Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  08:26:12 AM  Show Profile
And Sheri, I somehow missed your line about getting a check for new sheep for Mother's Day. Cool! Let us know what you pick out! I have a friend with some nice fiber lambs for sale, Targhee and Border Leicester breeds.

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  08:47:04 AM  Show Profile
Great to hear from you Jami. Change is something that is a real inner work for me - I don't know about the rest of you but I spend sometimes too much time in my brain over change...
I am so excited for your little one coming - my grandson Reece is finally sleeping for about 4 hours at a time which helps his mother get a handle on things. Sounds like you have made some usefull and loving goodies for the new comer.

I agree it is great to have folks push us - I really need a push but please not too hard. I got a new spinning book Wednesday, read it all and now am ready to try spinning some fabric and wool together - two of my loves - spinning and sewing. Last night I sat and spun for another four hours - getting it into a schedule so I get some handspun yarns done. Trying to be a big girl - I can be so flighty.

Maybe you ladies can find a great business with all those new baby rocks... I agree it sure beat going to a gym. I am trying to find a farm work active that will tone those soft back part of my arms - I have great muscles but a bit of extra skin from weight loss.... Oh well, again too much information.

Congrat's Sheri on the Sheep money - WOW what a great present!! Barb I missed that - a new baby!!!! How exciting, do we get to see pictures - Mini what a sweet name.. Jami I agree it is hard when those little one's are so independent but this morning while the mom's where eating a few of the kids came up and wanted me to pet them, I was shocked but loved it and could do it all day...

Still snowing but I just turned on the space heater and will get the dye pots going - I am not going to turn on the furance, Spring is around the corner I just know it...

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  09:55:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi ya all. I see some of you know about picking rocks. Yuck. We are reseeding fields, so then we have to go through and hand pick the rocks out. Been doing it for almost 38 years on the same fields. And that is not counting the years since these fields were put under plow. As kids we would find "rock nests". That is where the rocks breed and multiply. :) :) If we were rich we would have a rock picker, and a land roller. We are not rich, so we hand pick.
I didn't get to go to the fiber show. We had had snow the night before, and I could not get my husband to go with me. ( I don't like driving in the city ) (City means anything bigger then 700 people.) :) Next Year!!!!!
Grandkids are such fun, enjoy!! Our grandson is 6 months old now.
Been raining most of the day so far. Sheep are out getting a bath! And they are not happy either. Got cheese and butter made, and a few different projects done. Should start some bread, but will see.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  11:17:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey Michele hopefully we can hit the fiber show on the same day next year and meet!!!

Where do you recommend one buy carders from? What a rookie I are, huh???

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  11:54:11 AM  Show Profile
Jami, Socks is beautiful! White Knight is a soft and gentle ram. He never even attempts to butt. His off spring is sweet too and they are very friendly. I had to go a couple of hundred miles to find a BL ram when I was wanting one, wish I could have a ram baby like him for a unrelated ram next year. (so if anyone is reading this listing, I am looking for another BL ram. Email me if you know of anyone raising them in North Missouri or Southern Iowa.)
Yesterday I had two ewes to lamb, the last one came backwards...what a deal! A vet had to help me. China looked like she was going to have triplets and she ended up having this great big boy. China is white, 1/2 shetland and 1/2 BL, her wool was dragging the ground by the time we sheared. She loves to be petted. She was tough as a boot last night having this lamb. He is wobbling on the hind legs since we had to pull on them but he is trying to stand. Got up lambing, went to bed lambing, storming during the whole thing. I am so thankful for the old barn. I bet she could tell lots of stories.
Michelle and Rae, sorry you didn't make it to the fiber show. Rae, I ordered carders from the internet, from a place advertised in Spin Off in Wisconsin, I think! That was before I knew Grace had a shop.
I think all our rocks have washed away...or is that wishful thinking?
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so.....
'Love the people who treat you right Pray for the ones who don't.
"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  12:03:28 PM  Show Profile
My son has been encouraging me to think of a business I could start from home. He thinks I am to old to work at the camping park. I wish there was something....but what?

