windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  4:41:13 PM  Show Profile
Glad you are moving some Grace. Hope you are better soon.
Did not cut hay after all on saturday. The fields are so sopping wet, got to give them a chance to dry. Looks like maybe thursday as of right now.
I had pretty easy pregnacy's. Little quesey but that was it. Only remember one craving........a drink of beer! I don't like beer, but boy did I crave just one swallow. Once I had that I was good to go!
I did use cloth diapers, but had never heard of soakers, so just had plastic pants.
Hope the cow is doing well Lori. Always tough losing a calf, or any animal. Part of having animals though.
Sarita, the first year my dad moved back to the farm, we baled second crop in snow flurries. The people selling the farm were not too worried about getting all the hay made. We moved in in October and were trying to bale hay for the cows. Such fun.
Here's to cooler weather for all! It has been so nice here today, had a sweatshirt on! Worked on peach pie filling, and also canned up some cherry pie filling. The canning shelves are filling up!
Take care
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  5:40:55 PM  Show Profile
It was a BEAUTIFUL day today. I am so much easier to live with when it is not so hot! I feel sorry for Greg, because I can hardly stand myself when it is hot!
Sarita, I have some patterns somewhere for soakers. I have alwys crocheted them, and I mostly just "wing" it! I have my grandma and mom's old black and white knitting/crocheting booklets (can't think of the name of them right now). I remember seeing a pattern for a soaker set in one of them, but don't know if it was knitted or crocheted. I plan to clean out/organize that storage area this week (if it stays cooler), and I will try to find the pattern for you.
Angie, I saw your weaving on your blog...it looks great!
Grace, so glad you are getting up a bit now. You've been in my daily prayrs. I can't imagine running a farm while being down-and-out. I guess it's like when you're a mom and you can never be sick because everyone depends on you to take care of them.
My son, Joshua, his wife, Monica and their baby girl, Abbygail are planning to come for the day tomorrow. They live down in Sedalia (he's in the Air Force and stationed at the base down there). I am looking forward to seeing them, even if it just for the day.
On Tuesday we are supposed to go to the Iowa State Fair with my MIL up in Des Moines. I'm hoping to see some fiber art on display up there. I'm also hoping Premier 1 Farms will have a booth set up. We really want to make a trip up there one of these days and see their set-up. I think it is about 3 hours from here. I really want to get some of those booties for people to wear if they want to go out where the sheep are.
I know this was discussed way back in the early days of this forum, but I am curious to know a little more information about toxoplasmosis from cats being spread to pregnant ewes. My husband loves cats, so he has five of them that mostly stay out in the horse-barn, which is separate from the sheep barn. That does not mean that they never go into the sheep barn. Just how much of a danger is this?
I'm really praying the hay cutter comes this week. I'm starting to feel a bit desperate!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  9:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I will keep praying for you to recover! I wish I was closer, I would come over and help! Hopefully someday you will get high speed and be able to see the videos!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  5:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Well, the cow is up. She isn't very perky, but who would be? It is sad that she hasn't even missed her calf. But, she is up and eating and drinking, so she is probably on the mend. We got the vet bill, and while it wasn't as bad as I imagined, it was bad enough. Oh well, easy come, easy go!

Grace, don't do too much! Hope you get back to your industrious self soon!

Haven't got to work on much of my own projects the last couple of days. I told Jessica I would make her backpack again this year, and of course, left it to the last minute. So I spent today cutting out the million pieces and putting the zipper into the top part. I hate zipper feet on sewing machines. I told my mother that if I ever sew through my finger, it will be when I am using a zipper foot since the needle isn't protected and I sew FAST. I hope to finish it tomorrow. None of the kids have to be run anywhere during the day tomorrow, so I should get some solid blocks of time to work.

I cooled off some today. Only mid 90's. The weather man said that 14 out of the last 16 days we have broke 100. Seems like it has been above 100 since early June. The sheep sure are loving the cooler temps today. They seem a little more lively! One was even romping with one of the guard dogs this morning! They usually just stand there and look at the puppies as if to say "you have got to be kidding, I am not about to be undignified and play with you".

By the way - is anyone elses' computer showing this page in funny colors today? My computer has been acting squirrely lately and I am seeing teal and brick red instead of the normal colors.

