Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  4:05:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Megan ! Take care of that knee and keep it propped up as much as possible. It sounds really painful. I Hope you have a good as possible weekend!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  4:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Annika! I'm going to a sleepover tomorrow, so I'll be having some fun this weekend! Sad thing though, I'm done with rugby and may not be able to try out for basketball:(
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  6:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Megan, I will be praying for healing. I am so sorry to hear of this.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  8:24:21 PM  Show Profile
It was our fisherman governor who pushed that one through. He thought that the average Jo ought to get a cut of the oil pie. The money was invested in something like a IRA and it pays a dividend each year to those who qualify. It paid my land taxes for many a year. God is Good!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  8:26:27 PM  Show Profile
Megan,may God bathe that knee in his healing love and may you be back on your feet in no time with NO lasting effects.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  8:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Megan, that's so horrible....my knee was hurting for you...I had knee surgery twice as a teenager in high school....I remember it being so painful! whatever you do, stick to the physical therapy and build it up like they tell you! It will save you late in life....Hope it feels better soon!
Hi everyone! Long time no talk to! Just thought I'd check in on the porch and sit and listen to all of the chatter and laughter! How's everyone been? I went to a silent auction at work today for some fundraiser..anyway, I bid on a beautiful bouquet basket to bring home and my bid one..$2 for a fresh basket bouquet of flowers...it was such a beautiful centerpiece...I was so excited....and then I went and forgot it at work, can you believe it? I've had a horrible month of forgetfulness! my purse, my cell phone, and now the flowers...jeepers....I think my brain is on overload...learning all those state acronyms! LOL! I miss stopping by the porch...hopefully, I'll get to more ....miss all of you!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  12:39:23 AM  Show Profile
Megan my love...I am so sorry! You just crawl right up here on the Porch Swing and I will put a pillow under your leg and wrap a shawl (better go for a blanket this time of year) around you and give you a cup of Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows. I bet you are in some major pain girl! Like Monica said...be sure and do all the Physical Therapy they want you to do. So, much for Sports this year, huh? Good thing you like the Academic part of school too!! You can still cheer your Teams on during their games can't you?

Monica dear it is so nice to see you on the Porch tonight! We miss you! What a great deal on your Auction today...hopefully they will survive the weekend and you'll still get to enjoy them the early part of next week.I love flowers too! They just brighten the mind and delight the heart!~ Your brain probably is on over-load. We have so much information that we continually feed into our minds that I don't know how any of us can remember our names most days. My brain...flat out ran away about 6 years ago...and I am convinced that it ain't ever comen back! LOL

It has been a really long day...so, I am going to go crawl into my nice cozy bed and wish you all
The Sweetest of Dreams and a Deep Nights Rest,
~Peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 09 2010 12:43:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  05:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Megan-Oh sweetie! I am so sorry! Please take care of that knee. I did that to my ankle one time. Not fun at all! Healing vibes coming your way.

Well, the crazy chiropractor asked me to come in today and do his books for him to see if I was a good fit.I told him thanks but no thanks! I haven't heard from the construction company so I'm pretty sure I didn't get it, but a company that advertises with the craft board I do videos for and moderate for asked me to do a video to promote their product. I usually do 1 video a month but in November I will do 2 so that will definitely help with the bills and Christmas. I'm also staying positive because I got 2 calls from just sending out a couple of resumes if I keep it up, I will find the right job. My boss has been out of the office most of the week, so that's good. I'm definitely keeping the faith!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  07:10:27 AM  Show Profile
Well, it has been a busy week. Today is my yard sale. I'm praying it will be a nice day,in more way than one. I hate the bargaining part. My two sons and one of their girlfriends are here to help along with my x. Interesting house full to say the least. We all get along anyway. I'm overwhelmed with all the stuff I need to get rid of. Hopefully I'll make some dollars today. I finally heard from Accuquilt about the demonstrator job. They want me to fill out an application. The scary part is they want me to take on online test. I don't do well at those. Why I don't know. I can't mess this up! My math is terrible past fractions. I don't think I do well on the what if questions. I think too much like a boss and not an employee. I need this so much. I know.. I need to trust God will show me the way. Well, he has his work cut out for him.

Megan, I'm so sorry about your leg. But everyone is right.. rest up and do what you need to do to get better. They still need someone to cheer for them anyway.

Pam, I'm glad you didn't cave to the chiropractor. He must really think a lot of himself to call you back. I know the right thing will come along for you.

Peggy, anything chocolate is perfect. Your recipe sounds divine. I've decided not to sell my crock pot in the yard sale. I had a customer come in the other day. Said she was back east and found a quilt in the trash at a yard sale. She took it home and washed it. It came out wonderful. Amazing what people throw away. I have another customer that had the same thing happen only it was just a quilt top. So sad someone thought so little of it to trash it.