I love yarns too - have done some felting - but don't have the "raw" fibers. Spinning and such has always knocked on my heart but I ignore it. To much else going on. I do enjoy hearing you guys talk.
Does the spinning lower your blood pressure and brain?
Kris

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  12:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Rae, do you know what type of carders you are looking for?? I might have what you are looking for but no pressures or worries...

Congrat's on the birthing - I know how hard it is to pull those big boys. I am sure he will get his sea legs soon.

I too have a new addition to the farm - if you have a chance take a look at my blog - I sure would love to know what it is???

Snow finally stopped for now, sun is trying to peek out but it is still bitter cold. I now found myself a new profession - Rock Picker! A great way to use that college education don't you think??
Your rocks multiply as fast as my gound chipmunks and voles... I wished I could pick them out of the pastures - I'll trade you!!!

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  5:32:33 PM  Show Profile
Grace emailed you.

I am such a rookie I just know nothing and am so thankful for all you wonderful ladies

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  6:21:19 PM  Show Profile
We carved our housepad out of a hillside about 8 years ago. Then we hauled in 25 dump truck loads of free dirt/rock mix. Free was the selling point. Even though we have picked up rocks forever, the kids are still forbidden to be outside when we are mowing - too much risk of the mower throwing one out.

Snakes are a real problem already this year. Killed a copperhead last night on our way to my daughter's band concert. It was a big one, too. That makes 2 of those, one puff adder and one huge rat snake already. Sheesh. It is only mid-May.

When we were kids my dad was a creative guy. We had to stack firewood for fighting, go get under our beds if we backtalked (yes, just lay there - I hid a flashlight and book under mine!) and then we had the buckets 'o rocks punishments. He had 5 gallon buckets - we had 1,2,or 3 bucket offenses, depending on how much trouble we were in. And believe me, we didn't have small boulders in our yard, we had small rocks. Do you know how long it takes to pick up three, five gallon buckets of small rocks? He still says it built character, but I just think it got his lawn in shape for the gorgeous green-ness that it is now!

I can't wait until school is out. Motivating students is becoming impossible. There is a really good chance I won't have to go back next year. We are on the verge of a very big decision. I really want to grow my fiber business, and I don't think I will see its potential while I am still working at the school. So, I know what you mean about change. It is tough, especially when that change is voluntary and affects more than yourself.

Monica, your statement abut the mints hid in your fiber stash cracked me up. I had some fudge hid in my sewing room several years ago. My basset mix, Lily found it and ate every last bit, except for what stained my pale green carpet. It's a wonder she didn't get sick! Last summer she found my stash of hershey kisses. She even managed to leave the foil wrappers - how do you figure that? So I gave up. The kids found my hiding place above the stove years ago, plus they are taller now and can see up there. I can only think of one other place, but it doesn't seem fitting to hide chocolate in my undies drawer!

~Lori
She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com

Edited by - lsarah on May 13 2010 6:21:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  7:50:03 PM  Show Profile
Lori, you will be on my prayer list. I know that you will make the right career decisions.
Oh, and if you need to hide the chocolate in your undies drawer, a girls gotta do what she has to do.
I too am ready for school to be out. Love em but enough is enough for one year. We would be out in a week if it hadn't stacked up so much snow this year. Today, the way the students were acting, I thought it was going to storm....wait! it stormed yesterday and the day before that....tomorrow.????? I know that they are hyped that school is about out and just want to get on with summer.
I love your rock stories. I only keep enough rock in my driveway. See I have a terrible fear of snakes and my husband always reminds me that snakes like rocks so any rocks goes into these deep washes on this place, far from the house.
Spent lots of time in the barn tonight with the 3 new babies and Minnie and Jimmie. Minnie shakes her tail when I pet her or talk to her.
Sherri, what kind of sheep are you thinking of buying...a very good daughter.
I sent 5 fleeces to have processed, they have received it and I am almost gitty to get it back but of course sometimes you wait 4-5-6 months to get it back so I better just wait patiently.
I have been ordering some different brands of dyes to try. I have used mostly Cushings in the past. I always love to dye yarns and rovings with bright beautiful colors but then the socks or scarves or mittens are too loud to match up with my clothes. I am going to practice more practical dyeing.
We are water lodged here on the Spinning C. The sheep are even up on the hay or wanting to stay in the barn where it is dry.
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  03:16:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh snakes, I will take my -40 winters any time over that!!! Those are a breeze compared to snakes. We have little things but haven't really had many up here yet.

