windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  04:18:24 AM  Show Profile
Grace, glad to hear your getting your repairs going. Brenda your sure keeping busy with all the company! Daniella enjoy the babies. Sherri hope you get caught up with your work. Ya caught up, by the time we all get caught up, we need to start all over! The work is never ending.
Got all my hay down now. Cloudy this morning, but supposed to get sunny again. Will finish up haying Friday or Saturday. Got the heavy fields down now, so they take a little longer to dry. Next I hope to get cleaning on my wool. That is still sitting in bags.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  07:44:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone...we have been going day andnight for so long and don't know when we will find relief. Sorry that I have not been on for awhile. I am limited on time this morning. We are up almost all night due to some wild citter getting some of my lambs...I have cried, bawled and screamed, stood in the dark of the night and shot off a round of ammo due to the anxiety and anger...a melt down! We are shutting all sheep in the barn at night and that works but with the heat, I worry. We also had a storm hit us and got our roof and uprooted a tree. Hail hit the garden so it looks bad and to boot, the tree blew into my garden. A good friend of my sent me an email and told me to read Psalm 91 every nite, Danny sat up last night I slept hard for the first time in over a week. We had planned on going back up to Michigan but had to cancel that trip.
Danny is haying on his brother's now and it will be awhile before he makes it back here.
Brenda, sounds like fun at your house, all the company and seeing your son and family, how wonderful.
Sheri, you will have company, sounds like your green thumb is getting sore. I will pray for a bountiful harvest for you.
Danielle, I will have to check out Rocky's pics...goats are such pretty babies.
Grace, I am so glad that you are getting your place back in order. We are having heat in the 90's and with the high humidity...don't want to think about your 100 degree temps.
Monica, I will read your article. Hope you will find a house that you can call home soon.
Michelle, our hay is very heavy too. My BIL's neighbor baled too soon and stacked his hay and it is burning...
Some trapping experts are coming in this weekend to try and help us figure out what animal is stealing my lambs...and these are not little lambs...the youngest is 30-40 now. Maybe we are getting closer to getting this thing...I still say...I want my tax dollars to go toward building some fences to put these wild predators behind and let them run in the millions of acres of park lands in the US instead of invading my farm and costing me thousands of dollars in damage every year. I love animals but our ancesters had a reason for almost killing off some animal breeds...survival.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

The Muppet, Miss Piggy advised: "Never eat anything at one sitting that you can't lift."

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." EE Cummings

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  12:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sarita! We have missed you here. I sent you an email last week and wondered if you got it. It was about an herbs class and a minerals class happening here at my farm on July 10th. It is geared toward sheep and goats as well as their shepherds and taught by Alethea Kenney of n. Minnesota. Alethea is a naturopath herbal health practitioner.
I tried commenting on our blog, and have tried commenting on a couple of others as well, (Lori, maybe Grace, don't remember who else) and for some reason, it kicks me off of my google account and won't let me post. It has been very frustrating.
So sorry about all your troubles...I sure hope you can get it all figured out. I agree with you about the animals. So far, we have not had any attacks...but I always worry about it.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  12:47:27 PM  Show Profile
Brenda - it has been doing me the same way. It is frustrating, I agree.

I have been busy washing wool and combing from this year's shearing. I have some of the Gotland washed, too, I am thinking it may not all be a waste, but to save it, I will have to cut off both ends, which will still leave about 6" of good staple. Here it is just washed:

We have had a terrible tragedy occur in our tiny neighborhood this week. I can't elaborate, but my beautiful 16 year old and I will never again be outside without protection of some kind. Ladies, please, pleas, please be on guard in your own lives, too. I would have never, never considered being outside at home to be unsafe until now.

lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
www.diamondbsheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  2:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I got your email and thought we would be in Michigan but our plans have changed. I wish I could tell you if I could come but with the haying and everything, I am not sure.It does sound very interesting. Have you ever taken any of her classes before? I will see if I can come.

Oh Lori, how terrible...stay safe. You are a prisoner in your own home. I will pray for your safety. I pack a 22 pistol on me when I go out anywhere on this farm. I might not be the best shot but I know I have at least a few chances to scare off a big cat or badger. I know what my great grandmother felt like. She often talked about being in Oklahoma and the wolves were so hungry that the people were afraid to go to the barn and all their animals had to be locked up in the barn. She said that grandpa shot one wolf and the others jumped on the dead carass to eat it just a few feet from the house during a wind and snow storm.