Charime, what a wonderful thing to look forward to. I'm glad that governor had the foresight to put his state members first.

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. With my family here I plan on enjoying it to the fullest.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  07:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Every Saturday on my blog I do either a sweet or savory recipe. Here's a recipe for chocolate cinnamon rolls. These are so good, you will kiss yourself for baking them!

Rolls
4 cups milk (you can use whole but we used non fat-gotta watch that waist!)
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Canola Oil
9 cups All-purpose Flour
2 packages (4 1/2 Teaspoons) Active Dry Yeast
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 stick Butter
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 cup Brown Sugar
½ cups Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1-½ cup Chocolate Chips
A light dusting of cinnamon

Icing
1 package 8 Ounce Cream Cheese
3 cups Powdered Sugar
1 stick Butter, Softened
1 cup Milk
2-½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
¾ teaspoons Salt

Directions

Mix milk, 1 cup sugar, and canola oil in a pot. Heat until very warm but not boiling. Allow to cool until slightly warmer than lukewarm.

Sprinkle yeast over the surface of the liquid, then add in 8 cups flour. Stir gently until totally combined. Mixture will be very wet and sticky. Cover with a tea towel, keep in a draft-free place, and allow to sit for 1 hour. I used the big pot I mixed the milk in and covered it with the lid but you can also use the tea towel method.

After 1 hour, add in an additional cup of flour, as well as the salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until combined. Refrigerate dough, covered, until you need it. (Refrigerating the dough helps make it easier to handle.) I didn't refrigerate, but I kind of wish I did, it was very sticky to work with. I would just refrigerate it for about 10 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread melted butter in the bottom of pie pans or 9 x 13-inch baking dishes.This is not the same butter you will use in the actual recipe.

Divide dough in half. The other half of the dough, you can put in the fridge or the freezer to make another batch some other day. Turn the other half of the dough onto a floured surface. Roll into a large rectangle, about 24 inches wide by 10 to 12 inches deep. Add vanilla to melted butter, then drizzle mixture all over the surface of the dough. Use fingers to spread evenly. Mix sugar and salt and sprinkle it evenly over the butter. Follow with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and chocolate chips. This was the hardest part! The butter wanted to spread everywhere! If you have two people, that's better, one person can spread the butter, the other can pour the sugar mixtures. The sugar will soak up the butter.

Beginning at the side furthest from you, roll dough toward you until it’s in the shape of a tight log. Pinch the edges to seal. Slice into 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick rolls and lay, cut side down, in buttered baking dishes. Allow to rise for 20 minutes, then place in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until deep golden brown on top.

Make the icing: Mix 1 stick butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt in an electric mixer or until smooth and pourable.

Remove rolls from oven and allow to sit five minutes before drizzle icing all over the rolls. Be sure to get the icing all around the edges and covering the surface so they’ll be nice and moist!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

daisy01
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Sherri
Plano Texas
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  08:54:29 AM  Show Profile
I want to come too!! I will bring some hot sticky buns. (mom's recipe) Hope you have a porch swing also, besides the rockers. I want to come to take in all of the conversations.....Daisy01
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  10:32:03 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Sherri...we have several Porch Swings, Lots of Rockers, Several Gliders, Pillows, porch rails and steps to sit on! Plenty of room for everybody!!! This is a FUN place to come and hang out and have lots of great conversation and good food and drinks! It is also a SAFE Haven from the stresses of Life! So come often and just kick off your boots, let your hair down and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did!

Pam...oh, those Rolls sound like Heaven! I don't have any energy to make them today...but they will go on my list of Recipes to Try right away! And Chocolate!!! You, Me and Darlene could have a Pig-Out with those! YUM! I can smell them from here!

I have got to go crawl back in bed...

Hugs and Loves Porchies,
~peggy

Lady In Red

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 09 2010 10:33:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  10:44:12 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...if that is the JOB God has in store for you...He will be with you every step of the way...even the On-line Test.

A very wise Preacher told me one time, "God prepares those He gives the job to." In other words, if He gives it to you...he isn't going to let you fail.

Keep The Faith Girl! Hope your Yard Sale is a huge Success!

Blessings & Hugs,
Peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2010 :  5:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Megan...You poor girlfriend...We can't have our Spanish Teacher in pain! I don't blame you for crying. Now you will just have to be the COACH! Hang in there and keep us posted.

Pam...I told you Doctor's think who the heck they are. To be fair there are many wonderful ones. I'll bet everyone he interviewed ran the other way! You will get a better job than you have because God promises everything good to those who love him. He's interviewing them for your job now. Good for the video job! Keep us posted. Yummy recipe! I might as well just face it...I'll never be skinny again! LOL!

Bunny...God did not give us a spirit of fear and anxiety so take the test and stay calm. God will be right next to you and all your porch sisters will be praying you on. I hate math too!