We are not done with school until June 4 this year! Hate when it goes into June and we had NO snow or ice days off, no late starts even!! Kids are so done here as well as staff

Looking forward to being home with the sheep this summer. My first summer with them

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  04:15:15 AM  Show Profile
You ladies make me laugh! I never thought about rock picking. Could you use that at school for punishment? There is no abuse verbal, mental or physical. Joe and I always say that when bad behaviour happens they have too much energy! Kind of like our horses, if they are misbehaving, they just need a good workout and then they are ready to listen!
I can't believe that you are done school already! When do you start again? Up here the kids go to school until June 29. We hate it. They are ready to be done right now as I am. They are looking for some different things to do rather then be in a classroom. I bet you are all ready too!
Grace, that is hillarious about your bird. We have different birds here then you so I can't help you out.
We have a robin who has been pecking at our windows for over a week now. Joe says let it in. Ya right. It is driving me crazy. The mail man come to the door with a parcel the other day and left it in the garage, I didn't hear him because I thought it was the robin pecking on the window!
Lori, I don't know how you live with snakes. I am scared silly of them. We only have little gardner and milk snakes here and not too many only along the water fronts. Hope they settle down for you.
Sarita, I hope your fleeces come in soon for you. I would be very excited too.
I sent to more lambs to market yesterday and I got 2.50/lb. The market is very strong right now but it hurts my heart.
Anyway ladies, have a wonderful day ladies, I will check in later.
Barb
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  07:31:35 AM  Show Profile
Barb, I know about sending the babies to market. I almost say, no more babies. I cry around here and feel awful for days, weeks. I just can not keep 20-30 little ram lambs. I do keep most of my ewes and sell them to other farms. You got a very good price. We are getting about $1.00-$1.50 a lb.
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  07:42:44 AM  Show Profile
In MN we start day after Labor Day. Legislature won't let us start earlier. Dumb if you ask me but the tourist people win, who cares about education????

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  10:46:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry...read the last 10 posts since I was here last and the only words I now see is "$2.50 a pound" for lambs???? WOWZA. That is amazing. I could make a living off of my lambs if I got those prices.

Grace, don't overwork that brain of yours, make room for daydreams. : )
Thanks Sarita, I am pretty smitten with my Socksy boy. I love all of my rams especially now that I got the ornery one sold a couple of weeks ago and now we're back to a more relaxed atmosphere out there and not so many bloody heads. I have 6 adult rams right now.

I'm off to work, plant a hanging basket for my front door and see if the mower will start.

Monica - love the combs hun. I'm looking forward to using them after I get this lawn mowed. Once I get the grass knocked down I can setup my fleece washing equipment and my dye pot. I'm like you, Sarita, I love the loud bold colors but find they are too much at times. I'm going to overdye some Pepto Bismol pink yarn somehow this weekend. I wouldn't even care if it came out baby doo brown...anything but this pink! I dyed it for a project for my mom, who looked lovely in pink with her white hair and fair complexion but alas, just not me with reddish hair and a ruddy complexion.

Grace, wish I could lose a few pounds. Been on my elliptical for weeks working out and haven't lost anything. I'm building endurance and muscle? We can only hope.

Here's to daydreaming about quitting our day jobs and playing with fiber full-time. Grace is our fine example!

On that note...off to the races.

Happy trails.
Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  1:10:34 PM  Show Profile
Well, another school week is complete! Only 2 more to go (not that I'm counting!) Still daydreaming, too.............

