windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  04:32:57 AM  Show Profile
Gosh I hope when I order dye it comes with instructions! It is beginning to sound more complicated! :) Is Synthrapol necessary when dyeing? Does it help with taking or setting the dye? And you must let the wool sit in dye for 30 minutes? Then rinse?
Grace your batts are lovely!
Monica, I work part time at a refrigeration business. If you were closer I could get someone out there for your a.c.! :)
More rain in the forecast for tonight. Today I have to get cheese made, hope to pick herbs for drying, and all the usual chores. Also need to lite the smoker and check on the bees. They have gotten protective, so I am more hesitant about checking now. (got stung a couple times)
All of you ladies have been so helpful thanks.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  06:17:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All

Michele all dyes will come with instructions and really they are very easy to do - Heck I am able to do it so that says a ton. The Synthrapol is not always a must but if you wish a true color of the dye and to use all the dye then I recommend it. Each dye is a bit different and they react differently to the variety of fibers so there is no hard and fast rule. Dyeing is a time when we get to play and as I tell my students if you are going to worry about things you will miss all the fun.

Hard to believe that my baby is 23 years old today - Boy, that is making me feel old...

Still trying to find a skein of roving that I dyed last night - put it outside to dry on the hooks, gust of wind and up on the roof it went. Then was waiting for the wind to bring it down - no luck before I went to bed at midnight - up this morning and it is no where to be found. Darn, it was two ounces of a great purple - who knows it may still show up or someone in Kansas will awake to a strange bundle sitting in their field. I have dyed a bunch of roving to use in some new batts - bright colors will soon be coming to the carding machine..

Got to run but everyone have a great day and love hearing what you are all up to - busy bees we are! Michele you are so lucky to have bees - I am alergic to their sting so no hives for me.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  05:39:17 AM  Show Profile
~Michele~ We have a hive at our house that belongs to a friend. He keeps them at different locations around here. I have been trying to talk Stan into getting our own, but he is leary.

So very hot here in Arkansas. It usually doesn't get this hot until mid to late July. Heat index was 104 degrees yesterday. Stan was building fence for the new ram pasture and ended up soaking his t-shirt just getting stuff out to get ready to work. Jessica helped him a lot since the boys were still at church camp. We picked them up about 5:00 last night, and the youngest, Avery came in and laid down on the couch and went to sleep. We woke him up a couple of hours later to eat, then he laid back down and is still asleep and it is 7:30 the next morning!

I have been looking for either and antique wheel, or at least one patterned like an antique, that isn't too expensive. We have lots of antique shops around, so I have been lurking a lot. I want to be able to sit up and spin when we have historical days at the town historical museum. Finally found an antique one - took my breath away when I saw it- great condition, every single part, within my price range, BUT it is a flax wheel. Teeny tiny little bobbins. Oh well. I'll keep looking.

Been trying to come up with a batt for next month's Phat Fiber. Inspiration has left me - too much else going on. A dear friend of mine is up at the hospital with her husband who is just about to go home to heaven. She has had to make some hard decisions in the last couple of days, hope I never have to be in her situation. They have three children about my kids' ages. Ugh.

Have also been spending a lot of time studying and driving to complete my CDL. My brain is full. Stan says I am doing well. God continues to bless us in ways we never thought possible. The mortgage company called us from out of the blue and wanted to lower our interest rate 1.5%. Who ever heard of that happening? We just knew there was a catch. We had the bank branch manager check it out, it is legitimate! Hit another huge stumbling block yesterday - won't go into details - that looked like it was going to stop our plans cold of me staying home next year. Didn't make for a very good mood for most of the day. But, once again, the Lord stepped in and used a miracle to take care of it - something too large for us to even dream of.

Well, off to make batts. I have about 4 sets of black background/colorful top batts to make - they have been selling well. Think I will dye some cotswold today. I carded some coopworth that I dyed a gorgeous golden yellow yesterday. The staple was so long I didn't think I was going to get it off the drum carder. Seriously, thought I was going to have to get the scissors. I pried and pried, being oh so careful not to bend the teeth, and got it off about half an hour later. Sure is pretty!

