Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 HomeSafeHome
 Apple Cider vinegar really is a miracle cure all!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Apple Cider vinegar really is a miracle cure all! Next Topic
Page: of 4

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  3:35:39 PM  Show Profile
About 2 weeks ago, I awoke one morning with a throbbing headache and a knot the size of a golf ball on my forehead. The pain was unbelievable. My husband inspected it but could not find any bite marks (we thought maybe something had bitten me in my sleep). I don't easily go to the doctor so I decided to wait it out. It only got bigger and more painful. No redness, no warmth, just swelling and pain. I tried warm compresses, tea tree ointment, ice packs and even a heating pad. I was miserable. I had read in a farm mag not too long ago about using apple cider vinegar for various ailments. I was to the point of going to the ER, which would have been only my 2nd ER visit in my entire 47 years of life. The swelling had gotten so bad it was putting pressure on my temple and making me nauseated. I decided to give one more home remedy a try and yesterday during my shower I pour a cup of the vinegar on my hair. By noon I could tell a considerable amount of the swelling was gone. Last night I put some of the vinegar on a gauze and placed it over the knot. Morning came and the knot was almost gone and no pain. This morning I rinsed my hair with it again. The knot and pain are now completely gone. The only bad part about the whole process is I've been asked at least 50 times if I had been eating pickles.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  3:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Victoria- if you rinse a bit longer, the vinegar smell should fade more- or if you do another shampoo after the vinegar. So glad it cured your knot. I wonder what it was!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  5:00:07 PM  Show Profile
My husbands Aunt Patsy said if you have heartburn to take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, but it has to have the mother in it.

Glad you are okay Victoria. By the way where in Tx are you?

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  6:22:00 PM  Show Profile
If you take just 1 TBLSP of Apple Cider Vinegar a day (or a pill they sell) you will notice much shorter nad lighter periods!
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  1:23:20 PM  Show Profile
Jacksonville is in deep East Texas. About 20 miles south of Tyler.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

Jonquil
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

pam
nashville tn
USA
10 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  08:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Jonquil a Yahoo! Message
Apple cider vinegar is wonderful if you want to shed a few pounds. Put a teaspoon in a teaglass of water, add a little honey, and your appetite will drop. I used it to keep down water weight when Aunt Flo visited, and it always worked!

An eighth of a cup in warm bathwater helps to stop itching and makes your skin softer.

A starry sky is the best roof.
Go to Top of Page

berrygirl
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Angela
Hendersonville NC
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  4:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Send berrygirl a Yahoo! Message
My mother in law loves apple cider vinegar. She uses it to soak her feet where she has swelling and arthritis, it works great.

The good old days are the ones you live today...
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  08:12:54 AM  Show Profile
I'm a huge fan of ACV too! I drink it twice a day in an ice cold class of water. It has helped me with so many things, that I have made it part of my daily routine these past few years. According to studies it helps many different things, kidney, liver,arthritis, and more! I have experimented with quitting for a few weeks and was amazed how fast my aches and pains came back. It works great for me!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

sharikrsna
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Shari
Carthage Illinois
USA
182 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  07:43:58 AM  Show Profile
My Grandma swears it cleans out your arteries too.

Shari
Farmgirl Sister #607
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  08:33:23 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, do you know where you can buy ACV with the mother in it?

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Meadowflower
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lisa
Harrisburg Pa
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  2:18:10 PM  Show Profile
This is the brand you want to look for: http://bragg.com/products/acv.html

It's Bragg ACV with the mother. You can find it in most health food stores and probably in the natural food aisle of larger supermarkets.

*~Lisa~*
Twitter: @mflowerfarm

My little farm blog: http://meadowflowerfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  3:57:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks much, Lisa!

~~Cherry~~

http://cherrymedarlin.blogspot.com

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  8:20:59 PM  Show Profile
I have to tell you I'm a believer in it too. My husband was having terrible leg spasms in the middle of the night after working outside all day and I read on the internet that acv will stop the cramps and it really did. He took a couple of tablespoons before bed and never had cramps. The nights he missed taking it the cramps came back. Just wanted Hi neighbor to eastTXFarmgirl! You probably don't live all that far from me.