Mom did buy herself a drum carder a couple of days ago, so guess who gets to keep the first one? I knew it would happen. She spoils me! I hope I get to card some this week-end. It is supposed to be stormy, so the whole family will be stuck inside - the boys won't be able to run around outside and burn off energy.

Losing weight - doesn't that require sweating? Or as my Granny says "southern ladies don't sweat, they glisten". Too bad spinning doesn't burn more calories! I would be one of those anorexic looking models in a magazine!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com

Edited by - lsarah on May 14 2010 1:10:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  7:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Lori, I hide the chocolate in one of the bins in my fiber drawers and so far the kids have not found them! What was funny is that I forgot I had stuff in there! My kids know all of the other hiding places so it's useless to hide it anywhere else! Congrats on getting a drum carder!

Sarita, We need to see pics of the new babies!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on May 14 2010 9:17:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Toots
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Barb
Brussels Ontario
Canada
68 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  04:27:37 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning ladies!

Fun day yesterday. My husband got a call with cattle out down the road so he was cattle catching yesterday. There were 5 out and they caught 4. One is in a thick bush that man nor horse can go in only those stubborn cattle, they are just going to wait for a sighting then go get him in.
I love those people who say that horses are hay burners until they actually need them and then learn to appreciate them!
I'm going to look at some more ewe lambs this morning. A friend of mine has 10 suffolk ewes for sale. The market up here is crazy for lamb. I went on the ontario livestock exchange web site and 50-under was 2.69-2.98/lb. If I would have known that I would have sent another couple. It is just crazy.
Anyway, better go. Joe has to do a roping demo about 3 hours away today and I have to go and help sort out some steers.
Have a great day ladies. Have fun playing with you drum carder Lori!
Grace, did you ever find out what kind of bird that is?
Enjoy your chocolate. I don't even keep it in the house, just makes me want to eat it.
Barb
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  12:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies - Thanks to the very smart Monica we now know that my new visitor is a Chukar Partridge. Can't figure out the sex - so I named him IT. It is still around and even the black hens and rooster allow it to follow with them and even go to sleep in the coop with them. I also am glad to report that my old hen is out of the heated bathroom and walking around outside. See us old birds can surprise the world.

Barb sorry to hear about the cattle adventure - I am always catching cattle on my property when they go on an adventure. I do it without the aid of horse, just my shepard's hook. Did you read about my horse adventure on my blog??? I would love to see the roping demo - I suck at it and have tried for more years then I wish to count.

Lori I can not wait to see your new projects with your carder - will they be up on your Etsy site? When I get a chance I will email privately about the Phat Box - I have been thinking of joining but would like to hear your thoughts. I burn tons of weight while spinning because I can not eat and spin at the same time and I just forget to eat or sleep when I spin.

For all those who are trying to make it to the end of the school year I honor you - I think I would be ringing necks and screaming if I had to be in that environment. I started out in college as early childhood education and then I realized between the parents who wanted me to raise their kids, the tons of rules, regulations and red tape and the total lack of respect that kids seem to have now a days I just was not cut out to be there. That is why I went into law - because you had rules.... O.K. now a days that is not even true - that is why I live on the Funny Farm and do not venture into town much.

Have a wonderful day ladies - I have been waiting for the temp to get above 45 today - the sun is out but it is still cold. They are saying 65 Sunday so I am painting the patched holes the woodpecker made on the deck and fixing the rock gardent that the snow messed with and who knows I might put the siding on the tool shed that the wind ripped off. So much for day dreaming - I really want to Jami but the work list never seems to get smaller.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  1:11:06 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I am so glad to hear that your hen is doing better!! That is so funny to hear that IT is sleeping with the chickens!! I have to say that we really are turning into two peas in a pod! We have a friendly neighborhood squirrel that has taken to sneaking in the house and stealing my cotton off the porch! Isaiah left the door open today and he said it had gotten in! Sure enough he was sneaking around the kitchen trying to run off with an apple! I got him back outside, but now I have to find the apple! It's somewhere under the cupboards!!

