Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  06:52:40 AM  Show Profile
I guess I was not really reading when I signed up. I put my name as Sue Feely which of course, is my first and last name. I wish I would of thought to think of something clever as most of you girls have.

Sue Feely
Sister #349
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  6:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Sue-- I just realized you were from Buffalo. My Mom's family is all in Saratoga. Not too far away from you.:) Your name seems like a great screen name to me. Sometimes I wish that I had used mine instead of making something up. It makes me feel like i am talking to a real person..hehe

Terri--5 acres!! OOh girl! I so want to see pictures. We are on a postage stamp, but we are blooming where God has planted us for now.:)How wonderful all that space must be!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Stashaholics Anonymous Member since Jan. 29th, 2009 :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cookies in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  06:05:27 AM  Show Profile
Mine is pretty much off the top of my head last minute. 82 (the house #) kygal (well I am from KY) Pretty low budget but It is now me

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Thistle Cove Farm because it will be here long after I'm gone. It's where I raise rare, primitive breed Shetland and other sheep; also rare, hypoallergenic American Curly horses. At an old age, I hope to die here, just as happy as I've lived here. God willing...

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  3:47:29 PM  Show Profile
Vintage Diva 1 because I love to collect and also sell all things vintage. And yes there is a vintage diva 2. She is my sister and business partner.
p.s. I'm really not much of a diva
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

marmieto12
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

laura
utah
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  4:55:37 PM  Show Profile
Marmie to 12- Marmie because that is what my kids call me as a pet name, 12 because that is how many kids I wanted to have..
I am also "Laura Marie" and I almost named my 1st born Jennifer Jupiter!

Laura;Dreaming of big girl farm...

Farmgirl # 148

http://lilsfamilyfarm.blogspot.com

Farm Girl Projects http://justsimplythegirls.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  6:35:38 PM  Show Profile
farmmom22- Because I live on a farm and a mom to two! Not very clever but I am who I am!!

http://afarmgirljourney.blogspot.com/
Farmgirl Sister #492

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. -Carl Bard
Go to Top of Page

Michigan Girl in TX
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Kristi
Cottonwood Shores TX
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  11:28:14 AM  Show Profile
I moved to Texas when I was 12 but my heart has always stayed in Michigan.... I had the best childhood there and that is where all my family is from!
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  11:39:51 AM  Show Profile
My name is Tasha-Rose. My father named me after our farmgirl favorite Tasha Tudor and his someone relative that I never met because she died, Rose. She was apparently pretty amazing (a farmgirl, too!!) I am a goddess worshipping witch and live closely to Gaia (the Earth). I kinda mashed them together to be GaiasRose. I am GaiasRose pretty much every place. If I am not, then I am tasharose.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Etsy:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com

"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  1:59:35 PM  Show Profile
My name and last initial. Not very original, but SargeK sounds a little martial and I've pretty much gotten away from that life since I've been out for almost 15 years.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  2:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
Mine's easy... my username is my initials. The username I used to use, though, is "juusan," which is Japanese for 13.

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  12:54:01 PM  Show Profile
It's too easy--Rose is part of my name, and my birthday is in February
Go to Top of Page

hattah
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Margaret
Maine
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  3:39:08 PM  Show Profile
mine is part of my email addy. madhattah (madhatter with a Maine accent lol)

I like hattah.....I should legally change my name. LOL

"Never spend time with people who do not respect you."

Go to Top of Page

catwoman
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Wanda
Pulaski TN
USA
6 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  11:16:01 PM  Show Profile
It is soooo cool reading about all the nicknames and where they came from. Wonderful, fun reading at 1:00 in the morning when you can't sleep. Mine is Catwoman because I love cats and have since I was a little girl. I have 18 that are all spoiled rotten. All are neutered or spayed and most were adopted, rescued or abandoned and showed up at the farm. I have 2 whole families of mothers and 4 grown children. Four were bottle babies and are two years old now and still think I am momma. I could never stand to separate the siblings to give any away. I have some kind of cat statue in every flower bed or garden area, which is a lot. Some small, some large, some hard to find, but there is one hiding in every bed.

www.fogghollowfarms.com
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  09:32:47 AM  Show Profile
I've so enjoyed reading through these! And now here's mine: my name really is Cherry (I get asked that alot) and no, my mom wasn't a flower child (get asked that too) and no, I've never been a stripper (guess who asks me that alot!) My Irish granddaddy called me Cherry, me darlin'. He passed on in 1999 and it's become more dear to me since then and so I use it whenever and wherever I can. There are even times when I can audibly hear him call me. He also had a special whistle for me to locate me if I was with him and had wandered off. I sometimes plainly hear that whistle, too. He was always making up little rhymes for me. Because I was the grandchild always wanting to go with him to farm and help my grandmother in their garden, he would ask me "Cherry, Cherry, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?" Oh, how I miss my TT!

