grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  05:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies or in my mind and body it is late afternoon. I am so sorry to read about your mother Monica - I hope all is better and you know I have your back and her's.

I have not had a chance to go to the blogs yet and check out your new babies but it is on the list for today. I so understands everyone's mood which I think part of the problem is the weather and the other part is a feeling on not being in control of things. I battle those feelings all the time and have no great answers other then realizing this is the human condition - we do want things now because we are working so hard to get to where we want to be. It struck me as I was walking back from the barn at 2 am that this is my 15th year since my husband passed and since I started this leg of my journey. My how I have experienced things I never thought in my wildest dream would be for me. I am not real good with slow change - I am one who seems to all of a sudden go in some completely different direction but to those who really know me I may have been mullening it over in my brain for years - so we all have to learn patience. As for the money tree I think my forest creatures have eaten mine all up and so I am having to think way outside the box of late. If we keep each other close, listen and lend a kind word or helping hand we can all make it thru this with a wonderful life. I am here for you farm girl sisters and I wished I could give you all a big hug - however, you may want to wait on that till I get a chance to shower... Tough to do with goat kids in the bathroom..

I will catch up on all the reading - I am sure you are all doing exciting things - know the Funny Farm is sending love, prayers and understanding.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  06:12:20 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Michele...I think we all get caught in the hurry up and wait cycle of life. I am a very impatient person and God has spent alot of instructional time with me over the last few years! As far as the money tree, I know that if I had one, then I would want 2 etc. then I would fertilize it until it died...lol...but I know if I won the lottery, there would be lots of happy people around me for awhile and a million dollars would not last very long at all and it would not be spent on foo foo things. Maybe a new lambing barn, more wire for fences, (maybe even hire someone to help build those fences!). But I do stop and count my blessings everyday and I am very thankful that God gives me time to think and plan and love my family and farm friends.

Brenda, your mood will pass soon...snow, gloomy clouds, and cold will turn into bright blue skies, warm temps, green grass, and getting to be outside soon.

Monica, I pray your mother is OK and doing better. I am also praying that you can go visit her soon.
Marlyn, I also pray for your Dat and family...hope you will get a chance to slow down soon.

Grace, I read your blog and sat here chuckling about the mean momma goat...I always say things to evil ewes like, "you old ingrate" "Do you want a truck ride?" Just keep it up.... but I know what you mean about the bond being there. Old Dolly nailed me so many times...but yet I had a soft spot for her and now I adore her daughters that I have kept.

Sheri, isn't it aggravating to buy something new and have problems with it right out of the gate? But I am so happy that you are on line again.

Rae, do you ever regret leaving the old life to start your new adventure of farming (try not to think about your first lambing)?

Angie and Wayne were invited to a dinner party last night and when she got there, found out she was the guest of honor. I received an email this morning talking about it and we will talk later on the phone. She has been working on my blog again, she is so special.

I am getting my hair cut today somewhere somehow! So I better get to moving and shaking...lights burning! Later friends, have a good day!

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  4:20:38 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, no I don't regret for one second the life I have now and would not change it. Well sometimes my old house would be nice to have but am getting used to this one room place too. I learn new things every year and I love it all.

I am so excited, besides Mickey and Minnie doing great. I got a couple boxes full of material! Lots is smaller pieces but perfect for quilting which is on my list to learn to do. I want to do some hand quilting and now have the material to do so!!! I got it all FREE!!!

Weather finally starting to warm up, yee haw!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

modjeska
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Lisa
Salina Kansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  5:25:33 PM  Show Profile
Well it's much warmer herer now. Thank goodness! Goat kids are doinggreat. Now everything is just a muddy mess. I made a cake and frosting from scratch for the first time in thirty years. It came out pretty good. It makes me wonder why I always bought cake mixes before!LOL
Monica I hope your mother is doing well. That is always very scary.
Brenda- spring is right around the corner.
Grace I hope your days are getting easier and your nights longer.
Ok I do have a goat question. my bottle babby is 12 days old I have been feeding her 6oz 4 times a day. I have read several different things and they all say something different. What feeding schedule do you follow? My vet said what I doing works the best but he didn't say how long to continue at 4x a day. She is doing very well. It would just be nice to skip that 10:30 pm feeding. I will do whatever will be the best for her.
Hope everyone else is gettting some warmer weather too.
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  8:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the prayers for my mom! She is doing fine and they are not sure what it was, but they know for sure that it was not a heart attack!

