Ms_Ed
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Edwina
Murfreesboro TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  6:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Ms_Ed a Yahoo! Message
I come from New England with family in the Bangor ME area, now living in the Boro in TN. There's a lot a similarities between the 2 states. As hot and muggy as mid-Tn is in the summer is equalled in ME by the snow and arctic cold. Wow to both.

Edwina Shannon
Live, love, learn, think, give, laugh, try
Go to Top of Page

TeaPriestess
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Dionne
Duluth Georgia
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  6:57:39 PM  Show Profile
Hellllooo Witchy sisters! I finally FOUND you! So glad to see you all here! Happy (belated) Solstice!

"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world."- Tien Yiheng
Yay I'm Farmgirl Sister #1690!
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  7:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll! Long time no chat! Happy Solstice to everyone and howdy again to Dionne! Ah, a fellow witchy farmgirl in my neck of the woods!

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  07:30:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Edwina, good to meet another Tn. gal!!! As I sit here in the winter with quilts wrapped around me I think, good thing we didn't move to Maine, we would be peoplecicles. :-) although right now I'm on the verge of melting. kinda hard to please I guess. LOL. Actually I'm enjoying experiencing all the different seasons after 13 yrs in Fla. Glad you joined us !!

Hi Dionne, glad you found us too.

Hey Dana, good to see you again. I've missed you!!!

happy Late Solstice to you all. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  10:12:38 AM  Show Profile
HELLLLOOOS to my witchy sista's!!!!!

I am so sorry, I switched email accounts and for whatever reasons MJF won't forward or change it, I have tried under my profile but no avail. SO with my work raging busy this tourista season (I work at a winery, doing tours and tastings. . .if ever you want to come to washington's wine country, just let me know) I haven't been able to post lately.

However I have today off, and am all rested up from our wild, sleepless solstice week, that I have some pics of the weedy farm here that I thought I would share with y'all.

First off is my momma's easter lillies, ahhhhh I wish you could smell the beauty coming off these!

Then there is my Staghorn Sumac (the non poisonous ones)

Up close

Then there is my ole Apple Crates turned into raised beds

Calundula and Nusurtriums

Dill, Garlic and Nursurtriums

Carrot- gone to seed, catnip and nusrtruiums (spelling in different every time)!

This is a box, I am still putting clippings in to compost. The hardest thing about doing these boxes as raised beds is they take a ton of soil.

Then these are three full of salad stuff, like lettuce, tomatoes. You can see our hop tower in the back, next to the shop my DH built of all free materials. Like the school bus and dump truck?

Chamomile growing in our "lawn".

The Hop "May Pole" Tower thus far. . .

Lastly the grotto for my mother

Hope everyone is celebrating summer and giving gratitude to
Gaia.

Warmest (and roudiest) blessin's,
h

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only a Goddess knows how many apples are in a seed." ~anonymous

Watch Films by Heide at
http://www.youtube.com/user/strangesky
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  5:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
Heide, your pictures are absolutely beautiful taking! thank you for sharing them with us!and welcome to all the new sisters! so nice to hear from you all:) I hope everyone had a great solstice to you all! I know I know a bit delayed but I have been very very busy lately...hope all is well with all my sisters Blessings,

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

Ms_Ed
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Edwina
Murfreesboro TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  6:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Ms_Ed a Yahoo! Message
Nice to be welcomed. great pics...

Edwina Shannon
Live, love, learn, think, give, laugh, try
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  11:41:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, Heide, love the pictures. great idea to use the apple boxes for raised beds. the grotto is lovely.

Jennifer, it's never to late to pass on blessings. this has been a busy time hasn't it?

i have discovered a problem with gardening, Mother Nature doesn't wait for you to have a "good" day to harvest. LOL. we are so blessed to have such a problem, too much food. ; )

blessings y'all. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  2:10:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!! I, like Heide have been busy busy now that the weather finally warmed up - nothing like doing April work in June. I was beginning to think we weren't going to have a summer at all. My tomatoes are finally greening up again so they might survive after all. Hail storms, driving rain and really cold temps until just 4 days ago. Finally got the lavender plants all pruned up after lots of frost damage and they are putting on buds so should have a harvest but not as wonderful as last year. Strawberries are finally starting to blush but very small berries this year. There is nothing like 27 degrees on the blooms to stunt the berries. It feels so good to play in the dirt at long last. I always feel so much more balanced after getting really dirty....!!!

Welcome to all new comers. Hope all is well with everyone and a good solstice celebration was had by all. Did anyone get a glimpse of the eclipse?

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  4:32:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sheri, so glad the weather has finally warmed up for you. I missed the eclipse, was outside before and after, must have remembered the time wrong, but the full moon sure was beautiful. Happy playing in the dirt. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  6:16:52 PM  Show Profile
i am glad things have warmed up for you. We on the other hand have the opposite problem. My tomatoes won't grow it is soooo hot. My horses are having trouble with over heating, the plants are burning up and my electric bill is $100. more for May and June than ever before. I personally am rather enjoying this hurricane as it has cooled things off considerably. It was a beautiful moon.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  7:43:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey girlies, I thought I would let you all know that I am doing a witchy etsy shop, I am clearing out my broom cupboard as selling off lots of vintage altar items if you have any interest. Also, new Aphrodite's Wish soap will be up on the etsy site this week, I just sliced the bars and they are lush! Fresh rose petals and dragonsblood resin and bourbon vanilla made with moonblessed rainwater, charged with rose quartz.

