Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

chickenjanedoe
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Sandy
Claypool Indiana
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  6:01:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch Kristin. I would love some of that banana bread and I'm wondering if Julia has any of that dark chocolate cocoa left? MMM...glazed pecans. If you need taste tester I'm sure the porch sitters can help. ;)
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  8:14:32 PM  Show Profile
Excuse me, I am new to the area. We just moved not to far from here, but unfortunately as I was taking a walk, I got turned around. I am wondering where the local ACE hardware store is from here. With all you ladies, I thought surely you could direct me, and I will make it from there.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  05:54:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Claudia! The nearest ACE from the Virtual Porch is around an hour's drive from here. Instead of walking all that way, come on up here and sit a spell, visit with the other ladies, and surely, eventually, one of us will feel the urge to get up out of our rocker and drive you there ourselves. That is, if the chocolate, baked goods, hot soups, fresh breads and other sweets ever run out; if the knitting project gets finished, and if the conversations run short -- oh, well, you'll just love being here on the porch. Was whatever you needed at ACE really that important?

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  06:18:40 AM  Show Profile
Julie, thank you for the invite. I really would like to get to know you all. Chocolate is always an ice-breaker for sure. Now, you mention knitting. I would love to learn. I taught myself how to crochet a bit, but since I had trouble with one hook, the thought of handling TWO was mortifying. I will spend some time, but I most certainly don't want to intrude into your conversations. If you have any left, I would love some hot cocoa, please. Oh, what a cute little dog!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  07:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the Porch, Claudia! All the gals here are super nice! I am glad you decided to sit and chat for a while! Did I read on another post that you are a nurse? I think that is great!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  09:47:45 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Claudia, we always have room for another farmgirl. Never can have too many. How about a cup of hot tea and a chocolate chip scone?

Blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  8:41:14 PM  Show Profile
That cup of hot tea sounds great, and I can't resist a chocolate chip scone. I can smell them, I think. Yes Alee, I am a nurse...well retired, I think for awhile. I was so young when I went into nurses training. The thought of helping people was almost romantic. Even learning how to make a proper bed, so that a quarter would bounce off the draw sheet, was exciting. So many good memories. I decided to work in surgery after training. At that time, we didn't have to work weekends and that sounded good to me. All patients react differently when confronted with illness, and I think patients being scared about turning over control of their body during anesthesia made me realize it was important to be their friend, teacher, advocate and prayer partner. I loved my career, but I am chattering away too much. I'd be glad to answer specific questions. By the way, Alee, my great-g-grandmother came from Iowa and settled around Laurel and Hardin. I never knew most of these people, but I plan to find papers about them sometime. Think I have to go to Billings to do that.

This is such a lovely porch!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  07:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
BuffyPuff- You will probably think I am silly, but when I was younger I would read my mom's Cherry Ames Nurse books from her childhood and I always loved those stories. The descriptions in them of making the bed and setting up the supply closet were great- They really helpd convey the pride of nursing so I kindof understand what you mean in your post. I always feel okay working on hurt animals but I never felt confident enough to be a nurse for humans! I think I have too much self-doubt in my personality and even though I am fairly self-confident I do have a tendancy to undermine myself. Anyway I always figured that I would forget the most critical thing I needed to know if I were a nurse!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  4:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I don't think you silly at all. I think those things we read when we are young allow us to explore our feelings of what we wish for our future. I read a lot of Civil war novels, like the Williamsburg Novel collection. They helped me understand relationships, as I was an only child. No matter for you to doubt yourself and feel less than confident when possibly caring for people, but that is why we go to school. The teachers started slowly, with the beds, bedpans and how to give a patient a bath helping maintain their dignity. Stone upon stone to learn, but always dignity for the patient, the doctors and ourselves. I'm sure you do that now. I especially like the fact that you care for animals. Too many people ignore the dignity of animals, who God made before man. He called them good. I really am glad to get to know you Alee...and all the ladies that are sharing on this wonderful porch.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  04:56:02 AM  Show Profile
SHOOOOOWEEEEE! I took off towards the woods round about Halloween, got lost, had to live off the land, build a twig house and eat berries and fish. Then I taught myself how to follow the direction of the sun until I found my way back to the porch. I need a shower and something to eat! lol! No more ghost stories from me I was skeeeeered without my farmgirl friends!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~I'd rather be on my farm than Emperor of the World~George Washington