Have a wonderful day ladies!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  11:43:10 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone know where Rae is from in Minnesota? There was a bad tornado that went through about 3 hours north of Saint Paul! I am praying that she is safe!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  2:43:46 PM  Show Profile
Hello all!! I am fine, tornadoes were below and above us! To be honest we seldom get them right where I live. I am about 60-70 miles south and a bit west of Duluth and about 2 hours north and a bit west of Mpls/St.Paul.

We had quite a bit of wind last night but nothing real major. Thank you Monica for your concern, it means a lot.

I had a childhood friend pass away last Thursday so kind of thrown for a loop, her funeral was yesterday.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  3:48:42 PM  Show Profile
Rae, I am so glad to hear that you are safe! I am so sorry to hear about your friend! Hugs and prayers to you!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  4:51:14 PM  Show Profile
Another Friday has rolled around and I wanted to check in before the weekend. It's been a fantastic week but busy. Do you ever have a week where the creative juices are flowing so much you almost have to pinch yourself? That's what this past week has been like for me...almost surreal. No, I'm not on drugs or anything, well allergy pills. Hmmm. I keep telling myself I deserve a great week but somehow I feel guilty about it. I tell ya, ladies...life is a funny thing. Also been selling sheep. I'm sold out of ram lambs...isn't that a miracle? I think the economy is turning around or something is happening that makes me feel upbeat and energized about being in the sheep business...like when I first started. I'm still not getting $2.50 a pound like Barbara though!

DH is out baling up the first field of hay today, finally! We got rained on a little bit so it was postponed a couple of days.

Rae, so glad you're safe and sound. Sure sorry about your friend. It just leaves a little hole in the heart when we lose someone we care about and it takes a while to figure out that we can't putty it shut but rather it gets filled up with good memories once the soreness wears off. Hugs Rae.

Sarita, I was sure sorry to year about your mom being taken advantage of...that's just plain sick-o if you ask me.

Lori, sounds like you've had a week too with ups and downs. Glad the CDL studying is going well. I know you will do great. I am sorry to hear of your friend and her ailing husband. Making those hard decisions takes a lot out of a person. I hope she finds some peace in it as I'm sure she is doing what he would want but it's still hard.

Grace, had to chuckle at your roving story. I must be very careful that mine doesn't actually FELT while drying...it's happened in our wind.

Waiting on a nest of killdeer eggs to hatch in my driveway. Should be today or tomorrow according to the books. I am actually going to be sad when the little eggs hatch and the family moves on. It's been fun watching the parents work together to keep the nest safe, although their choice of location is pretty crazy...a driveway in front of a house with 4 dogs? But the dogs have left them alone for the most part. We put a T-post next to the nest so no one will drive or walk on it.

Over and out. Have a great weekend. I'll let you know how the market goes when I recover. Thanks for the well wishes!

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  7:59:21 PM  Show Profile
Jami~ We had a nest of killdeer in our driveway too last year. Loved every minute of it! It amazes me that those birds have been around so long with the crazy dangerous places they put their nests. We marked ours with orange flags like the utility companies use, and even the mail lady and paper delivery man knew to drive around it.

Oh, Rae, so glad you are safe!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  07:54:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh Rae, I am so so glad you are O.K. - you where in my prayers and I just knew you would be safe. I am so sorry to hear of your loss - As we get older so many of our childhood friends go back home and it is so very hard to not have them by our sides. Just know I stand next to you and support you - you are loved and cared for - you long distant sister...

Glad to hear Jami that all is going well your way - economy is still slow here. Yes, I am actually thinking of selling some of my boys and then I spend a great afternoon in the pasture with them and think maybe I can just be a bit more creative to cover the feed bills...

I have been hard at work at the dye pots and carding machine. I finished some incredible bunny a sky blue, some llama and silk roving from my Sadie - I tried a new dyeing technique and I must admit I did really good!!! When they dry I will put up pictures on the blog because this new technique might just be the ticket to fame and fortune - who knows???

