Page: of 83

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  8:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Oh Tasha, that's terrible that you have to work with people like that. Cindy is right, Jesus didn't do that kind of stuff, forcing his beliefs and teachings on others. It was just out there if people wanted to follow and believe on their own. Carry around your jet or black tourmaline with you for the protective power there. Sprinkle some salt around there, too. Gosh maybe you can freeze these people. Do you know about freezing them??? Take a piece of paper, write their names on it. Fold it over three times to create a small triangle. Put it in a little zip lock bag with some water in it to cover the little triangle you made. Throw it in the back of your freezer and forget about it. It won't hurt them but will freeze them out and hopefully they will leave you alone, for a while anyway. Good luck!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  07:45:20 AM  Show Profile
Carol,

I have never heard of that. Sounds great. I am going to use that one as well. I love these tips. I hope more people will share...

Amy

For information on SUMMER SNOW please visit www.amywarwick.com

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it ~Aristotle
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  08:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hi Amy,

That's one of my favorite tips!! My friend told her therapist about it, and the therapist liked the idea so much she said she was going to tell her other clients to do it! LOL They don't know they are doing something witchy.... I love to get tips, too. There is a similar one where you can write the person's name on a piece of toilet paper, and well, LOL, and flush them away..... Yep, I would also like to hear tips from others!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  10:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Lol!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  10:56:05 AM  Show Profile
Actually, this is a great binding spell. But, add a tablesoon of sugar, then fill the bag with water. I write the troublemakers' name on a fall leaf and put it in the bag. Then shake the bag well while saying 9 times...

I am out of (name of troublemaker) head
His (her) ill-will torward me is shed.
(say at end of 9th) So mote it be.

Zip the bag and place it in the farthest corner of your freezer. You will be problem free (at least of this person) as long as the contents stay frozen.

I can attest to this....IT DOES WORK!!!

Magickally yours,

B ~

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth, and we have a sacred duty to protect her and return thanks for the gifts of life."

Edited by - Greyhound Mom on Jul 28 2009 10:57:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  11:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Hey Barbara, that is a great one! I love it! Thanks for sharing, I will definitely be using this as the needs arises!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  12:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Carol...Anytime! This is one of my favorites! Need anything else don't hesitate to ask! One of us will find an answer in this coven!

Magickally Yours,
B ~

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth, and we have a sacred duty to protect her and return thanks for the gifts of life."
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  12:39:55 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by carolbrigid#13;#10;
Oh Tasha, that's terrible that you have to work with people like that. Cindy is right, Jesus didn't do that kind of stuff, forcing his beliefs and teachings on others. #13;#10;
#13;#10;#13;#10;Actually, Carol, he did. That's how he incurred the wrath of the Sanhedrin, his trial by whom led directly to his crucifixion. You'll find it all spelled out in Mark 14:53Ð65, Matthew 26:57Ð68, Luke 22:63Ð71 and John 18:12-24.#13;#10;#13;#10;Modern-day Christians are fond of drawing on this aspect of the Jesus story, along with the incident with the money-lenders a the temple and his instructions to the apostles to hit the road preaching, as an excuse to proselytize as aggressively as possible. I'm sure there are other tidbits in the New Testament they would eagerly point to as "divine inspiration" for their perfectly horrid behavior.#13;#10;#13;#10;I've been in business for myself for a long time, 15 years here in this small town where the person-to-church ratio is roughly 100:1. In all that time, I've only been stiffed by customers three times. In every single one of those cases, the customer presented me with a business card that included a little Christian fish. These people have a serious disconnect between their religious values and how they express them in the real world. It's also possible they came to me specifically intending to harm me because I'm a NeoPagan (a.k.a. Witch). Here's why I think so. I checked out a few books at the library here a few years ago when researching a better way to handle my finances. One of the books turned out to have been written specifically for "saved" Christians. It contained a whole chapter on the "dilemma" of whether or not a saved Christian had to honor a debt to someone who wasn't saved. Believe it or not, the author's advice to his readers was basically, no, they didn't. So much for rendering unto Caesar....
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  12:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Mara,
Are you trying to change the font size in your posts? That could be a reason for the #13 and things like that showing up.
Anyone else have any idea of where that comes from?

