Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  7:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, we ended up at Bethel today, I would wonder if this person or that person was you. There were more people there today than in the past few years. I took a few pictures and put them on my blog but I am having trouble with my blog and it won't let me edit it. I saw some iclandic wool in one of the tent's and I wondered if you got to visit with the lady. How many sheep will you have with the new ones?
I wish that there would have been more breeds of sheep to look at but I can't blame anyone for keeping their sheep at home. We mainly went to look at sheep supplies and equipment. Not much there of either there but many fiber people there.
Monica, Ron who sold you your drum carder was there. I am very interested in one of his electric big drum carders...but I think I need to increase my profit margin before I get to bring one home. We were also looking at his picker that slides. It was pretty nice.
The day was beautiful. Lori, I looked for your friend but I did not find her. What does she sell? There was a husband and wife there from Mississippi, I tried out her spinning wheel and really liked it. Many nice people.
I ended up buying a hat for baby Brandon almost identical to the one that I am knitting him except it is out of alpaca. I am now knitting on the last tie on the hat with earflaps. I am using a soy silk and cotton blend with some of my softest wool. Brandon has so many allergies that I was concerned about what he could wear...we will see. I sure hope he likes his new hats. I got a new sheep rattler for Ang's babe.
Lori, I am sorry your old cow is not doing well. I had a pet cow that I raised on bottle, Rasberry, and she lost her 2nd calf and would never breed back. She got so fat and slick. I still have old Sugar and she has had a bull calf every year. I would really like to have a little girl from her.
Michelle, sounds like you are still busy. How did the golfing go?

Sheri, would you send me some of your weather? Today was beautiful and the temp nice but suppose to start heating back up tomorrow. And since you are about done with your cleaning, perhaps you could head this way and give me a hand. I feel so far behind.

Monica, how is home schooling going? Are you busy moving yet?

Grace, your chicks are very cute. Is the grandson growing? Don't you just love to snuggle them and kiss their soft skin? I am with you about wanting to make something different to eat. Nothing really interest me. It is going to heat up again so I will probably make a big green salad and boil eggs and bake chicken breast to have a big salad with crackers and cheese. We had watermelon out of the patch for supper...it was very good and sweet. When the weather gets cool, I start making chili, potatoe soup, chicken and noodles.

Ang, I am praying that you will have a better week and want to get back to baby preparations and weaving this next week.

Tomorrow I will be sorting sheep, ewes, lambs, giving some shots. Cloie had bottle jaw again. She wants to eat the tiny grass so close to the ground. She is so small yet but growing some. I do not like to have late lambs! They don't seem to grow as well and not as healthy as the ones born in March and April.

My studio is calling me
later my sheepy friends
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  05:26:22 AM  Show Profile
Found out I suck at golf! Really not a surprise! Our group came in last! Oh well it was fun.
I hope Angie is feeling better.
Going to get the grass mowed today, and harvest some more honey.
I have made oven fried chicken lately, making corn dogs today, for something different. We get out own beef weiners made, so they are good. My fall planting of lettuce is coming, but not big enough to harvest yet.
Going to enjoy having a paid day off tomorrow!
I am finally starting to sleep in a bit. Till six thirty today. But the end of the month my Summer freshens, so will start milking again. We had 38 this morning. Ahh what a relief.

Happy Spinning
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  07:02:01 AM  Show Profile
Well, Michele, at least you tried. My hubby would like me to play, but I have absolutely no interest! I even stink at mini golf! LOL!
Oh, Sarita, I am so sorry we missed each other! I was thinking I should have sent you my cell number, but then realized we had no service out there, so that wouldn't have helped much! I saw your blog and the pictures are great!
I'm sorry to hear Angie is feeling so poorly. Hope she comes out of it soon. I've known some people who are sick their whole pregnancy. That would be miserable. It's bad enough when it lasts a month or two!
Well, off to church and potluck today. I am tired...hope I don't fall asleep on the speaker!
Have a good one everyone.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  3:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies - I have been struggling to get the monitor to work today and I guessed I crossed my fingers, toes and eyes just right to get here so I am typing fast just in case....

All the food sounds wonderful - our temps around here can not make up it's mind so I hate to turn on the oven for any reason.. I might have taco's tonight because all the fixings are done. I just have not had much interest in food of late. However, sounds like good eating at all of your tables...

Sorry to hear about all the worm issues. Since things are drying out here - I will give a herbal wormer soon because they will be nibbling in green spots which will have their pellets. I have never experienced bottle jaw but have seen it in flocks of my friends. I will be keeping them in my prayers and also your sweet cow. I know I have spent money on animals that I will never see again but it is what we do...

Ang, hope you will be feeling better soon. Just keep your eye on the prize!!

The chicks are doing great - got up at 3 am and aired out the shop a bit. They are too tiny to move to the coop so they are living in the shop right now which is above my bedroom. For once my nose was working... I don't mind as long as I can get them big enough without lossing any of them.