Lori, that wool looks beautiful. Is the wool pretty fine, medium or course? I think I will wash a couple of more fleeces tomorrow. It is really hot today but really the best weather to work a fleece. Danny is up by Unionville in the booneys, I thought we were isolated, he says it is on an old road that grass grows up the center and really rutty too boot. He has advised me to get naps and take it easy for a few days, but I still make several trips to the barn and check on the sheep. I will have to feed them hay before long, I don't dare turn them out into the big pasture.

Angie has been upset too and offered to come and help me but I don't want her driving by herself with Evan for 9 hours and in this heat. I would love to see him but I want to be able to relax and enjoy him when he comes for a visit.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

The Muppet, Miss Piggy advised: "Never eat anything at one sitting that you can't lift."

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." EE Cummings

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  3:22:53 PM  Show Profile
Lori, I don't know what happened, but it sounds like it was very frightening. I hope and pray you stay safe.

Sarita, I will send you an email with all the info and the lady's bio. She did these same classes in Montana at a big sheep and fiber festival just last month and all the reviews i heard were great. People were saying things like "so interesting and informative" and "eye-opening". She has been giving me and a couple of other people in our sheep group lots of personal advice about our farms and the health of our animals as well as ourselves and I can say she really knows her stuff. I have to run to a friend's house right now to pick up some hay, but I will send you that email this evening or in the morning first thing.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  07:08:50 AM  Show Profile
What do y'all do with your rams when they are not breeding? And how long do you keep rams and ewes together? My ram lamb is 7 weeks old now. The ewes are going on 7 months. Do you think he will be ready to breed them by November at least? I kind of hope they were bred before I got them. But if not Oct. or Nov. would be ok. I was just wondering what to do with him when he is done doing his job later. I have a goat wether I could put with him.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  09:06:55 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies and Happy 4th!!!

I finally got a chance to read a bit - too hot to be outside so computer work in my present...

Sheri I hope your garden is growing and providing you with a great bounty - I did not even think of planting things not even on the pots on the deck. I will have to live thru your stories and pictures.

Brenda Your class sounds interesting - I hosted and lectured for many years about herbal management and it is a subject dear to my heart. I hope you learn tons - it is well worth the effort.

Lori your fleece looks wonderful - who was that??? I have had to cut staple lengths over the years it goes against my nature but sometimes that is the best way to deal with it. I was so worried to read about the tragedy in your neighborhood. I hope things are going better and that your saftey is not threatened. Two years ago ever swat team and police officer in three counties decended on our quite little road. Helicopters, police dogs, and more guns then I could count. Next door in one of the neighbor's old out building on the out skirts of their property they found a METH lab.. Can you believe that??? The neighbors are old and have thousands of acres to watch so this was not only really scary but also brought to light that others had been moving around the forests without being known. My Pry had over weeks been barking toward the forest but I thought it was just 4 legged nasties, after that I moved a Pry closer to the forest and Yes, I now realize that even where we live the bad of the world can creep in. Before I only look for 4 legged problems now there are two legged ones. Be Safe and I keep you always in my prayers.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  09:15:12 AM  Show Profile
Sarita - It took me a bit of time to read your post and not be feeling like we are walking the same path right now. I am so very sorry for the storm - I know first hand how this just set a farm back in the work load and in the daily business of running it. As for the Pediator who is snatching your sweet one's I hope you have found out what it is and have done away with it. I know living close to nature comes sometimes at such a high price and how this can wear on you. Trust me I am with you in prayers but bullets... Be safe and hope you get your nasty handled soon.

Monica, I know that the heat has been just horrible your way - we will be 98 again today - I just can not be out in it and I do not have air conditioner so it is work on the concrete floor in the shop. Sunday I put ice in the hen house water because they where really struggling. Just keeping the water containers full for all the animals was almost a full time job and I have given up on the weeds in the driveway and in front of the shop - I am just going to call them eco landscaping....

