grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  10:27:53 AM  Show Profile
Rae sounds like a wonderful day planned - I could do the dishes for just one square of the chocolate chip bars....

See Monica - you are passing on the tradition - keep those addictions flowing.

Well, the dye pot of Coco brown natural wool - tried a over dye but the dye did not take as dark as I wanted so I am reover dyeing with another brand of dye and keep those fingers crossed... I am looking for shades of what would be a trolls house... I know WHAT? It is in my minds eye.

Sarita - tell Danny to take care - back issues can stop you in your tracks. Sounds like you are going to be having tons of fun at your place - musical granekids. I am planning to place my bare feet on the shops concert floor and blend away when the heat get's to hot. Maybe I will eat dinner in the forest - I have a great campground out there - campfire ring, chairs, tall wise trees, creatures of the forest and silence.... Makes dinner even better - maybe a cold supper and a tall ice cold drink! Have a great visit with those ankle bitters.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  11:17:56 AM  Show Profile
THank you and thank you again Monica

Oh Grace come on over anytime, heck I would give you a pan if you did!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  2:01:56 PM  Show Profile
Things are getting really busy here with gearing up for the County Fair. Sunday was Fair set up and after feeding all the animals the 4Hers and I loaded up the pickup truck to take up the load of hay, straw and grain and tools we would need for the fair. As i was backing out the driveway I hit and bent the black wrought iron gate, then as I was driving down the highway the lid to the trash can that we put the grain in blew off! We did manage to clean out the sheep pens at the fairgrounds and put all our stuff away but did not get the fair beautification garden planted. Today one of my 4Hers decided to straighten out the gate I smashed with a sledge hammer and got his thumb instead...Luckily he is a good natured guy and thought he now has a cool story to tell of why he has a purple thumb. Then one of the moms called and said she was driving along the highway and spotted the lid to the trash can I lost yesterday and wouldn't you know it she ran out on the highway and grabbed it! She managed to unbend it and put it on the trash can at the fairgrounds! Then we spent the day giving chickens their baths for the fair. Thought we would finally plant the garden and had a tremendous thunderstorm that nixed those plans. Anyway the sheep go up tomorrow morning and then everyday is busy busy...My daughter is the sheep superintendant and I run the Shepherd's Lead line contest so we will be in the sheep barn for the next week. 2 4Hers are showing Lily and Calypso and then 2 other 4Hers are taking older sheep of ours - our ewe Heather Bell and Our ram Badger Moon Bear. We will be working with them on how to fit the sheep for the shows. We can't take Maddy and Amber because East Friesans do not have a breed association and can't be registered.
So I guess a future project is going to be learning how to start a breed association. Anyone have any ideas? So I am putting the wool/poodle blend on hold until the fair is over. Sara
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  2:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Boy Sara do I remember those days!! Some years I thought we would not survive but we did. Oh Ladies Lead - my two sons where always the only gentlement in the show but each year they did win...

As for the association I would contact your National 4 H and they could point you in the right direction. Or the National sheep breeders association for those breeds they will get the information to you. We had that issue with the Icelandic Sheep and also the South Down Sheep. I have been out of it for too long for my information to be fail.

Don't you just love fair time??? I admit I am so glad to be out of it - tons of work, too many parents having melt downs and acting so badly... I loved the kids and the animals but sitting on fairboard all those years and being the only women on it was hair pulling..

Enjoy the time and breathe... Tell us all about it when you can. I remember the chicken baths, rubbing oil on their legs, wattles and combs. They loved it so. Not as much fun doing the turkeys and geese. Fun times.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  4:23:15 PM  Show Profile
Sara, as I read you fair experience I couldn't help but chuckle. Please don't let fairtime over come you, in the later years and all the work, I got to dreading it so bad and my kids did not show animals, I did as a child and my dad made us do the work. We worked our behinnys off with our animals and then went to the show barn and watched the parents of other kids do the grooming and most of the work. I am glad that my dad didn't cheat me out of that experience.

Grace, standing barefoot on a cool floor and eating in the campground sounds like a very lovely time. Enjoy! I am trying to keep Danny under control but he has now torn out my bathroom clothes closet and putting on new doors...which was needed badly but not while he is hurting!

