Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 6 ½” Charm Swap: Halloween fabric Mailed 10/1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic 6 ½” Charm Swap: Halloween fabric Mailed 10/1 Next Topic
Page: of 4

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  07:23:35 AM  Show Profile
HALLOWEEN FABRIC/THEME CHARM SWAP!!

Any shade/print/theme of good 100% cotton Halloween fabric.
(But try not to use a solid)
Please pre-wash and Iron all fabric.
Please measure your blocks carefully!

We are swapping 6 1/2 charms. 10 identical charms per set. Up to 5 sets per person. Each set would be a different fabric/print.

Please let me know if you would like to join in. WE would need at least 11 people.
If we don't get 11 people, then the charms per set would be equal to the number of participants.

Charms sets due to me by September 29th.
All charms will be sorted and mailed October 1st.
Please have your charms mailed on time. We will have less then 30 days to create, sew and display our chrams for Halloween.

I know a lot of you that participated in the pink charm swap had great time and truly loved the charms you received back! Lets make this another swap to remember.

1)khartquilt - Kathy 2 sets
received 9/26 Merry - Merry 4 sets
received 9/28 countryroads - Melissa 5 sets
Received 8/1 crafter - Lori 3 sets
received 8/8 barnagainkristine - Kristine 5 sets
received 8/28 MsLilly - Lillian 5 sets
Received 8/17 forgetmenot - Judith 4 sets
futters - Michelle 5 sets
received 8/21 Keyboo - Lucy 3 sets, Mom 2 sets
received 9/28 farm~maid - Christine

When you have your charms ready to mail, email me and I will give you my address. Please don't forget to include a self addressed postage paid envelope. Or a few dollars so I can purchase the return postage. I do have plenty of envelopes.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com

Edited by - khartquilt on Oct 26 2009 3:48:31 PM

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  07:51:15 AM  Show Profile
Sign me up, I will do 2 sets also!

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  10:57:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Merry! I added your name!

I just came in from a bike ride. It’s been a while since I had my motorcycle out. We are still working on a few issues with the idler or throttle regulator. It likes to idle fast or high.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  1:04:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy, please sign me up for five sets.

I was looking at a little suzuki 250 yesterday, I want something smaller to learn on. Then for my permanent bike I want a suzuki boulevard m50. Someday!

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  2:14:17 PM  Show Profile
Melissa,
I added your name.

As for motorcycling...starting off with a smaller bike is smart. I have a small 1988 Yamaha 535 virago. It’s my girly cruiser bike. It’s a bit of an odd duck. The gas tank is actually under the seat. It only holds about 2.5 gallons of gas.
I am only 5 foot tall so I need a low saddled bike. I also like both my feet to touch the ground! But good luck! There are a lot of older bikes out there looking for good homes!

We should start a "motorcycle mama quilt making" club!

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  2:32:04 PM  Show Profile
LOL! thats a great idea. You're too funny.

My hubby took me upto the highschool parking lot to learn on his. He rides a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. It was fun til I didn't
get turned in time and ran into the grass. I laid it down, with thank goodness no injuries to me and only a broken mirror
to the bike. But since then I have learned I need something more my size. I can't wait to try again.

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  3:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Kathy,
I would love to sign up for 3 sets of Halloween charms- Thank you so much!!
xoxo- Lori

Thank GOD I'm a Country Girl!
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  8:33:19 PM  Show Profile
Kathy,
Sign me up for 5 sets. I'm so excited! Remind me of the best size cut to buy to get the 10 squares. Is it 1/4 yard cut or 1/2 yard cut of 45" fabric?
We have a darling store which resembles an old fashioned merchantile not far from my home. They are the oldest department store around. I think they have been in business over 100 years and women from each generation of the Broadbent family work there together. They sell the good old things like tea cups, aprons, hankies and fabric along with just about anything else you might want or need. When I visited last week they had a large section of Halloween fabric so I can't wait to go back and pick out 5 cuts. I love keeping them in business :) If any of you ever visit Utah make sure to look up Broadbent's in Lehi (just around the corner from Salt Lake).
Thanks for putting this together. I loved the pink charm swap.

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  06:37:07 AM  Show Profile
Lori and Kristin, Your names have been added.

Fabric amount to purchase:
If you are purchasing a 45" fabric, then I would recommend you purchase 1/2 a yard.
Remember, you will need to wash your fabric and that will cause it to shrink just a little bit.

