Page: of 83

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  09:16:38 AM  Show Profile
Tasha, Of course you do! We must be star sisters! If I lived in Minnesota I would be on my way over for tea. However I don't know how you manage in all that snow. I was bartering a month ago with mother nature begging for no more snow here. Maybe we can meet somewheres sunny and warm but until then it is so great to connect with you here.
Best
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  06:39:24 AM  Show Profile
peaking out of the broom closet. LOL. I'm new to the forum and new to paganism. I am drawn to the appalachian granny woman tradition. with Scottish, Irish, and Cherokee ancestors. I hope to be able to find someone in the area to learn from, but haven't a clue how to go about doing that. LOL.

the besom swap sounds great. I'm not sure how that works since I'm still figuring out the site, but would love to participate. My daughter Deidre introduced me to Wicca when she bought a book on the subject. there was a chapter on hearing the call of the Goddess. I can't tell you how many times in my life I have awakened to the sound of a female voice calling my name, to find no one there. Made me go hmmmmmm. LOL.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling, my brain isn't working too well today(this darned illness I deal with). but I just want to say, I'm happy to meet you all. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  10:57:35 AM  Show Profile
Blessings Phyllis.:) I'm waiting to see what's next. I think the broom swap is a great idea too. I am not new to Paganism exactly but have always been 'alone' as I have never found anyone in my area to hang out with and learn from. So I guess I am a 'book pagan' I am hoping to learn here too.
Welcome!
hattah

"Never spend time with people who do not respect you."

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  11:12:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Hattah, Love your tag line. took me a long time to learn that. we almost moved up to your area, read everything I could on Maine, but finally decided to come back home to Tn.

I too am kinda a "book pagan" . in this area there aren't very many folks like us I think. It's also not something you advertise here, ya know? Glad to find some folks here that have similar interests.

thanks so much for the welcome. hope to get to know everyone better. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  8:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Okay, now wouldn't it be sooooo cool to have a witchy farmgirl book??? Oh, I wish! Anyone have any suggestions of what's already out there that is along that line? I wish I could write one on my own.....

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  06:40:37 AM  Show Profile
Hey Carol! Are you familiar with "Kitchen Witch"? It is a book and for the life of me I can't remember if it is by Raven Silverwolf or Patricia Telesco. Google will bring up a lot of info on being a kitchen witch. I think it is a large part of who I am!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  08:15:12 AM  Show Profile
I would so love to be a part of writing a "witchy farm girl" book! There is soooooooo much useful info that could be in it. From cooking tips, blessings and plant info. Like I just got some endangered seed for a plant called "Broom Corn" a grain grown just to make brooms. You know where I am going with this?

h.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  10:52:34 AM  Show Profile

Okay Seriously. Being that there is this group of self proclaimed "book pagans." There are others like myself, who have been influenced by other cultures and like to explore traditions, finding the whole "witch" knowledge very interesting and useful. There is lots of valuable information about caring for ourselves, thought of as "witchy" and women miss out, thinking it is something bad or scary. It can be as simple as wives tales that ring true, or herbs/food that are medicinal and heals. I am getting started. . .

If anyone has any "witchy" stories, celebrations, customs or wisdom please pass it on to me because I am so motivated to start this "Witchy Farm Girls" endeavor.

Blessings,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  12:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Miss Dana, I love Kitchen Witch, I think it's by Patricia Telesco. My copy is lost in the mess that is my house at the moment. we are remodeling the house and things are scattered everywhere.

I find myself drawn to kitchen witchery, and hedge witchery. thats one reason I mentioned the Granny woman tradition, seems , to me at least, to be a good combination of the two. I am still searching to find where I fit best. that is why I used the 'book pagan' description, I read everything I can get my hands on, and since the only people I know that are interesting in such things are my husband and daughter, I haven't done much in the way of ritual.