Sheri, I am getting ready to make strawberry freezer jam. Sounds like you got lots put by...won't it taste good on toast or biscuits this winter when the snow is blowing? Ang is coming in from Michigan and she is bringing blueberries so we will make blueberry jam for her while she is here. I also want to make Apricot Jalopenia jelly, her husband really likes it and we use a lot of it. I put out a block of Philidelphia Cream Cheese and pour the Apricot/Jalopenia jelly over it and serve with crackers. You can't just eat one. Another treat that goes over big at the school is to mix marshmellow cream with PCC and then pour the strawberry freezer jam over that and serve with club crackers or Ritz. One of the janitor always ask me if I am going to be leaving the left overs and that he will clean up my container for me.

Rae, I knew the bug would bite you, watch out fiber addiction overtakes your mind and soul...don't believe me...just ask the other gals on here. Monica is going to draw you in, sure as shooting, listen to me, your life is not going to be the same. You won't be able to travel the roads without looking for new sheep, goats, or any other fiber source. Most of the gals on this site are fiber enablers...

Monica, it does not seem like two years since you started spinning. You got hooked line and sinker!

My daughter Angie has joined MJ, so please say Hi to her when you see a post from the Little Red Caboose. She is planning on moving up to her husband's old farm and raising sheep and a goat or two eventually. She helped me here with the sheep and the farm before she got married...bless her heart!

Better go help Danny with the bathroom closet.
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  4:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon everyone. What a wind storm we are having. I think half the dirt from the Palouse is suspended in our air. Can't even see the mountains today and my allergies......!! So far no fires close by but a couple near Spokane and one in Medical Lake. All the animals are skittish today. I always have trouble settling down and accomplishing anything when the wind is like this. My daughter in Spokane had a tree limb in her back yard hit the powerline and caused the transformer to have a melt down. Scared her and the kids with it sparks and popping. She was still waiting for the power company when I last spoke with her.

Rae - before you know it you will be spending every free moment with some kind of fiber. It truly is an addiction but what a wonderful one to have. When you start analyzing the dryer lint as a possible fiber source....you will know you are a hopeful fiber nut.

How are you faring with this wind, Jami? Is it effecting you as well?

Hope your brown wool became "troll house" for you, Grace. Now I am anxious to see exactly what color "Troll house" actually is! Barefoot on a concrete floor sounds pretty plesant to me too.

How is Gary faring, Monica? Congrats on your two year anniversary.

Have a great evening everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  7:57:59 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, yes it's been 2 years since i ordered my drop spindle and started on my way! I am totally addicted!

Sheri, Gary is doing really well! He is walking with a cane now!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  8:46:42 PM  Show Profile
Monica - I can see him doing that dance from the song "Putting on Top Hat and Tails". Well maybe not but give him my best.

Sheri I will keep you and your farm in my prayers - I know what it is like to have fires around you - hard on the nerves and on the animals too. I will also place your daughter in my prayers - such horrible things - Mother Nature sure has her panties in a bunch...

Got to get the Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins out of the oven - heat is climbing the next couple of days so I am getting all the cooking and baking done tonight as the breeze picks up because the stove will be closed for this week. Have a safe and calm night all.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  10:24:51 PM  Show Profile
Grace, Lemon Poppy Seed muffins sound yummy!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  10:27:24 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, will be praying for you and your daughter. It is so scary when mother nature takes control and we feel so helpless. Jami, how is your area?

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  06:30:50 AM  Show Profile
We have been getting spotty rain for the last couple of days - sure needed it - but it is running me to death loading up the clothes line and pulling stuff right back off again. The sun will come out just long enough to tempt me, so out I go, only to begin raining just about the time everything should be dry!

Got a shetland lamb fleece washed yesterday. It is from Pricilla. Her wool is growing back in very curly this year. Of course, if her hair is anything like mine, it may just be the humidity. Praise the Lord for someone inventing hair clippies! She was one of the first sheep we sheared ourselves. I have figured out how quickly Stan learned to shear well. Her's was not so good, but I had just done another that was one of the last sheep he sheared, and it was every bit as well done as the pro we had come in and finish up for us. Stan is really wanting to shear himself again next year. I am so proud of him!

