Page: of 83

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  4:36:21 PM  Show Profile
Heide, that is wonderful!!! thank you so much for sharing it.

Mara, I know what you mean about those pennies. LOL. I won't be joining soon either. I found the chapter once before not in the henhouse section, but the other chapter section. However, when I checked yesterday it didn't pop up. I know Tasha is working on it, so don't give up on the idea just yet. besides we will all still be here, so new sisters can find us.

Hi Marianne, so good to meet you!!! I was thrilled to find new friends here to share with and learn from. so glad you are here.

bright blessings to all Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  07:13:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,
I was thinkin maybe this is a good time to start setting up a Winter Solstice Swap. . .anyone in? Email me your names and addresses by Halloween, then on Halloween I will email everyone personally with who they are swapping with. Then everyone has until Dec 21 to make the trade.
The suggested swap item would be a "Blessing Besom".
I know that seems so off in the future but considering how busy we all are; How does that sound?
Best,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  09:41:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey Heide, sounds great!!!! the way time flies it will be here before we know it. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  09:43:44 AM  Show Profile
hey ladies...just thought I'd let you know you can get your 2010 we'moon products through my site!!

http://artisanseclectic.webs.com

just thought I'd let you know while I had a second...

miss you all!!

~Tasha

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Etsy:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com

"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2009 :  1:29:02 PM  Show Profile
The winter solstice swap sounds fun. Count me in.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  06:12:35 AM  Show Profile
Wait...am I reading this all correctly!!! So exciting. This is like one huge coven? I love it! The Winter Solstice idea is fabulous! Would you take in a little Hedge Witch from SW Pa? And if so how do I get in? I apologize for just jumping in like this...but when I saw 'Witchy Farmgirls' my mind went in a thousand directions. So until I do hear from someone I will try to get all of these posts read so I can catch up! Thank you!

Magickally yours,
Barbara ~

www.enchantedwings.com
www.fairylaundry.com

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth, and we have a sacred duty to protect her and return thanks for the gifts of life."

Edited by - Greyhound Mom on Jul 19 2009 06:17:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  07:16:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Barbara,
No apologies necessary. We all just sort of jumped in. It is like a huge coven and everyone is accepting and helpful. You get in by just joining in the posts. They are also setting up a chapter and hope it is up soon.
Blessings

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  08:46:49 AM  Show Profile
hi Barbara, so glad you found us!!! nothing to apologize for, this is how we all found each other. Love to have a hedge witch from Pa. in our gang. I think the besom swap sounds like lots of fun, too. the farmgirls here are lots of fun and very supportive and welcoming.

blessings to all. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  9:00:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Beth & Phyllis...I look forward to being a part of a group that I feel comfortable with and understand! I will keep in touch and try to get some of these older posts read...

Magickally yours, B ~

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth, and we have a sacred duty to protect her and return thanks for the gifts of life."
Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  06:08:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Barbara! It's always nice to have a new "face." I also signed up for the Solstice Swap and am looking forward to participating.

Blessings and happy Monday to you all!

Jonnie

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful. Welcome it in every face, in every skip, in every flower."

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  07:31:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Jonnie for the warm welcome! I am looking foward to the swaps too. I see many of us on this forum have Etsy stores or online shoppes and of course....all of us have that 'special' creative streak found in our kind! And I love that! Thanks for the opportunity!

Magickally yours,
Barbara ~
Castle Shannon
(Pittsburgh, PA)

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  08:58:46 AM  Show Profile
Will someone please explain what an "etsy" is. I've never seen them anyplace else. If you want to take it off line, please feel free to send me an email.

Thanks!

Jonnie

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful. Welcome it in every face, in every skip, in every flower."

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  09:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jonnie, ETSY.com is a site for selling homemade arts and crafts. it's got tons of stuff. I love to go there and look around. check it out, I think you'll like it. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  09:58:12 AM  Show Profile
Etsy is an online site that is all handcrafted items made by many talented crafts people! A lot of people are just starting out (maybe in a small business) and this is a good place for exposure. You can just about find everything you want on Etsy and mostly reasonably priced too. If you want to display handcrafted things that you make you can put them on this site too. Just go to www.etsy and browse around. You'll love it!

Magickally yours,
B ~

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  06:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I would rather be a witch than a Christian....
ok....I won't go into detail here...I'm going to privately email somebody.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Put on your apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  06:22:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Linda I so agree with you!!! Email me and we'll talk!