From your washed fabric, you should be able to get 12 6.5" charms from it. But it will also give you at the most a 5 inch strip (noodle) extra.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  06:54:41 AM  Show Profile
Kathy add my name to the list, please. 5 sets for me.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  08:23:37 AM  Show Profile
Sign me up for 1 set. Thanks

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

GrammyGoose
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Sue
Liverpool PA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:16:22 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, please sign me up for 2 sets. Thank you!

Sue
Farmgirl #656

"This is the day that God made, let us drink juice and enjoy it!" - Reece Stutts, age 3
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  08:08:01 AM  Show Profile
Lillian, Linda and Sue,
Your names are added. Again, thank you for joining in!!!

Just remember, if you have joined in on both these swaps, you can send your blocks all together, but...you will need to send them on the earlier due date, so that they arrive at my house on or before September 29th.
I want to be sure that there is enough time for those of us that plan, make and display our Halloween items. OK?

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  6:10:35 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, please remember...if we do not have at least 11 swappers, the number of charms per set will be reduced to the number of swappers.

I see that JoAnn Fabrics has a varity of fabrics on sale by me this week.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  9:30:17 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up for 2 sets. Thank you. Sounds like great fun!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  11:00:26 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kathy,

Change me to 4 sets,

Thanks!

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

"Nobody has ever measured, not even poets how much the heart can hold."
Zelda Fitzgerald
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  06:28:41 AM  Show Profile
I am taking a walk to Wal-Mart today. I is going to be a nice day today. But I need to get moving before it gets too hot.(I am feeling a little on the fat side. Need to get this body moving) I am going to see what fabric they might have. Now, Wal-Mart is not my favorite store for fabric, but, sometimes I can find some nice, quality-ish fabric. I am going to see if they have any Halloween prints. But mostly, I need to pick up a new pack of machine sewing needles. Needles are one of those things that I like to change on regular bases. At least every 3 months.

So any way....Just a quick reminder...we have 9 participants signed up so far. Anyone else interested???

And also....
Charms sets due to me by September 29th.
All charms will be sorted and mailed October 1st.
Please have your charms mailed on time. We will have less then 30 days to create, sew and display our charms for Halloween.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  8:24:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Kathy! Please add 2 more sets for me..making 4 total. I found two more designs at JoAnn's. Irrisistable! :) Thank you!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  06:01:08 AM  Show Profile
Judith,
I changed your sets from 2 to 4.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

keyboo
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Lucy
Cambridge Springs Pa.
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  07:00:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi! My Mom quilts. I thought this would be a neat gift for her, but I am not sure what a "charm" is? can someone please explain this to me? Thanks!

Lucy
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  09:30:25 AM  Show Profile
Lucy,
A charm is a square of fabric. Charms come in many sizes. For this swap, the charm is to be a 6 1/2 inch square.
Each set of charms will consist of 10 identical squares of fabric.
After I receive all the charms sets from all the swappers, I mix them up and send you back 10 different charms for each set. Its a nice way to get lots of different pieces of fabric.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  2:08:24 PM  Show Profile
Please count me in!!! I will do 2 sets. The only thing I don't get is what happens after the swap. Do you then cut up the fabrics and create quilt blocks or just sew them together at the 6 1/2 size? I'm a little slow :-P.

Have a good day!

Michelle
Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com

Edited by - Futters on Jul 28 2009 5:25:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  05:54:02 AM  Show Profile
Michelle,
I will add your name!
Now with the charms you can do a lot of different things.
You could simply sew them together. Kind of a patchwork pattern. This then can be turned into a blanket or throw. Maybe a table cloth. An Apron?
You could cut the charms into triangles and make a top out of that.
There are many things you could do with them. I have a number of purse patterns that call for charms.
Or you could use these charms to make Yo-Yo-s with. Here are photos of what I did with my pink charms.
I am still working on the quilt top. I had added a boarder and am now working on the back.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page

keyboo
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Lucy
Cambridge Springs Pa.
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  2:40:58 PM  Show Profile
I would love to do two sets also! Why not?, right? I am so sure that i can find something to do with them!

Lucy
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  10:04:30 PM  Show Profile
Just got a check in the mail today for Jury duty. Guess what I will be shopping for this week...
Halloween fabric. I'm so excited. The pink charm swap was so much fun and I can't wait to work with the Halloween fabrics. Thanks for doing this Kathy!

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  06:08:07 AM  Show Profile
Lucy I added your name...Welcome to my swap!

Kristin, There is nothing better then receiving a check in the mail!! Happy shopping!

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic 6 ½” Charm Swap: Halloween fabric Mailed 10/1 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page