Page: of 2

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  06:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi All, of course this says Bounce but I wonder if other dryer sheets would work?
Also, I rub dryer sheets on my hose to stop static cling on my skirt.

Has anyone tried these??

The US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.
Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. I use it when I am working outside. It really works. The insects just veer around you.
All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer!
[size=4]
1. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them.
It also repels mice.
2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.
3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.
4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep
dust from resettling.
7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.
9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.
10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
14.. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.
15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the lose hairs.
16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.
20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.
22. Wet a Bounce sheet, hose down your car, and wipe lovebugs off easily with the wet Bounce.

Linda in Scranton, PA

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!

Edited by - yarnmamma on Jun 23 2009 06:11:49 AM

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  07:08:58 AM  Show Profile
I never use dryer sheets!! But I have heard many uses for them :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  1:32:03 PM  Show Profile
Wow...thanks for that information. I use the bounce sheets to rub off the dead love-bugs on my car windshield. I know that works. I'll try some of the other ones. Good post.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2009 :  7:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Use it to scrub your tub clean. It really (strangely) works!

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  1:42:35 PM  Show Profile
very handy post. Thank you.

how sweet it is to love some one, how right itis to care
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  1:48:34 PM  Show Profile
Did you also know that it is not neccessary to use a whole dryer sheet in the laundry? You can tear each sheet into 3 or 4 strips and use one per load. I have done this for the last 4 or 5 years.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  5:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Love-Bugs. I do not love them! I will have to remember to bring the Bounce dryer sheets next time we drive to Alabama.

Thanks!

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

Babs56
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Barbara
Tulsa OK
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  12:41:31 PM  Show Profile
I wonder if this will work for the cat box. I think I will try it and then let you know, unless you already know.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  2:10:17 PM  Show Profile
Used ones are great for lining the bottom of potted and hanging planters so the soil doesn't drain out.
Go to Top of Page

Babs56
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Barbara
Tulsa OK
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  4:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi! just to let you know another use for bounce, they do work in the litter box. The ones that have the filter opening. Yah, bounce.
Barbara

God and Family means everything!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  6:57:49 PM  Show Profile
Those are all great ideas...but what do you do with them when they are used? OH...and here's another thought about used dryer sheets....I've tried that new all-in-one sheet where it goes in the wash-has softener-then to the dryer...They work fine but then you have this leftover sheet about the size of a dryer sheet but about a 1/4 inch think. Thinking of making quilted postcards with them.....
Go to Top of Page

Babs56
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Barbara
Tulsa OK
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2009 :  5:08:02 PM  Show Profile
That sounds great. Maybe one could color the dryer sheets and make something with them, but I cant think of anything right now.

God and Family means everything!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2009 :  10:01:29 AM  Show Profile
I wonder how flammable they are??? I saw a craft using tissue paper to create "flowers" around LED lights for a garland. I guess they can't be more flammable than that eh?
Go to Top of Page

HeatherAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Rancho Cucamonga CA
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2009 :  6:45:03 PM  Show Profile
you could save the used ones and use them as packing materials for shipments. which would take a long time to save enough BUT, those 1/4 inch ones would probably be great for this. you could stuff pillows with them too, instead of buying polyester fill. you know they are washable AND they already smell nice...?

Heather Ann
Apartment Farmgirl

"You got to look at all the good on one side and all the bad on the other and say 'Well, alright then.'" - Aunt Eller, Oklahoma

www.plumblossomknits.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruenietwoshoes
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Patricia
Thornton West Virginia
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  09:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ruenietwoshoes an AOL message  Click to see ruenietwoshoes's MSN Messenger address  Send ruenietwoshoes a Yahoo! Message
I'm so going to try it for the yellow jackets...if only i stumbeled upon this post before september! That's when I had an almost fatal reaction to the yellow jacket that stung me in my butt! :) hehehe! now i'm an EpiPen girl! :)

<3 Patricia
sister.daughter.lover.knitter.best friend.quilter.hand stitcher.a cook.a soon-to-be-nurse.animal lover.mountaineer.facebook junkie.and a new blogger.and a lover of God!

I'm only 21! :)

http://sweetsugarstitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  09:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Patricia..glad you found the topic. It's good to bump some topics up once in a while.
thanks!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  8:20:30 PM  Show Profile
They are also great for wiping your horse off before a class in a horse show. Gets all the light dust that settles after you've Show Sheened (or whatever product you use for shine). To top off. Also, lessens the chance of shocking your poor horse with static electricity.

To read funny stories about my cooking 'skills', please visit http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com/

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  07:20:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to try the needle and thread (No. 10 on the list). Tangling thread is always a drag.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  09:37:07 AM  Show Profile
I keep a few of the used ones around and use them like interfacing in small sewing and quilting projects. It works great. They are also good for reinforcing underneath mending.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  09:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
great way to recycle!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Go to Top of Page

Zereen
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Kimberly
Oklahoma City Oklahoma
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  11:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Zereen's MSN Messenger address  Send Zereen a Yahoo! Message
3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often

WHO WOULD DO THAT???? Thats a wonderful smell, the smell of history!

{Deep in my bones}
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  08:26:46 AM  Show Profile
I don't use dryer sheets but some of the women in my family use them in their drawers to keep their clothes smelling fresh. Also I know people who stuff them under their car seats to keep their car smelling nice - this works really well on a hot day.
Go to Top of Page

Bart
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

115 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  06:45:33 AM  Show Profile
I make scarves and purses out of them. After they're used in the dryer; I paint and decorate each one, cut it into a a shape (like circles or diamonds) and stitch them together. I like to use decorative threads, silk ribbon bobbin stitching and do a little needle felting on them too. It comes out really beautiful and people can never guess what it is.

note - don't ever put them through a laser printer
just sayin...... don't ask how I know
Go to Top of Page

Phirefly
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Stacy
Damascus new brunswick
Canada
36 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  2:16:33 PM  Show Profile
These are all great Ideas. I have to clean my tub this week and I am going to try it out. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  9:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
I love this, an Im having prob with mice so i hope it helps us.thks

[ /size=1 ]I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
~Maya Angelon[ /size=1 ]

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  1:37:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow - glad I came upon this - what really great ideas!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Try This: Previous Topic uses for dryer sheets! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page