Well, I typed more then you all wish to read so back to the concrete floor... Enjoy, Be Safe and Hope NO Fires break out with those fireworks tonight.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  11:34:37 AM  Show Profile
Happy 4th everyone. Yes my garden is finally picking up but our weather has been like a roller coaster so everything is so late. I am just now picking strawberries. I have a big patch so I picked about 18 pounds this morning. Now they are waiting for me on the counter to be sorted and prepared for freezing. Nothing smells as good as a sun warmed strawberry or tastes quite as sweet either - (unless it's a raspberry or blackberry....). Truthfully I am surprised that I am getting as good a crop as I am since we have had so much rain and cool temps and WIND. I don't think we have had a totally still day yet this spring/summer. The lettuce is finally taking off so should be eating off of it by next week. Crazy stuff.

Sarita I too hope you have found your preditor. How sad, stressful and scary for you. Brenda your class sounds very interesting. I hope you get a good turn out.

Stay cool and have fun. For me it's just a day of fire watch as all around me folks are setting off illegal fireworks. It doesn't help to call it in either even with it being a $1,000 fine - they never come out and check.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  2:55:40 PM  Show Profile
OH Brenda - you will not believe what I found in a draw in the shop.. A brooch in Sterling Silver of a Icelandic Sheep. I had the pleasure of working with the group back in 2001 to create something special for the ISBONA group for the Reinbeck show. You can ses it in my Etsy Shop or on my blog...

Love tempting folks...

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  4:43:23 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, I am so sorry to hear about the lambs and the storms! I pray that things calm down for you and that you get some rest!
Lori, the fiber is beautiful! Stay safe!
Grace, I am glad to hear that you are finding some good companies to get things fixed! How is Sugar doing? I am praying that your temps come down!
Brenda, I bet you are having a wonderful time with you son and family!
Sheri, I hope you have a very nice and quiet 4th!
It has been busy as usual around here! I took Isaiah to the doctors last week because he had a rash and they said it might be strep, but I have not gotten the test results back yet and then Gary woke up one morning and could not hear out of his left ear and the doctor said it was some kind of viral attack and there is nothing that can be done! His hearing may or may not come back. I have been bust trying to get some yarn spun during the tour de fleece on Ravelry and I am also trying to figure out if I am going to home school the kids this year or send the to public school. Things have been quiet for the moment concerning the house, but who knows how long that will last!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
www.justducky48.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  5:01:24 PM  Show Profile
Grace ~ the fleece was from one of the Gotlands we took in. Those particular locks are from the older ram. It is impossibly dirty - so bad I have to put it through 2 or 3 cycles of washing and rinsing, even with an overnight cold soak to start. The bottom half is pretty much dred locks, so it is a waste, but that is okay. I expected the whole fleece to be a waste, so anything that is salvaged is a joy!

We are still not safe. It has been on the internet so much that I feel comfortable now giving a few more details. Something that would be considered "bad" in our town would be the seniors setting off blackjack firecrackers at graduation or mail boxes getting bashed. That stuff is front page news. We live several miles outside of town on a private road. There is MIL and us, and 2 more families that live on our road, it dead ends at our house. Watch this video link

http://www.4029tv.com/video/28377455/detail.html

That is our neighbor. We are broken hearted for them.