Off to work on my dishtowel!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  6:32:25 PM  Show Profile
Lori, Mine is teal too! Not sure I like it! It keeps making me think of when you highlight text to copy! Hope your cow gets better soon!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  6:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi all. Grace, I hope you are feeling better. I sympathize as I pulled a muscle in my back moving hay two days ago getting ready for my hay delivery tomorrow morning. I have also been cleaning out my craft closet - a monstrosity that had a mouse invasion so now I have this huge mess of stuff piled everywhere as I have been vacuming and scrubbing up the mess. What a chore. I am being ruthless about eliminating stuff though. Because I am an artist, everyone is always giving me stuff and although it's welcome to have supplies, some things aren't worth the space to store them. It will be nice to have the purge done but what a process. I always hate doing stuff like that as it makes a huge mess before it's finished. When I am in the middle of it, I ask myself, "what was I thinking to start this?!!" It doesn't help that my craft rooms are upstairs so all the purged items have to be hauled down the stairs to get rid of them.

Sorry to hear about your cow/calf, Lori. I'm glad to hear she is on the mend though. I can't say that I miss back to school sewing. I used to spend half of July and most of August making school clothes for 4 kids. I got to where I could make a t-shirt in under 15 min. on the serger.

I hope you are feeling well, Angie. Sounds like you are well on the road to having your baby things all planned out.

Hope things have dried out for you Sarita. How is your wool washing going, Monica? Is Gary back to work on the house?

Guess I should get back to it. The colors are weird on my computer as well.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  7:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, I haven't had a chance to wash much of it, but I really need to get it in gear! I am in this months Phat Fiber Box and I want to get a bunch of stuff listed! Gary has been working on the house and Steve is going to be here next week to put the drywall in!!! After that we just need to paint and put the carpet in although our bedroom won't be done because of adding the bathroom/pantry so I won't have the pantry at first either! At this point though I would move into the motor home just to get moved! I am really hoping that we get moved soon! I will be so glad when we do because at least that will be one thing done!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  9:14:06 PM  Show Profile
Today was a beautiful day, dry, cool, sunny. Sheep grazed in peace. Suppose to rain tomorrow. Danny and I talked about going to the Iowa State Fair, have to see how things pan out tomorrow. Brenda, have you already went? I want to go to the livestock barn with the sheep. I start back at school on the 19th. How about you Rae?

Michelle and Brenda are you done haying? We are so late and no garden to speak of. This is the first year in I don't know how long that I didn't can our vegetables. Coons got what little corn we had, we got about 10 ears total. Let's see, spent over $15 on seed corn to replant and plant.
Sheri, sounds like you are making headway. Those mice can really damage things fast. Hope your back is better. Hope someone is going to help you unload the hay tomorrow.

Monica, I bet you are really busy with the fiber and the home schooling and the move coming up. How do you do it? I so admire those of you that can do it. Ang, aren't you glad that I didn't home school you? We would have been painting, weaving, or knitting, which you have done with me since you were a wee one when you were home. Your math would have been strickly craft driven. I teach Parents As Teachers when the funding allows and I love the books by Brett. The Mitten is one of my favorites and the illustrations are lovely.

Grace, hope you are feeling better.

Lori, how is the cow doing? Are you ready to drive the bus?

Yesterday I was on ebay bidding on some wooden knitting needles. I love to collect knitting needles of all kinds. I went upstairs and spent most of the afternoon organizing and reorganizing knitting needles. I have all kinds of knitting needles but something draws me to the old worn needles. I love to go to estate auctions and buy a box or basket with knitting needles and some balls of yarn and sometimes a work in progress. I guess I am trying to analysis the reason for my obsession with knitting needles? FIBER???

God bless
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  9:31:07 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, I am not sure that I do keep up with it! I guess I just keep moving, because if I stop it's very hard to get going again!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  04:07:15 AM  Show Profile
Sarita,
We are supposed to go today but hubby isn't sure he wants to go. He also wants to see how the morning "pans out"! He really just hates leaving the farm! If it rains, we definately won't go...if not, I guess I'll know around 8 or 9 this morning! I'm gonna try to get all my chores done early, just in caser he says, "Okay, let's go." If we both end up going, it would be great if we could meet somewhere. The livestock barn would definately be one of my most important places to visit, well, the sheep anyway!
No, the hay is still not cut. Greg tried to call yesterday but had to leave a message. It took the guy about three weeks to get back to us the last time we called him! I sure hope we see him before three weeks pass!
I have some old wooden knitting needles I "inherited" from my mom. I also got the old wooden crochet hooks that my great-grandpa made for my great-grandma to crochet her rugs with. They are really long. I'd like to try using them for my crocheted rugs...once I get my craft closet cleaned out! You know, once we are settled in! Does that ever happen?