I got about 3 ounces of Ruth's wool combed and carded into roving yesterday. I dye most all of my wool, but there sure is something alluring about these bird nests of natural colored wool that I have been a part of from start to finish. I am seeing a simple scarf with cables.....
I ordered 4 pounds of white suri alpaca yesterday from a new mom on ravelry that was destashing. I can't wait to get my hands in it! I have some of the other type of alpaca (that I can't spell off the top of my head!) and it blends beautifully into wool. I have read that suri is slippery, but if you can get the knack of it, it makes a beautiful, drapey yarn. I may try, but most will probably go into batts.

Sheri~ hope the wind dies down and the fires stay at bay! I hate allergies, I either feel yucky from the allergies or sleepy from taking allergy medicine. We have blooming stuff out the wazoo here that can really mess with you. My 10 year old stuffs up about March and doesn't unstuff until Thanksgiving.
Have a great day, ladies!
~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  09:09:31 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies - Monica the lemon poppy seed muffins are fantastic - which I would pop some in the mail to you but I have a feeling I might just eat them all up - sorry..

I just thought I would give you gals a heads up - I posted on my blog a giveaway starting today thru the 20th for a handmade "Gratitude Journal" which I have been making and selling for about two years now and thought it might be a worthy giveaway. See the blog for details if you wish...

Hope everyone stays cool - it is already way too hot. The dye pots turned out better then I hoped and I am trying to get good pictures to share. Have a cold one on me ladies.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  5:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi all. the wind finally died down - just gusts now but is it ever chilly after being in the 90's just two days ago. Didn't even hit 70 today. I was wearing a sweatshirt to pick strawberries and I am still chilled. I am ready for a hot cuppa tea!!! Thank goodness no fires too close but there are three still burning in WA state. My poor sinuses still haven't recovered from yesterday's dust storm. Hope you fared ok, Jami. If the wind ever dies down I'll be back to picking and washing fleeces. This has got to be the weirdest plant year I have ever seen. My asters are blooming already and they normally bloom in mid September! Yet my lavender is just starting to barely open. My Shasta daisies are stunted - only about a foot tall when they are normally about 30". Feel like I am living in the twilight zone.....

Hope everyone had a great day.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  7:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Sheri glad to hear that the windy has slowed down - I sure would take your cool weather over what we are having - high 90's and this old gal hates heat. I am wondering if our weather is what things will start to be like?? Nothing is left on my decks after all the hail and horrible downpours. I guess I am just purchasing from the farmer's markets. Hope you get sometime to enjoy your flowers before they are gone...

I am with you on the allergies too - life is in a blurry fog for my eyes right now - take care of yourself.

Monica - did not get a chance to ask - how did the sale go?? Hope you sold tons....

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  7:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I didn't have one sale yesterday! I did have a sale this morning and since I didn't put a specific date on etsy and didn't get a chance to take the ad down before I went to the market this morning I will give the discount, but that is all I had! Oh well, I will celebrate some other way! Right now I am spinning some more lace weight yarn and I am loving it!

I hope you are all having good weather! I had to go to the market this morning and it was miserable! Not much over 100, but very, very humid! I think I sweat off 5 pounds! I did find a manual pasta machine at the thrift store so I made fresh pasta with zucchini, tomatoes, onion and chicken for dinner!! Yummy!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  8:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh that is so disheartening.... I am so sorry to hear that = sales are all over the board lately - not sure which way to proceed somedays. Chin up and carry on - spin away those blues...

I would offer you some of my chocolate mousse I made tonight to lift my spirits.

See with those temps I really could not live where you are - I read somewhere there is an alpaca farm for sale - only $350,000.00 with 12 alpacas. I could not believe that price because there is only 2 acres - heck that is one of my paddock size. Heck I might be sitting on a gold mine....

You take care and keep spinning - I am sending good thoughts your way. How is that handsome cane wearing husband??? I am sure hoping he is on the mend.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  8:46:27 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I would be more bummed if it were not for the fact that I am determined to do what I love and let the sales come as they may! I figure as I get more of a reputation, I will have more sales! I am also trying to sit down and figure out a little bit better what people might be looking for! The batts and yarns are fun to do, but what about someone who wants to spin or knit something that may take more fiber or yarn than something that is one batt or 100yds of a one of a kind color! I am thinking about doing more batts in the same color or more skeins of yarn in the same color!