B ~

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  06:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Barbara, I would love to talk with ya. I went ahead and spoke up in the "Christian Fellowship" thread. I just had to say something.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Put on your apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  07:06:14 AM  Show Profile
Hey Linda, how are you and your sweet fam? I saw this poem the other day and thought of you and yours. . .
and I am sure ladies here will dig it.

Sanctuary
~anonymous 2007

"Resting place, a stop on the current-day underground railroad for today's earth activists. This is a place where wanderers, weary or not, can light for a while, tell their stories, get their hands in the garden dirt, or sit in silence.

Because of the current political climate, these kinds of safe places are becoming increasingly important for those who tread the path of change-invokers and rabble-rousers. For many, the choice to be an activist means being without a permanent home.

This is a place for those who have chosen the Gypsy's road to ground, reconnect to Mother Earth, recharge so they can go out into the world again with renewed inspiration, energized to do the vital work of steering the world onto a healthier path.

Warm beds, private space, healthy food, patience. These are my contributions for making positive changes in the world."

Best,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  07:09:35 AM  Show Profile
Heidi,

I just found this link again. Winter Solstice swap still on?

Amy

For information on SUMMER SNOW please visit www.amywarwick.com

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it ~Aristotle
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  07:13:03 AM  Show Profile
By the By,

I don't have a farm girl chapter here, so you are now my group of women! Do we have a coven name?

Amy

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it ~Aristotle
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  12:38:59 PM  Show Profile
Coven Name?
How cool.
Hmmmmmmmmm...
I will have to think about that.
Any suggestions?

I have lived in this tiny rural town in Eastern WA for so long and have felt so alone; I can't express how great it is to know that there are open minded ladies EVERYWHERES.

Cheers!
h

PS
There is already 8 women signed up for the Winter Solstice Blessin'
Besom Swap.
Email me if you want in on it, I am taking names until Halloween.
It's gonna be great!

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Peacebird
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Marianne
Afton Va
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  4:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Amy!
I don't have a farmgirl chapter in Virginia either. I hope we witchy farmgirls start up a chapter online! A name - hmmmm.....have to think on that....
:-)
by the way - the Aristotle quote is one of my all time favorites!

chickens clucking, bees buzzing, flowers blooming, all is good!
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  06:33:07 AM  Show Profile
okay lets think on our coven name and get back tomorrow. Post your ideas here and then we can take a vote tomorrow.

Heidi, in reference to your comment about living in our rural E. Wash. towns, I have always been open to all ideas and beliefs, but I always find it funny how many people are not open minded when they make the mistake of inquiring about mine. Living in Oakesdale (which I love of course) is almost all of one mind and therefore, everyone assumes that I am of a like mind just because this is where I choose to hang my hat. I have never put my beliefs on anything; religion, politics or otherwise, out there, and people will often talk to me about "their beliefs" and mistakenly attribute them to mine. I usually smile and nod (not needing to impose my beliefs on them) and remind myself that THIS is what gives me good food for thought when creating my characters. :) Gotta love small eastern Washington towns. I don't think we could meet these characters anywhere else.

Amy

Amy

Go to Top of Page

Greyhound Mom
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  10:14:05 AM  Show Profile
To Amy & Heidi...I can understand with what you are both saying. I live on the other side of the country, in SW PA., just outside the big metro city of Pittsburgh! Remember our state is very old and there are so many traditions, customs, beliefs & prejudices in our area! We go from the traditional craft to the dark punk (I live like a vampire) groups to who knows what else. Having said that...there is also the open-mindedness in our area that is phenomonal! I could join a coven in the area if I wanted to...we have so many of them around us, but, I choose to be solitary (well with my two daughters, that is!) I think that is what drew me to this site and giving and getting positive responses from all of you at Witchy Farmgirls. We all know that some peoples' ideas and thoughts should be kept in their minds and not shared and I have run into that somewhat! But, I also don't go around spouting off what I believe to everyone out there! Bottom line you find that everywhere. I am just glad to have found this site to share with you.

As for coven names...(now don't laugh) how about Forest Hex Clan or Hedgewitch Coven or Green Girl's Coven...Okay I am done with ideas! I hear the roars of laughter now and am anxious to hear some other suggestions.

Magickally yours,
B ~

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  10:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Jonnie! You're from Houston too! Wow! Beth - Missing talking to you! I've been getting busy here. I haven't forgotten the horses... ~~~~~~ Oh, I wish people would just let other people be ... sigh. Besides, I consider myself christian witchy and I don't care if they have a problem with that.

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 83 Gathered Up: Previous Topic witchy farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page