Well for the very last house update... We are officially not moving in!!!!! I am not sure at this point whether to laugh or cry! I am relieved on one hand, but on the other hand now we have to figure out what we are doing! I am glad not to be tied here for two more years! I think the only thing that makes me upset about the outcome is that we have worked and waited for 16 months only to not have it happen and now I have to explain to the kids why we are not moving in because they have been so excited about it! At least Hannah has already seemed to figure it out because twice now she has said that she thinks Steve is just tricking us! Incredible intuition for a 6 year old! It's also kind of awkward in town because everyone has known forever that we were moving in and now I have to say that we are not! I really did at one point want to move in and I guess now it is just a matter of letting it go! At least we will have the $$ from all of the work and hopefully we will be able to move onto something better! Hopefully something better in the eastward direction!!!:)

Grace, I would take a hug even if you haven't had a shower! I can't tell all of you how much you all mean to me! I cherish each of your friendships so much! When I was in town today, I realized that even though we have lived here for 8 years, I don't have any real friends to call and have over or get together for coffee with and I got kind of bummed out! I haven't even been able to make a real friendship with the other spinner in Bullhead! I called her 3-4 times to see if she would like to get together and never heard back from her! I am so blessed to be able to "talk" to all of you here and even though we may never meet in person I truly do count all of you as my dear friends!!

Brenda, I LOVE that saying!! I am going to have to remember it!

Lisa, Cake sounds very yummy!! Was it chocolate? Is there any other flavor?!!!:)

Sarita, Tell Angie that we said "Hi" ! I hope she is doing well!

I am off to go play! I have been thinking of doing some pictures and cards and I even bought a brayer today at the new Joann Fabric Store in town. The store opened last week and to be honest I am not that impressed! I guess it started with the first time I went in there and really had to go to the bathroom, but the bathrooms were closed because the pipe was broke and that was the day after it opened up!! On the way home today I got a flat tire and didn't realize it and then Gary was upset with me for being late so I think it definitely time to go play in my craft stuff! I also have a new idea for some yarn so I might play with some fiber too!! Just what a girl needs after a long day!! Praise God for fiber!!! Oh one last thing... I don't know if any of you watch Fringe, but on the episode last night, they were after this mad scientist who was bring back this bug to make a vaccine and the bugs had died out years before because they live on sheep and the sheep were extinct..... My only thought was "Oh My Gosh"!!!! That was by far the scariest episode I have seen!! Nothing is scarier than the thought of no sheep!!!!!!:)

I apologize for writing a small book! I guess I am a bit tired and rambling!!!

Good Night All!! :)

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  02:16:46 AM  Show Profile
Monica, so glad to hear your mom is fine and didn't have a heart attack. People don't realize how traumatic it can be when your parents have major health events and you are too far away to be able to be there. I sure hope you will be able to get back closer to her soon.
I don't usually make cakes from scratch either, Lisa. Or brownies. Everything else I do...don't know why. I guess because my mom used box mixes for cake so it is "acceptible". Can't eat pre-made frosting, though. So I usually do make that from scratch. My daughter in law bakes all her cakes and brownies from scratch. Maybe I'll start doing that too. I wonder if from scratch is any healthier?
Rae, you are so right...I wouldn't give up this life now for anything. I've waited so long. Yes, I could probably have a nicer house, near a nice town with good shopping, ladies to get together with and even a spinning wheel if we hadn't sunk everything into to this farm. But, I've had all those things before (minus the wheel)...and I was never happier than I have been since we have moved here. God will provide the rest when the time is right. In the mean time, you ladies and facebook are my social circle! I am very thankful to have found this forum and this thread. What a blessing you have been to me.
Goal this week: find my drop spindle. One last closet to get sorted out. I know it's in that closet somewhere!
Have a good week ladies.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4086 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4086 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  04:30:31 AM  Show Profile
Reading the posts made me smile this morning. Thanks. It would be a blast if we all met up! Grace you sounded tired, I am sure you are. Made from scratch cakes just got to be better for you, and I am sure less calories! I have made up my own "cake mixes", that save time and work out pretty good. I have a book, with a bunch of different mixes you can make, from dry mixes to meat ones. No babies here yet, just floppy rears. We have warmer temps, but it snowed all day yesterday. Kind of disappointing, but very pretty.

enjoy
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  09:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning. I am so glad to hear that your Mom didn't have a heart attack, Monica. Is she doing better? Did they find out what caused the episode? I know how scary it can be. My heart went out to you when I read your post. Scary times. As far as the house goes, it is not a surprise. I am sorry that it went that way though. I know that you will go where you are meant to and maybe now that this issue is finally resolved, doors will open up for you all.