I did finally get signed up to be a contributor in the Phat Fiber boxes so hopefully that will bring some sales!

Chocolate mousse sounds very yummy! Dinner was really good and Gary even liked it! He is doing good! Thank you for asking!

I am going to sit down and spin some more!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  04:17:49 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all Well have to work quick this am for outside stuff and then batten down the hatches. We have got one big *(#%#* storm coming this way! Hoping just rain but... already tornado warnings out for county next to us and only 6 a.m.! Last couple days were really nice here, today the rocky ride and then suppose to settle down again and be pretty nice. Don't like that upper 80+ stuff at all anymore. Used to be able to tolerate it but.... hey Grace place next to me 240 acres for $260,000, I think last night I heard, down 30,000. Has a big pole building with living quarters on it, house would probably have to go and I think the barn did

Hugs all
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  06:45:09 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, I could use some of your cool. It is predicted to get to 94 here today. Rae, I see you are in the red on the weather map, pray that you stay safe.

Monica, it is always so hard to develop a marketing plan and I notice in this wool and fiber business as well as the sheep that there is certain times of the year that people want their fiber. I see a higher time of sales when they have some extra spending money, income tax return time, right after Christmas and when it gets cold. Usually summer is a bad time, people are out doing things and their is so many sheep and fiber shows. I think you are on to something about having larger amounts for sale. I usually won't buy anything less than 8 oz. This year I am having trouble figuring out people and sales...if you get it figured out, let me know.

Yesterday was barn cleaning and building up the compost pile. The garden has been so bad since we had all the rains and weeds are terrible, I don't think my garden has ever looked this bad before. I tilled up 2 rows of green beans that were weedy, short and yellow and just getting the ground ready for next year. I put 2 wheel barrels of barn yard marbles ( 70 sheep put out lots of this) on that area and tilled it in really good. I will wait and put the developed compost on it next Spring. I really like the sheep manure and bedding in compost, makes a nice soil. I have found that I won't be using as much straw in my barn this next winter. The seeds got in the wool and has caused me more labor. We will also be using a system to feed hay that will not be getting in their wool. Hind site is always better than foresight.
Better drink my cup of coffee and go hang out some clothes. Giving my bedroom a top to bottom cleaning today.
Have a good day
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  08:51:40 AM  Show Profile
Morning all. Hope you stay safe, Rae. It's our cold moving east bouncing up against all that heat....Supposed to be 80 today and 90 tomorrow. Who can acclimate to this??? A little house cleaning this morning and then outside to wash some wool.

Sarita, what system are you changing to to keep the hay out of the wool? This is one of my biggest and most frustrating issues. My garden is weedy beyond words this year from all the wind and rain. Everything is so stunted and behind. It's a weird year for the plants.

Monica - I am with Sarita in the larger amount category. With only small amounts there isn't enough to actually make anything of substance. That is why I don't buy handspun because there is so little yardage. The smallest project I make is socks and they require at least 250 yards. Think about it - an average sized adult sweater requires 900 to 1250 yards of yarn. Granted the yarn would probably be used only as an accent but just to give you an idea of what it would take. When I buy wool I don't buy anything less than 8 oz. either and will usually go for a lb. if it's not so expensive it's out of reach. I'm sure your sales will pick up in late summer and fall as people start thinking winter again.

Hope you stay cool, Grace. I'd send you some of this if I could... Have a great day everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  09:33:10 AM  Show Profile
Sarita and Sheri, Thank you for some input! It's nice to know that I might be on to something! I am thinking of doing 2 ounce batts, but having maybe 5 in the same colors and fibers so that if someone wanted more they could get up to 10 ounces of the same! I am also thinking of doing the same with the yarn! I guess I started thinking of it from a buyers perspective and what I would buy! I think some of the colorful batts are really pretty but what would you make with them! I am thinking of doing more white batts and yarns that people could dye themselves.

Sarita, If I ever figure it out, I will definitely let you know!