~~Cherry~~

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  09:57:41 AM  Show Profile
Cherry that's sweet. I love this topic.

I came up with mine, Miss2Missus, Because i am recently engaged and enjoying the whole processes of change right now.
For some reason a lot of things changed for me when i meet my fiance. There was some instant connection and light bulb that went off in me that when i meet this man all i could think about was how if given the chance i wanted to be the best wife ever to him. Growing up, i came from a family that both parents worked and i was a latch key kid. To no fault of my parents, i wasn't really taught how to do a lot of things. necessary household things. No a days i couldn't imagine anything better or fulfilling than to take care of my family.

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  5:57:47 PM  Show Profile
Mine is easy ... first name last initial
Tammyb
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  2:36:49 PM  Show Profile
Mine was easy, I had no idea what I was doing and put my name in a place where I should of put something else, like Sunnydays or something.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  3:23:30 PM  Show Profile
Mine speaks for itself. I love all 13 of my arabian horses. I don't know what I would do without them. When I am feeling sad or upset I go hang out with them and they make it all better. I can tell them my secrets and know they won't ever tell. They are always looking for a scratch on their backs or love to give me kisses. They are the best.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlandboys
True Blue Farmgirl

308 Posts

Rachael
Missouri
USA
308 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  06:29:28 AM  Show Profile
I choose cowgirlandboys because even though I am a Missouri girl through and through, I love Texas. With the cactus, the ocean, the mountains, and the people, you have a little bit of everything in Texas! I ven picked up a husband and son there LOL So I have my very own cowboys and a Missouri son on top of that. Life is sweet! So that is my explanation for the screenname cowgirlandboys.

Happy Trails!

Rachael
Farmgirl Sister #535
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  05:50:13 AM  Show Profile
Well, I grew up in what was a rural area of Indiana (at that time, now it has increased to about 12 times what it was then!!!) So, "country". I love cats and am a cat mother. It seems like folks online always use "cat" though, (meaning I can't, LOL) so I use "kat". I like lace, pink and purple, so-called chick movies, etc. So, "girly".

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Jun 09 2009 05:52:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  09:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Tapestry because well I'm kind of like one. I have so many different interests that all put together is kind of a tapestry I think. Crafting, jewelry making, baking, canning, sewing, handiwork, reading. Many of the things sort of weave into one another to make up me :)

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://fantasm01.imagekind.com/
http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

paintnpencils
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

jessica
glen rock pa
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  6:27:41 PM  Show Profile
I came up with paintnpencils because I like to paint with watercolors and draw with graphite pencils! So I combined the two. Plus I use it for my yahoo mail account, yahoo messenger, Twitter, and Facebook so I don't have to remember too many different user names! it saves on brain power.

each day is a new oportunity to create,improve, expand, and share.
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  7:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Long ago there was a song by John Denver called Windsong. It spoke to my soul. I had a little tent camper that you could pull behind a import car and I put the letters W-I-N-D-S-O-N-G on the back. Later I had a motorhome and traveled all over, same letters on the back. When I was setting up my business it was Windsong Wellness Center, website windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com (could there be anymore letters???), when I was looking for my farm I said I was looking for Windsong Farm. Others must have been moved as well as there are a lot of Windsong Wellness things and several Windsong Farms. Here are the lyrics. The words are nothing special except they talk to something deep inside of me.

Windsong
John Denver
The wind is the whisper of our mother the earth
The wind is the hand of our father the sky
The wind watches over our struggles and pleasures
The wind is the goddess who first learned to fly
The wind is the bearer of bad and good tidings
weaver of darkness, the bringer of dawn
The wind gives the rain yes builds us a rainbow
The wind is the singer who sang the first song.
The wind is the twister of anger and warning
The wind brings the fragrance of freshly mown hay
The wind is the racer and wild stallion running
and the sweet taste of love on a slow summer's day.
The wind knows the songs of our cities and canyons
The thunder of mountain, the roar of the sea
The wind is the taker and giver of mornings.
The wind is the symbol of all that is free.
So welcome the wind and the wisdom she offers
Follow her summons when she calls again.
In your heart and your spirit let the breezes surround you
Lift up your voice then and sing with the wind

If it is not ok to publish these I will not have my feelings hurt if they are removed.
LaVonna

www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com

http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrygrace
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Grace
Salkum WA
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  07:06:01 AM  Show Profile
My hometown is Ellensburg, a small town in central Washington. Where my momma & brothers live now. Iam a country girl.
Grace is my first name. Country Grace thats me

"From Our Heart With Our Hands"

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” - Laura Ingalls Wilder

http://home.earthlink.net/~daveandgrace/

Edited by - countrygrace on Jun 14 2009 07:10:13 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Screen names Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page