Had a graceful Friday - tried to move the heavy metal scale flooring by myself - dumb Grace - don't know how it happened by the dam thing came crashing down on my foot. Yep, the one that was lossing it's big toenail. Well, I tried to pull my foot away but it caught it on the top of the arch and scraped about 2 inches of skin off and luckly I do not think I broke anything. After screaming so loud that the whole farm came to a stop, I managed to hobble to the house, clean it off, bandage it up and elevate with ice. I must admit I can do the dumbest things.. So with a throbbing foot I spent the rest of the day doing things that I could do sitting down. Now it is swallon (No shoes) black, blue and colors I would not dye, and a continual reminder that I do the dumbest things.

So on a brighter note I posted two new giveaways on the blog - a sweet stamp collection for bee lovers and a silk collection for those who love to create. Hope you might enter - you can enter both - love doing these giveaways - great way to share with those who can not get to the farm...

Hugs to all and everyone be safe. Hope those gardens are recovering.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  09:27:47 AM  Show Profile
Rae, I was watching the weather and saying prayers for you and your family...So thankful that you are OK. But I am sorry for your loss.
Grace, just loved the new purple roving that blew in on the high winds we had last night...NOT! (just wishing)
Jami, you go girl! I love those weeks like you have had. I think we only have them now and then so we will appreciate them more.
Lori, I know what you mean about the heat...and humidity. I am also praying for you to have the wisdom to make the right decisions about your career.
Monica, things on the house are really moving now. I know you will have AC soon and moving.
Girls, got a fleece out soaking, worked on fences this morning early in the cool. I am also carding and dyeing. Got to find a new hot plate so I can heat the water outside. Trying to keep cost down so that I can enjoy more profits.
I have spoke for a new Bluefaced Border Liecester ram. His family came from Montana. May buy some registered BFBL ewes too... Decisions, Decisions!
Clorie, the new baby is doing good. She has two mothers, Sadie and her real mother. Sadie is like a old mother hen. Last night the lamb was not going in the direction of it's mother so Sadie took her nose and bumped her along.
Talk about birds...I have a mocking bird that comes every year. It can drive me nuts at times and other times I talk to it or stop and applaude. This morning it would fly and sing in the nearest tree to me while I fenced. When I am washing wool, it sits on the highest peak in the nearest tree, if I come to the house and stop to pull weeds, it sits on a light line right over me and makes like a starling. He or She are entertainment for me. We have 4 big martin apartments and they are also a joy to have on the place.
Michele, most acid dyes just need vinegar. Just give it a try and relax, it is so much fun. It sounds like you are really busy and dyeing is very relaxing....just buy your ticket and jump on and enjoy the ride....(I just keep don't know when to get off)...neither do most of the people on this forum.
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so.....
'Love the people who treat you right Pray for the ones who don't.
"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  11:25:20 AM  Show Profile
You know you all are wonderful! Really sometimes I feel really alone here with what I am aiming to do with the farm and how much I LOVE being on this place. Seems people don't get it and joke and not the kind of joking we do, know what I mean ??? I just don't know what I would do without you all and your encouragement so just wanted to say thank you and love you all
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  04:11:11 AM  Show Profile
Busy week for all. What you girls do with the fiber amaze me. Once I get done haying, I will order some dyes, and get expiermenting! Will be round baling a small field today. Only cut a small amount as the weather has been so up and down lately. Got a present coming next week. We are buying a used bi-fold rake. That will cut raking time by about 2/3's. Hopefully the weather straightens out and I can get all the hay done real soon.
How is the foot Grace? Ouch, hope you heal fast.
Peace
Michele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  10:52:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh Rae - I so wished I was closer because I know when you are standing alone with your dreams folks just love to try and cast stone at it. Just know that we are always here for you - I know it can feel like you are swimming up stream but that is the exciting part - you are a trail blazer and on that type of a journey you will experience amazing things that others could never come close too...

Thanks Michele for asking - well I was gong to take a picture of the silly foot just to give something new to the blog but after viewing the pictures I thought "Better Not" don't want folks to lose their lunch. I am a quick healer - with the way I am always banging myself up I better be. Oh Well, that is Graceful Grace...

I am excited for ou and the new bi-fold rake - sounds like it will do a huge amount of work. I am laughing because I do not even own a lawn mower - so my llama girls are out eating but the grass is up to my knees - I happen to love that but I know others may wonder what in the world is that weird lady at the funny farm doing??? This afternoon if the heat is not too bad I will turn the goat girls out into the tall backyard grass - they love the thistles and weeds most of all. Then later in the evening the weaned goat boys will get a turn and then toward evening the two year old boys and so on - that way in time they assist with the mowing - I am sure not as fast or with such even work as your equipment but that is the Funny Farm for ya.

