oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  12:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Rae, You need to start a blog so that we can all see pics!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  6:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Monica
I know I need to but have to get more pictures and into computer and then .... hopefully in a month or so things will settle down here and then I can show you all. Quite the work in progress here!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  07:44:45 AM  Show Profile
Fencing is never an easy project and one that never seems to be done. Tuesday I walked the whole farm fixing fence wires, hammering in staples and maybe after the first couple of snows I will get out there with the tamping rod and get some on the post fixed. It is a never ending job put what else would I do - paint my fingernails, take a nap????

We are being hit with some huge winds this morning so I will have to wait till they die down to step outside - the dirt is too much for my lungs. Heck maybe I will get my project table cleared, or price out some products to go to my booth in town, or maybe some cooking, or how about getting to the carding machine??? So many tasks the brain is reeling. Is it just me or do you sometimes get overwhelmed and do not know where to start?? I find myself bouncing from one thing to another and feeling like the saying goes "A cat's tail in a room full of rockers" What do you ladies do to focus when life seems to have too many to do lists and no enough hands

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  08:57:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. I know what you mean about wandering from one "to do" to another - it must be something in the (very chilly) air. I find the best thing to do is just pick something - it doesn't matter what just anything to get myself focused. Some days even that doesn't work as I seem to get distracted by stuff as I go....
I always have a huge "to do" list and I have come to the conclusion that I will rarely make it to the bottom of that list in a day - I think what I put on the list is more wishful thinking as I always think things will take less time than they do.

It got cold last night about 27 - I'm not mentally ready for the cold yet. Guess that ends the last of the garden. I still have a couple of boxes of tomatoes sitting here to be canned. I did get all of my fleeces picked and washed before the weather switched. My next question - how do you store the fleeces to keep the critters out? Do you store in plastic bins or bags or ???? Right now it is all stacked here in my front room in bags and boxes but I need a better storage option.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  11:40:35 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I am always like that, not knowing where to start! I try really hard to stick to one task and get it finished! I get distracted so easily and I am terrible with making to do lists! I think I have about 3 organizers and half the time I lose them! I just keep moving because there is always something to do!

I am finally ordering Country Classic dyes. I figured I could justify it since I need some for the yarn order! Still don't know for sure if we are moving! Gary's boss still has not given him an amount on rent! Oh how I wish we had the $$ to just tell everyone here "see you later" and move!

Sheri, I would be happy to help you store it!!haha! It has cooled down here too! It was only 60 this morning! It was up in the 100's this weekend!

Well I got a new wheel! Grace, Do you see what you have started? It an early 1800's Romanian wheel and it's really little and wonderful! It different to use, but it's really neat. I am going to take it with me when I go to an arts and crafts show in November! I think it will be an attention getter!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2009 :  11:49:32 AM  Show Profile
What leftovers from garden can sheep eat??
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  3:30:21 PM  Show Profile
Well over the years I have fed pumpkins, squash, kale, kelp, spinach, small amounts of cabbage, carrots, queks, turnips, beets but remember I would fist test them in small quanities because too much gas from things like cabbage can bloat a sheep. Also too much of any new feed can cause some real issues.

Aren't you glad I started you down this path Monica - great adventures and new collections that you just must have - remember some of us have the spinning bug big time so we really love to have others in the same boat.... Enjoy that new gem..

Still have not found the missing hen - it has been four days now after the huge wind storm - I was hoping she had just put herself somewhere out of the storm but now I fear the worst. So I gain a rooster and lose a hen - not a great week for this farm. Hope everyone had a great week and the weather has been helping in getting the outside work done. The wind storms have been horrible, damage and broken windows along with snapped limbs and a new crack to my truck windshield - got to love Mother Nature - she must be having PMS!

Tie everything down where in for another windy night

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  3:56:06 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean about wind - it's been howling here since late yesterday afternoon. They have closed I-90 twice now between Moses Lake and Ritzville for blowing dust and several semi's and RV's blown over. It makes my dog and my sheep "twitchy" and jumpy - me too. I am canning the last of my tomatoes today. I am glad to be done with them for this year. I think this makes about 75 jars on the shelf. Pretty good harvest.

