oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  12:31:56 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, Thank you! The prayers mean a lot! I think the most frustrating thing is being at the mercy of someone else! There have been so many things that were possibilities here and nothing at all has ever worked out! At one point we were going to remodel the house we are in now, but there was always some excuse with John to not simply get started on stuff! Then with Steve there are things that have never worked out like Gary having some shop space to work on reproduction furniture like he want's to make! Most of it had nothing to do with a lack of finances, just a lack of John or Steve just simply saying yes! Things have been discussed to death! I guess right now we are just feeling like enough is enough and moving on from here! I don't want a big house or a lot of $$, but I would like to be able to move forward instead of just seeming to sit here in a dead end rut for 5 years! I think I could be quite happy in a yurt!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  1:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Rae, you had quads your first time out? That's amazing. Did they all live? You go, girl.

Thanks Sheri and Monica for the welcome back. All is well, really! Monica, thinking of you and the house. Try to stay calm and focused on just putting one foot in front of the other until this gets resolved. It's the only way to stay sane from what I can tell.

Check my blog for what I've been doing in the studio and farm. Got some new pics up of the ewes all fat and sassy and full of fleece. They get sheared in 2 weeks.

Over and out for now.
Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  1:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Jami - my prayers are with you and your family for the passing of your mother. It is never easy to have to move on but I am sure it is what your mother would wish. Time does heal but it is not always easy.

Rae your sweet one's look wonderful and give Basil a hug from me.

Monica I am so sorry to hear that the housing issues are not resolved. To bad Gary does not like snow - I have told you that we can always make space around the Funny Farm. You know with our talks I have said how much I want to live in a Yurt. To lessen the load of work, financial demands and life time of stuff - Last night I even had a dream about it...

Before you ask - Yep NO BABIES - I admit last year we did have a round of babies in April but this is silly. If I felt a bit better I would bring over one of the billies and see what he has to say but I just am not feeling up to battling with a two hundred pound, big horned, hormone raging guy right now. I am not sick enough to be in bed but not well enough to got toe to toe with a mad billy.

So I hope everyone has a great day and I will be back soon. Again great to hear from you Jami.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  1:38:12 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I will say a prayer that you are feeling better quickly! Oh can you imagine the fun we would have!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate the offer! Right now I am just holding onto everything loosely and letting things work themselves out!

Jami, I am trying to just stay focused on packing since we are moving whether it's to the other house or out of Arizona, otherwise I get so overwhelmed I will go insane! I will have to check out your blog!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Feb 10 2010 1:41:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  2:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear you are feeling puny, Grace. I hope you feel better soon. So far no sign of any trouble with the rest of my sheep....whew. Who knows what the actual cause was. Good luck with your packing, Monica. My problem with doing stuff like that is that I manage to get myself so sidetracked on looking at the stuff I am supposed to be sorting and packing.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  2:50:52 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, I have exactly the same problem! I get sidetracked so easy or I start sorting through stuff and end up with the smallest pile of stuff to actually get rid of!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Feb 11 2010 6:24:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  4:53:15 PM  Show Profile
Monica will keep you in my prayers. How frustrating when you are trying to get things going!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  4:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Monica I am the same way - we have a saying here "Shiney Objects" which means any little thing can catch our attention and off we go. Since both my husband and I are ADHD and so is Nick - it can be something. The other flip side is we can get so focused on something that we lose all track of time and the rest of the world. We have learned to be kind when we get into one of those moods. that is why there is always about ten million projects going on around here.

Still no babies so I am going off the farm to get me some food - been about a month and I still have tons but would like some fresh fruit and veggies. You know if I get this all planned someone will have to have a baby!!!

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  6:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
wow no babies yet Grace?
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  7:05:11 PM  Show Profile
Grace, You and I really are 2 peas in a pod! I get distracted so easy, but I am the same with getting focused on something and completely loosing track of time especially with fiber! Well, my loom will be here tomorrow! I am so excited about it! I can't wait to see it in person! It looks like things have mellowed out with Steve! Gary said we could have the better part done within a month so I can really start packing! I already have a ton of stuff to get rid of! I sure hope those babies come soon!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  03:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Monica I am so happy for you, will continue with prayers!!

I understand the side tracked thing and I have been horrible lately. I don't think my brain is fully engaged at all! Part of it is I sure would rather be at home here than at work. Kids have been so wound up and today won't be good as most kids will be having Valentines parties so that really revs them up!!! Other than Sally my sheep at least don't yell!!! Actually she just complains a bit

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  07:45:16 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all. Glad to hear the house thing is sorting itself out, Monica. Will continue to send good energy your way for an easy move. I've been trying to shift back to working on my boxes but I kinda got knocked out of my space after all the drama last weekend. Is anyone going to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics? The canoes that are going to be used in the opening ceremonies were handmade here in Spokane.

Guess I should get back to it. Have a great day everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  08:15:12 AM  Show Profile
Happy Friday girls. Sounds like everything is falling into place, Monica. And a loom? Wow! You go, fiber girl!

Thanks Grace for the welcome back. Things are going well for me but my dad is having a hard time with all of this. 54 years of marriage is a hard routine to break.

Hey, time I tell you I'm going to be a grandma, girls! Woohoo. My son and DIL are expecting in July. There's a big bright spot, huh?

The waiting game always feels like forever in human babies and with our critter babies. I am being very calm this year so far...haven't even gotten the lambing kit cleaned up yet but I did make a bunch more lamb coats for the newborns. We're giving pre-lambing shots this weekend to the ewes and shearing in another 10 days or so. That will feel good to get the heavy wool off of these girls. So far, our weather is a bit warmer than expected so hopefully this will hold true for a while after they are sheared.

Have a great weekend, girls. Until next time....

