Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  12:44:45 AM  Show Profile
Pam...Hope you don't have to continue with that job too much longer. Let me know when your new Crafster Videos are up for viewing.
Darlene...your nerve damage sounds very painful. And so does
husbands outbursts of anger. It is amazing that most of the time emotional pain is more painful than physical pain. In fact we would much prefer physical to emotional most of the time. Praying for you! Hugs! Also, thanks for sending out the B-day List!
Janet...it is so interesting that there seems to be an entire middle child crisis at the moment in the lives of many people. Heartstrings are strong bonding chords! Love will prevail!

Today I went to my Cardiologist and I hadn't been in 9 years...I thought it had only been four or five (how time flies) but he said that there have been a lot of Changes and advancements in the Cardio Field. So, he is going to have one of his colleagues, Dr. Green oblate my heart arrhythmia. I have an extra 10,000 heartbeats in a 24 hour period. I have had to have my heart stopped and restarted twice. Once they do the oblation I will never have problems with a whacked out heart, beating dangerously out of control again. No more hospital episodes that scare my family nearly to death. So, I am very excited to have this done. IT will also allow me to get off of 2 heart medications! Yahoo. Getting off any meds is a good thing!
I go in 2 days before Christmas for an Echocardiogram and a consultation with the surgeon. So, I am sure the surgery won't be until after The Holidays and in to the new year.

Well My Porchies...back at you tomorrow~I'm ready for a good nights sleep!

Hugs and smiles,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/PeggySmithsStudio.html#

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

Merry Heart Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Janet
Ackerman Mississippi
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  07:11:06 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I can certainly understand not being able to do anything until all the info is known. We will just pray that God will send you a miracle for physical and emotional healing soon. So sorry about the hubby. I lived with an alcholic who drank for 13 years so I can certainly understand some of that. He certainly wasn't as bad as it could be but I lost a good chunk of living a normal life and of participating in activities during that time. Will pray. We sent the kids to public school the first year. There is soooo much that goes on even in the younger grades. The 6 year old was in k4 and you know how kids can be - one day they are your friend, the next not; if you don't bring a certain toy to school they won't play with you, etc. He is the one that takes the brunt of this whole situation so that just causes even more emotional issues. So, that is just one reason why we are homeschooling.

BTW, we do have two houses. The way that I wrote that it sounds like she moved the boyfriend in under our noses and we didn't even know. My husband had a house when we married and I did too.

Oh Peggy, I am so glad that they are going to be able to do that for you. I will praying for that also. Would that help your fibro at all - maybe lesser stresses on your body? I sure hope so. You are an amazing woman.

As well as all these other porchies on here! Life is tough but it is nice to share it with all you ladies.

Well, I stayed up late relaxing, then got up a little later than I had intended (but I needed all of that) soooooo I need to get in double high gear cleaning today so I may not be on here for a while.

Have a great weekend and I will be come out on the porch later in weekend or next week.

May God bless you all!

Have a great and blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  07:24:01 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-keep us posted about testing/doctor's visit/surgery. Let me know if you need anything. I'm not too far away.

Darlene-I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time right now. Please take care of yourself both mentally and physically. Gentle hugs coming your way.

Janet-you are in my thoughts sweetie.

It's suppose to snow here this weekend. It's kind of exciting since it's so early in the season. I work really close to home so if it did, I would walk to work. We are just about ready for Thanksgiving. It's just gonna be Mark and I so it will be a nice romantic dinner. I'm gearing up for Christmas. My favorite time of the year! We will decorate the 1st and then get our tree that weekend. It's gonna be a tight Christmas but who cares-it will be wonderful and filled with lots of love.

Oh yeah! We might be getting chickens in the spring!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  07:24:37 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-I was so excited for you to be able to move away from that horrible smoke! I'm so sorry it didn't work out. Is there any way they can move it somewhere else? Good luck with the ablation; I've had alot of patients go thru it very successfully and it definitely is liberating to get off any meds

Darlene-what a tough situation, nerve pain is horrible and not being able to feel your hands? Oh my goodness...

Bunny-Don't feel too bad about your house, our bank foreclosed on us after our first child was born and when we offered to sell the house for what we could get and take out a personal loan to pay the balance, they told us no because they didn't have any programs like that. Whatever. This was about 2 years ago and they had absolutely no incentive to work out anything with us. But, now it's the best thing we could have done and it's not as horrible as it seems while going thru it. You'll come out the other side and will probably be better for it. Easier said than done, but try not to worry about it too much.