I have been back to spinning again in the evenings - feels good after pretty much taking the summer off for the wedding. Grace, how do you store your clean wool to keep the critters out? Do you use plastic bins or ???

Well my timer is buzzing - gotta get the canner off the burner. Have a great day and batten down the hatches....

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  4:54:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello all!! Well this could be the week. Hubby took the week off to get sheep stuff done

Grace are you in the area that is suppose to get snow soon. I saw something on the national news weather.

Yesterday did last batch of tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and I tell you I am glad to be done with those. This week freeze apples. Then will hit the carrots, turnips and rutabagas. Not too much of the last 2 left so won't take long on that. Garden ended up doing ok this year so that was a very good surprise. Starting to get ready to hit winter projects as well pretty soon here. Good time for knitting, crocheting and my all time favorite reading. Broke down and put a fire going in our stove, but got to wait until October at least

Well hope all are well. Take care every one of you!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  10:29:46 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all. Everyone must be very busy as the postings have been few of late. Hope all is well with you Grace and you didn't get any damage from the wind. Did you get more snow? Any sign of the hen? It has turned cold here - it was 25 this morning in the yard. Brrrr...after being 90 just a week or so ago. Hard to adjust that quickly but also normal for this area. Had to turn the heat on and fire up the pellet stove. I have to admit was very glad the wind finally quit it was 45-50 mph gusts for two days. Lots of pine cones and needles all over the place but no trees down this time thank God.

Hope you get your sheep this week, Rae. Are you moving yet, Monica? Hope all is well with everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2009 :  1:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi all - sorry for being so quite just trying to get things done.
Sheri you asked about storing fiber - this is going to be a long one so sit back, grab a cup of something hot.

If the fiber is shorn and skirted but not washed. I place the fleece in those huge brown paper sacks with the plastic lining in them. You can find them as leaf bags at Walmart or if you can not find them you can get the smaller one's that are for trash compactors. On the outside of the bag it has a card that I have designed with all the information I need, use, grade fiber with and will follow this fiber to it's completion. I also use this card to keep in my record files to track animals, purchases, farms and such. When the fiber is not in the production room the bags are stored in the basement, hanging from the beams so that there is never any rodent, bug or human interacting with the fiber. If the fiber has come from another farm then after it is skirted (outside) it is then taken to my spare freezer and kept there for two weeks just in case there would be any bugs or such in the fiber which might contaiminate the shop, farm or animials. Since animals and fiber and checked from head to toe by me before I even sheer or purchase a fleece I know this might seem a waste of time but trust me you never wish to bring something into your shop. I also wash all my fleeces with a special soap that I have created that will not only give you great fiber but again will kill anything that might be lurking.

If the fiber is shorn, skirted and washed then I move them into a special bag which is cloth - you can use pillow cases or sew your own.
On the outside of this case I have that same card but now it also has the dates when it was washed, my thoughts for production and time it took.

Next, once the fiber is moved to my production room then I use that card to staple onto work order form which will keep track of production times, fiber blending, material costs etc.

Once the fiber is blended they are then placed into bags with my business fiber labeles, prices tags and such on it and then moved either to my farm shop, etsy shop or off the farm retail stores. Mind you once a week at my farm shop I rotate the bags and that includes the ones hanging for process. I also check at that time the fiber to make sure there is nothing going on that I do not know about.

I told you this would be long but it is my business and also my home so every aspect of how I do this has been well thought out. Also, I am always keeping an eye out to make sure I am not over looking someting but over the years I have fine tuned this process and for what I do and the farm I run this is a well oiled machine.

