Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  04:35:38 AM  Show Profile
I guess Alee (and Nora!) and I started something a while back with sitting out on my porch. No, I don't have one yet, but it is my dream. The porch thing recently got picked back up in my post on needing to be flogged, and several others have since joined us. So, I thought I would offer an invitation to all you farmgirls to come sit and relax on my virtual porch, visit, and just let all your cares and worries slide off your shoulders. Anyone else want to join us? So far, we have Alee and Nora napping in rocking chairs; Melody June is the one who has her feet propped up and listening to Jolie Blond (some GREAT Cajun Music!); Audry brought that tray of the gorgeous cucumber sandwiches; Diane brought sweet tea and vodka; Toni brought apple and cherry pies and is sitting on the porch keeping the dogs down (and we made a pitcher of unsweet tea just for her, but I'll bet she'll share!) Ladies, all are welcome, and there are still plenty of rockers and porch swings left. And I'll bet Toni will move over a bit and let you share her step! Come join us! Hey, Alee! Wanna wake up long enough to get a bite of this cherry pie? Ooh! It is so delicious!

from the hearts of paradise...

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22878 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22878 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  06:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Be right there Julie! Your front porch has to be warmer than the house this morning!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  06:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Saved you your favorite rocker, Alee! Want some hot tea first? I've got a fresh pot of Apple Cinnamon brewing, or if your prefer, Mandarin Orange?

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9088 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9088 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  07:27:50 AM  Show Profile
I'll be wearing my straw hat, and I will bring fat sugar cookies to go with that ice tea. I'll also bring my basket of embroidery stuff, but with all the talking and eating I probably won't get much done.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  07:36:30 AM  Show Profile
Hot cinnamon apple tea? Now you're talking! I just took a few loaves of apple bread out of the oven, will put a couple in my best old basket and be right over! I'll also bring my tote with the rags I'm winding up for a new crocheted rug. Hope nobody minds that I'll be wearing a flannel shirt and won't bother to take off my apron.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22878 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22878 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  08:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cinnamon apple tea sounds great! Yum!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  08:11:27 AM  Show Profile
I'll be right there, too. I know the view must be great. I'll bring some Cranberry Scones. mmmmm MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  08:16:13 AM  Show Profile
room for anymore on the porch? I don't have anything bakin or cookin but I'm full of loud belly laughs!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
~I'd rather be on my farm than Emperor of the World~George Washington
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  08:27:13 AM  Show Profile
Dawn -- there is always room for more! And don't feel like you have to bring a thing, just yourselves. And Nancy, you look darlin' in that straw hat, flannel shirt and apron! Nancy Jo,you got a needle in that basket to sew up the hole in these jean I'm wearin'? Thank you! OOH! These cookies and apple bread is the best! Dawn! Get your own piece! There is plenty to go around. Oh, look! Back at the pond. There's a doe and her two new twins! Ladies! You see that? Ah, yes. Porch sittin' is the best. Any more takers? still got plenty of room!

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  08:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, this sounds fun! where can I sit? Oh, and all those sweets sound positively delightful!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22878 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22878 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  09:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Anyone else bring their knitting? I am almost done with a set of the slippers from the Makin' Hay issue of MJF Magazine. I am thinking since I made them of wool yarn that I might felt them and make them into felted slippers for Nora. What do you think?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  09:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh dear, I forgot mine Alee.... I was in such a hurry to get over here that I completly forgot.

Edited by - maggie14 on Sep 29 2009 09:11:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  09:48:13 AM  Show Profile
I'll bring a big pot of homemade soup and some homemade buns so we don't have to stop when we get really hungry. And I'll be happy to curl up in a chair with somebody's little one and tell farm stories, or work on my little hexagon quilt square addiction.

Di on VI
Farmgirl Sister #73
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  10:45:55 AM  Show Profile
Move over Alee, put your dust rag down. I've got my red boots on and want to dance on the porch to Melody's music of "Jolie Blond"!!!!! Whoever is making the coffee, make it strong. Are dogs allowed? Sure hope so.
This is a wonderful porch!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  10:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
who ate all the cookies?? oh dear, it looks like I'll have to run home and get some more from the cookie jar. Unless my brothers ate all of them. Wonderful soup and buns Diane.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22878 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22878 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  11:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL Marly!

Well ladies save me a seat for a while. I have to go do some housework.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  12:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Yep, dogs are welcome, coffee is strong and the dance floor is open! I put a 'reserved' sign on your rocker, Alee! Maggie, there's more cookies in the house -- don't worry about running all the way home for them!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  5:03:32 PM  Show Profile
How about all of bringing snacks and other goodies! I'll bring the female brownies.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kwyrick65
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Karla
Winslow AZ
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  5:47:28 PM  Show Profile
That sound wonderful, please save me a seat! I would love to join ya all! I'll bring my bread I just made and some strawberry jam!

:)
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  6:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
Gurls, wait for me! I will bring a ghost story or two straight from the mountians of KY to share with you all. That is what we do here in the mountains this time of the year when we gather the youngin's around on the porch. They love it! We usually have hot cider or hot chocolate so I will bring that along too!

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com

Edited by - downbranchroad on Sep 29 2009 6:03:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22878 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22878 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  8:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey Gals! I'm back and here's a tray full of smore's fresh from the campfire round yonder thata way! More than enough for everyone to have their fill! How was you day? I got some garden digging done, some house work done, and worked a 4 hour cashiering job shift. Now I have homework to do so don't mind me over here in this corner of the porch with my calculator!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  8:40:54 PM  Show Profile
hot apple cider and ghost stories...sounds like some pumpkins should be getting carved on this porch soon.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2009 :  10:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Sitting down with a plate of my famous blueberry muffins ... I'll definitely join in, if you don't mind. :) I'm over here on the swing! And those s'mores sound delicious.... I haven't had one in ages!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  07:15:36 AM  Show Profile
I'll be right over just waiting for my Pumpkin Loaves to get out of the oven. I'll bring them both. How about a Quilting Bee? I'll bring my frame.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22878 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22878 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  07:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds good Tina- I'm almost finished with this slipper knitting!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  07:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
You girls are going to make me gain all my weight back! But thankfully..I remember...these are all 0 calories! Yay! LOL.

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page