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  04:33:44 AM  Show Profile
Stay safe Lori. That is a terrible thing to happen. I hope they catch the person soon. Your fleece looks really nice. Hope everyone gets better soon, Monica. Sheri enjoy your strawberries. Mine have just finished. Now I am picking cherries. Brenda good luck with your class. Kris I can't help with your question. I hope someone can. Grace, you yarn is beautiful, and the pin too! Hope you cool down. Sarita, I hope you find the predator, and get him.
First crop hay is done now. No rain. Glad for that. Been trying to catch up with the gardens now. There is always plenty to get done. There is a threat of rain today, so no wool washing. Maybe Thursday.
take care all
Michele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  6:40:42 PM  Show Profile
Monica - I just read about Gary - Is he O.K.???? I will keep him in my prayers. Did Isaiah have strep??? I hope all is well and that everyone is on the mend. I have been worried about you but I know summer is hot and busy at your house.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  8:27:33 PM  Show Profile
Lori, The fiber looks so gorgeous!! I have never had any Gotland, but would LOVE to get some someday! That is so terribly scary with what happened to your neighbor! I hope she is okay!
Grace, Gary is okay, but he still can't hear out of his ear! His balance is getting better though! In the end Isaiah did not have strep. I did end up taking him to the ER Saturday night because he had more of a rash his lymph node on his groin was swollen a bit and his nose and bottom lip were swollen! First off the ER doctor was a complete idiot! He basically told me that it was not an emergency situation and that he did not "appreciate" Isaiah's lymph node being swollen! I think he was trying to look all smart at 1 in the morning! He said that the rash could eczema which I don't buy at all and the the swelling in his face could be a food allergy! The rash was gone the next day and I still have no clue what it's from!
I have just been busy trying to keep up with everything around here lately! I feel most of the time like some one put my life on fast forward!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  11:12:29 AM  Show Profile
Monica I know that feeling I have been up since 5 am it is now noon and I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.. I am so sorry to hear that Gary is still not hearing in that ear - do you know what is going on??

I am also so very sorry to read that Isaiah is still struggling?? I wished I could have some insight but the symptoms are not something that my sons had so I can not say what might be going on. Could it have been some type of bite? I trust his breathing was not effected?? I remember those days of worry about my boys and even now with them being grown I still worry and now with Reese the grandson - every cough, rash, lump and such Nick calls and wants me to fix it or at least know what it is. I send healing prayers to your family.

Huges

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  9:37:36 PM  Show Profile
Grace, Thank you so very much for the prayers! I think we both need to go and get those yurts!! :) Apparently with Gary's ear, it was some kind of viral attack and there is really nothing that can be done! The doctor said that if he had come in right away that there are some experimental steroid drugs that might have helped, but they may not have. At this point he may or may not get all or any of his hearing back in his left ear! I have no clue what is going on with Isaiah! The rash comes and goes!! I don't think it's form a bite because it comes and goes so randomly! Well I am off to spin some yarn! I hope you have a great night!
I just read about Opal! I am so very sorry! All of my thoughts ans prayers are with you and Olivia!~

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 13 2011 10:05:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  06:06:37 AM  Show Profile
Monica I think soon we will have enough folks for a small town who want to get away from it all and live in a Yurt. I am so very sorry for the health issues hanging over your family. I will keep you all in my prayers and know that healing will take place. Is this issue with Gary effecting his ability to work??? I hope your little one is not in too much discomfort - I know when family members are ill it effect your health too so PLEASE take care of yourself.

Love the new thread yarn your spinning. I am working on a custom order for a lady in florida but when I am not centered I do not put that energy in the yarn. Last night I just had to go to bed...

Thank you for your kind words about Opal and I will tell Olivia you are sending prayers.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  4:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to read of your lose Grace. I feel bad for you and her momma.
I saw on your blog spot, you have natural indigo dye. This spring I got an Japanese Indigo plant. Got it at the shepherds harvest show. Have you heard of it, I bet you have. Anyways you use the green leaves to dye fiber. It came with a recipe. Hoping it grows enough to be able to try dyeing with. If all goes well and it blooms, I hope to have seeds to share!
Hope all is going good for everyone else here.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  7:53:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh Michele - I have and how exciting to be growing your own. I wished I could but just not enought time and ways to keep animals from eating it.

Thank you also for the kind words for Opal and Olivia. Today Olivia was bossing around the bottle kids and doing the mother role for them - they where not happy about the extra attention and ran to me the minute they saw me. We all will have to adjust to the loss and at least Olivia stopping screaming in the barn.. Between the frog and her crying last night I had no sleep... What's new?

Here is a question - has anyone every leased a farm or has leased their own farm to someone else? Had an interesting talk with the builder of my windows and doors today - he loves the farm and even my fantastic goats - talk just a bit about maybe leasing it with an option to purchase. Just gathering information but something to consider... Need to gather information and thought you might know??