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  09:35:19 AM  Show Profile
Well, we didn't go to the fair! We had a few sprinkles here, but my MIL called early and said it was raining up there, so we stayed home this time.
It is so nice and cool today...I just love it!
Hope everyone else is cool, too!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  10:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Got the hay delivered. A new supplier for me and he was super nice. The hay looks really good and he brought a couple of young guys and they unloaded it for me into the barn and he didn't even charge me to unload it. Now that's what I call a GOOD day!!! Now it's back to my craft closet purge.

I have some old wooden crochet hooks that were my grandmothers that she used for making rugs. I love old things.

Hope everyone stays cool and has a great day.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  1:34:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies
Sheri glad to hear your hay was delivered and it was better then you had hoped for and they unloaded... I am still on the hunt so keep your fingers crossed that I can get such a deal. Hope your back gets better - I have back issues since falling off a horse as a kid on a brick sawtooth boarder - several times doc's wanted to do surgery but I will have none of it - so I feel your pain. Hope the cleaning is almost done - I know that feeling - half way thru you just wonder if you are nuts for starting this but when it is all done you will be so pleased. Just go slow - no need to make your back worse... Yea, this coming from the queen of over doing.

Well, town was more then my body was up to - I had gathered my strength and was heading out the door when the phone rang. I picked it up - see Monica I do every once and and while get to answer the phone - wished I hadn't - got news that my Brother in Law's, Mother In Law was in the hospital with a brain tumor - surgery, shunt and complications had befallen her. All this being told to me by my DIL - she was wanting prayer circle work and I just barely able to deal with the tasks ahead of me for the day. By the time I got to town I was to light headed I had to stop and find some juice and gather my strength. Did not get everything done I needed but just barely got home and food in the house as the phone started up again. Needless to say I feel like I took six steps backwards. I layed down and finally got afternoon feed chores done at 10:30 at night...

Monica I did get to see the Phat Fiber Box at the library - you sample looked wonderful but she sure does not balance out her explaination of the contributors. I would like to see better explaination of the offerings and not so much jabber about none important things... Also, I guess I also would appreciate a bigger vocab of fiber terms - we are not doing this because we have nothing better to do - it is our business and I appreciate well thought out explainations not just the same bland statements - I Know! Crabby Grace but really we are send quality products - would expect quality presentation!

Hate to say it but one of the white hens is sick - think it was all the rain, cold and winds - she is trying to make a good show of it but she looks like I feel. I gave her special treats but she has not taken any yet. She has had a great life and brought me much joy - now all I can do is keep her comfortable and hope her journey is a peaceful one.

Been cooking all day because I really have not eaten much - so I have fixed some favorites so all I have to do is reheat - even made a rubhard/peach cobbler and a pecan pie because I finally have icecream.. Now I will catch up on emails and fiber orders as I put myself back into healing mood. My temp has finally broken, the wound was finished draining and now the process of cleansing the system and rebuilding of tissue starts. Luckly, with all the health issues my husband went thru I am a great nurse to my own health so I thank you all for your wonderful prayers and might I ask that you continue a bit longer if you can - I know they help and I do appreciate them more then you could every know.

Blessings and stay safe - You are all in my prayers.

Brenda - sorry you did not make it to the fair.. I have had four big storms pass thru in 2 days - leaving about 4 inches of water standing and tons of bugs. Best thing is the frogs are back - I love frogs...

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  3:58:14 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, I hope you back is feeling better! I always wonder"what was I thinking" when I start to try and organize! So often I seem to end up with a bigger mess than when I started!

Grace, I have to say that I agree with you about the fiber box! It seems on some things they look at it forever and then other things they barely show them! I am glad you like the sample! Sorry to hear about the bad news with you brother-in-law's mother -in-law.! I know that you answer the phone since I have actually talked to you before! :) Please take care of yourself and don't over do it! I will absolutely keep praying for your recovery!!