Sharlet
Go to Top of Page

Pinkyatmoosehollowfarm
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Josephine
Albany New Hampshire
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  5:30:00 PM  Show Profile
There was a book many years ago called Vermont
Folklore medicine. The entire book was based on Apple Cider Vinegar and honey. Just remember never feed honey to a baby under the age of two.

Pink is not just a color...it's an attitude!
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  09:26:05 AM  Show Profile
You should read the book about ACV by Patricia Bragg. It's a very interesting book and gives lots of home remedies involving raw apple cider vinegar.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  1:40:01 PM  Show Profile
You need to find out what it was. So glad it is gone, but what caused this?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  12:41:09 PM  Show Profile
I know that you can get acv with the mother in it at Whole Foods if you have one close by . . .

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:51:27 AM  Show Profile
My husbands Aunt and he have just started using the raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar for heartburn. They both have had miracle results! Its amazing!!! Hubby had trouble every day and was tired of taking pills that didnt seem to always work but the cider vinegar really works.

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

Mollymaude
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Vickie
San Angelo TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  09:38:05 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer,

Where is Bedias TX?

To remain silent and indifferent is a great sin
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  6:18:06 PM  Show Profile
I just got a bottle of the braggs acv at my local grocery store. I thought of all I had heard here on the farm about it when I saw it so I bought it. :) Not to sound ignorant here but what is the mother in the vinegar that you spoke of?

"All you need is faith, trust and......a little bit of pixie dust" ~Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

DvilleMama
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Lyn
Small Town MI
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  8:14:54 PM  Show Profile
I had bronchitis a couple of weeks ago & had to take anti-biotics. As always, the anti-biotics caused a candida issue. Sorry if too personal but it really worked & I have to share this! I started drinking some mixed with water 2x a day and would also 'wash' with it. I kid you not, it went away in 2-3 days without any returning symptoms. I get the Bragg's raw organic ACV. I think this might be the only brand that's raw with the mother in it? I am a huge believer. Recently, I've started using it as a face toner. Again, mixed it with water & put a few drops of tea tree oil. My face is looking nice with fewer break-outs. I also agree with the lighter, less bloated t.o.m. I thought something was wrong with me until I read this post tonight. It makes sense now.
Denise, the mother is the culture that turns the apple juice into vinegar. Kind of like a culture that turns milk in to yogurt. Like yogurt, it's loaded with good probiotics & other good stuff that I can't remember what it is. I bought & downloaded the e-book from Bragg's website & read it when I have a question about ACV. The e-book explains what's in the ACV that makes it so good for you. Think it was only $5.

Lyn
Farmgirl Sister #1574
Mid-Michigan Farmgirl Chapter
http://simplelifeseeker.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2010 :  8:20:01 PM  Show Profile
I love acv too, but remember if you drink it daily it can wear away at the enamel in your teeth. I know someone that happened to, she switched to the pills. It is great in pet water to help discourage fleas.

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
www.whimsyscents.com
Go to Top of Page

Boisesue
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Susan
Boise ID
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  11:51:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Victoria, Glad the acv worked for the knot on your head. I want to thank all the farmgirl sisters for all of their post about the benefits of acv. I learned a lot from your posts.
Sharlet.......like your husband I too suffer from leg cramps at night and since I have a bottle of Braggs acv in my pantry I'm going to start taking it every night before bed. Hope it works as well for me as it does your hubby.

Boisesue
Farmgirl Sister #1731
Go to Top of Page

DvilleMama
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Lyn
Small Town MI
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  12:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, thanks for that tip. I never would have thought about the acid wearing down the enamel on my teeth. I do have veggie caps and a syringe. I can always make my own pills & take it like that. I'd just drink lots of h2o with 'em.

Lyn
Farmgirl Sister #1574
Mid-Michigan Farmgirl Chapter
http://simplelifeseeker.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  05:50:26 AM  Show Profile
Lyn, How much did you mix with water for your candida issue?

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

Queenie
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Lahnie
Horicon WI
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  9:08:52 PM  Show Profile
I have tried apple cider vinegar for my relux, but it made it worse.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic Apple Cider vinegar really is a miracle cure all! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page