Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  07:39:23 AM  Show Profile
Make hay while the sun shines and make it faster if it isn't! Right? We have our big field cut and this is day #4 of drying. Think he'll bale this weekend barring any breakdowns.

Girls, I hope I sell out of this stuff I made so I don't have to mess with pictures. LOL. I'm baa'd...and we all have to deal with it somehow. You can just ignore me but I have to live with myself!

Rae, hope things are running smoother, in all respects. It just ruins my day when there is a disagreeable word around here. I like peace and harmony and a pleasant atmosphere. Again, that's why I keep the front gate closed a lot.

Monica, great news on the little girl. And I am happy the mother made that decision. She made a right out of a wrong although I don't know the circumstances.

Sarita, how are you feeling this morning? Sounds like you and Danny are really teaming up to get the farming done and fencing is a chore at best. Results are nice. I let DH work alone on fencing or I'd be driving to Wyoming to my FIL's to run away. He really is best working alone as he wants everything done his way and his way is not always logical in my mind! Oops, did I say that?

Sheri! Great to hear from you. I was wondering about you, girl.

Barb, weather has cooled off again here too. I got my fans out and cleaned up, ran them for 2 days and then Mother Nature turned on the big fan so now I'm saving on electricity. The clothes do dry on the line quickly thataway tho.

Grace and Monica are getting facebook figured out. I've seen now they are posting pretty pictures of their wooly wares.

Over and out for today. Happy trails to all.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  07:42:13 AM  Show Profile
How exciting, Barb to get your Aunt's spinning wheel. It's always so great to get family things. When my Aunt came to visit a couple of days ago she brought me an old oak rocker that was a wedding present to my grandparents.

It was only 38 degrees this morning - brrr. This IS July isn't it??? This has been such a weird spring.

Sorry to hear your physical troubles are kicking up, Sarita. I hope you will be feeling better soon. I also hope you find your part so you can get back to haying.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  08:07:29 AM  Show Profile
Jami all was well when I came back. Hubby is stressed, too many hours at his work and he is tired and I am the firing block and last night just tired and crabby myself. We really don't argue much at all and really weren't he was just .... tired. I actually shocked him going to see FIL and then talking about getting a tractor from him but sometimes a girl has to do what we got to do. His dad and I have a relationship where we say what is on our mind so I can just go and ask easier than he is able.

Beautiful day there today, sheets are flying on the clothesline
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  10:01:27 AM  Show Profile
OH my gosh, I really am such a homebody! Our friend John wants to take the kids down to the river boat Monday to ride on it and I have to go because it's 45 minutes away and I am sure at some point the girls will have to go to the bathroom and I don't think it would work well to be shuffling 2 little girls into the men's bathroom! The problem is that I have absolutely no desire to go, especially when it's so hot! Yesterday it was 115 down in Bullhead City where they have the boat rides! I just can't figure out a polite way to get out of it! On top of that my sister-in-law wants to take the kids down to see the fireworks on Sunday night and I would be the one driving and I really have no desire to go and sit on a crowded beach to see fireworks! I would rather stay home and BBQ and buy some sparklers!

Barb, That is so great that you are getting a spinning wheel from your aunt! I would have loved to have gone to that sale too, although I definitely don't need anything else right now! I have 2 wheels and 2 looms and I just bought 6 antique wheels and 2 yarn winders from a guy on craigslist in Ohio where my mom lives! I am not sure where I am going to put them when they get here! Can anyone say "addicted"!

Sarita, I will be praying that you are feeling better! I have never heard of Q disease!

Grace, I absolutely love "In Sheep's Clothing" I sure wish I had gotten it sooner! It has so much great information!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Monica, who wrote that book? I might want to get a copy.

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  1:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Jami, It's by Nola and Jane Fournier. I love it! It basically gives you information about each type of wool from fine wools, longwool and crossbred wool, down wool and other wools. It lists 93 different types of wool and lists the softness, elasticity, loft, staple length, luster and felting properties of each breed along with having a picture of a lock for each one and what the types of wool are best used for!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  5:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Been on the road since this morning. We called around and finally found the piece we needed in Iowa. We put on 260 miles today. To boot hubby had called and they told him that they would lay the piece out for him, he got there paid for it and then ran me by a large grocery store in the same town and when he got out and compared the broken to the new piece and realized that they weren't the same. So he left me at grocery store and he went back and was able to get the piece we needed...whew!
I have went back on my medication this morning that I take when I know that I am having problems and it has already helped...but I know it was really your prayers and kind words. Thank you so much.
I know my limits but sometimes my want to's overrules my can do's. The ride to Indianola, Ia was probably good for me, I have to just sit there! But I did knit a cotton wash cloth today.
Monica and Jami, I really like the information in that book. It is great.
Rae, this is the time of year when we all get tired and fuses short. Glad all is well and nice of your FIL.
Grace, how did baby sitting go? I need to check out facebook.
Sherri, I can't believe you and Jami's temps...it was really nice here today...whoops I sat in an AC truck most of it!
Monica, have pics of new spinning wheels? You are so addicted!
Good Luck, sell out Jami, put I still want pics.
SArita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so.....
'Love the people who treat you right Pray for the ones who don't.
"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  5:31:42 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, Yes, I am terribly addicted and it's all Grace's fault! Here are some pics of the wheels I am getting. On the one pic, the top left and bottom right wheel are the same wheel! There is also one more that I don't have a pic of! Yes, I am in deep!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 01 2010 5:42:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  8:31:10 PM  Show Profile
Monica, when will you get your hands on these new play toys?