Angela- sounds like you are starting to get back into the swing of things, glad to hear you're doing better

Welcome to all the newbies too!

I don't have much experience to add any valuable advice with the child problems except to say that it's never easy and there is no one right answer. You can only do so much for your children, the rest is up to them. Sometimes it is all about perception and it's hard to change that in people. I feel for everyone and will be praying for a happy resolution

I have to say a huge thanks to Theresa for not just one, but two adorable Christmas pins! I can't wait to wear them to work on my smock and show off a bit!!!!(Not to mention my sweaters for the next month) Thank you so much!!!!!!

Well, off to work. Have a good day everyone. It's snowy and cold here today. I wish I could stay home with hubby and the kids and enjoy the next storm that is supposed to roll in

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  11:08:18 AM  Show Profile
My prayer today is for "peace in every way" to all of my fellow sisters here on the virtual porch. Sending hugs, brownies and a warm cup of tea to each of you. Stay blessed, Denise

Appreciate the little things, for they are not really that little.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  11:19:16 AM  Show Profile
Janet, thank you so much!
I've been a little MIA lately. I've just been a little overwhelmed with school. I'm definitely not complaining; I chose my high school knowing that it would be a lot of work. This week has just been a little crammed! Now I have the weekend to relax and do some work on some long term projects for school. Then, two days of school next week, and Michigan, here I come! I'm so happy to get the week off and just sit back. Though I will have to be doing stuff for when I'm out of school for a week. In 13 days, I will have a new knee. Well, not a new knee, but a new ligament. The way he explained it is that he will take part of my patellar ligament, and sew that in where my ACL should be. Basically, my ACL is like very frayed yarn, therefore they can not just go in and sew it back together. I'm scared, but also happy to be getting it fixed.
Last night my Mom and I went to Cirque Dreamz Holidaze, and it was amazing! My Mom wanted me to have some fun before I'm out of commission for a while. This year was finally going to be the year my Dad and I saw the Nutcracker, and I probably won't be able to sit in a theater like that for a while. Next year for sure though! May everyone's today be filled with joy and spirit!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  11:40:21 AM  Show Profile
We are havin cake and ice cream tonight for my dad's and my youngest daughter's birthdays. My oh so sweet hubby was up very late last night makin a german chocolate cake for my dad from scratch. He is makin an apple pie for our daughter this afternoon from scratch. My mom is supposed to bring the ice cream. Last night my hubby was teasin her for not makin it from scratch and for just buyin it at the store. She kept tellin him she made the money to buy it with so that should be close enough. Now the whole family is havin a ball teasin her sayin she's 'makin' money and wantin to know what kinda printer you need for that job and stuff! She made a bad choice on her words with this family! LOL!

My hubby ran to the store for flour today and came home with 35lbs worth! I was about to fall on the floor laughin. Then I realized he was serious. He wants me to make noodles for 3 or 4 days so he has lots of extras in the freezer for some recipes he has found. He has also decided he wants me to teach him to make rolls, bread, and cinnamon rolls from scratch. He is determined to be able to do everything from scratch and he wants to start competeing in some of the cookin and bakin contests. He is also lookin into what would have to be done to start his own business and sell some of his homemade goods. I guess I created a monster teachin him to cook!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  12:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh Angela! At least your hubby is taking an interest in your hobbies! Happy Birthday to your Dad and dd!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Marcia30
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcia
Mt. Carmel IL
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  1:17:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey got your email Denise. Thanks! I love sitting in my hot tub especially at night. I can't wait to sit out there when the snow is falling. Good thing my hot tub is under the back porch over hang or what you would call the roof i guess??

I am loving my country life all the time!!!!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  5:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thanks friends for all the support and prayers.

Update to porchie list. Megan's last name is Deitrich not Deitrick. Cherime has a last name and it is MacFarlane.

Judy email me all your info please.

Peggy...Gee after 9 years and they want to operate already. LOL! My niece had it done years ago and she has been fine ever since. It will do wonders for you. Son situation pulls at your heartstrings but you will work it out. Is he close to his brothers? Don't be hard on yourself. None of us are perfect and do I wish I had or hadn't done some things where my kids are concerned? You bet. The past is the past. The present is for moving forward and doing the best you can. When I decided not to accept the blame for everything in everyone's life a big burden just slid off my back. I always was the caretaker, peacemaker, moneymaker, organizer and you name it. In the long run if they don't like the results the only one hurt and exhausted is you. I wasted my life on way to much that wasn't appreciated, just expected. The Hubby flipped the other day because he had to fold his wash. He told me that was my wifely duties and he was going to ask other men if they had to do it. Hello.....my arms and hands are numb! Whatever! Praying for you!

