what I can and not fret to much about what I can't.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page