I hope everyone is having good weather today! It has been so dreadfully hot and humid here the past few days and today was really bad! I had to go to the market today and it was so miserably sweaty! I did treat myself to a new lipstick and mascara at Kohl's and the cool thing about it was that if you applied for a Kohl's card you got $10.00 off your purchase right then and there! I ended up getting $10.00 off each item so it was only $10.00 in the end for both items!! Yes I was completely splurging! I never spend that much on make-up but I have decided that it's time to take care of mommy once in a while! I think I am going to write a book called "Taking Care of Mommy"!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  6:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! Well been busy yesterday canning, today stacking wood, all day! I am really pooped out but feels good to see the shed filling up. We stacked everything we had split so now back to splitting.

Some of our corn got knocked down with a storm last week, pulled a couple stalks for a treat for sheep tonight, boy did they like that!!! Sampson even looked right at Kevin as he was chewing to be sure he noticed Kevin just came in and said a wolf got a calf on our back 40. They aren't ours as a guy rented this year and they are his but darn it I do not like them being around here There are alot too so don't need to be protected! Ok will get off the soap box here, sorry but .....

Everyone you take care of yourselves now. Nice here today about 75 and cooling off really nice at night, until Monday when it will warm up again.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  7:31:11 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I have to say that I am not one for too much change at one time! Not only am I getting ready to move, which is enough in itself, then they go and change the colors here and while I think they are pretty, I am having trouble getting used to them and then to top it all off Etsy has changed the page layout and I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They now only give you this small section for a shop announcement and the rest of it is hidden! So now if I list a sale, either I have to list it very first or pray that people will click on "more" to read the rest of my shop announcements! OH I don't like it one bit!!!!! Sorry to rant, but if anything else changes on me I am going to lose it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Aug 17 2010 7:32:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  9:20:35 PM  Show Profile
I with you Monica - but I must admit I thought my computer was just throwing me more crud. Then I thought I was really having a brain meltdown on the Etsy site. I keep thinking - did I hit a wrong button while I was at the library??? I really hate the new layout and will be saying so to them. What was wrong with what we had???? I have been listening to CD's for the past two months on CHANGE and I STILL HATE IT!!! Give me a break, I am trying to give my body healing energy, not STRESS!!! I am with you Monica this is not what I needed today.... I think I am going to bed and pull the covers over my head - by the way we are having a great cool spell here so I wont be sweating with the covers over my head.

Just a heads up - I did post a positive story on my blog today so it might just get us thru our CHANGE melt down...

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  9:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I am glad that I am not the only one that hates it! Most of the ladies that posted about it on the phat fiber yahoo group hate it also! I am going to write them too! I will have to check out your blog!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  08:02:37 AM  Show Profile
Rae, sounds like you are working hard. But it does feel good when the sheds and barns are full. When does school start for you?

Monica, change is happening everywhere and it makes a person have more stress...I think I wrote not too long ago that I was working on being like gumby...I'm trying. I do really like the old MJ and yet I really like the new colors too.

Sheri, I am so glad that you had a good experience getting the hay and could let your back mend. They are predicting a few days of dry so we will be haying and of course I have to get my nurse's office ready at the school. School starts the 25th but we have to be there the 19th, 20th, and Monday and Tues of next week. Where did the summer go?
How are the closet cleaning going?

Grace, hope you are on the mend. I enjoyed your new posting on your blog. Lucky little bird!

Lori, how is the fiber business going? Has your weather cooled yet? Ours is just lovely, nice and cool but suppose to heat up. Praying for a dry spell to get hay up. How is Winston's fiber working?

Michele, are you done haying? Are you still dyeing and spinning?

Ang, hope you are feeling better today. Oh girl, you have several more days like it to go. Praying for you and hubby.

Brenda, going to the fair today? It looks like today will be a great fair day. We did get a light rain last night and no haying this morning.

Jami, sounds like the world is treating you well. When you start work, how will lambing go for you?

Got to get today started.
I was out with my sheep last night and took the camera and got some pictures. Put them on the blog last night.

Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

Mrs.Coyote
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

jessica

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  10:08:32 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!!