Linda in Scranton, PA

Wear the apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  1:06:41 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by yarnmamma#13;#10;
Mara,#13;#10;Are you trying to change the font size in your posts? That could be a reason for the #13 and things like that showing up.#13;#10;Anyone else have any idea of where that comes from?#13;#10;#13;#10;
#13;#10;#13;#10;Thanks for that suggestion, Linda. I don't believe I'm doing anything like that. I do note, though, that it says "html is off." The FAQ doesn't address that at all. I'm really mysitified. This is a new situation for me, so I'm really stumped.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  1:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
ya probably just need to turn the html on...that means hotmail...and you can turn it on.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  1:30:10 PM  Show Profile
Girls, on the subject of protection spells in general, I remember a wonderful book I read a long time ago, and that I recommend if you can find it. It's called Positive Magic, written by Marian Weinstein. In it, she talks about "words of power," and how articulating a desire can set forces into motion that can have unintended consequences. She makes a persuasive case for avoiding "manipulative magic" by framing spells "for the good of all, and respecting the free will of all," with the ultimate beneficial outcome clearly visualized, but leaving to the Goddess (or Nature, if you prefer) the specifics of how this outcome will come about.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  1:34:42 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by yarnmamma

ya probably just need to turn the html on...that means hotmail...and you can turn it on.

Linda, I think HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. It something that allows us to use special formatting, like italics and so on. Do you know how to turn HTML on for Farmgirl COnnection? I can't find any way to do it. Might be a browser-related issue, or Mac -- as I said, it's a new problem, so maybe a recent browser of Mac upgrade is the culprit. I notice I only seem to be getting all the #13 #10 stuff when including a quote in my message, as I'm doing here. When I just post fresh, it isn't a problem. *sigh* I wish all we had to worry about was how to get our sheets white! :-)

EDIT: Looks like I might have inadvertantly licked the problem! And they say magick doesn't work ;-)

Edited by - Rosemary on Jul 28 2009 1:35:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  1:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I think it's probably a browser setting.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Jul 28 2009 2:21:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  3:12:16 PM  Show Profile
I have never had so much fun flushing the toilet. . . lol.
you ladies are the funniest witches, a girl could wish for. I would put a bag in the freezer but it is bustin' full of this seasons strawberries and cherries.

~Tasha, I am so sorry for the troubles you are having opening your shop, all the more reason to persist.

~Phyllis, have you ever tried Golden Seal, Blessed Thistle or Dandilion root? All of them are extremely bitter but fantastic liver cleansers. I made a tincture of Golden Seal with Honey and a few drops a day wasn't so bad and made a huge differance. My good friend (who happens to be a midwife) can't stop talking about taking a couple of drops a day of Tea Tree oil in a shot of water. It is super strong medicene and is anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti viral. . . so it covers a lot of bases. Hopefully that helps purify and strengthen your immunity.

Anyone celebrating Lammas? Here is what We'moon has to suggest. . .

"Lammas ~2009 We'moon

On August Eve, we honor and give thanks for the bonanza of a harvest yet to come, as the first fruits fall from the tree. In England, the Full Moon rises and sets over Silbury Hill, which ancient people perceived to be the belly of the birthing Goddess. Traditionally (even now) This holiday initiates a period of State, County and 4-H Fairs in the U. S., where what has been grown is shared and judged. At Native American pow-wows, people gather to share friendship, food, creative arts, dance and ritual. Bonfires are still lit on hills all over Switzerland for National Independence Day- but clearly as a remnant of the ancient holiday known all over pagan Europe.

Please the Spirits by making an offering of art on this day. One easy way to offer up spontaneous "feast" of beauty and gratitude is to make a collage from magazine images, note cards, calendars and the like. This is a magic spell. Choose images without censoring yourself - select all those that catch your attention whether you "like" them or not. Surprise yourself!"

Peaceful Blessings,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  3:25:25 PM  Show Profile
Lammas is a great time to trade vegetables we've grown, to trade with friends what we can spare for something we didn't plant this year. If you're not actually farming, you can do the same thing with a potluck gathering. A coven I used to work with a long time ago treated Lammas as the traditional market day in a different fashion: we would all bring something to the ritual that we'd made, or a poem we'd written -- whatever our gift of creativity had allowed us to produce -- wrapped like presents, so you couldn't really tell what was inside. We'd put all the packages on a big blanket and after the ritual, everyone would take something away (not their own contribution, of course).
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  4:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Tea tree oil can be ingested!!!! Really???? I have always read that it can only be used topically! I have to do a little research! Thanks!