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  9:13:57 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, I am not sure! They are all at my mom's and she is going to get my next door neighbor to help her pack them up! I do know that my neighbor at my mom's weaves and spins and she said the little ones were really cute and they all looked nice! I am so anxious to get them! I have to say though that I am not going to keep all of them! I am going to keep 2 for sure and one of the yarn winders and the other one's I am going to fix up and sell!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 01 2010 9:27:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  03:40:17 AM  Show Profile
Monica how exciting for you!!! Someday...

Supposed to be fairly warm here today, about 90 so will try get things done this morning. Yesterday I took a bit of time and sat on a lawn chair and read. Nellie (sheep) looked at me like what??? Never seen that before. Just felt so good to enjoy the beauty of the day that God gave us.

I am off to local grocery store here in a couple minutes, they open at 6 and I like to be there and back home by 7:30 if I can. Hate grocery shopping and not real cheap there so just get what I need to get through the weekend.
Hope all of you have a wonderful day and Happy Fourth of July weekend to one and all
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Edited by - Old Spirit on Jul 02 2010 03:41:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  03:57:34 AM  Show Profile
Can you send things to Canada? Oh, how I wish you ladies could have been at that auction! Your mouths would have been on the floor!
Sarita, I am so glad that you are feeling better! I don't like taking meds either, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and do it then all is well for a while.
Your wheels are amazing Monica! I wish that sometime we could find a sort of central place where we could all meet and learn from each other. Kind of a Maryjanes weekend. Just spinning, chatting and learning. Wouldn't that be fun?
Well, I have to do payroll. The kids are all going in different directions today. They are in vacation bible school for 2 weeks then Cole is going to a friends to go see a movie, Alison has a schools done party, Emily is going camping with a girl friend for the night and Chelsey has to babysit tonight. Joe said, we can have a campfire tonight, just the two of us. Then he said, oh, 2 guys are coming over to rope, they have a rodeo tomorrow! So much for romance! I guess that is reality wouldn't you agree?
God Bless my friends,
Barb
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  06:45:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh My, I am back home and I feel like I have been gone for ages... Reece and I had a grand time once I did what I knew to work for me and for him. I felt for Brooke because we have all had that time when we have to leave our little one in others hands and I know what that pain feels like but I think she was upset that Reese did just fine. Today Nick is taking him to work and Reese will start daycare next week. I only slept about 2 hours - all the sounds, everyone with their porch lights on so their things would be safe, the smells of a big city - Mind you I grew up there but my life, soul and heart is no longer even the least bit there anymore. Driving home with each mile I got closer to the farm it felt like weights being lifted. Even thou I started sneezing because of the hay fields being cut and the weeds growing tall - it was music to my heart. When I opened the front gates I had every animal calling out, running around as if they had not seen me for months.. GREAT to be HOME!!!

I will catch up on the reading and be back - great to be back with you - missed you all - yes, I know it was only for two days but two days in the city is like a month.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  07:44:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh I know that feeling of driving and closer and closer. I feel like that every time I leave here and then I feel like I can breathe again when I get home. If I am gone the sheep and chickens all come running to check in. Sheep were needy last night and a little this morning, demanding their share of attention!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  10:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Well, Monica, you just tickle me to pieces, girl. Is Gary going to build yet another room for your toys? Good thing you don't live close to Barb with that awesome auction. Enjoy every last minute of your addiction...it's a pretty healthy one!

Rae, glad you're resting up and tricking the sheep into thinking you're just on vacation or something. We all know better! : ) That hot weather you're having would make me grumpy...I really am loving these cooler temps. I like sweatshirt weather, around 70 is just about perfect, even 65. I too go to the store early and get the heck back home before the rest of creation are out and about.

Sarita, your tractor part story just hit home with me. Been there, done that several times. That's a drive though...hope you saw some pretty country to and fro. Glad to hear you're finding some pain relief.

Well, I'm outta here for the weekend. I need to load up my truck for tomorrow's market. Our LYS is closing so once it's closed down maybe we'll sell more? I like setting up our little space though...it's fun.

Monica, I'm gonna get the book. Thanks. I have a little (ahem...) fetish for books, along with a few other things...

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  10:35:33 AM  Show Profile
Grace, somehow I missed your post before I wrote. I am happy you had some baby time although I can sure relate to Reese's mom and her feelings about leaving him even with loving grandma. It's hard.