I would enjoy a witchy farm girl book. hope you more experienced farmgirls write one. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  4:53:59 PM  Show Profile
Phyllis, I think "Book Pagan" sounds really smart.
I just think that when you say pagan it can scare people, because it is referring to a religion.
I was just saying that I like, what you like, granny women traditions. Where it isn't nessesarily religious but anothers customs of how country women took care of themselves (physicaly, mentally, and spiritually)and their families. My granny was a healer but because of her nationality it is considered a "witch doctor".
Does that make sense? I just don't think that word "witch" is used wisely and some important info is getting lost because of fear.
I think we all perform rituals, (eating, showering, driving to town or as sacred as belonging to a faith and church). So it is how we show gratitudes and blessings that make it "witchy" rituals.
So does anyone else want to help me start to define
"What is a Witchy farmgirl?"

Best,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  5:23:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I am new to this and all other chat rooms. I have been following witchy things for over 10 years but just found Mary Jane's Farm this year. I bought a magazine when I was at the feed store buying horse feed. I am happy to hear that there are more witchy farm girls out there. I would love to become a part of this group.

May the force of the Horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  5:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Beth! Welcome to MJF!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  8:12:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Dana am looking forward to getting involved.
The broom swap sounds fun but I think I would have needed more time to join would love to be involved in what ever is next.

May the force of the Horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  05:36:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey Heide, now that's what I was trying to say!! LOL. you said it so much more clearly than I. I have studied Wicca, Buddhism,Native Spirituality, Feng Shui, you name it. I'm not a formal person and am much more comfortable with the everyday rituals.

My granny cured me of warts when I was little. She took 3 broom straws and rubbed them on the warts and buried them. I'm sure there was more to it than that but I was very young and can't remember. there were lots of "old wives tails" spoken of around the house. Where was your Grandmother from if you don't mind my asking. I would love to find someone to learn from like your Grandmother.

Hi Beth, good to meet you!!! looking forward to getting to know you.

blessings my sisters. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
Ladies,

Have any of you read the Green Witch Herbal? It's one of my faves:

http://rubyurl.com/7qD3

Also, here's the Kitchen Witch book:

http://rubyurl.com/qNUo

Enjoy :)

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
So I have an idea for the witch book, if we want to do it. It could be something similar to the farmgirl cookbook, that we could have custom printed. How about we give each witchgirl a set number of pages to do with as they please? They could decorate them, add recipes, insights, etc. You could even set up collage pages by hand - like real collages - and then we could scan them in and make them pages. What do you all think?

Also, I've looked all over and I can't seem to find the online farmwitchy forum! Can someone point me in the right direction?

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  10:44:13 AM  Show Profile
I think that is Brillant!

Maybe everyone does a broom and takes photos of them all? For the swap. . .

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  4:47:42 PM  Show Profile
sjs that is a great idea! i love 'cut and paste' lol.

a pagan child at heart i am.

hattah

"Never spend time with people who do not respect you."

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  3:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi, SJS, that is a great idea!! I haven't read the herbal book, I will have to check it out. Hattah, don't know how to 'cut and paste', I will have to get out my apple for dummies book. LOL. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  09:45:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rosemary, good to meet ya!! you have some lovely art on your site. take care. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

hanlonfive
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Kelli
Galion Ohio
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  4:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Send hanlonfive a Yahoo! Message
OH MY GODDESS! Tasha!!!!!! Witchy farmgirl here for sure!!!!! Please shoot me an email so that I can join in all the fun!!!!!!

"Not all who wander are lost".

Visit my blog!
http://2dreamlucid.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  8:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I have always wanted this. It is a set of five books, the Kitchen Grimoire, and each one is around $15.95. Does anyone have these? I'd appreciate a Witchy Farmgirl's opinion:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Kitchen-Grimoire-Volume-5/dp/0977472248/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1DX512BT7T580&colid=22CMQPF4KD75X

Also, when do we get our own place on here? The Witchy Farmgirls Place?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  8:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone have any favorite witchy farmgirl blogs they can recommended? I love to look at blogs.... thank you! And Bright Blessings to you all,

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  9:12:50 PM  Show Profile
Oooh, yes! Please post some witchy blogs if any one knows of any...that would be fantastic!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  05:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Rosemary...I liked your blog too!
I'm following this topic and encouraging all of ya. I have studied a little Wiccan but not enough to join ya.
Good luck!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page