Jami, The wool arrived today and I can't wait to get some washed! It looks beautiful and after washing some Llama fiber, it even smells wonderful! I definitely prefer the raw wool smell over wet Llama smell! I walked to the post office and had to at least wait till I got the box back to the car to open it! It is a warm day today so maybe i can get it washed today!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  8:37:15 PM  Show Profile
Rain, rain go away. Spit rain all day, in lower 60's or higher 50's. Mud everywhere. I know I will be asking for rain before the summer is over. Here I am complaining and then I hear what you gals are getting and feel lucky and suck it up and feel blessed.
Rae, did you get caught in those bad storms in Minn?
I spent lots of time in the barn today, cleaning out pens and playing with lambs. Minnie is so sweet and Jimmie tickles me. He trys to suck any ewe that stands still one minute, even when he has a tummy that is sticking out from just sucking his bottle and eating his lamb pellets. He is a deal! The new babies and moms went out to the grass pen today.
I planned to wash wool today but daughter #2 is coming home on Tuesday and staying until Sunday, then daughter #3 and her family will come in on the Friday before Memorial Day so I have been cleaning today. They don't care but I had planned to do my top to bottom Spring cleaning when school got out so I am just starting a little earlier than planned. I am so excited to have them come home! Wool washing will have to go to the back burner until the family visits are done.
Monica, I will get more pics of the lambs when it isn't raining, hate to take my camera out and worry about getting it wet.
I have been on the internet looking for raffia and supplies to make the Raffia garden hat in the new MJ magazine. I loved that hat when it was on the cover of Oct/Nov 09 MJ magazine and have been looking for one like it to wear in the garden this summer. Anyone out there made a hat like it?
Grace, It is very cute out with the chickens. People raise chuckers here in a chicken house setting and then take them out and turn them loose to hunt them. Your little one probably out smarted the hunters and knew it was safe in your chicken house.
God bless
Sarita

Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  8:40:37 PM  Show Profile
was just noticing monica mentioning about washing wool.
that is a project I am about to undertake. How do you
do yours? I have wool from my babydoll sheep and llama
got a spinning wheel recently and so am ready to start
making some yarn to weave with. Just wondering how you
do your wool to get it ready to work with.
kangaroo kate

www.aircanopy.net/~kangarookate

"Dance Like Noone is watching"
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  9:04:45 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, Welcome to the group!! I generally wash my wool in my wringer washer with some Dawn. I soak it in hot water for a bit then put it through the wringer and then soak it in hot water to rinse it! I sometimes simmer small batches on the stove in a roasting pan.

I think Sarita has a post about washing fleece on her blog and Grace was just talking about washing wool too on page 117 of this topic!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on May 15 2010 9:07:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  04:57:27 AM  Show Profile
Sarita for once we didn't get nailed. Had some rain off and on all week but cleared out by Friday and absolutely beautiful now!!! In 70's yesterday and suppose to be all week. Slight chance of showers one day but otherwise finally more like it is supposed to be. We were so dry most of the moisture has soaked in now.

Cleaned out sheep house yesterday and some of their yard, moving it to the garden, then till and sit for a week and planting time. Have to get into chicken house as well!!! phew

Rae
(14 days of school left)

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  08:07:59 AM  Show Profile
Sad news - my little old hen passed in the night - she did however enjoy sometime with her sisters and then just slipped into an everlasting sleep. I sure hope that when my time comes it will be the same for me...

Rae, your sure worked yourself hard - I will be doing the same today - I have the sun out so better get cracking. I did this morning dye some silk hankies while eating breakfast. They turned out great if I do say so myself.

A BIG WELCOME Teresa and if after reading the posts you have any questions we are here to help. Last night I was Ebony's fiber (Cashmere) and that is treated a bit differently then wool when washing. If you are ever interested I can post my procedures on that. You are going to love washing wool just have a window open.

Monica I love your squirrel story. I have to say I feel about squirrels and you ladies feel about snakes (I had a pet snake for many years as a child and still love them except for rattle snakes that we get sometimes here) hope you found the apple.

I will read the latest posts and be back when this old gal has had enough of working outside. Have a wonderful Sunday Ladies

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page