oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  09:51:03 AM  Show Profile
Grace, so sorry to hear about your hen! I don't mind snakes either, except for the rattlers. We get a few in the yard every so often. Not good with kids! I am still looking for the apple!

Rae, Glad to hear that your weather is getting nice! I see you are counting down to days till school is out!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  3:21:58 PM  Show Profile
Gosh it is hot and humid! We put up a temporary electric fence yesterday so the sheep could get out into the cattle pasture. It was only in the 80's, but we were soaking wet with sweat in just a few minutes. Boy the sheep are loving being in the lush green grass!

The puppies sure are something. It PORED down rain today, and they just sat out in it! Crazy things. They sure are loveable, though. The sheep have calmed down around them now. Ginger, the larger puppy, was even snuggled up with one of the BL crosses. So sweet!

Grace~ email me about the PF box. Be aware that this is only the second month we have done it. I will be happy to answer any questions, though. Took me forever to figure it out.

I am really worried about Lily, my basset mix house dog. She has literally been my shadow for going on 8 years now. I adopted her from the humane society as an adult dog, and they thought she was 2 or 3. I think she was more like 4 or 5. She is a golden tan color, but in the last year her muzzle and head have turned very white. Her teeth are worn down even with her gums in front, and trust me, this dog has lived the life of luxury since she has come to live with us. In fact, my husband is at a deacon's meeting at church right now and she is in the easy chair asleep. He doesn't allow her up there, but she pays attention when he leaves! Anyway, she has taken to panting all the time lately. We are not big "vet" people - not many around here worth their salt, the ones that are smart, are astronomical in their prices. We give all the dogs their shots ourselves and do much of our own doctoring - experience can be as good as a vet visit as many of you know. Lily is overweight, and I am wondering if the heat and humidity is just affecting her more than usual. She is also eating grass like crazy. I have been giving her Tums and that seems to help sometimes. But you know how you just get that gut feeling sometimes? Well, I have had it about her for about 3 months now. I am worried since she just started it all the sudden. Anybody got any experiece with older dogs? I know the older and plumper I get, the more the heat bothers me. :)

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  04:04:50 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning ladies.

Busy weekend. My last lamb was born on saturday. Skittles had a beautiful little ram lamb. This ewe is my daughter Alison's so I told her I would buy him from her and keep him as a ram. He is the last lamb from my good ram that died. I will never know until I try.

Grace, so sorry to hear about your hen. It doesn't matter what animal, it still doesn't make it any easier.

Lori, sorry to hear about your dog. I too have an aged dog, but he has always been on the skinny side. I can't get weight on him. What if you try a dog food for aged dogs and cut back on his weight? Maybe that might relieve him some.

Grace, we are going to pick rocks today if you are interested. My girls would come to your house and do your chores if you want. They are not big on rock picking!

The puppies openned their eyes yesterday, how adorable. I would post pictures, but I don't know where or how. Any insite. You ladies are great with these computer things, I am not so.
If I figure it out, I can post some things.

Anyway, better get going and get more work done. Laundry, laundry, laundry!
God Bless
Barb
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  06:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Barb I would gladly help but Sunday I spent most of the day digging out and pulling T posts. It has been a project long overdue and since the ground a some moisture I thought I better get to it. So for today my back just would not let me assist in the rock picking but it sure sounds like fun....

Lori I too have a sweet one who is growing near to her end. Weight is a big issue for all but the panting might also be that she is also having breathing issues. I would place my ear to her lungs and listen to her breathing. If it crackles or sounds mushy/wet then you are dealing with more serious issues then weather. Also, does she drink alot?? Again, those will give us more information. The more you can tell us about her the more we might be able to help. I so understand about the vet issue.. I do not have one out here I would say is helpful in fact I had one send a llama into cardiac arrest and I had to bring the llama back. I had another who took so long we had to perform our own C Section on a Ewe by reading a book as my son and I did the deed. He showed up just in time to do the the stitching back up. I agree country vets are no more...

Teresa did I mention I started this farm with Southdown Babydoll Sheep - I LOVE THEM. How is the washing going?? Our start was with two baby llama's also because my son Nick fell in love with them at the National Western Stock Show and by the next year we had 26 of them.

Hope everyone has a great Monday..