Hope that helps - love to know what others do??
As the for weather - well, snow expected Thursday - we had some this morning. Had 1/2 inch ice in the water outside, I have not turned on my heat but rather just got to cooking and baking for the freezer - not to mention got out the Icelandic Sweaters. I happen to LOVE cold weather. No sign of the hen - cried my tears for a couple of days when I went outside but I know that is not the first time or the last. Thinking of hatching some chicks so I can get what I want. The bear attacked a neighbor's mule two farms over from me - so I still am not getting too much sleep. Designed a apron pattern last night, if it turns out like it should I show everyone a picture. Still trying to get all those things that the last storm broke fixed before the snow flying so I better get my buns back outside.

Stay warm all and can not wait to hear what all is new with the rest of you gals.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  09:18:43 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Thank you for the storage advice, Grace. It sounds like you have it down to a science. This is my first go-round with washing my own fleeces and now that they are clean I have a huge pile of bags and boxes and need to figure out how to effectively store them. I have collected pillow cases for this purpose so I guess I was on the money with that idea. Now I just have to figure out how to suspend them so the beasties (mice esp.) will stay out of it. In the meantime, I have carded and spun some and am enjoying it after not doing any for a long time due to the wedding. Sorry to hear there is no sign of the hen but it does happen. I have had a skunk lurking around my chicken house stealing eggs. I still haven't figured out just what to do about that. We have been in the mid 20's at night - I tried to shut off my sprinkler system only to find that the shut off valve leaks like crazy in the "off" position so had to leave it on until I can replace the valve. Got a new one yesterday but have to drain the whole water system to put it in. It's always something. Hopefully nothing breaks before it can get done. It's supposed to really take a dip by Friday/Saturday night.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  10:26:43 AM  Show Profile
THings are moving along on the sheep front We have a nice day and son is going over to help my hubby this afternoon so anxious to get home and see what was done.

We are supposed to be getting pretty chilly this weekend as well. Need to get some more chickens in the coop!!

What about storing fleece in like a pillow case type and then in those plastic storage bins?? I will be asking hundreds of questions soon so you all better rest before the pest starts in

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2009 :  9:18:22 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I definitely have the spinning bug big time!! Sorry to hear about your hen and all the wind damage! I will be praying she shows up! I wish I was half as organized as you are! I don't seem to get ahead of anything! I do actually have 3 storage tubs of fabric and stuff that I am getting rid of so I am making some progress! My new wheel is so neat to use! I am still trying to get the timing down on it! I may have found a drum carder! A lady has one for $125.00 and I am waiting to hear back from her to see if she still has it! I e-mailed her yesterday and I am about to e-mail her again!

Sheri, Glad to hear you are back to spinning! Unfortunately we still don't know for sure how much on rent! Hopefully Gary's boss will be in town this week and we will get everything settled!

Rae, Good to hear that things are moving along! Hope the weather stays good for you!

Good night all!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  07:22:52 AM  Show Profile
Snow on the ground and it went down to 27 last night. Todayit is to be 58 and then 38 for the high tomorrow. What a ride. I had hoped to go to town today but to many fiber business things today on the schedule. I am moving 1/2 of my farm shop to my town shop and the paperwork is a killer... I also have some displays to paint and holiday trimmings to put together to make the shop just so.

I cut out some aprons of my own design to sew this weekend - I am excited to see them finished. I also stamped some great holiday cards with a old fashion walking spinning wheel on the front with a basket of yarn sitting next to it. I am sure for those of us hooked on spinning they will be a "Must Have" for the holidays. I even finished painting the "Sheep" Christmas Blubs that I have not made for a couple of years but missed seeing them in my shops.

Rae I am getting so excited for you and your new farm members - it is almost like I am getting them - silly me. I hope you will share photo's...

Monica you know that I may be organized but it is a must when hundreds of fleeces travel thru this farm and at one time I did shearing at other farms every weekend which meant 60 to 100 animals each week. Trust me I have my moments when my production and storage room looks like a bomb went off but then I force myself to get a grip and organize. I have seventeen fleeces which I dyed that are waiting to be packaged but not till I get the town shop fixed up. So meanwhile I step over things or push the bags to the side and get to work.