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  05:00:03 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I would guess you would need a really good lease. While it could turn out very good, it could go the opposite way too. Though if you really want to move on, maybe get to know the guy. For myself, I would just sell, and not look back. I would hate to have to clean up someone elses mess. My parents sold their farm, and moved up the road a couple miles. Driving past the old place,I think, was hard on them. As the new owners did not take the same care of it as they had.
I have that indigo plant in a pot. I hope that is okay for it. I did move it outside, and it seems to be loving it. We started working on our house finally. Doing windows, siding, and roof. We worked one day, and have been slowed down with the weather. It has been rainy on and off, and now supposed to turn HOT.
You know Grace, the last calf I lost, was born very very weak, I left with the cow. She tried so hard to get that baby up and moving. It was hard to watch, but I knew it would never make it. But I left it out with her, and she seemed to handle the loss a bit easier. It died during the night, and I did move it the next day, but the momma had that time with her baby. I think they have to mourn just like people. I guess that is the hard part of loven.
take care and enjoy the day
Michele
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  12:40:23 PM  Show Profile
Grace - I have lots of second hand experience with leasing a farm. My grandparents have 60 acres that my dad and grandfather cleared and raised cattle on for years. When my grandparents passed away, mom and dad inherited it, but living 45 minutes away and working full time and raising 2 kids, they just couldn't do anything with it. Not wanting to sell family land, they decided to lease. First few years it was to family, who, because it wasn't their own land, did not take great care. They brush hogged and cut hay, but not in any hard to get to spots, so the grown up areas started creeping. Fences were not maintained because there was no livestock to keep in. Because it was family, dad's great uncle, he didn't feel comfortable saying a whole lot.

As time went on, the uncle passed away, so dad was free to lease it. First time, he did not get in the contract for the barn to maintained in any sort of way. So it started falling in because again, the land was only used for hay. By the time that person gave up the lease, the barn was past saving. Next lease had more details, but when a small disaster took place, it wasn't in the lease for the person to clean up after it, who would have thought? By then, I was married to my farmer husband, and we had tools and equipment, so we took care of repairs.

It is sitting unleased and unused now. We have our own farm, and as you well know, you always have more than enough to take care of on your own place, let alone 60 more acres, so it is falling further into disrepair. Dad has practically given it to us, but we take care of MIL next door to us, so we cannot move. It also needs hours/months/$$$ of work to get it back in shape.

My uneducated advice would be for you to think of all the things you have happen through the years, make a detailed list, decide who would be responsible for labor and materials costs for such things, then get a contract drawn up by a lawyer on your terms. Consider if you would want the farm allowed to be re-purposed, and if so, what changes you would be comfortable with. (Would horses be okay? Could pastures be turned into hayfields? - may or may not be beneficial to returning livestock to them later. Could fences be moved or removed to accomodate what the leasee wanted to use the land for? Could additions be made to the barn at their expense? etc.) I am with Michele, it is very hard to remember what it used to be like, and to see it now. Leasing means you still own it, and when and if you decide to move back, you do not want your land to have moved backwards.

~Lori

Edited by - lsarah on Jul 16 2011 12:41:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  06:36:35 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful points ladies - I really needed to hear all points. My bigger issue is with keeping it organic... I have spent 15 years not polluting the land, animals and forest and I am not sure how I could enforce someone not bringing chemicals on it. The guy who was interested in purchasing organic land in this area but there is none for sale. He only could find some up North in CO but he wanted to keep his daught down here. He is a eco builder and spent years training to be a vet but stopped because he just could not handle the customers and their behavior. So I guess I was excited just that someone with a similar mind set was even talking to me about it. I have been thinking that maybe a clean break would be better for my nerves then always being in knot's about what is going on at the farm.
So much to think about - the little gary cells just wants peace but then who doesn't...

Weather is already too hot to want to work outside - spent the whole day listing natural dyes on my Etsy shop. Dial up sucks...
Have a great Sunday Ladies

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  4:14:00 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Grace. Do you know what you want to do or where you want to go? Don't get too far away from your boys and grandson.
Hot here too for a few days. Yuck. worked on the house this morning, and was soaking wet in very short time. We didn't push it though, and just did what we knew we could finish. The radar is showing rain. making sure all the animals have plenty of fresh water. Flys are bad too.
Checked out your blog Lori, wow. you sure have been busy and have beautiful wool. Very nice and good luck with sales.
Anyone ever spin Llama? I was offered some. They have not sheared yet, so will see if I actually get some or not.

Michele
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page