Page: of 83

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  08:17:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Barbara, welcome !!! this thread gets a bit slow sometimes, but the ladies are all wonderful. so what's the story on your black cat. we have two cats and a doggy that found us, but the cats are both tabbies, one yellow and one grey. the critters very kindly let us live in their house. LOL.

good to meet you. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  08:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. How nice to see some posts here as it's been pretty quiet ever since Heide quit posting.

What is everyone doing to create forward moving change in their lives as this spring solstice is about to be upon us? This year I have decided to make peaceful mindfulness my goal for the year. The idea that by changing my "story habits" ie the same old thinking patterns that keep me stuck, I can change my life. Some days I am better at it than others but I have to say that for me, It has really helped me to feel so much more optimistic even though my financial challenges haven't changed all that much. I have called it "My Grand Experiment" and have been journaling my progress into living more in the present. Change your mind and change your life..... The alchemy of the spirit.

As the time of renewal is upon us - I wish you all peaceful mindfulness. It's like living in the quiteness in the midst of chaos.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  09:08:16 AM  Show Profile
Well the story is simple. Like I said that sometimes I know things before they happen. We where traveling on some country roads and my children wanted me to drive faster. I told them know because you never know when someone might be crossing the road. Well over the next hill top someone was crossing the road luckly I was going slow. My children started teasing me saying "ohh how did I know that?". I just laughed. Later that week I was telling my husband to slow down because you never know when a little black cat will run in front of your car. He said that I was not going to get lucky again with a prediction. Well, I had a little black cat run out in front of my car as I was getting on the interstate after leaving work 7PM. No one was behind me I stopped and picked up the kitten and put it in my car. She was about 5" nose to tip of tail. Well then I started thinking what have I done? Put a wild kitten in my car. She sat very still on the floor mat blinking at me. The drive home is about 25 mins. When I got home I remembered the great dane, newfie mix, and an allergic husband. Well everyone survived. The dane would let her sleep with her, the newfie mix played nice, and the "allergic" husband loves that cat. We have had her for 2yrs and would not trade her for anything. So now in our house "You never know when a little black cat will run in front of you!" Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  09:18:53 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Barbara. I have had those kind of psychic flashes all my life. I think everyone has it to some degree but most folks don't trust themselves enough to believe what spirit is telling them. The story of the cat is wonderful - how many times things come into our lives seemingly "out of the blue" or as if by magic. I truly believe that all of life is magic if we just take the time to notice.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  10:04:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi, welcome to the thread for those of you that are new. As far as moving forward in our lives I have decided that I am ready for my farm. I am doing positive thinking and manifesting so I have it soon. I have started cleaning out cupboards etc. so I will be ready when it manifests. Love having all of you here and knowing we are all on the same page. LOL. Happy Spring.

Blessings

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  06:25:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, Sheri, I love your post. I'm currently working on my kitchen alter. I find most of my days are filled with just trying to do basic things, with some physical challenges, I seem to spend most of my time thinking of what I should be doing. going to try to reframe things into a more spiritual realm. I'm generally a positive person, my brain seems to come up with all kinds of things I want to do, my body just won't cooperate. LOL. so I think I"m going to try to use my down time to study.

Barbara, thanks for sharing your story. I too have flashes of intuition, learned early on to ignore them, and ALWAYS regret it. LOL. learning now to listen. my Mom when I was little would discourage such things, "shut up kid, you're scaring me" lol.

Beth, I'm so happy that you are making prep.for your farm. that is wonderful!! we have our little "farm" on 1/4 acre in a small town. planning garden beds now, hope to grow a lot of our food this year. it's the life we wanted since we married almost 36 yrs ago and watched Good Neighbors on PBS. it's about a couple that goes self sufficient in a trendy London suburb. Love it!!

Happy Spring y'all. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  07:15:53 AM  Show Profile
When I was little, I saw things other people couldn't see and it scared my Mom like crazy. I am also an empath and feel other peoples feelings. That scared her as well and she always used the line "you have such a good imagination"....when I would pick up other peoples feelings as a kid I took to calling them "my phoney feelings" but I was never able to shut it off altogether. I know it's kept me from harms way when I pay attention, thats for sure.

I hope you will be feeling better soon, Phyllis. I will send some light and good energy your way. Isn't working on alters fun? I love working on mine. I have little "alters" all over my house. When ever we group things with intent, it is an alter of the spirit. I am gearing up to start my garden seeds. We are moving a greenhouse this weekend that was gifted to me from a friend that used to sell herb plants as her business. It's so cool - one of those big hoop greenhouses. I am really excited. We have such a short season here that it will really help out on both ends of the season.

Have a great day all.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  07:29:21 AM  Show Profile
I have been quietly lurking here and learning. I have recently set out on a spiritual path that is more in line with you girls than other groups I've been part of. You are a wise bunch of women. Thank you for sharing with those of us that are so new to this.
Phyllis, I just had to comment on Good Neighbors....that is one of my ALL TIME favorite programs. We are lucky to live in the country on 2 acres, but I still LOVE the idea of folks farming in town.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  08:23:13 AM  Show Profile
I remember watching Good Neighbors year ago. It is really cute. Having lived in the UK it is even funnier.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  1:02:28 PM  Show Profile
I lived in England too, Beth. Where abouts did you live?