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  09:54:34 AM  Show Profile
Happy Monday girls. Always a good day. I really am better with a schedule and a list of things that must be done than free time. I tend to squander it a bit too much but did get the garden planted this weekend. Had the most glorious weather weekend. Woo hoo. Not a wind in sight and perfect temps for working outside.

Little Socks' coat got tangled up and his pasture buddy, Rosebud, went to hopping around the pasture all freaked out in deer-fashion and alerted me. So, I took his coat off for now. It fit him perfectly and wasn't ripped anywhere so not sure of the cause but we're not feeding hay now so there's not much VM to get into the wool anyhow. This coating is an experiment.

DIL had her baby shower yesterday. Great fun and lots of fun things for the baby. Wow, it was held at a "suburbia" house, like something out of House Beautiful magazine. Eye candy for sure. Like a whole different world when I get out into it.

Lori, we have an old dog too and they can make you worry and fret but now I think that if he's wagging his tail while he's awake (he sleeps most of the time now) he's okay and if he starts gimping around he gets a pain pill for his arthritis. He's eating and still wants to wander at times. But I agree, you know when something's "off" with an animal you've had so long. I would have to wonder about the panting being heat related or something like congestive heart failure. Our old guy pants a lot too but he has a Husky type coat and winces when I try to dehair his undercoat so I try to not overdo that. Nothing to be done besides try to keep excess weight off of him which has seemed to help.

Monica, have fun with the fleece. I was so worried it would explode out of the box in shipment. Relieved.

Grace, glad your girl got to be out with her "kind" before she passed. May she rest in peace now. It is the time of year to keep busy so it's great we are all able to do our chores and have our health.

Sarita, girl, once you get the weather to cooperate you will have the greenest pastures ever! Our lambs are growing like weeds but still provide evening entertainment with their races and jumping contests. One little group starts out and more join in and pretty soon it's a group of 50 going nutso. Then they plop down and rest and pant for a while. Sterling growls if they get too close to his food bowl so around his house they all jump up and buck and kick up their legs.

Teresa, welcome to the group. Sarita has a great wool washing post on her blog. Seems we all have our own way of doing it so just depends on your setup. I'm a 5-gallon bucket washer/soaker. I haul the buckets in and out of my closest bathroom near my garage door entry tub and fill with hot water and have the buckets in succession outside from soapy water to clear rinse water and soak and transfer the fleece from bucket to bucket. I put rubber gloves on and gently scoop the wool from top of the bucket working down, gently squeeze the dirty water out over an empty bucket or the ground and transfer into a clean bucket to soak, etc. I change the water out as I go for the next batch keeping the temperature the same between buckets. I work in small batches. Dry on chicken wire homemade racks outside. Usually though, once it's washed, while still wet I'll just start dyeing. The last rinse will be with a splash of vinegar to mimic the presoak in dyeing. Then I dry outside on the racks.

Enough for today. Happy trails.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  11:55:09 AM  Show Profile
Well, spent 3 hours rock picking. I should have wore a step counter. We covered about 25 acres. That is good for today. We'll go again tomorrow.

My daughter and I are off to go grad dress shopping! She is excited, I am also, but, I hate shopping. Let's pray that we find something right away!

Barb
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  6:38:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I am sorry to hear about your hen, Grace. Always hard to lose a friend but most especially an old one.
Lori, I agree with the dog panting issue - listen for wheezing as it could indicate a congestive heart issue. I have dealt with it in old dogs before. Try feeding a dog food for inactive dogs as getting the weight down will help create less exertion for the dog.

Sounds like everyone has had a busy weekend - me too. Had my partner and son, and his wife here to help move fence posts and clean up downed trees from the wind storm we had a couple of weeks ago. Got the sprinkler system up and running so I don't have to carry water out to the chickens anymore - hurray!! So nice to just turn on a spigot. The system gets drained for the winter. Only one run to repair this year which is great compared to the 5 breaks last year. Rototiller had major issues so couldn't get the garden tilled. My SIL will come out with his on Wed. and till for me. Then I can finally get something planted. Moved a lot of the plants out to harden off in anticipation. Some, like my cukes will have to be repotted before they come out as they are so root bound there are 2 inches of roots hanging out the bottom of the pots. I know what you mean about the perfect weather, Jami. Now it's supposed to turn chilly and rainy the rest of the week except for Wed. which works out as far as the tilling goes. Then I will be rock picking....