Still working at the carder and getting ahead of fiber batts and rovings. I am almost out of the last of my Icelandic fleeces. I am holding back some for me - sure miss having the fleece but not all the work that 175 sheep bring with them. I might go down to Taos Wool Festival to purchase more fiber but it depends if one of my sons could take the time off to watch the farm. I never really like purchasing fiber without touching it.

Well, better get to the rest of my emails while the monitor is working. Have a great holiday ladies.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  06:34:57 AM  Show Profile
Got the last of my wool ready for the drum carder last night. Hoping I can get it all carded today, while the weather is nice. Got over 11 pounds of honey yesterday. I still have it all straining, but did put 1 gallon in jars already.
Good luck with the chickys and the puter Grace. Sarita your pears look great on your blog. Happy harvesting
Hope you stayed awake for church Brenda. A day out sure can wear a person out!

Michele
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  11:19:14 AM  Show Profile
Sarita, School is not go too bad so far! I have to put my foot down with the kids doing their work, but we are doing pretty good! That is cool that you got to meet Ron! I love my carder from him! As far as the house, we are waiting for Steve and another guy to do the drywall! They were supposed to do it last week and I don't really know why they didn't! I am so tired of things not getting done!

Grace, I would love to go to the Taos Wool Festival! I think it would be fun to take the kids! Maybe next year we can take a short vacation and go!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  12:48:54 PM  Show Profile
Monica you would love the Festival... I was a vendor for many years - you have to be juried in so it is an honor to be in - tons of great shops in town also and the best returants... The boys and I love being there. I had thought of moving there if it was not for the heat in the summer. Their fiber community is active and there are always great folks to share our passion with and try new techniques.

Sorry you are still waiting on the house - thought you where close to getting in..

Sounds like Michele sounds like you are going to be busy at the carder. I sure know what that is like - I am working right now on a blend of Mohair, Alpaca and Wool. Remember that Trolls House wool that is what is going into the making of this blend. I finished the first batt at about midnight and my eyes where tired but once I brought it into daylight I LOVE it! Will be making more tonight.

Listed new products on Etsy while the monitor is working. Typed my blog with a black screen - that was interesting. So have a wonderful day ladies.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  12:52:09 PM  Show Profile
Michele ~ A friend of ours has a hive located here on our property, but I can never catch him to ask - How much honey can you expect to get from one hive? I know there are a lot of factors involved, but can you ballpark it? Curious minds want to know!

I got the rest of the Wensleydale roving spun and plied and it just shimmers. When I get the twist set I will take pictures. I have been eyeballing some of Grace's fiber, especially the batt in shades of pink, more like drooling. This having to tighten our belts isn't much of a big deal to me until it comes to my crafting. I have been making myself stay off of etsy so I don't get tempted more than I can handle.

It is finally cooling off here. Stan and I sat in the porch swing yesterday afternoon after we got home from church and napped for a little while because the temperature was so nice. Sure hope we have seen the last of the 100 degree temps.

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com

Edited by - lsarah on Sep 06 2010 4:10:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2010 :  10:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I would love to take the kids to it!Maybe in a few years I will try and get into the show!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  07:47:47 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. Sounds like everyone has been busy. I have been cleaning and have about wrapped it up for now anyway. I am getting pretty tired of doing it but at least everything is looking pretty spiffy now. I drug all my area rugs outside and got them cleaned before the cold front moved in. It's pretty chilly here - fall temps for sure. We are close to 20 degrees below normal for us. Highs in the low to mid 60's. I'd send some your way Sarita if I could. I just need the wind to quit so I can get that fleece done.

My new stove gets delivered today!!! I am really excited to finally have a working stove. My old one had 20+ years of very hard labor and finally decided it wanted to retire. I have been limping along with only two burners. I ordered this one back in July and it took this long to get it. Good old Sears. Anyway, keep fingers and toes crossed that they can get it in ok and it's the right one.

Glad to hear that your chicks are doing well, Grace. Hope you can get your computer issues taken care of - it's so frustrating when they have problems.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check in again later.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  08:42:11 AM  Show Profile
Morning, the holiday weekend is over. (whine, whine)
I dyed wool yesterday, put some of the pictures of my dyeing process up on the blog. I also dyed skeins of yarn too. The temps were up and the wind howling so I put the wet roving and skeins of yarn in nylon bags and hung them outside to dry and they dried in record time. I will put pictures of the dried yarn and roving on my blog tomorrow night and after I spin it.
We had to go to Kirksville and buy a new tarp to cover our hay stacks due to the wind blowing and somehow tore the old one. We also went to a friend's house and picked up 10 bales of alfafa. Got home after 9pm and then I started doing chores. I am dragging today.
Cloie is doing better. Her jaws are back to normal and she is eating like a little pig. In fact I am feeding all 4 of the smaller lambs that were born late. They just can't fight their way in to eat pellets like the older ones. Cloie now waits on me to get to the gate so she can come in for the pellets. She learned real quit. And they say sheep are dum. I have some very smart sheep. They can find the smallest holes to get out, they know when I ring the bell, it is supper time and if they baa at me loud enough, I will bust right out there to meet their needs.