Sherri...You will love it here. We are real, loving, supportive and down to earth.

Cherime...Good for you. Yes God is good. All the Time! Email me your address girlfriend.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  11:09:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi sisters! Thanks so much for all the well wishes and healing vibes! I have to go to the sports clinic here and do some PT, but I won't be able to finish the rugby season or try out for basketball:( But my dad is coaching my cousin's team, so I will be stay in shape hopefully for spring rugby. I'm just glad it's not my ACL, which would mean surgery for sure!
But despite all of that, I slept over at my new friend's house last night and we had the best time! We watched two scary movies, and one fun one, then we stayed up playing games and talking! We played Buzz Word, which is my new favorite game! We had the best time.
Tomorrow I will post our Spanish "lesson"!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  11:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Megan...Como estas? LOL! See I learned something Teacher!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  12:37:50 PM  Show Profile
That's great Darlene! People are gonna see this and say what are these crazy girls doing?! Lol! Darlene, I'm doing great, thank you! I iced my knee once today, and I'm getting my rest!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2010 :  5:05:27 PM  Show Profile
Well I'm back from conference and vacation. Both went well. What a joy it was to see my brother and best friend but am glad to be back home.

Pam, I know what it's like to work for someone that isn't very nice. Not only can they do damage to your career but to your self esteem and health. Please remember that God see's all and you will be given joy two fold to the pain this person has caused you.

Bed is calling me... but I leave with all my farmgirl sisters.... a cup of hot tea.... a plate of warm cookies... and prayers for all that are in need tonight.

Later this week I hope to be back on line to share with all of you the great things I saw on vacation. And to tell you all about the new job.

Sweet dreams

Theresa

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  06:49:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody!

I got back late Saturday night from my week's vacation in Vermont and Maine with my Mom. I had a really wonderful time, even though the weather was "yucky" a good share of the time. We had heavy rain and wind in Maine, so didn't get any beach time, but we checked out several antique malls and of course ate seafood every day. We were at a diner in Wells, ME, and our waitress pointed out that George & Barbara Bush were seated at a table not far from us. What a thrill to see these celebrities! Actually, they have a summer house in Kennebunkport, not far from where we were staying, but it is the first time we have ever run into them there.

It was hard coming back to work today - jet lag, I guess!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  07:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Luanne...Glad you had a good time with your Mother. Happy Birthday! Started 2 new things on the porch since you were gone. We don't let any grass grow under our feet do we? Were the SS all around the Bush's?
1st we have a Spanish Teacher who is teaching us a sentence a week! Guess who? Her 2nd lesson will come today.
2nd I suggested we make a Porch cookbook. So each week I will post a different cooking category for us to post recipes. Look back for last weeks recipes. The category was Crock Pot meals. Look in next posting for this weeks category.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  07:11:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Darlene!

It will take me a few days to catch up on all the back postings and find out what everyone is doing!

There were a couple of SS with the Bush family, I think, but they were dressed casually, so it didn't look really "official".

I took Spanish in college, but that was MANY years ago!

Thanks for the birthday greetings - my Mom is almost 82, but still spoils me terribly on my special day. It was so good to spend time with her and celebrate.

Oh yeah, and I brought back salt water taffy - it's in a bowl on the porch for you (all except the licorice ones - the boyfriend got to them first!).

Love you all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  07:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
The Recipe Category for this week is: Casseroles!

Ham and Scalloped Potatoes

1 slice of Ham cubed In casserole dish layer sliced potatoes, onion, ham and s&p. Mix sour cream and soup
1 onion diced together and put some on top of other ingredients. Continue to layer ending with soup
potatoes peeled and sliced layer last.
salt & pepper to taste Bake 400 for 1 1/2 hours
1 pint sour cream I also do this in the Crock Pot on low 6-8 hours. It's even better the next day
1 family size cream of mushroom soup and there are never leftovers at a potluck!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  07:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
What in the world just happened to my recipe!

Casseroles is this weeks category

Ham and Scalloped Potatoes

1 slice of Ham
1 onion diced
potatoes peeled and sliced as many as you want depending on how many layers
salt and pepper to taste
1 pint of sour cream
1 family size cream of mushroom soup

In casserole dish layer potatoes, ham, onion and s&p. Mix sour cream and soup and put a layer on top. Continue layering ending with soup mixture. Bake 400 1 1/2 hours. I also use my Crock Pot on low 6-8 hours.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  08:30:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porch sisters. Feeling pretty low today. The yard sale went well. I made about 600.00 and my older son made about $200.00 on all his stuff. My youngest son and his girlfriend were up too. I can't write too much or I'll cry... but it was hard to see them go. I'll write later when I'm stronger.
Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2010 :  08:33:29 AM  Show Profile
Hugs, Bunny -

Hope your day gets better.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page