For the latest house saga, it seems that Steve may just not want to pay for central heat and air no matter how good of a price we get! Gary is going to try to trade my craft room for a/c! I guess Steve had some people do some "work" on the house before and even though it was a lousy job, he already has $$ into it and now with us he is putting more $$ into it and may just not want to spend any more! At this point, I would honestly move if I could!! I just don't care about it any more! The craft room part will be okay if we end up renting the shop in town, but I don't know if that will happen for sure! What is really frustrating is that I would have been happy with the house as it was, just to add on one extra bedroom and now we have remodeled the whole house nearly and there is a whole new front addition that is what Steve wanted to do and now everything is up in the air again! Sorry to rant, but I really just want to get moved and on to other things!

Hope you all have a nice cool day! it's supposed to be really hot here today!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 14 2010 09:40:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  1:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh Monica I am so sorry to hear that you are back on the track of house problems. I so hoped that it was all done and you would soon be in your new home... I will pray again that things straighten themselves out for the highest good.

Rae, I love the thought of living close by - not today when you are having weather warnings.... My thing is if I move I want less work not more work. I want a yurt because I will never have to pain the inside our outside again. I want solar and or wind power so everytime I turn around they can not jack the price up. I want a wood stove so again the highjackers of heat can not raise the prices in the winter just when I use propane... I am wanting less up keep chores and more creative time... So if you ladies know of any place like that please let me know. I will stop ranting and get back to work..

Monica you are on the right track with your business thoughts. Too bad you do not have your shop already - I would make you a nice deal on books, tools, equipment and such because as I am slowing down on that side of retail I have lots to sell.... Keep your chin up it all takes time..

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  6:47:59 PM  Show Profile
Well Grace, pole buildings do not need pain and tin roofs don't need replacement ;-) I am sure you can put in a wood stove very easily as well as anything else so come on up

Monica you and Gary may as well too. The snow isn't that bad. Never have to worry about rattlesnakes, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc...
Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having.

Well we had very quick storms, through pouring rain a little wind and gone. Fine with me!!! I dug out some of the wool we cut and will attempt to clean some, if that goes ok will pull out a little more. It is really nasty girls so if I can manage to get this clean I can conquer anything

Hugs to all
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  7:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Sarite and Sheri your so right - in this line of business you have to have a variety of ways to tempt you customers. I agree that most folks really need quanity if the price is right. You can only get the price right if you have a way to purchase or raise the fiber in such a manner that you base price give you room to make a profit. It is a balancing act. I too am going to be in the PhatFiber Box - see there is that peas in a pod thing again. As I keep reminding myself - try new things and yes, I am even working on that social network online.... Yep, this old gal is shaking things up.

Rae, You sure would be a great neighbor to have - Heck we could build a fiber artisian community - I can see it now... So how you going to keep things out of their fleece after what happen this last winter I sure would not wish this to happen again. In 14years this was the worst and I am still trying to figure if I can save much from some of the sweet ones.

Well, going to go eat some chocolate mousse, what my movie from the library and get back to figuring out this social network thing....
Stay cool everyone

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  7:10:45 PM  Show Profile
Grace, You know how sometimes all of the sudden the answer just comes to you and you get it even though it's been sitting right in front of you for a while! Well that happened today! Gary and I realized that we are better off to go with Steve's plan and get 2 big window air conditioners and get the house done! Steve even said that he would bring in a crew to put up the drywall so we could really get the house moving and done and get onto other things! I may lose the craft room. but we have a small trailer that is about the same size that Gary said he could gut out and make into a trailer for me! So it looks like if this all goes through we could actually be moving soon for real! We should now for sure tomorrow!
I also have some good news! I talked to a guy that lives in Lake Havasu about 40 miles away and he raises Alpaca and we are going to meet up Friday and talk about working together to sell fiber! He said he has a few places that he sells to but that he still has quite a bit stacking up and I have more outlets to sell it so we are going to work out something that would help him move fiber and help me get some!!!! I already got samples form him and while back and they were all really nice and very soft fiber! Oh I am excited! I am really thinking of selling off my odds and ends batts and yarns at a good enough price to move them out and regrouping with larger quantities available of batts and yarns! I feel like I finally have a plan! I do hope you have some books etc.. left when we get the shop!!!!! We may get the shop going sooner if we get the house done here quick so let me know what you have and what kind of deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page