Sarita how is your bird enterainment going??? I love reading about them. I had another visitor this morning - while trying to enjoy my cup of coffee on the front deck and watch my farm wake up I kept hearing something hit my window next to me - I looked around but I could not see anything. This went on about a dozen times. I went into the house and there was a huge Magpie in my livingroom banging it's self on all my windows trying to get out. You know how much a hate birds (Hitchcock and all) so I am trying to get the silly thing out without getting too close to it and before it can break the antique oil lamps filled with oil in my window sills. I finally after about a half hour of many different techniques got the stupid thing outside. I wished I could say my birds bring me joy but most times the provide me with increasing my capture skills. I hope you will share more stories because I sure need somthing to balance my encounters.

Have a wonderful Father's Day all - Oh, I posted a picture of the grand baby on the blog from this morning with his daddy. I am trying to remember to do that Grandmother thing of showing pictures - I really suck at it.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  12:04:12 PM  Show Profile
Rae, We absolutely love you too! I don't know what I would do without you all either! I don't really have anyone around me that understands either! I did meet a girl on etsy that lives near me and we are going to get together when she gets back from vacation in August! I can't wait! I went out with my sister-in-law last night and I was telling her all about you ladies! I think that even thought we have never met, if we ever did we would all be just like old friends getting together! I love you all too!!

Grace, I hope also that your foot is feeling better!

Sarita, We should know Wednesday if we get the go ahead on the A/C!

Michele, I am praying that your weather will be cooperative!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  1:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Grace, is your foot doing better? Hope it heals fast without further problems...I bet it is a pain caring for your animals.

Sarita

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  6:20:13 PM  Show Profile
Got one small field baled up today. Should of had more down, but that is the way it goes. At least it didn't get any rain on it!
Congrats grandma Grace! He is a keeper!

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  06:14:54 AM  Show Profile
Glad you are able to get started haying, Michele. Our equipment is ready to go as soon as the rain stops and give us a chance. I really shouldn't complain about getting rain...rather have the rain than not have it. I got up at 2:30 am and it was storming and raining, so we were very happy that we hadn't cut any hay down.
Washed 2 fleeces over the week end. I need to get some more listed on Ebay. I am also thinking about selling some of my stash that is all ready to card. My studio is getting too cluttered to suit me with baskets of wool. I have never tried to sell dyed wool on ebay...may give it a try.
Jami, how did you do at farmer's market...hope really well.
Grace how is the foot?
Minnie and Jimmy are weaned and doing great. It is lots easier now that I am not fixing bottles and running to the barn. They come running when they hear me at the barn. (still think they are part human).
My morning coffee is calling my name...have a great day.
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  11:04:08 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all. Busy couple of days trying to get things caught up inbetween rain storms. This has been the coldest, wettest spring that I can remember in the 30 years I have lived here. All my plants are stunted and the grass....my flower gardens had grass that was over two feet tall!! I spent all of Saturday trying to clip, weed, trim and weed wack all that grass so at least it looks like people live here again. Today it's pouring rain and back down in the 50's again. All my bean seeds were consumed by the birds again - gonna give it one more try with remae covering the row to try to keep them out. If they don't go this time I won't get beans this year and even now it will be iffy. My cukes are definately dead - no rebound after the hail storm but the zuchinins appear to be rebounding. I would sincerely like to shut off my heat. I had to break down and buy a couple of bags of pellets for the pellet stove on friday.

Glad to hear you are safe and all is well, Rae. I was concerned when I saw on the news about the storms up your way. I know it can seem lonely when you are out there from the "group" but know that there are those of us who feel just like you. I know the folks around me think I'm nuts as I am such a hermit who hates going to town and avoid it as much as humanly possible.

I hope your foot is doing better, Grace. I know about the dumb things category first hand. Just take care and don't over do things too soon and cause more damage.

Glad to hear you are on a creative roll, Jami. Weeks like that are one of life's treasures.