Sarita how did your hair cut turn out? I am glad to hear that Angie is doing well. Not too much longer. Yes, it just frustrates me no end at what counts for acceptable in products these days. I mean three months? This is getting ridiculous. At least it is working now and at least it was while it was under warrenty. My lap top was two months off of warrenty when it crashed.

I hope you finally find your spindle, Brenda. I hate searching for things but manage to do it a lot despite my constant sorting and purging.

Hope all is well with everyone's babies. How are you faring, Grace? Have you managed some sleep yet?

We had a wind storm last night with gusts at 50+ but it looks like there was no damage anywhere. My dog was so twitchy last night that he was driving me nuts. Still windy this morning but not so bad. At least the sun is shining.

Have a great day everyone.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Judyr808
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Judy
Hood River Oregon
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  12:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Judyr808 a Yahoo! Message
Hi, everyone. My name is Judy and I'm pretty new at this. I've looked at many other forums and you girls seem to click best with me. I hope you'll feel the same about me. I live in a small town in OR with my husband of 52 years, we both were raised on farms in Texas and New Mexico. I love gardening ( Curt does most of it) I can, freeze, dry and juice everything I can. I make quilts for our grandchildren, paint, try to write and when the mood strikes I do other crafts. There is a lot more for the telling but I want to read more about you.
Judy

Love & Light
Go to Top of Page

Judyr808
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Judy
Hood River Oregon
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  12:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Judyr808 a Yahoo! Message
Hi, everyone. My name is Judy and I'm pretty new at this. I've looked at many other forums and you girls seem to click best with me. I hope you'll feel the same about me. I live in a small town in OR with my husband of 52 years, we both were raised on farms in Texas and New Mexico. I love gardening ( Curt does most of it) I can, freeze, dry and juice everything I can. I make quilts for our grandchildren, paint, try to write and when the mood strikes I do other crafts. There is a lot more for the telling but I want to read more about you.
Judy

Love & Light
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  1:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I hope you find your drop spindle! If I ever get to Ohio or get the wheels from my mom, I am going to send you one!!! I have made all of my own baked good from scratch forever. I don't know if I have bought a cake mix in a box since I have been married! I have a really easy recipe for the best chocolate cake in the world and it's so simple to make so that is usually my go to recipe for cake!

Michele, I have to say that I honestly miss snow! I love that crisp clean smell when it snows! If I ever win the Lottery, I am going to fly all of us somewhere so we can meet!!!

Sheri, My mom is doing fine now! I talked to her today and she was getting ready for my sister and her family to come for lunch! I have known for a few months now that it just wasn't going to happen! So recently it just became a matter of putting that out in the open with Steve! It's not that we didn't want to move in because we did, but there was just no end in sight at all with Steve dragging his feet and it became painfully obvious that he had no real intention of getting it finished and letting us move in. It has been just sitting there with nobody really working on it for 4 months now and it's past time to move on! Looking around though I realize that he has always been like that towards us! Gary was going to use a barn Steve has and they talked about it,but nothing ever happened and then he had a shop he said Gary could use as workspace and then he rented it to someone else! There was also a house for sale here and Gary asked Steve about it and the next thing we know Steve told someone else about it and they bought it and Steve knew that Gary was asking because he was interested in it!! I don't know what he has against my family, but enough is enough and hopefully now we can move forward and stop playing all of these childish games! I just wish I had a chance to take a bath!!! :) We are on to bigger and better things now!!!

I hope everyone is having a great day! I am off to wash some more laundry!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  2:42:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy! Nice to meet you!

Monica ~ I am glad your mother is okay! I am also glad that you are at peace with moving forward. You have been strung along for so long, now you and your husband are free to make plans for what is best for your family, without having to "owe" someone something.