Hope you found a beautiful dress for your daughter, Barb. Welcome to the group, Teresa. I learned from Sarita's instructions on wool washing and mine turned out great. Hope your rain has let up, Sarita and that you got your house all spiffy for your company.

I'm off in search of dinner and then a whirl at my spinning wheel(well earned) after a weekend of hard labor!

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  8:57:28 PM  Show Profile
Barb ,I hope your daughter found a dress right away! I am not one for shopping either, unless it's raw fiber! Then I could shop all day long! Just the thought of picking rocks in 25 acres wears me out!

Jami, I wanted to open the fiber at the post office so bad, but I am wise to packing it in as tight as possible so I waited till I got to the Jeep! We had beautiful weather yesterday, and I was going to wash fiber and laundry, but just never got to it! I guess I needed a break after tending to Gary and the kids with colds and then getting one myself! I am going to do up a small batch tonight! It is so nice as it is so I can't wait to see how it comes out washed!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  06:31:01 AM  Show Profile
I listened to my dog, Lily's, chest last night and it sounds just as clear as can be. My son scared us to death a few years ago when he became sick with pneumonia, so I know what rattly lungs should sound like. We have turned the air cooler in the house and she seems to be doing better. Pretty sad when you spend more money to keep the house cooler for the family pet! I am just going to keep a really close eye on her. We have one vet about an hour's drive from our house that is the old country vet. He travels a lot and doesn't like to see pets - just livestock - when he is in, but he will if I sound desperate enough on the phone. If she doesn't improve I will try to catch him next time he is in town.

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  07:05:06 AM  Show Profile
Our dogs are so important to us. I understand you very well. My goats seem to be doing good. Its is chilly here today but they are out in their pen and will stay there most the day. Unless the black flies get to bad. Nibs and I are doing pretty well together milking. She gives over a gallon a day.
I made cheese the other day and need to make some more - maybe I will give some to my folks. My husband brought home a new horse last evening.....she is beautiful....he will have to ride her and make a decision about the other one cause we can't afford both. Kris : )

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  08:48:51 AM  Show Profile
Rainy Tuesday here in Ellensburg, Sheri. Your weather predictions were right on. It's a nice respite and I'm looking forward to the results with the garden bursting to life and green everywhere. Gotta enjoy that while we can! Sheep are wet but they are all out grazing in this heavy downpour. My Texels are thinking of their roots on the Isle of Texel in the Netherlands where rain is an everyday thing.

Sheri, so glad you got some of the yearly chores complete. Once you get those starts planted, you will be harvesting in no time. Hubby built a cold frame this year out of old windows and boards and it's been nice to start a few things in. Next year I'll use it more.

Lori, glad your dog is doing a bit better with your help.

Rae, how's it going?

Well, I have today off and thought I would spend it dyeing but don't feel like making that mess inside the house. That will have to be another day. Will be in my sewing room today working on a few things and playing with Monica's combs!

BTW, maybe you read about Monica holding off on opening her fleece from me until she got home. There's a reason for that. Thought I'd share my trick for packing fleece to ship. Fleece is in a big clear plastic bag (I buy them at Costco, a million for $13 or something) and they have handles on them to tie shut. About 3 feet tall x 2 1/2 feet wide. There are 4 "ears" to tie closed. I knot one set of the ears or ties and there is still a tiny hole left where the other 2 ties are. I put an old piece of pantyhose over the end of my vacuum hose, holding onto the nylon tight so it won't get sucked into the nozzle, insert the wand/nozzle into the little hole in the bag and wa-la....that bag will shrink down to a pittance of its former self and become a brick of wool. As it's shrinking, I insert it into the box and try to shape the brick to fit. When it gets to its smallest size I quickly turn off the vacuum, tie the other 2 ears really tight and seal up the box quick-like. With this method you have to make sure your box is ready, as in invoices or notes already inside. Have the tape ready. You won't believe how small of a box you can fit a huge fleece into but even with the bag tied tightly it will try to take air back in so I seal the box tightly! Saves money when shipping, not on weight of course but on the over-sized box that the PO charges more to ship.