How did the bid on the A/C go, Monica? Hope all the haying goes well for everyone. Sarita I am envious of your wool washing/dying - a few days of sunshine would find me there too ----less rain for a few days please...

Have a great day everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  11:32:35 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, I watch the weather map and they talk about your weather...so different this year. Sounds like you have given it a good try. Hope you can get some produce out of your garden this year.
I am much like you girls. I don't dislike being with people but there is no place like home. Fingers in the wool, caring for the sheep and cows. Do you go somewhere and think about what you need to be doing at home? I can't even go to a craft show or sheep show and think: I have all kinds of wool to make that, or material...I could make that...etc. Now don't try to tell me that you aren't thinking about escaping and getting back home.

Sarita

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  4:30:09 PM  Show Profile
Rae, You are too cute! I am the exact same way! Whenever I go out, I always just want to get back home!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  4:55:43 PM  Show Profile
Monica are you very close to the fires there? Geez always something huh? Had some storms here today but bad stuff just north, little closer this time but as long as it stays away that is fine.

Didn't get much done today, had to do a run to Sam's Club. That is always depressing. Really hate shopping in the first place
Need to call a guy and see if he has any ewes for sale so I can get some more here for breeding, as I said don't care to have a bunch of "special needs" sheep

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  5:26:16 PM  Show Profile
I did the trip into town today - I pack into one trip as much as I can - bank, library, license renewing, food shopping, animal feed shopping and dropping off products to local shops. By the time I get back I have had enough of people, traffic and noise. I am more tired then if I had spent the day fixing fences, cleaning barns, weeding and shearing all rolled into one. Yep, we may be strange but I bet we are alot happier then all those folks running around after stuff.

So Rae, what is wrong with "Special Needs" sheep?? I get you - you are do some easier times.. I hope you get just the right one's for your happy home. It is draining to have animal issues - but I must say it is worth a pot of gold when you can bring them thru and have many great years with them.

Sarita I just loved your sharing on my blog - brought tears to my eyes - thank you for sharing so much with me - I feel so blessed to hear the stories you gals share with me - truly blessed.

Sheri, I am so sorry for the garden problems - I have given up this year - I have two small cherry tomatoe plants on the deck with my herbs and they are saying we might get hit with another hail storm tonight. I just transplanted them Sunday morning - Mother Nature is really not helping. My heart breaks to know what time, love and money has been lost - I guess there will be many of us visiting farmers markets this year.

I managed to get my foot into a shoe to go to town, down a couple of herbal pills and sucked it up. As I type I have it up and iced. Might even treat myself to a Gin and Tonic because it is just pounding. I guess gracefull Grace needs to remember that I am not always able to do things by myself. I was tempted to purchase some blue nail polish to go with all my black and blue toes. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers - maybe we should pray that I stop being so graceless.....

Now that all us hermits are back on the farm we can breath a bit easier and enjoy the sunset as the birds sing in the trees. Here's to all us home bodies - up to our eyes in fiber - what a great way to live..

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  8:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Rae, We are not near the fires at all! They are near Flagstaff which is about 200 miles away!

Grace,Amen to all of us homebodies! I really am up to my eyes in fiber! It is great!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  9:22:12 PM  Show Profile
Okay! I need some help with a wool problem!!!!!!!!!!! I sold a batt on etsy and the girl I sold it to loves it, but she said it feels a bit sticky! I thought maybe there was some lanolin in it, but I checked the wool that I did the batt from and it does not seem to be sticky at all! She is in Colorado and she said it was not very humid, but she is concerned about the stickiness when she is home in Florida and there is more humidity! I have had some batches of fleece that I have washed again because they have felt sticky, but this doesn't seem to, so I am at a loss! For those of you in the South, does any of your clean wool feel sticky in the summer?

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  04:18:48 AM  Show Profile
Here's to all of us homebodies, three cheers!
Good luck with your problem Monica. You don't want to know my first thought, as I am sure you would not sell any sticky wool.
Long range forecast looks like I start cutting hay on Sunday. The whole works will go down. That will take a couple days though. Will be nice to get it done.
The garden is looking great. Corn is over knee high now. Picked spinich and radish's last night. Cherry tree is starting to turn red now too. Have to get some cd's hung out there to keep the robins out.

take care all
Michele
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page