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  07:45:54 AM  Show Profile
Actually, I lived in Aberdeen, Scotland but they got all the same TV. Where did you live? We were there from 1989 to 1994.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  10:09:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi all, Sheri thanks for the good energies, I really appreciate you thoughtfulness. I am enjoying working on my alter, although I do have a hard time deciding what to put on it. I'm going to attempt to make a Brigid statue, time will tell if I can actually do it. LOL.

I do love the Good Neighbors, I love most British comedies, and mysteries. I'm really jealous of you all living in England. I have some friends there and I've often told them if I ever come for a visit, I ain't leaving. LOL. I watch the shows and think, hey I could live in that little village and be really happy. Of course, I'm not unhappy here, just think it would be really neat.

Hope everyone is having a great day. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  10:14:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sheri, I forgot to say congrats on your new greenhouse !!!! that is amazing !!! we have talked about turning the gazebo in the back yard into a small green house. for now, I'm just trying to figure out where to put the garden beds and my herb garden. there is so much to do here, old houses are so much fun. LOL. actually I do love it, always wanted to live in a old house. my best memories are at my aunts who always lived in old houses, and had flowers and was and is a real farmgirl. I hope to be just like her when I grow up. LOL. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sheri I wish I had a greenhouse! Congrats!! I know that you will love it. We have so much shade right now in our yard - I hope to cut some of the old dead trees down. Tn.Earthmama - I laughed when you said that you freaked your mom out when you were little. My mom just figured that I was different and went with it I guess. I think that I was so head strong from the beginning I must have tierd her out. I haven't seen the show Good Neighbors how can I see it here in the states?

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:46:33 PM  Show Profile
I lived in Devon in the south west of England...not very far from Exmoor and all it's wonderful legends. I only lived there a few months in 1985, but would move back in a heartbeat!
I'm getting a greenhouse too! My oldest daughter is building it as part of her ag class. It should be done in the next week or two and I can hardly wait!

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  12:49:28 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I am really excited. I have struggled for so many years just trying to harden off my plants or keeping them going until they are finished at the end of the season. Just the plastic I need to buy for the hoops though is really spendy. We had tried to get it moved last fall but my friend's husband passed from cancer so we just left it until now. I have been so lucky to be so blessed by gifts like that.

I think we draw to ourselves our fondest wishes. Sometimes it may take years before things materialize but eventually they do. I was pondering where I am in my life just the other day and realized that just about everything I wished for as a teenager has come to fruition. I have my homestead. I live in a log house. I have my gardens, my sheep, my chickens, my spinning wheels...the list goes on and on. How truly magical life is in retrospect!! Did it just materialize? No. Did I work my butt off for it? Yes. Was it worth it??? Yes, yes and yes. The only thing I really wanted and haven't received yet is a floor loom. I am sure I will get there.

Have you ever sat down and thought about what you projected into your future as a teen and what if any of it came true? Interesting. Would love to hear what your experiences at manifestation have been.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  5:52:31 PM  Show Profile
Sheep Mom 2 I can say that I am still in the process of my fondest wishes. I have my two boys (just about grown). A wonderful husband who a has the same aspirations of owning a homestead. I have always believed like you have stated that we can project our future but it does take hard work. I will keep venturing towards my wishes. Oh - somethings have come to pass with not as much work - I consider those things as gifts that I have been blessed with or my good deeds have been returned to me. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  08:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
I KNEW I had seen this topic when I first started looking around in the Chat Rooms but could never find it again!! Glad to be here with you ladies!

In my early 20s I was drawn to the Earth Religions and have been studying and learning ever since (almost 30 years).

Sheri, very cool about your greenhouse!

I look forward to visiting here often and getting to know all of you better!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  09:10:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning and brrrr....it snowed last night. Today I am working on putting order into my chaos. I have been crafting like crazy and have stuff stacked everywhere. Tomorrow the grandkids are coming to visit so I have to batten down the hatches for little hands. I tend to make piles of stuff all around me when I am working on a project and then I have to pause, clear the area so I can think and see what I've got going! That brings me to the subject of energy clearing. What do you all do to clear the energy in a space? I have a sort of ritual - first the clutter layer, then the actual cleaning, then I burn sage and ask for blessings and positive energy. I would love to hear what you do to cleanse the energy in your spaces.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  10:14:54 PM  Show Profile
I do pretty much the same thing you do but add a ritual sweeping which includes corners of the room and around the ceiling where negative energy can accumulate. I also have a couple of alcoves that I give an extra sweep too just in case negative energy gets stuck in them.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  08:34:39 AM  Show Profile
Candy, welcome!!! glad you found us again. looking forward to getting to know you.

Barbara, The Good Neighbors is on a lot of the PBS stations. if not on yours, I know you can get them from netflix. we love our netflix, gives us a chance to sample lots of things, very cheaply. as for my Mom, she didn't appreciate "different", lol. the stuff I was doing was really scary to her. so I learned to not talk about it. my daughter Deidre is very sensitive, empathic, and I'm learning to listen to my intuition again.

kelly, wonderful that your daughter is building you a greenhouse. that's amazing.

gotta run, the cat has decided my laptop is a good bed, and won't give up. LOL. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  2:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
Count me in! new to MJF and A solitary wiccan looking to branch out also new at that aswell!

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  4:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jennifer, welcome!!!! good to meet you. drop in often, sometimes it gets really quiet around here, I know you have knowledge and wisdom to share.

blessed Ostara to all. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  5:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jennifer, this is a good place to be. Lots of really nice ladies here.

Farmgirl Sister 572

Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  12:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Happy Equinox to all of you!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page