Page: of 20

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  01:28:09 AM  Show Profile
Hey Melissa...stopped by the website. Nice store. I love your "research associate" description. Too cool! :) I wanted to leave a little comment on the website for you (checked out your blog too....miss that side of the state...wonderful photos of the fam. You have beautiful horses!) but for some reason I couldn't... Could be just my brain is sloggy at 4am.

How did you decide what products to put in your store?
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  3:35:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey N@N where do you come too when you come to michigan. I live in Atlanta, Michigan. really close to Mio. Do you actually come to MIO? Would love to meet up with you some day. Bev
Rise-- Do you still have that pattern for the orange juice container to be made into money holders. Would still like to have it. thanks Bev

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  3:37:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh yea Jessie, I am working on making my buttons on my jeans coat like you did with your fingernail polish. How many coats did you have to put on. It seems like I am having to put on a lot of them. Let me know so I know I am doing this right. I can't wait till I get it done though cause I really like yours...!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  10:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Hey gals! Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Michigan Farmgirl Sisters!!!
Thank you for all the great comments on the store! It's been going a bit slow on there...economy perhaps? I'm going to knock it down to the "free" subscription which means it will still be there just not as many items in it:( I have also started an "on-line" attic sale (my parents moved and I have all kinds of treasures to sell and barter just to clean out my house!) I'm going to be starting my "barter blog" after Thanksgiving and start the ol sewing machine up and designing some of my own things for spring! Hope you're all doing great!!!

Sarah, send me an email if you'd like a local pick-up on anything in any of the stores or soon to be coming barter blog or I can also drop off or meet you (ya know my fav store is TSC!)

Michelle, I love the idea of a gift exchange of some sort for the holidays! I'm in!!

Here's the "attic" sale website if any of you are interested...I just keep adding and will continue to until everything is gone:)
http://ameliasattic.webs.com

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://oldethymecountry.secure2cart.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  1:58:44 PM  Show Profile
Happy Turkey Day all! We managed to get a fresh bird (yum) and then the stove up and quit...parts my hubby had overnighted, didn't overnight in time. We're grillin steak today and turkey cutlets. Turkey roasting later this weekend. Will taste just as yummy and provide just as many tasty leftovers. Well, pies had to be store bought but no one is complaining. (especially me)...

Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  5:07:14 PM  Show Profile
Gosh sorry girls that I haven't been back on this Michigan site for soooo long. CJ6, I live in Hackett, Ark. which is just south of Fort Smith, Ark. So we are quite a ways north of Hot Springs Village. We have a beautiful place here but it is just tooooo hot for me in the summer time. Besides I miss home(Michigan) so much so am really grateful that we now have a place "up north" to spend the summers at the lake.
Beverly, we are at Lakes in the Green which is off of Grosse Pointe Road where 72 and 65 come cross. Just a ways south of Curran.
We absolutely love it there and are hoping to make it up there for the Christmas holidays. My family all lives in southern Michigan and we will be there for Christmas and if the weather permits, we will visit our little cabin in the woods while we are Home. HOpe we can make conx with you this summer. Let me know how much snow you have when it gets close to Christmas.

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2009 :  6:56:35 PM  Show Profile
I sure will keep you informed about the snow. so far we haven't had any. It has been really mild so far this winter..we are suppose to get an inch tomorrow but then on saturday get warm weather so it will be all gone..

Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  12:49:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey Beverley,
How is the weather up there. We are starting to get stuff together to head north.
N@n

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  4:42:08 PM  Show Profile
Well we got dumped on the last three days. so right now I would say we have about a foot or maybe more of snow. we are suppose to get drizzly rain tonight and it has been getting down pretty cold like 4 degrees. so it is sure winter now up here!!!! bev

Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  08:06:43 AM  Show Profile
Hooo boy. Sounds very cold to me!!! Hope the roads stay good enough for us to make a quick trip to our cabin while in southern Michigan for Christmas.
Thanks Beverley and Stay warm!!

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  10:00:35 AM  Show Profile
Unless we get more snow the roads are very good. the main ones anyway. 75, 33, 72 ,65, those are all cleaned up and good.

Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  6:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Hello Girls! I'm signing off until the "New Year" with so many things to get done before Christmas but wanted to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from my home to yours!!!
Hugs!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360
http://oldethymecountry.secure2cart.com/
http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  6:44:49 PM  Show Profile
How nice!! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!! And Merry Christmas to all the Michigan Farmgirls as well!!! May Santa be really good to you this year!!!

Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  6:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey all you Michigan Farm Girls, A merry Christmas to each and every one of you!! I am in Michigan and Beverly, today my dh and I were at our cabin up at Barton City for just an hour or so. IT WAS COLD!! But beautiful. We returned to southern Michigan to spend Christmas down here with family. Bless you all and a prosperous New year to all of you

Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2009 :  4:15:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey all you Mitten farm girls, especially you Beverly, We just got back to ARk after a ten day Christmas visit to Michigan. While there we did get up to Barton City to our cabin but only for about two hours!!! It was COLD!!!! And the cabin is unimproved, but we just had to stop by and see how everything was. It was beautiful. a foot and a half of snow and 2 degrees!!! Man it was cold. That was on the 23rd. Our ARkie born oldest dog would not even get out of the truck!!!! It was a bit warmer closer to the lake where we had parked our motorhome and he did get out there, but not where the temp was nearly zero. Guess he didn't have his winter fur for that!!!

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  08:03:47 AM  Show Profile
Hello! It's good to see a Michigan Farmgirl Chapter! I am new here to the forums and I live in Battle Creek :) Look forward to getting to know some of my neighbors!
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  10:55:05 AM  Show Profile
Well hello Clothedinscarlet,
I may not be a close neighbor but I am a michigan farmgirl and I would like to welcome you and hope to meet you in person one day. Beverley

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  1:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello and welcome from mid-Michigan!
Go to Top of Page

briarpatch
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

phyllis
plymouth indiana
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  05:33:33 AM  Show Profile
girlzzzz...is everyone from Michigan??I live just south of south bend in Indiana, do ya ever venture this way??Would love to invite yall to my festival in June. Family farm, folk art ...smells like cows. Let me know if your interested.Travelin pack of Michigan women...how cool.

oldfarmgirl
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  3:56:59 PM  Show Profile
Hey Phyllis! I used to make it down that way. Taught in Dowagiac about 20 years ago. Haven't been in that direction in some time. Still...I could make a road trip that way for some "smelly" fun! :-)
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  4:19:59 PM  Show Profile
Hey Phyllis. My DH and I do go down that way every one in a while. We like to visit Granger Community Church and we've stayed at the Scottish Bed And Breakfast in Bremen.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  4:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
WOW.. Michigan farmgirls seems to be "kickin' it" Great job you guys!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  6:11:34 PM  Show Profile
I'm in the burbs south of Detroit! I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  6:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Yart! Is that your name? You're not too far from me :) My husband and I go to Detroit every once in a while, but more often to Ann Arbor.

Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  05:56:13 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the Welcome Siobhan. My name is Rachel but online I go by Yart, generally because there are a ton of Rachel's in the world but only a couple of Yart's. That way everyone knows they are talking to or about me.... LOL!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Michigan Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page