Well, I better put that into practice and get back to painting displays - was up at 4 am because we have a pack of nasties howling at the moon and getting the dogs in a panic. Kasha (My oldest Great Pry) has been sick the last couple of days so she is in the house resting which means the other dogs get in a state - they count on her to do the lion's share of the guarding. So, I took over for her and patroled some of the farm last night and early this morning. Better make my coffee strong today..

Here is my new question - What fiber related Holiday items are you making this year???

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  07:50:49 AM  Show Profile
I have enjoyed reading about what you all are up to. Busy busy, everywhere. WE are getting that cold weather as well. 28 this morning. I am done with all the garden stuff now. Glad for that. I found the storeing fiber method great Grace. I acuatlly did that right. I cut a twin size sheet in two, and made 2 storeage bags, one for black and the other white.(2 sheep here). I do have all my wool carded, and ready to spin, but have not started yet. Been finishing up other projects. And then there is the animal work. Weaning calves, vaccinating, selling, butchering comeing up. Also been milking for a week now, and made my first batch of cheese to send to my son in college. The list does seem endless. Counting the days till the extra work is done. For myself I find it helpful to make a list. Otherwise I do drift here and there. I like crossing things off the list, making it seem like I am accomplishing something.
Have not started my list for Christmas yet. Maybe some scarves, would like to felt some slippers, I have a cute sheep pattern, somewhere ;), that I would like to make.
Good luck to all on getting the work that needs to be done, before winter settles in.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  12:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I am hopefully going to make my mom and her friend scarves out of handspun yarn!! I want to make some stuff for the kids, but I will probably run out of time! Well it's official! WE ARE MOVING!!!!! Now you can start planning and packing for me!!! Oh my gosh I can't believe it's actually going to happen! Gary finally got things squared away with his boss on rent! We will be moving in about a month or so because his is going to do some remodeling first! I will be praying for Kasha! I still haven't heard back from the girl about the drum carder!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  5:13:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Michele sounds like you have been a busy gal - my son sure wishes I made chesse again but I just can't do everything. Tell your son he is one lucky guy and should do something really nice for you...

I am doing the happy dance for you Monica - I now can breathe and start the mental planning in my head for you... You are real lucky to have a handy hubby - make sure you make something good for dinner. I made Thai food tonight and just might treat myself to some mint icecream I made the other day. Temp is going down to the low 20's tonight with ice they say so I think that is the perfect time for icecream.. Thanks for the prayers for Kasha, she really has me worried. No like her to sleep for two days straight and today she did not want food. Maybe she is like me over worked and in need of some well earned sleep. Still doing the happy dance for you...

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  7:19:23 PM  Show Profile
The roof is on the sheep house! It is moving along nicely now. Of course tomorrow is suppose to be windy and chance of ....snow
Sure not ready for that yet.

Still trying to finish up the harvest besides! Next week is a 3 day work week for me so that will help out a lot!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2009 :  9:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Yipee Rae!! I will pray that the snow holds off!

Grace, I am so excited! There are even going to be 2 bathrooms! Still praying for Kasha!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  3:04:13 PM  Show Profile
Roof on the sheep mansion - Sounds like your almost done...

There is snow on the ground but mostly ICE. Everywhere ICE.. If I loved to ice skate it would be perfect but I hate when you walking out to the barn and it is a battle to stay on your feet, ice on the grass, ice on the frozen dirt and ice overed metal gates.. Tons of fun to travel with a lighter to get the gates open.. It does look like someone flocked all the trees, fences, tall grass blades - a Winter Wonderland...

Two bathrooms Monica - WOW!!! I remember sharing a bathroom growing up with five people. Before I moved here we had five bathrooms in that home. All it meant was I was cleaning way too many toilets.. I am so thrilled for you - keep us in the loop.

Here is a question how many of you ladies use heat lamps, in the coop and or in their barns? I was reading on another fourm that a lady had a defected one and it caught her coop on fire. Now she is warning everyone of the dangers of heat lamps - I have used them forever and I think with the correct installation and checking they are my best friend on those below zero nights. What do you think??

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  5:48:07 PM  Show Profile
Grace good question as we were planning on putting a light in the coop for extra "light" as well as the warmth.