Magickally yours,
B ~

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  4:24:26 PM  Show Profile
be careful using tea tree oil though! You really shouldn't ingest it and it is also chock full of phytoestrogens...

thanks all for the encouraging words! I really appreciate them! These people are really caught up in spells of their own making and I bound them already. The ice binding is a good one but there are so many. I have my favorites and save ice for those really needing it.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Etsy:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com

"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  4:43:31 PM  Show Profile
Ingest tea tree oil? Not if it's a true essential oil, and not even if massively diluted in a food-quality carrier oil (olive oil, safflower, etc). Adding it to water, as that midwife suggests, is dangerous because as we all know, oil and water don't mix; the essential oil thus enters the body full-strength. Once or twice might not be too damaging, but treating an infection requires a plan of attack that would have you drinking this several times a day for weeks on end. Not smart! There are many other herbal remedies with antibacterial properties that are safe to use internally. A tincture of rosemary (but not rosemary essential oil!) is one of them. It depends, though, on what bacterium you're trying to kill, and what other actions may be going on that need to be addressed. This is not something to experiment with. I urge anyone wishing to treat an infection herbally to consult a skilled medicinal herbalist. Consider an allopathic approach in cases where the infection is so acute that there just isn't time for the correct course of herbal treatment. Many physicians are now aware of their patients' interest in using herbal remedies and are willing to work with them to help them do so safely, with "modern" medicine standing by if needed.

Edited by - Rosemary on Jul 28 2009 4:48:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  4:57:41 PM  Show Profile
I mix tea tree oil, almond oil, witch hazel, lavender oil for a topical antibiotic for bites, stings, and even have used it for a nasty bacterial infection I had that settled in my lymph nodes. I used it topically, of course 3 x's/day for 7 days and the infection went away. My doctor was amazed, especially since the strong antibiotics she prescribed for me did not help me at all. And before I used my own concoction, the infection came back every year for about 6 years. I am now bacteria free and it never returned.

You can also omit the witch hazel & lavender oil, add rose oil to the tea tree oil and almond oil and it makes a wonderful muscle rub.

You are so right, Tasha, there are hundreds of spells out there...you just have to find the right one that works for you and make sure YOU are balanced and grounded when using it. Just be careful...there is also a spell to make sure that nothing comes back to you, after you have conjured the spell.

Magickally yours,
B ~

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  5:42:43 PM  Show Profile
GreyhoundMom, topical is the key. What's absorbed through the skin has a much different impact on our bodies than what does down the gullet :-) Glad you got yourself better!

Just my idea here, but it seems to me that any time you have to do a special spell to protect you from unintended blowback from another spell, maybe you need to look again at that other spell and see what's wrong with it. Could be it's too manipulative, or focused too specifically on a specific outcome, rather than working for the essence of the desired outcome. Like, say, you want your town to be more prosperous. Some company wants to move in and create jobs. Sounds great! You work a spell to ease their way through the building permit process and all that, the company moves in, hires a bunch of people, and they all get horribly sick because the permit people "mysteriously" overlooked a poorly designed ventilation system. Oops! But what if you'd just worked the spell for prosperity for the good of all, harming none, and so on -- and left it up to the Goddess how that would come about? No need to protect yourself from blowback on that, unless, of course, you don't want to pay higher taxes on increased income and property values :-)
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  5:45:32 PM  Show Profile
I'm preaching too much today. Typical crone! Gonna go sit in the corner and spin dreams for a while....
Go to Top of Page

Peacebird
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Marianne
Afton Va
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  6:00:19 PM  Show Profile
Mara - you are a fellow Virginian? and fellow crone as well! Greetings! I live near Charlottesville.

And no - you are not "preaching" at all. Your words of advice were well spoken, and such thought should always be given prior to acting, I think. It is always easier to wait and think carefully, than it is to retract words once spoken - in magic or otherwise.
Peace

chickens clucking, bees buzzing, flowers blooming, all is good!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  8:44:45 PM  Show Profile
Please be careful how you categorize "Modern day Christians." I have known Christians who didn't believe in hell, were Reiki Masters, were imprisoned for non-violent acts of civil disobedience--in short, were nothing like the stereotypical Bible-waving, fist-pounding, fire-breathing evangelicals that like to leave Bible tracts in your Tarot deck. There's room for ALL beliefs in this world, including mine, which might be described as an "eco-spiritualist" or a type of "Christian Naturalism" --I find God more clearly expressed in nature than I do in any church. there are others like me, but we're definately in the minority. I have no desire to be anything other than what I am, and if I'm misunderstood, so be it. As for tea tree oil--I read once that it was beneficial to your oral hygiene and to rub it on your gums for healthy gums. So I did--and I drooled for hours afterwards. Not fun!

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  06:05:31 AM  Show Profile
Something that I learned about essential oils from a Native American healer - use the purest organic oils that you can find and put them on the bottoms of your feet. They are absorbed very well from there. It certainly works for me.

Blessed day to you all . . .

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful. Welcome it in every face, in every skip, in every flower."

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page