My name is Jessica, i am the daughter of Brenda ( aka Cavalli Runner ). My mom just raves about this board and all you ladies and she convinced me to come along :) lets see, what can i tell you about me.... My husband is in the Air Force, we live in Germany, i have 4 children( 8,6,4, and 16 months ) who i homeschool. My husband is planning to get out of hte military in about 2 years and we are planning to move very close to Cavalli Run, which we are sooo excited to do. I dont know anything about Sheep and Goats ( except that Choosing a name with Coyote in it is probably a little thoughtless...whoops :) ) or farming....but i do have a small herb garden and apple and pear trees :) We all have to start somewhere right... lol...sooo thats pretty much all i can think about myself :) I look forward to getting to know all you Gals :)

Homeschooling,sling-wearing, breastfeeding, farmdreaming Mommy to 4!!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  10:31:00 AM  Show Profile
Jessica, Welcome to farmgirl! It's great to have you here! Your mom is a doll. She told us you would be joining us soon. I am home schooling also! I don't know much at all about sheep and goats either except that I really want some someday! :)

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mrs.Coyote
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

jessica

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  11:01:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome Monica! After everything mom has told me about chasing her sheep i think raising human kids will be good practice for being a shepardess :) lol

Homeschooling,sling-wearing, breastfeeding, farmdreaming Mommy to 4!!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  11:41:39 AM  Show Profile
Morning all. Welcome Jessica. It must be really interesting to be living in Germany. Do you like it there? Actually, sometimes I think the kids are easier....!!! The sheep don't pay any attention to you at all when you call them when you actually need them. At least kids (as a rule anyway) respond.

Just taking a break from my purge/sort as I am at the "what do I do now to make this mess a cohesive, usable bunch of stuff instead of a jumble?" stage. It's at this point that I wonder at the wisdom of this project....I feel like a kid when being told to clean my room!! I'll get it figured out but it's a dusty hot project.

Hope you are feeling better Angie - the first trimester is always the worst part.

Glad you are finally able to get to the hay, Sarita. Have you found your hay yet, Grace? I found it difficult to find bales vs. the big round ones as so many are going over to them.

guess I need to get back to my mess. I'll check in again later.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  11:42:34 AM  Show Profile
It has finally cooled off to the mid-90's here. The sheep are loving it!

I am not very thrilled about etsy's new look either. Spent a chunk of time trying to "fix" whatever I had done to mess up my shop before I figured out that for once, it wasn't my fault! I am with you, Monica, where am I going to post sales?

Girls, I am nervous about my bus route in the morning. One, that I will blow right by a child and anger a parent right off the bat, since they will have to fight horrible traffic to get their kiddo to one of the 5 schools, and two, that I won't go to all the schools in the right order. Oh well, one of the men in our Sunday School class substitute bus drives a lot and his advice was "just get them there. Doesn't matter how, just get them there." Pretty sound advice if you ask me.

I finished Jessica's backpack this morning and made her a pencil pouch to match. She is really tickled with them, which makes me tickled that I made them for her. Not to brag, but they really turned out pretty. I picked up material from the school band director today to make flags for the flag line. Lots of straight seams, times 20. I will start those next week. This afternoon is reserved for knitting, alothough I am considering a nap!

(edited to correct my thoughtlessness.)

Welcome Jessica! Glad to meet you - jump right in!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com

Edited by - lsarah on Aug 18 2010 11:45:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  12:26:08 PM  Show Profile
Aw, Jessica, you made it! Now, don't say anything to embarass me! LOL!
Monica and Lori and Grace, I think the older I get, the harder it is for me to deal with change! I definately think I would be making complaints to Etsy. Why do they gotta always be messing with things that don't need to be fixed? I don't just mean Etsy ('cause I'm not even on there...yet!), but other places, like facebook, the blogger site I use, and even my email page...they're always changing them, and it is so annoying. Then, just as I get used to the change, they change it again! ARGH!
Sarita, I guess we are not going to the fair this year. It is so hard to get Greg to leave the farm. We ARE planning to go to Chilicothe tomorrow, though. We need a freezer and we want to look at Lowes. Loved your sheepish photos on your blog! The wool looks so nice. I need to learn so much about coformation, and wool quality. It overwhelms me sometimes.
Grace, I read your little birdie story, too. So happy the little fellow made it. Hope your poor hen pulls through. Still praying for you, too.
Sheri, I start my craft-closet-clearing-out tomorrow. Dogs needed bathing and grooming today, or else I would have started this morning. I hope I can get a good start on it, in case I need to pick up some storage solutions at Lowes!
Angie, I hope you are feeling better soon. I used to get sick and then be starving! It used to really gross Greg out! I always craved "Rivel" soup...a rustic Amish soup my Grandma used to make with a milk base and egg/flour dumplings we called "rivels". She used to put lima beans in it. I ate a LOT of peanut butter, too! And egg sandwiches!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page