Happy day, girls.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  12:58:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi All. Had a real scare last evening - my youngest grand daughter nearly drowned in the bathtub. Mom had stepped out for a few moments and babe (1 yr) was in about 3 inches of water. Her three yr. old brother turned on the water and filled the tub (small tub and big water pressure) and she went under. Her 7 & 6 yr. old sisters pulled her out while hollering for Mom and the 6 yr old did some compressions on her which forced some of the water out. After a trip in the ambulance and a night in ICU she is fine and is going home today. Life sure can take a turn in a heartbeat. I don't know if Mom will ever forgiver herself....she is eaten up with it. Amazing that her sisters kept cool and did what they did at such young ages. It's been a long, prayer filled night for us all. Thank God all turned out okay. I am so drained.

Hope all is well with everyone. I will write more later.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  2:26:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh My Gosh - what a horrible event but thank goodness that the other's jumped in and kept their cool and help their sibling. Accidents are just that - please tell Mom that there was no way to foresee this happening that is why they are called accidents. Gives hugs all around and know that we are praying for a quick recovery and foregivness.

Are you O.K. Sheri??

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  2:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, I am so glad to hear that your grand daughter is okay! How scary! That is so good that her sisters stayed calm! Give hugs from me too and do tell your daughter not to be too hard on herself. Grace is right, accidents are just that!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  3:48:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh My! So thankful the wee one is okay - man - life can move so quickly!! What a blessing that everyone moved fast and she is okay!!!

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  4:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Things have finally mellowed out. She got her home about 3:00 and she is running around like nothing happened. Mom is beginning to relax. G-Grandma is there with her along with Auntie so they will feed them all dinner and hopefully she will finally let go. It could all have had a different ending and Thank God it didn't. It was an object lesson for all the Mom's in the family who aren't as vigilant as they could be since nothing has ever happened - it only takes a minute. What was even more heartening is that she knows none of her neighbors yet so many offered to stay with her children if she wanted to ride in the ambulance. She waited for her husband (they own a restaurant and he was at work) as she didn't know them - but it is heartening to know that perfect strangers will offer comfort. One lady that lives next door who just moved in a few months ago who is in her 70's came and threw her arms around her and gave her huge hugs while waiting for her husband to get home. In this day and age of mistrust in fellow humans, it's nice to know that more people are kind than not.

I am fine, Grace - no worries. Relieved and tired but am right as rain. Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm sure she will forgive herself eventually but for now, just being home with a healthy child is enough.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  03:29:43 AM  Show Profile
Prayers to all of you Sheri. Yes that is why it is called an accident but we all know as Mom's we beat ourselves up over everything that happens to our kids

Not too much new on this home front. Just very anxious for school to be done. Trying to decide whether to add on here. We really need to put up walls for some bedrooms. Those of you who don't know we live in a garage. Our house sold (3 yrs ago) in the winter so moved in here. With wanting to get the farm going, economy that stinks, we just didn't put up a house. By adding on here this would turn out to be pretty decent in size and then can go from there. Right now it is like a one room cabin. By adding on enough space for a couple bedrooms could still make a small guest room/sewing or spinning room and open things up a lot and not feel so crowded. Our son is crunching numbers as he is carpenter and he and his BIL do some side jobs. Just hate another debt but sanity is good too, isn't it??

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  07:43:32 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, my heart went into my throat reading your post. One small moment of time lapse can be so huge in our life and transforms how we see it. Isn't it a lovely thing to see when the "chips are down" how your grandchildren responded with action doing what they knew to do, DIL's neighbors being so neighborly and toddler running around the next day? God is surely watching over us.

Rae, you're Outposting it girl. I remember living in a 5th wheel for almost a year. Haven't enjoyed camping much since...got so tired of trying to keep a tiny space clean with 4 people in it and relighting the pilot light in our winds. Would be getting the kids off to school and that darned light would have blown out in the night and no hot water or stove, etc. Would go out with a blanket to shield the wind around me and relight that thing.

So, my wish for you today Rae...as many walls as you want. : ) I'm sure you're doing well but a girl needs a little room to call her own! Now that I have an empty nest I have my own playroom and I love it so.

Rained all morning yesterday. I think the grass grew about 4" and the garden is smiling big. Rain is quite rare for us and we've had a fair amount lately.

Well, today I am working so off I go. Happy trails.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  2:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear that everyone is at home and well Sheri. This has been a lesson to all of us - things can turn in a second and not always the way we thought, that there are still caring folks in the world and no matter what remember we are watched over.