Grace ~ hope your little ones are doing well. We are still waiting here. I love what one of you ladies said about floppy backsides. I finally gave up on keeping RoseLee and Molly in the barn. It turned off in the 60's here for a few days, so Stan put them back in the pasture. They are MUCH happier. I will just keep a VERY close eye on them.

Remember my neighbor and her miracle pregnancy? She had the little guy last night - two weeks early - and everyone is doing wonderful! What a blessing from God!

We are ordering some baby chicks in about a week, so Stan is down working in the chicken coop getting it ready. I think we are getting 25. Of the 20 we started with this last year, we are down to 6 hens and 2 roosters. The last casualty happened a couple of weeks ago. I think one of the rams kicked a hen. We found her under the coop, with no visible marks on her.

I am a bit under the weather today. It is beautiful outside, but I feel too crummy to go out and enjoy it. I spent most of the night debating whether or not to head to the ER - severe abdominal pain. It is a little "tingy" today, and I keep having small bouts of it, so I stayed home from church and watched mom and dad's church on TV. They have a really good pastor. I was supposed to drive a bus trip tomorrow, but my boss/hubby said he cannot allow me to drive knowing what I have going on. I understand, but the extra $$ would have been nice. That is okay, though, we had our taxes done and, since I changed jobs mid-year, the first half of the year there were lots more taxes held out, then I took a cut in pay, and with our cattle losses this year, we are getting a tidy sum back. It is really a blessing because we are planning on more fencing to expand the sheep pastures, and we will have plenty left over to buy feed and hay. Oh yeah, and I got some mud boots! No more cold wet feet!

Take care all!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Welcome to the gang! It is great to have you here and I am looking forward to getting to know you better!

Lori, I hope you are feeling better! Do take care of yourself! Congrats to your neighbor!! I really want to get chickens someday!!! I am really looking forward to moving forward from the mess we have been stuck in for so long!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  4:54:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Judy and Good Evening Ladies.

Been a great busy day here - we had two sets of twins born today. Gretal had a boy and a girl and Jill had two boys. They are mother/daughter and had been in the same kidding pen because they get along and there is just no more single suites. Greatal delivered fast and had the babies cleaned, nursed and napping in short order. Then Jill started and she was so freaked she kept trying to hop the gates... When the first baby was delivered Grandma Gretal started cleaning it - I was worried but then came the second and Jill was in shock so Grandma Gretal got that one clean and had the first one nursing. Then the second. I panic but thought I would wait to see what would happen. Gretal got Jill to watch and then Jill took over. Now they are tag teaming the four babies and they are getting alone great - I am thrilled to say the least.

I can't write to everyone right now - will do so later just know I am always thinking of you and hopeing for the highest good. The bottle kids are doing wonderfully and I even took them for a bit of a walk around the rest of the house so they could get more exercise and get sleepy.

Hugs everyone.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  5:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Lori, sorry that you are under the weather. There has been a stomach bug going through the kids at school. Tummy pains, some have Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting. I had a round of it and it last 7 or 8 days. Glad you are getting some money back...I am sure we will have to pay this year...first time in a long time.

Monica, bravely listen to God and step out and get on with your life. Is Steve still Gary's boss? My heart hurts for you.

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  06:24:06 AM  Show Profile
We have some major colds kind of thing going here and some kids with mono!! Not fun.

Babies had their first night of not being penned. Sally was quite please with that and they were all doing just great this morning. They knew to go in the corner where the light is when they got chilly in the later evening last night. They can run now for a few days as it is supposed to nice and warm and no rainy junk until end of week.

Rae

Ooops welcome Judy!

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  07:25:31 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL MY SHEEP AND GOATS FRIENDS!

Welcome Judy!

Lori, one of the little girls that has this bug had pains in her stomach and then it went to her side...she was hospitalized and test ran but determined it was the stomach bug...she has had it since last Thursday....hope you feel better soon.