Janet...Poor kids. Some kids can be so cruel! What the heck is wrong with the parents. They don't take the time to teach their kids anything. Cruelty is a way of life anymore. I don't get it. At least you were smart and got them out. You have your hands full...praying for you all.

Pam...Thanks for your concern. You are so lucky to have such a nice relationship with your husband. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving just the 2 of you!

Dana...Snow? In Reno? How are those arms doing? What kind of bread are you making?

Blessings, Peace and Sister Love to you all!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  5:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello my sweet ones,
I brought English Breakfast tea and scones. I tell you the holiday madness has begun and talk about unkind people. I met my share today. I just said a prayer for every one of them. I came home and had a big pot of tea. I needed groceries and things...but yikes it was madness.

Peggy I love Jane Austen. She is my favorite author. So I will be adding that book to my list. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite. I got your sweet package today. Sorry to hear you can't move but happy to hear your heart issues will be solved soon. Praising the Lord.

Darlene I got your email. Thank you for taking such good care of us.

Angela so glad you are doing better. Praying your celebrations go well.

Megan my dear so glad to see you.

To the newbies welcome to our porch. The ladies here are truly my sisters. Just love them dearly. So to have new ones is great.

It is cold here may have drizzle later and suppose to be very cold week. I think I will be drinking lots of tea.

yall take care
love ya
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  6:13:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Well it's Sat. night and I had a few minutes to try to catch up here. So much going on.

This week was a 70+ hour week so I've been a little behind... Not complaining mind you, just a bit tired.

Prayers to everyone and will try to finish my reading tomorrow. Just stopped by to share a cup of tea and say hello from a fellow MIA farmgirl.

Hi to all the newbees you will love it here on the porch.

Hope to be able to log on tomorrow and chat for a while. Maybe if I get up really early and get my chores done, I'll be able to do so.

Night my cyber friends and bless all.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  7:30:42 PM  Show Profile
Darlene-lol! The arms are doing good :-) I usually make a sourdough bread but I'm definitely facing a learning curve with the new flour. It's gonna take some time to figure out how to get it as fluffy as the store bought flour. It snows quite a bit in Reno, but usually melts off pretty quickly. So far I'm not impressed with this storm. The news has had people in a panic here as if it was the storm of the century but so far we've seen maybe an inch that has stuck on the grass. Hopefully tonight we'll get a bit more...I just love it!

Megan-I forgot to say good luck on your surgery and I hope you can get on soon after and let us know how you are!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  12:39:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Dana! 12 days now!
Back to the books today!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  1:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Megan-I just love the Nutcracker and was planning on seeing it Live this year. It's been almost 20 years since I saw it Live.
Angela-You lucky girl...You may have created a monster, but he's a Sweetie of a monster. My DH likes to cook on the grill and he cans Pepper-butter. That's about it for him. After that it's burnt popcorn and burnt toast(his favs mind you) YUK! I hate just the smell of burnt anything.
Marcia-How wonderful a hottub sounds while it's snowing...how "Winter-Special" mmmmm...With a hot drink...oh...I'm a gonner...
...ok I'm back.LOL *sigh*
Darlene-Thanks for the name and addresses of all these great gals. Time to start my Christmas Cards soon. I sent you all of my info. :)
Dana-I can't believe there's snow in Reno when there's no snow in NE Ohio. Weird! hahaha I'm ready for some snow! We actually have 62 today. No wonder we all have the "Gunge", coughing, sniffling, sneezing and completely drained. We need cold temps and snow to make us "Right again!" I don't want all of us here to have the "Holiday Grumpies." UGH!!
Tammy-Thank you for the Tea&Scones. I drink a lot of tea and am forever buying new flavors and new brands. A hot pot of tea just fixes everything doesn't it? I have a large collection of tea-pots too, all sizes. Bless You for being able to stay focused and say Prayers for all those unkind folk out there. They've lost the "Reason-for-the-Season", haven't they? Whenever I get Grumpy this time of year, I like to watch Scrooge, especially the old ones. That straightens me out quick!
Theresa-What kind of job do you have that you work so many hours? Glad you have work, but GeeWhiz...That'll drain ya fast girl!
Ok gals, have a great rest-of-the-day!
I'm sure glad I found this porch. I'm lovin' it here.