Rae, I owe you an email and will do that when I leave here - sorry it completely slipped my tiny gray cells. Your building more then a home your are creating a wonderful life adventure. Take your time and just know that for many of us we would rather be outside then in and things can just clutter our minds and souls. I have been pearing down and have looked at several cabin style homes resently because since it is just me I have learned I do not wish to work so hard for things that do not matter to me anymore. Simple is where my head is at these days. I wish for you all your dreams and plans come true.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  4:18:24 PM  Show Profile
I am with you, Grace. I have cleaned out I don't know how many truckloads of stuff out of my house over the past year and hauled it to the Goodwill and my husband said it sounds hollow in the house! Probably going to extremes, but hey, I'm sick and tired of cleaning "stuff." It's like this constant cleansing. I even cleaned out my fleeces...all except 3 left are going to the wool pool. I said enough was enough. We have a fresh start every year so it's not like I'll never have another one, right?

You seem to really be pondering a big change, Grace. Aren't the seasons of life an adventure? You never know who you might become with each new day. I like that about getting older...more comfy in your own shoes all the time, or maybe we're wearing more sensible shoes now? : )

Well, hubby just came home from work not feeling well so I think I will do his chores tonight...see ya later.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  4:43:52 PM  Show Profile
Wow, we are all coming to the same spot! Jami, I am clearing stuff out left and right! Things that used to seem so great are now just more stuff to clean and I just want to sit and have time with my family and time for the arts that I love! I am even going to be clearing out a lot of fabric and fiber! A lot of will go to making some new clothes for the girls for summer! It seem fun at first to have x amount of wool and fabric, but then at a point it is overwhelming to find anything and seems to make the creative juices stop flowing!

Rae, It sounds like you really do need a bit more space! I will be praying that it all works out for you!

To give an update on the house, right now things are moving forward! I spent this afternoon plastering the bathroom! I can't wait to get it done because then Gary can put the toilet and sink in and as soon as I get the utility room finished, he will get the hot water tank in and then I could go over and take bubble baths! Yipee!!! Right now I am going to go take a shower and wash all of the plaster off of me!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  4:46:35 PM  Show Profile
My problem is my books I have 100's. I love to read, I can live without tv, new clothes and other stuff but not my books. I read them over and over and then still over again Most of the time it doesn't bother me but every once in a while I need to just have a small space only for me Oh well what will be will be I guess. Will see what kind of numbers come in when my son figures things out. DH has built everything we have here but his plate is full and son is a carpenter so...

Really nice here today, 82!!! Time to start to get stuff in the garden this weekend. Think we will be brave and go out a week to 2 early.

Sure glad the sheep got sheared when they did!! Boy would they have been roasting today.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  5:14:08 PM  Show Profile
I have been doing a lot of purging myself. It feels so nice to open a cupboard and actually see space instead of stuff. It's a slow process but I keep plugging away at it as time allows. It sure is a lot easier to find things you actually need. People keep gifting me stuff I don't really need so I end up with so much all the time that if I didn't purge at least once a year I'd be so inundated I wouldn't be able to move! Anyone watch that horders show? I thought I had a lot of stuff but I guess I really don't have all that much in the bigger picture....

Hope everyone had a great, productive day.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  5:51:01 PM  Show Profile
Rae, I love books too! I have a lot of really old books and I don't think I will part with them anytime soon! I don't get to read very often, but they are such treasures! I recently got an old copy of Little Women and I want to read it to the girls!

Sheri, Isn't it funny when people give you stuff and you really wish they wouldn't! I have seen commercials for the hoarders show and I can't imagine how they live like that! I don't have anywhere near that amount and I am going crazy trying to get rid of stuff!

Grace, I am in LOVE with the marigold yarn you have on etsy! I may have to treat myself for my b-day!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  04:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Morning all. We have had some nice days here lately. I did put the gardens in this week. Taking a chance that it does not turn too cold anymore. Got cows moved to pasture. And today we will be picking rock. We only have about 3 acres to do, but we only hope that we can get it done in 4 hours. Our crew will be small this year and the rocks are many. Barb your 25 acres sounds like it would be a dream to pick! They are calling for a chance of rain tomorrow, so we got to try to get it done today.
Happy Days
Michele
Then it will be back to weeding. Got to get the beds done around the place, as our youngest will be graduating the 29th. So I will spend most of the next week preparing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page