I love going to the city so I can get my shop on for about 4-5 hours...as long as it takes to spend my small pocket full of cash. Then I want to get home! The one thing I enjoy visiting old places is noticing the changes. "Will you look at that?" is about all I say while driving. LOL.

Welcome home.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  11:13:59 AM  Show Profile
Jami the book is well worth it - when I started the farm it was my bible to learn fiber and to know what I was looking for in quality sheep. It was the beginning of my big library..

The trials of machinary is one reason why I do not have any. My goats and llamas do the best the can to assist with grass duty. However, the height of my grass in my so called back yard is up to my hips... I love walking thru it but I know folks do not understand why I do not spend countles days mowing and such...

I hope everyone has a great weekend and that the chores lists are not too long. I am amazed how not being at the farm for just two days can add so much to the chore list and business. Just trying to get thru emails can be overwhelming....

I hope to post new fibers and still work on that Facebook learning curve.. Why can't someone do that work for me so I can do the animals and fiber???? Why oh why!

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  11:14:13 AM  Show Profile
Morning all. Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend. I'm companied out and looking forward to some quiet time. It's all of 55 this morning and raining off and on so at least there won't be as much worry about illegal fireworks. Do you all go to view fireworks? My dog freaks out over all the noise from the neighborhood so I always stay home on fire watch. Being so cool and damp today I have a good excuse to play inside today and my wheel is calling to me LOUDLY since I haven't had any time to touch it for a couple of weeks. I've been going through withdrawals!!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your baby time, Grace. It's always fun to spend some time with the wee ones (and then hand them back to their mom's....) The weather here is supposed to clear tomorrow and if so I am finally going to start on skirting and washing. That's what I call an Independence Day!

Monica, your new toys look delightful. I love the old style swifts - if you decide to part with one of them when you get them, e-mail me with a price as I would be interested if my finances allow. You are going to need a whole warehouse before you're through! I know what you mean about the addiction though.

Glad to hear you got your tractor part, Sarita and that you are starting to feel better.

Good luck at the market tomorrow, Jami. I hope you sell out of all you made.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  11:25:24 AM  Show Profile
Rae, I kind of went out on a limb with the wheels and my mom loaned me part of the money! I am hoping that if we do get the shop in town, I can put them in the shop and maybe even use some of them for displays! I am glad to hear that you took a break! I spent most of yesterday washing fleece! Better than washing dishes!

Barb, It would be so fun if someday we could all meet up! What a fun time that would be! It sure sounds like you have a busy schedule!

Grace, I am glad you had a fun time with Reese, but I know what you are talking about with getting home! Going to run errands in town 20 miles away is enough for me! I am always so happy to be done and heading home! I am still trying to get out of the boat ride Monday and so far my sister-in-law has not mentioned anything about going to see fireworks! I don't have any animals to run and greet me, but a lot of the times when I get home the kids all scream "You're Home" and come running to me, hugging me as though I had been gone for a week!

Jami, Yes I am completely addicted! I still can't believe that I got all of them! I was only planning on getting the 3 small ones, but when I called the guy and he told me about the rest and sent pics and then my mom offered to loan me the money, I couldn't say no!

Sheri, I will let you know about the yarn winder when I get them!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 02 2010 11:31:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  8:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Girls, I too got new wheels today...see them on my blog. I think I have lost it...better pray for me!
Grace, know what you mean about getting close to home and the wonderful welcome you get when you get there. I bet you and the grandson had a special day together. It is very hard being a Mommy and leaving the baby. I hated it! If I could do it over, I would not have worked until the kids were in school at least.
My son's family is coming over tomorrow to celebrate the 4th. My grandson loves to fish so he will be at the ponds most of the time. I think we will BBQ. What is your plans?
Jami will probably be doing the happy dance due to the great sales at Farmer's market.
I am going to put some wool on Ebay this week end, probably Sunday. Got to get some room back in my studio...so I can wash more wool...never ending chore that I love to do.
Have a happy and safe and peaceful 4th. We will be praying for a fast and safe return of our service people.
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  8:27:21 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, I LOVE your new wheels! I am not sure what we are doing for the 4th!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2010 :  4:32:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Monica, it is fun to drive. I like your wheels too.

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2010 :  08:02:32 AM  Show Profile
Vrooom, Vrooom Sarita! Enjoy it to the "full tilt boogie" as my brother would say. I need to send you some CD's I think...classic rock is a must for that car.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2010 :  10:33:43 AM  Show Profile
Sarita, enjoy those wheels and drive safely - and those tones Jami sound like just the tick to play with the winds down, hair flying in the breeze and Sarita don't forget the cool shades.... Enjoy!!!

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2010 :  11:13:43 AM  Show Profile
WOW Sarita - now that's a nice car!! Classic rock and a road trip are definately in order.

Hope everyone has a great 4th. It's cloudy, windy and 55 here today. Not very nice weather for all the campers. How did your sales go, Jami?

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page