Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  3:31:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, things have been busy here. Lori, pray your little guy can make it.
Welcome back Shari, Welcome Kristina!
I have trouble sitting here typing so I have to be short and sweet, it is easier for me to be up and moving around than to sit and try to type. The pain is in the back of my neck and my left ankle...I know it will pass soon.
I thought all was going good with Sugar Top and Maggie then I go out and see Sugar Top had bottle jaw yesterday morning. Since she was nursing, I gave her Panacur and a shot of pencillin. She looks lots better today but not eating as well. She has alfafa and grain in front of her. She is still protective of Maggie. I gave Maggie her CDT shot today. And I know I will have to watch Maggie closely for worms since mom had them. Oh, the life of a sheppard! No more lambs yet. They will wait till I go back to work and Danny will make the barn runs during the day.

I am very excited...this is the week (or at least next week) that I will be Nana again. My oldest grandson will be 16.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  4:47:08 PM  Show Profile
We had our first lamb born tonight! And to my absolute favorite ewe, Naomi! She snuck him in on us. We went to feed and Stan said "there is a lamb!" She had a coal black curly lamb. He is pretty big, too. He had just been born, and was up and running around. There are others that looked like they would go way before Naomi ever thought about it, I really feel lost. It is so much easier to tell with the cows!

Little man is marginally better. We have been giving him antibiotics. Breathes like he has pnuemonia, but no messy nose. He is eating and pooping. But not much energy.

Sarita - you take care of yourself. I will pray for you, and for Angie!

We have 32 wool sheep now. My parents have offered us the family land, 3 times larger than what we have here, but an hour away. But, we help take care of MIL next door, and Jessica will be a Junior next year, so likely it will be a while before we move.

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  06:30:31 AM  Show Profile
You ladies are all so busy!
Parying all is well this week for all of you!

Busy week, working on getting all my kids to sleep with out moms so we can milk more. It was a long night lsatnight.
Well off to work outside again!

Come visit my blog
http://angieruralliving.blogspot.com/

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  7:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers. Please pray all goes well for Angie tomorrow. She will be seen by the doctor in the morning and if the doctor thinks she is ready, they will induce labor. I can not make the trip to MI right now, lambing, work and this pain that I am having right now. I am afraid the trip would put me down. Angie and I talk on the phone every day and we send emails, I am so happy with modern tec. I pray for both Evan and Angie.
one of the Oxford/BFL ewes had a beautiful baby last night. The baby is 3/4 BFL and she is from Liam, his first baby. I have several that appear ready to lamb but they are so sneaky...
I am laying propped up on pillows and a heat pad so I could type some and try to get caught up with everyone. Take care sheep friends, bless you and your animals.

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2011 :  8:14:38 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, hope you feel better soon. You need to just take it easy until you do...but that is probably going to fall on deaf ears!
I'll be praying for Angie. Please keep us posted.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  06:32:10 AM  Show Profile
Sarita - I hope you feel better soon! And I have prayed for Angie several times this morning already. I hope you do not have to wait too long before you get to meet Evan in person!

Ladies - When a crossbred ram is born, do you automatically wether or leave him intact? We will have several 3/4 BL babies, which should have great fleece, but I am thinking there is probably not much demand for crossbred rams.

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  09:37:12 AM  Show Profile
Lori, thank you. Angie is at the hospital and her contractions are 8 minutes apart but not real strong. Her doctor thinks it will be later tonight or tomorrow morning when Evan gets here. I just pray that he is OK and that Ang is OK. We will head out for MI as soon as we can.

Lori, I have banded my rams at about a week old or I have left them in tact and if no one needs one for a ram, I then have to sell them and I have never been docked for leaving them in tact. I do think they gain faster as wethers. If they come out of great fiber parents, then I wether. I have 2 wethers that produce some of my nicest fleece. It is a very hard decision. Hardly ever sell a cross breed for a ram.

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  09:46:16 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Sarita! That is exactly what I was thinking. Stan says we won't be keeping Naomi's baby because he is a boy. First fiber sheep ever born here, out of my two favorite sheep, you would think he would know me by now............