Go to Top of Page

modjeska
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Lisa
Salina Kansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  07:31:21 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Judy, looking forward to learning more about you.
Grace, congrats on the new babies. Sounds like they are all doing well. I hate it when they are first born and everyone is trying to figure it all out.95% of the time they seem to do it on they're own, but it always makes me alittle stressed until they do.
Monica, glad your Mom is doing so well. I don't know they whole story about this Steve person but it sounds like you should stay away from him. He is not looking out for you or keeping his word. I hate it when people say one thing and do the other. Could you share your chocolate cake receipe?
Lori, I hope you are feeling better. My husband had the stomach flu a few weeks ago and it was horrible. I hope you don't have that. Luckily no one else in my family got it.
Happy Valentines day everyone!!! Does everyone have special plans? My husband said we're going out to dinner but I'm sure he hasn't made reservations so we may end up at McDonalds.LOL. It's actually my birthday, but after 20 years he still never gets it right. I don't expect much anymore.
It was beautiful here yesterday. I let the goat kids out to run around and play. They are so fun to watch.We will have another nice day here so I'm really looking forward to that.
happy Valentines Day everyone
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  10:31:38 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day to all. And Happy birthday Lisa.
Welcome Judy.
Ugh, I hope we don't get any of that stomach bug. Hope you gt over it quick, Lori.
Greg is driving down to Arkansas tomorrow to pick up my two new, hopefully pregnant ewes. One is a moorit and one is black, like my ram. We're really hoping for a ram lamb out of one of them...so it can breed with our ram's ewe lambs. I can't wait to see what we end up with this year. We are both excited about increasing our flock.
The temps are really nice and the sunshine is wonderful, but the mud? Uck! What a mess! Oh well, I guess that's part of it!
I worked upstairs today. Didn't get into that closet yet. Don't you hate how you have to clean everything up and get organized before you can drag everything out to organize it? Hahaha!
Oh well, a little each day (inch by inch)!
We're having homemade spaghetti and meatballs for supper, and I even picked us up a bottle of wine to go with it. That's our Valentine's day plan!
Have a good one, evrybody.
Rea, did you get my reply? I am never sure how those things work!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  10:46:26 AM  Show Profile
Yes Brenda I did. Anxious to get home and see Mickey & Minnie outside, they are starting to bounce more and more each day.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  10:58:03 AM  Show Profile
Okay, good, Rae.
Monica, I meant to say something to you about the spinning wheel, too! That is a very sweet thought. After all you've been through and been raked over the coals by this Steve guy, you still have the generosity of spirit to share with others. I'm so glad you have not become jaded by how you and Gary have been treated. No worries, I know I will have a spinning wheel when the time is right for it. I don't have a good space to put one right now, anyway, so everything in its own time. I am actually looking forward to finding my drop spindle.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  11:19:27 AM  Show Profile
Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, this isn't the stomach bug. I have been having the same pains in small doses for 2-3 months. But nothing like the 2 hour long, "I think I am dying" marathon Saturday night. I went to the doctor today, something I NEVER do, and he is sending me for a scan of some sort. I have had 3 C-sections, and it may be a scar tissue issue. I suppose the Lord knew we were going to have Dr. bills so He provided a tax return!

Brenda - where in Arkansas is your husband coming? I love to learn of other sheep farms in the state!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  1:16:54 PM  Show Profile
Lori, he'll be going to Lincoln, Arkansas. It's called Bloomin' Acres Farm...they raise Icelandic sheep, flowers and I think chickens. They have quite a large flock of Icelandics and that is where I bought my first 5.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4086 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4086 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  2:19:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy, nice to meet ya.
Enjoying all the baby stories! Rae will you be having more babies? Grace, how sweet to watch mom and grandma sharing responsibilities.
We are doing some melting. Having some much warmer weather.
My bees are still alive!! Hope they make it the rest of the winter.
Lori good luck with the tests. I hope everyone is feeling better too.
I can't say enough about elderberry juice, in winter time. I can the juice and mix it with koolaid. We actually have been super healthy since we have been drinking it. (knocking on wood, cause I know now that I stated that I will get sick) :)
I know it helps we don't have little kids, or kids in school anymore.
Brenda you could always make a new spindle, then you will find yours!
Lisa, I hope your husband suprises you! Best wishes Monica.
HOping to get my wheel spinning here again. I have been finishing up sewing projects lately. Too many hobbies, and too little time.
take care
Michele
Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  2:37:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Brenda! I will look them up! I didn't even know there were any Icelandics in Arkansas! Cool!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page