Jami

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://cookecreeksheep.blogspot.com
http://cookecreekwool.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  08:56:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies! Thank you all so much for the prayers and good thoughts! It looks like everything is back on track! I guess part of the problem was that Steve thought a lot more had been spent on materials than Gary had actually spent! Gary is going to have help to do the roof this weekend and said he should be able to get the roof and front addition mostly done by Monday! It does get frustrating for him Between John and Steve!

My loom will be here is a few hours! I checked the tracking and it is out for delivery! I can't wait for it to get here! I will post pics as soon as I can! What a wonderful fiber adventure this has all been! I also got the best compliment from a customer that bought some batts from me! She said they were the best ones she has ever bought from etsy! Yipee!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  2:09:35 PM  Show Profile
Sheri - I would love to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics - I hardly ever miss one - but.....(insert painted on grin here) I get to chaperone a dance at the junior high where I teach. My daughter is the FBLA president, and they are the club sponsoring the dance, so I really couldn't see a way to not volunteer. (Good news is that hubby is going to, and he currently works at the school and used to be the school resource officer.) I would much rather watch the ceremony from in front of my spinning wheel. Oh well. She is growing up and won't be here for me chaperone in a very few short years, so I need to hang on to as long as I have her! I bet those canoes are awesome!

Hope everyone is snug and warm during this snowy cold snap! We have seen more snow here in Arkansas than I can ever remember in the last 30 years. And what we have here isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to what many of you have probably seen and are dealing with. Anybody out there still make snow ice cream? I was talking about it at work, and how much fun the kids had making and eating it, and several looked at me like I was crazy.

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  9:10:41 PM  Show Profile
Here is a pic of my latest fiber toy!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  06:13:32 AM  Show Profile
Monica how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!

Grace babies yet

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  08:13:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh Monica - did you do the warping???? If so my hat is off to you. Congrat's on the new toy - now you really will be lost on packing.

Rae, I wished I could say everyone popped out a baby - wrong - not a snap, crackle or pop. However, Sherlock is now my boyfriend. He decided while I was in town at the postoffice that I would be his girl. When I arrived home and was unloading the truck he decided to follow me into the house. Grant he grew up in here but now he is a big, very large horned male. Well, after knocking over a few things with his horns I walked him out and shut the door. He saw his reflection in the glass door and thought I was keeping another male in the house. He was mad and hurt so he started charging the glass door ready to hurt the billy inside. I ran to open the door before we had glass everywhere. He rub my leg, licked my hands as if to say "I am the better billy".. It is nice to be the object of effection but my poor door did not think so. I spent several hours walking him around, scratching his head and horn and then he quieted down. Heck some girls would kill to have such an boyfriend - now I do understand he is a goat but he does not seem to get I am not...

Well, I promise if any baby does decide to appear here I will let you know that instant but for now it is back to fiber work and the strange romance at the Funny Farm.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  09:21:25 AM  Show Profile
No, It was already set up! I want to play with it, but I really do need to get busy packing! Gary said we could be ready to move in, in about 3-4 weeks! I will be so happy to move from here! I guess the people that are moving in here are going to be in town tomorrow and they are going to be staying in a mobile home that Steve owns until we get moved out! It makes me a bit mad because there never was such a desperate thing of them needing a place or being homeless! Oh well, I can't wait for it to be over with this house! It has been a blessing in some ways, but I think in the end it has been much more of a frustration!

Sound like you had quite a day with Sherlock!!!

Rae, i am so excited to have it!! I hope I have some time to play with it!!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Feb 13 2010 09:51:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  5:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is a beautiful Monica!! Thank you for sharing!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  8:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Well, I told you I would let you know the moment any babies arrived - at 4.30 pm Ebony went into labor while I was doing my afternoon feeding chores. I fed everyone, went in the house to put on warmer clothes (because yes we are to get a storm) came back outside and sat with her. The labor was going great and she delivered a sweet boy with striking red hair at 6 pm. She went right to work cleaning and caring for him but I knew we had another on coming. At 6:18 the second kid arrived this time a girl with silver hair and a black streak down her back. All was going well but I notice the boy was having troubles - I checked him over and heard his heart beating way faster then it should. With minutes is was limp so I started mouth to mouth but within 5 minutes he passed. I turned my attention to the girl who was up and alert. Ebony was tending to her like she always does - she is the best Mommy but I was concerned since the little guy passed. Everything was going great and then she lost her legs - unable to stand I knew we had trouble - so I wrapped her in a towel and worked on her for about a half hour with hair dryers, warmed milk, message of body - the work but she to passed. Now I place both the kids with Ebony and we both sat and cried - me until there was no more tears left in my body. One by one each of the goat girls came up and rubbed on back while we all felt the loss. I then wrapped them up, cleaned up the pen so as to not attract preditors and came back into the house. I thought I was out of tears but I was wrong.

I hate to tell you this but I did say I would let you know when our kidding season started. So it is back to two hour watches and tons of prayers for the health of the little one's still waiting to arrive. I will also be giving both Ebony and I rescue remedy thru the night to calm the nevers and easy the pain. Two tiny animal spirits have joined the night stars - they are loved.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  9:17:50 PM  Show Profile
OH Grace, I am so sorry to hear about Ebony's babies! You and her will both be in my prayers tonight! I am there in spirit with you!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  9:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
My prayers are with you both Grace!!
Hugs,
channah

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  11:37:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh Grace - I am so sorry for your loss. You and your dear Ebony are in my prayers. I know first hand how devistating it can be. I pray the rest will be delivered safely. My heart is on the ground for you.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2010 :  05:28:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh Grace my heart does break for you. I still am bothered by the loss of my 3 girls. Maybe they are hanging out with your kids now

You and your "gang" are in my prayers and thoughts. Sending a great big hug your way, wrapping you up!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page