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  10:36:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. I too, have been praying for Angie and Evan this morning. I pray that all goes well and she has an easy delivery. I will be excited to hear when he is born. Feel better, Sarita. I know how hard it is to do what needs to be done when one is in pain.

More rain again today and high winds later which with all this rain could mean toppled trees. This is the third rainiest March on record here. Please say a prayer that the trees stay upright. I have a couple of leaners near the barn that I haven't been able to remove due to their proximity to fencing and the barn. We need a few days of sunshine and no rain so things begin to dry out. Talk about mud season - the county road is a nightmare of pot holes and muddy ruts. It's like boonie crashing to get to the paved road. Too wet for the county to grade the roads yet. Hard on the rigs to be sure.

I have sure had a steady stream of company lately - makes it difficult to get anything accomplished. Hope everyone has a good, productive day.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  11:15:24 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, you have had the weather this winter. I pray that the rain will stop for awhile and then come in moderation for you.

Rae, thanks for your email this morning. I have trouble sitting at the computer typing but I have to be at one all day at school. I come home, take meds, heat pads and chores, then to bed. I feel like I am not getting all done that needs to be done.
No lambs last night...I can't believe this, they usually just start and we lamb day and night. Danny is home to help me and that is great!

Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  12:27:58 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you Sarita and Angie.

Come visit my blog
http://angieruralliving.blogspot.com/

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  6:34:08 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers. Ang's contractions aren't very strong but they are going to keep her tonight and maybe tomorrow.

I posted some new pictures of sunshine in Missouri and our new lamb on my blog.

I am so thankful to be touch with such a great bunch of farm girls like you all and I really appreciate all of you very much.

We shall be judged more by what we do at home than what we preach abroad. John F. Kennedy

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  2:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi all. Sure has been quiet over here for several days guess everyone has been as busy as me!!! Has anyone heard how Angie is doing and Evan? I sure have had them on my mind since Wednesday.

The weather here is still a mixed bag -lots of rain, wind with a few sun breaks. Sure doesn't feel like April but at least there is finally a faint green haze across the pasture which I am sure excites my sheep no end. Been starting seeds all morning to have in the grow room. I decided to start a little later this year since my tomatoes get so tall that space becomes such an issue. It sure felt good to be playing in the dirt again even if it is only seedling mix. All that wonderful light from my halide light sure helped to perk me up after all this dismal weather and no light to speak of.

Been spinning in the evenings - finally got my other wheel going and adjusted (after much frustration) after one of the grandkids decided that it was super cool and wanted to remove the brake band adjuster and twirl the mother adjuster (you can laugh if you want at my terminology as I have no idea what it's really called - feel free to inform and educate me) and knock off the string - all in a matter of about two minutes. Nothing harmed of course just lots of adjustments until things are humming along properly again. I try to put them away in the spare room when they are here but things got crazy one day and it didn't get moved.

Hope all is well with everyone. Been thinking about you Grace and wondering if you are still upright after so little sleep. Any more lambs, Lori and Sarita?

Back to work for me.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  6:22:47 PM  Show Profile
What is everyone up to? It's been quiet around here although I know I have been swamped and haven't been on much myself lately! I love all of the pics on your blog!

Sarita, How is Angie doing? Is Evan here yet? I am praying that all is well!

Sheri, It has been warm the past few days here, but I think we may get some rain! Sorry to hear about the wheel adjustments done by your grandkids! My kids mostly leave my wheel alone, but every so often I go to spin and I can tell that someone has messed with it! Your terminology sounds fine to me!

Grace, I pray that you are feeling better! I have been laying around the past few days trying to get rid of my cold and I have just not felt like doing much at all! I have so much to clean up, but I just don't care right now! If i can figure out how to add it, I will add my shop to my signature line!! I remembered!!