P.S. I learned a new abbreviation for us older gals:ROFLACGU...rolling on floor laughing ...and can't get up! LOLOL Gotta love/hate it!
I can feel the sting! *owww*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  1:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Boy my electricity goes out for a day and miss sooooo much. It never fails. The first storm of the year knocks out electricity for my whole area. Thankfully I have a big fireplace and a gas cooking stove. So I kept warm. I didn't heed the warning enough to fill the bathtub like I usually do.. but everything is back to normal today.

I can't believe everything you all are going through. The issues with young kids is the hardest. You can't just reprogram their brains to clear out all the bad stuff they deal with. Some of it is I think genetic and a predisposition too. I see that in my kids and myself. It took me years to be aware of stuff I got from my mom and behave differently. I was blessed with knowing some of those things she did were wrong.

Peggy, I know you will reach your son somehow. I think just spending time with him with no conditions will be a good start. Tiny steps.
I'm glad you are going to be getting some great medical help. It is always great when something like that works.

Darlene, I'm sorry you are having your health problems. You might try an accupressurist. I'm sure I spelled that wrong.. but they don't twist and turn you like a chiropractor does. They just push on pressure points all along your body. I have had it help lots of things. It takes time and many visits. It is a very gentle way to help the body deal with whatever is the problem. Look it up.

Dana, thanks for the kind words about the house. I know it will be OK. I just see where I live now... and where I'm going. Such a big difference. Being single and doing this alone, I wonder if I will ever have a nice place of my own again. I know 5 years down the road this won't matter. But... right now it's in the forefront.

I'm still going through the house and getting rid of so much stuff. My kitties are all using the indoor kitty box.. that took a few days. I took away the cat door so they are getting use to not being able to just go out whenever they want. First two nights were hard. They cried and ran all through the house in a tizzy. I have to keep them in for a few weeks when I get to my mom's. Then they can go out. Hopefully they won't like the cold and snow and will stay in most of the time.

Well, I need to get back to it..
Later porchies.. please get and stay well!
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  1:38:33 PM  Show Profile
Awwww....hang in there Bunny and Kitties. Poor things, and you too!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  3:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy...I got the info and will be emailing everyone.

Bunny...My heart continues to break for you. Something better will come of this. Maybe your move will find you the love of your life! A Rich one! LOL! Until I know that nothing will move in my neck and cause more damage I can't do anything. I sure could use it though. I have so many knots from being so tight. The muscles usually do that to splint the injury. Could be worse.

BTW...anyone know where I can get Pumpkin tea? I heard there is some but can't find it.

Here is a recipe that sounds good:

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 c butter
1/2 tsp. mint extract
8 drops green food coloring
1 egg
1 c creme de menthe baking chips
1 c semisweet choc chips
Mix everything but chips together to form dough. Fold in chips. Drop by tsp 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 min. Sounds yummy to me!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  8:05:36 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, I've not heard of pumpkin tea. Is it for pleasure or are you using it for a medicinal drink. None of my herb books say anything about a medicinal use but Mt Rose herbs speaks highly of the Pumpkin oil. Lots of vitamins and can be used in place of fish-oils.

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  10:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
It's a tea. Celestial and I think Twinings are supposed to carry it but I haven't seen it around here. Just wondered if anyone had it and was it good. Sounds like it would be like pumpkin pie!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  10:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I have some pumpkin tea and Apple Cider tea. SOOOO good!

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  06:13:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanksgiving Blessing is over and we gave out 1100 plus dinners. Now to gear up for Christmas. Hi and hugs to all and I am off again.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  07:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Cherime-thank you for all of your hard work.

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  07:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi all!

Seems like I never find time to post, but I do at least read the "goin's on" every day so I can keep up with everybody!

Welcome to all our new "porchies" - hope you enjoy it here.

I have a favor to ask - my mother is driving here tomorrow from Vermont, and I would really appreciate it if you would keep her in your prayers. She is 81 years old and is determined to make this trip alone. It is a 300 mile drive. I don't want to take away her independence, but it worries my terribly having her on the road alone for such a long distance. She has a cell phone and AAA road assistance, but you still never know what could happen.

Praying for all of you who are having problems right now - family, health, jobs, etc. etc. - you're often in my thoughts even if I don't find time to write.

Darlene - thank you so much for keeping track of our birthday list - I e-mailed you with one question. Hope you feel better real soon and we can get together after the holiday.

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving everybody!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  07:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Luanne-safe driving prayers and thoughts to your mom.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page