Roof is on, the back and a side so moving along. Would have probably been done but people kept coming over!!!! Why is it when you don't have the time and need stuff done....and when you have time no one comes??? Guess we will have to put sign up at end of road, no one home! Today was cold and windy. Got about an inch of snow but suppose to get to 40 tomorrow so....will keep you all updated.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2009 :  8:54:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello all. I have always kept a heat lamp in the coop. I have one with a hood that I can raise and lower on a pulley from the ceiling. If they don't have it they quit laying in the winter. Hope Kasha is doing better.

Rae, it sounds like you are heading down the home stretch. I find the best way to get a house full of company is to be really busy or have a really messy house!! No one ever comes when I have nothing going on or the house is clean....Keep us posted on your progress.

Congrats Monica - 2 bathrooms will be great.

It's turned cold here too - it was 17 this morning. Had to put the stock tank heater in as there was 1/2 inch of ice. No snow - but these temps are really unusual this early here. This is more like Dec. or Jan temps for us. So far I am knitting a pair of socks for my Granddaughter and a hat for the new one due the end of Dec. other than that I haven't really started in earnest yet.

Have a great rest of the weekend. Be careful on all that ice, Grace.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  04:47:47 AM  Show Profile
I don't use heat lamps for the grown chickens. I do have plenty of straw in the coop, and do use a heater under the waterer to keep that thawed. My chicken coop is all windows on the south side, so it does warm up nicely during the day. Gets cold at night though, but the chickens seem to do just fine. I think just being able to have the animals in out of any wind or rain is a big thing. The sheep are in the barn at night, along with my Jersey. The beef cows are outside though. They do have woods all around the pasture, so that does help with the wind block.
Hope all that ice melts soon Grace. We had snow yesterday morning. It did not stick around too long, as the sun tried to come out a bit.
Take Care all
mIchele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2009 :  09:20:15 AM  Show Profile
Well, the wind is still howling and I have more ice!!! My sweet 21 year old Angora Mommy slipped and fell on the ice and so I quickly picked her up, ran her to the barn, made a pen and put up a heat lamp. I check her tail to nose - she seems to have nothing broken!! I sat with her for many hours making sure she was O.K. I placed her baby Monica in the pen so she would not worry. I made her oatmeal with brown sugar - yes, I do pamper her - If she were a dog she would be 147 years old.... I will watch her closely till this weather passes.

With the wind going it is a great time to walk the house and feel for leaks - then out comes the caulking gun.

Thanks for the responses on the heat lamps - Funny, not so funny story about heated buckets. The first year I purchased them because my friend told me it was a must. All was well until we had a bitter week of snow, ice and below 20 degrees. I and my sons went in to the barn often to fill the buckets but sometime during the night one of the ewes decided to use the bucket as a heating blanket. When I went into the barn at 2 am to check and fill she stook up and all along her side was blue plastic!!! At first I could not figure what she had gotten into and then I noticed that it was the plastic from the bucket. I pull the plug on that right then and there. I call the manufacture and they said NO WAY - that could have cost me my flock and barn if it was that I was not a worry wart. But I must say in 17 years of using a heat lamp I have never had a issue but I am extremely carefull. I just know that this morning when I went in at 5 am my eggs were so cold that they felt like they where in a freezer - so caulking gun to the chicken coop - even with a heat lamp it was too cold in that coop. I have two small windows in the coop facing south, wished they were bigger you are lucky Michele and so are your hens.

Thanks for the kind thoughts for Kasha - she is outside for a bit of chilly air - Pry's love the cold but she wont be out long because she is still struggling. It is hard when she sits by the big shop windows and looks so sad that she is not outside but it is called tough love - she needs to gather her strength. She had scrambled eggs this morning and that sure put a smile on her face...

Stay warm everyone and Sheri it sounds like you are getting a jump on those winter goodies. Last night I was hand stitching some woolen sheep ornaments that are a big seller in my shops. I love the pace of hand stitching. What other projects are you gals working on

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page