Lori, Congrats on the lamb!!:)

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Apr 02 2011 6:24:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  8:39:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, Well the induction wasn't successful that time around. After 32 hours in, the only progress that was made was some softening of my cervix, no dilation. It all started to get pretty scary when Evan's heartrate dropped with each contraction and they were strapping the oxygen on me. We decided at that point that we were stepping out of God's will. We will be going back this Wed at 8 am again. If I still make no progress, they will prob do a c-section. Doc doesn't want me to go past my due date because of the Diabetes. She says that the placenta ages faster in gestational diabetes patients and wouldn't be able to support him. I'm at home and doing all I can do to get some dilation to happen before we get there this time. I'm 90 percent effaced, but no dilation at this point. All of your prayers are so appreciated. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Little Red Caboose on Apr 02 2011 9:11:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  8:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I will keep you in my prayers!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
www.justducky48.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  9:52:06 PM  Show Profile
Angie I will keep you in my prayers as well. I have been thinking of you and praying for you all week. Please keep us posted as to how things are progressing. Get some rest while you can.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  10:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Angie I will place you in my prayer circle and I know that all will be well. Patience is never a strong suite for any of us but it is a gift that comes with Motherhood. You are loved and watched over.
Blessings

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  10:12:39 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much ladies! You are all the best! I'll let you know how it goes this week. Hopefully he'll be in my arms by the weekend.

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  04:35:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Angie, I willl definately keep you in my prayers. You, baby Evan, your Mom, your husband...all of you. I am sure this is difficult for everyone involved. I hope and pray God keeps you in his care and little Evan comes into the world at just the right time and in just the right way. God Bless.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  04:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Prays go out to you Angie. Waiting is sure hard to do. Evan wants to come into the world on his terms?? :) And I am sure you would just like to get it all over with. Best wishes to you and your husband.
I have been busy making syrup. Cooked 3 times this week. So kind of tired. Taking today off for myself. If I can mamage it. I got up early to check on my heifer, who is due on the 5th. Nothing happening there yet. She is ready though. Got the cats and the chickens feed. Kept the sheep in, as it is raining/snowing. It was these big blobs of snow falling, so pretty. Now it looks like rain.
Take care all
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  07:35:11 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you Angie and all the family.

We have junk out, snow & rain junk, yuck I am so very tired of winter and want it to be really spring! As my Mother always says though, "this too shall pass". Wise words.

Not too much new here, decision day on the heifers. They are high but don't think they will come down for a while and at least it would be a start. Hubby has bad hip and thinking it may be pretty worn out as well so.... all plays into things at the moment.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  08:52:41 AM  Show Profile
What a night!!!! I am still struggling with this stomach bug but have not been to bed yet because of the worst wind that started mid evening and is still to go most of this day. We lost power for six hours and I sat in the big barn with the girls and babies. Everyone was scared out of their wits and as we huddled in the dark I tried to keep everyone calm. Wynonna was out with me because she was scared to be in the house in the dark. Three large metal roof panels flew off one of the barns and is in the far pastures, several gates where broken when the large feeders where picked up and smashed into the gates.. I can not find the mail box yet but I admit I just do not have the energy to walk anymore. The animals are still shaking and the wind is still howling - what in the world is going on with this weather??? It was 82 Saturday and we are expecting 32 today and snow. I hope all of you will be safe today and my prayers are with you all.

Since I am still feeling sicker then a dog I will not be going to Reese's first birthday party - makes me very sad but I would feel worse if I got him sick. They will be here next weekend for my birthday so I will hug and snuggle on him the whole day. Can't believe a whole year has gone by - my or my where was I in all this.

Hope the birthing of two and four leggeds go well this week - I have them in my prayers. Hugs to all...Let's make this day the best we can because we a strong women with no sense to get out of the rain..

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  1:07:48 PM  Show Profile
We came home from church today, just a bit ago. Greg went out to let the sheep out on the new pasture, came back in and said "somebody has a little black lamb out there. So we went out, and , no, it was not a little black lamb...it was THREE little black lambs! Triplets! The first lambs on Cavalli Run! Our Zuma was first. She was still a bit skittish when we came close, and her afterbirth is still hanging, but we saw each lamb nurse. We will go back out in a bit and do sme TLC for momma and babies. Just letting momma have a little quality time. She was up and looked good.Babies up and nursing...all is well so far.
So Exciting! I'll post photos on the blog in a bit.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  2:24:50 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Brenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok any of you out there that also have cattle. In your opinion do you think the cost will continue to go up on heifers and etc. We are down to the wire on our decision to buy a couple. Our thought is even though kind of high will probably be worse later???

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page