Yes, I make all the spirit boards :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/mysticnellies

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
www.whimsyscents.com

Edited by - Sarahpauline on Jul 01 2010 11:44:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  08:10:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,

I just checked out your witchy etsy shop. Very cool. I like the spirit boards. Did you make them?

Thanks for all the kudos for the pics. It is nice to share them, wish y'all could come on over and have an afternoon tea.

Best,
h

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only a Goddess knows how many apples are in a seed." ~anonymous

Watch Films by Heide at
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  09:02:44 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. Brrr....38 degrees this morning!!! It IS July isn't it???? This has been a very strange year weather wise. Love your gardens, Heide. Mine look more like May than the first of July. We are supposed to be back down in the low 60's with rain again tomorrow. It sure zapps my energy - makes me feel out of sync. Hope all is well with everyone. Take care in that high heat.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  09:19:29 AM  Show Profile
i know that this hurricane is hard on a lot of people but it sure has made it cooler here. We are down into the 80's here and you can actually breath without feeling like you are under water. It is pouring rain but we really needed the rain so i won't complain. Hope it warms up for you Sheri. The weather has been very strange this year. I really think it is GAIA saying enough is enough.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

mayamade
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

maya
minneapolis minnesota
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  12:55:10 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Sarahpauline

Hey girlies, I thought I would let you all know that I am doing a witchy etsy shop, I am clearing out my broom cupboard as selling off lots of vintage altar items if you have any interest. Also, new Aphrodite's Wish soap will be up on the etsy site this week, I just sliced the bars and they are lush! Fresh rose petals and dragonsblood resin and bourbon vanilla made with moonblessed rainwater, charged with rose quartz.

Yes, I make all the spirit boards :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/mysticnellies

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
www.whimsyscents.com

oh I love you etsy shop! i made it a favorite. very nice indeed. you should check out my etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/mayamade. i do an artfire shop too.

do we have an etsy sellers thread here? today we are just hanging around the homestead. i am working on my online stores and we are recovering from being burgarized. we are hoping to get the computer back and the car was returned thank goddess.
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  6:45:48 PM  Show Profile
Maya, you and I used to be neighbors, up til about two years ago I lived near the mall of america! I love your sprays too, I may have to order somefrom you, the labels are so cute!

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
www.whimsyscents.com

Edited by - Sarahpauline on Jul 01 2010 6:47:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

mayamade
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

maya
minneapolis minnesota
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  09:31:31 AM  Show Profile
oh that sounds like so much fun tasha!

tracy, i am of the old celtic religion, a family tradition. some families have been cristian a v. long time. mine has always been an earth goddess based religion. if you have any specific question i am sure the women here would be happy to answer them.
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  12:26:27 PM  Show Profile
Waning moon, time to do a few banishment spells/meditations. Looking forward to lughnasadh.. anyone else doing any wheat weaving or anything in honor of Lugh for the upcoming Sabbat? I am going to try add a couple of photos. I dipped lots of candles, some are in my etsy shop, and I also made a fetish doll, did some lughnasadh soap. Usually I make a calendula orange bar for this one but this year I did rosemary, mint and orange peel which I think is so perfect for it.

I give up, I cant load photos...uncle already.

fat people are harder to kidnap.

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
www.whimsyscents.com
www.etsy.com/shop/daltonfabrics
Go to Top of Page

mayamade
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

maya
minneapolis minnesota
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  09:09:44 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Sarahpauline

Maya, you and I used to be neighbors, up til about two years ago I lived near the mall of america! I love your sprays too, I may have to order somefrom you, the labels are so cute!

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
www.whimsyscents.com

how did we miss each other?
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  7:05:27 PM  Show Profile
Sarah,

to do pics you have to upload them onto Flickr. Then go to the "picture size" when you click that under the pic is the URL. copy it then come here do your post. Then click the pic icon above and copy and paste the url in between the image brackets and it should publish.

Hope that helps, thats how I do it and it has worked for me. I would love to see your pics.

Best,
h

Watch Films by Heide at
Go to Top of Page

mayamade
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

maya
minneapolis minnesota
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  09:00:18 AM  Show Profile
how is everyone? here it's been storming or super hot. the garden is growing well and i am tincturing and soaping and and and... :lol:
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  11:39:22 AM  Show Profile
Maya, you and me both! I tried some heirloom watermelons this year, and they are taking over as I knew they would. Tomatoes look good though. I am curing several batches of soap for upcoming shows, Dragonsblood, Frankincense and Myrrh, Bergamot, Strawberries and cream, Nag Champa, Charcoal, Bluebell, Orange Spice, Bourbon Vanilla to name just a few...my studio is packed to the rafters.

fat people are harder to kidnap.

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
www.whimsyscents.com
www.etsy.com/shop/daltonfabrics
Go to Top of Page

mayamade
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

maya
minneapolis minnesota
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  09:20:20 AM  Show Profile
ohhh those sound good. i am working on a mocha soap, tincturing echinacea, black walnut and yarrow. your sigline makes me laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  09:51:36 AM  Show Profile
Morning all. Everyone geared up for the energy effects of the solar eclipse? Been making jam and working in the garden. Also picking fleeces and washing now that the weather is finally cooperating. Dogs got skunked full on so have been dealing with that as well. Ick. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page