Edited by - deeredawn on Dec 24 2009 04:56:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  08:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL Welcome back Dawn! Glad to see you found your way home! *hugs* We missed you!

Claudia- Thanks! You are a sweetheart. Caring for animals isn't my profession- but it is my passion. I used to volunteer in a vet clinic every summer and "shadow" the vet. It was a great learning experience and I would have loved to go to to vet school, but it was too expensive (and I wasn't motivated enough). Anyway sometimes I think this is better though because I get to have my pets- a dog and a horse and enjoy them. Vets can be so busy!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  08:31:26 AM  Show Profile
lol Welcome home Dawn..good gracious me...we better limit the ghost stories....have some tea and join us.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  3:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey, girls, I've been gone for a while from our virtual porch, just been finalizing all the details on our real-life move across the state line. Good news is that the new house has an actual front porch!!!! Any ideas for decorating it? I know there needs to be a table on the porch with all the scones, banana bread and hot tea being passed around here!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2009 :  09:29:30 AM  Show Profile
Dawn - I have the clawfoot bathtub filled to the brim for you -- with hot water and a wonderful smelling lavender oil. It's on the West end of the porch, tucked behind the privacy screen, plus all those bubbles will help to shield you too. I'm so glad you made it back safely. On the table by the tub is a cup of hot tea and a selection of all the baked goods, to counteract all those berries! Welcome back to the porch!

Brenda - Glad you got moved okay, and headed straight back to the porch. You know you need at least one rocker, if not two on that porch. Plus lots of pots of flowers, or fresh herbs. Uh, I wouldn't recommend the bathtub though. I hear some of the girls urging Dawn to hurry up so they can have a turn, and I don't think Dawn is willing to get out.

Just a minute, Dawn! I'm waiting for the water to heat up, so you can touch up your water!!!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2009 :  2:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
A bubble bath for Christmas! what a gift!!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  2:08:53 PM  Show Profile
oh I think a bubble bath sounds delightful. I have been able to get back to the porch today after being disconnected because of the blizzard we have been having since Tuesday. I have snow half way up my door. We are finally able to start digging out. I am sure glad to be back here to have some tea with my favorite farmgirls.

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  3:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Ladies, I have some wonderful hot cider and Christmas cookies, oh and hot buttery rolls with homemade chicken soup!!

Dawn, I'm so glad you are back!!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  3:49:33 PM  Show Profile
WOOOOOOWEEEE I'M NEKKKKKEEEED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  3:50:51 PM  Show Profile
UM, do you have a jacuzzi in this thing or was that me? ooops. sorry!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  5:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
it was just you!lol
Hugs,
channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  6:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi ya'll, I'm still here..just been quiet. Can ya tell Twiggy is growing right before out eyes'? I couldn't get on photobucket tonite...but I will soon, I'd like to show ya some new pics.

I'm having blood pressure problems, so a nice quiet visit will be good for me. Two new med increases in the last few weeks and still uncontrolled well enough.
It's good to see ya'll....sigh

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  9:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, I will be praying for you Linda!! I saw you sitting in the corner and was going to go over and say hello to you and twiggy! My how she has grown! She's quite a young lady. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  9:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome home Liunda!~ *hugs* Hope you feel better soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2009 :  03:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
smile...nice to see you too!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2009 :  03:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
putting pics on ...
Linda in Scranton, PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Dec 27 2009 04:14:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page