Grandson has a football game tonight at Trenton so it will be another late night.
Sheri, still want some of that weather and could use some help cleaning at the old home place.
Have a good day
Sarita

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  5:02:17 PM  Show Profile
LOri~ they say the first year of a hive, not to expect any. I have harvested twice. 2 boxes the first time, and 1 on Sunday. Wanting to make sure I save enough for the girls. But I got 16 pounds on Sunday. And maybe 30 pounds the first time. Roughly. So 46 pounds this year. My first year. Have 2.75 pounds of wax too. That is roughly about 4 gallons of honey. Bees sure are amazing creatures.
Got this years wool all carded on Monday. I am glad to have that done. Now to look at some more dye colors! Also was knitting tonight on my sweater from Jacks wool. Got a ways to go yet, but it will fit!
Babysat grandson today. He was alot of fun. Finished up the tomatoes after he left. It is nice to get things done for the year.
Glad your Cloie is doing better Sarita. Sheri hope your stove was the right one.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  5:07:53 PM  Show Profile
Just looked at your yarns and fibers, Grace and Sarita. Oh they are just lovely. YOu girls do such fantastic work. I am soooo impressed!
Monica I hope you get to make it to the fiber fest one year. Something to work towards!

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  5:18:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh it gets real interesting on the stove issue....Delivery was scheduled between 9:45 and 11:45 this morning. So, I locked my German Shepherd in the shop (he has an issue with strangers), opened the gate and they were a no show. After listening to my dog "wooo" for 3 hours I finally called and the system says I am not calling from the phone number of record and disconnects me!! So I get on the horn with customer service and after about 5 min on ignore, she informs me that the stove came in damaged and they won't be delivering it until the 21st!!! They will give me a $50 credit for my inconvenience which is always nice but I have about 20 lbs. of green beans to can and no way to can them. Looks like I will have to blanch and freeze. Grrrr....!!!! I wouldn't be so mad except that I ordered this stove on July 28th. and they claim they can get another one here by the 21st so why did I have to wait so darn long for the first one?

It's just been one of those days. I also went to get in my van to go to the post office to mail some bills and lo and behold I have a flat tire. Must have picked up something in the tire where they were doing road construction in front of my daughters house. My son came up and moved the compressor and put air in it but it was too late to take it in to get it fixed so I moved the van by the shop so if it's flat again in the morning I can easily put air in it.

Hope everyone had a better day than I did.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  6:14:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. Sorry it's been a bit since I was last on. I really haven't had the energy to reply to anything, but I have been reading the posts when I get a chance. I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes. (crying) I haven't been doing so well. The morning sickness has absolutely taken over my life and don't even get me started on the hormones. My poor husband. I'm doing my best to keep my eye on the prize and remind myself that this may not last the entire pregnancy. I go for my 2nd OB appt this Friday and will feel better if I get to see my baby bean again. I'll give you an update after the appt. God bless all of you!

Ang

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  6:20:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Angie - so glad to see your post. I have been thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. I hope you will be feeling better soon - the first trimester is usually the most difficult with the sickness. It's always draining and all you want to do is nap. Keep us posted.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  6:44:36 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, that's rough about your stove. How frustrating. We hope to remodel next year and plan a total gutting of our kitchen. I can't wait until it is done, but dread the frustrations of dealing with tardy workers (as Monica has had to deal with) and difficulties with deliveries and such. I hope things go better for you.
Monica, glad school is going better for you. Hope your new home is ready for you to move into soon.
Hi Angie, It is so good to see you again. You poor thing. We just found out Jessica (Mrs. Coyote) is also pregnant again. This will be her fifth. She is having some morning sickness issues too. I don't think she's been feeling as bad as you have, but she has had to homeschool her three oldest, plus handle a 1 and a half year-old on top of it! I sure hope you (and she) will be feeling better soon.
Sarita, I saw your little hats. They are both so cute. I can't wait to see your soakers!
I hope everyone else and all their furry and feathered friends are doing well.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  8:41:59 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, Congratulations to Jessica and you! They are supposed to start drywalling the house tomorrow! Please pray that they just get it done!

Sheri, Sorry to hear about the stove troubles! Hope the next one works out perfect!

Angie, I will praying that everything calms down for you with the baby! those days of raging hormones and morning sickness can be very rough! Hang in there!

Lori, I made the mistake of looking at Grace's etsy and the temptation was too much for me! I bought some green yarn and some fiber that was just calling my name too loudly to resist!

Well I am off to spin some yarn and relax! I made the mistake of having a soda in the evening last night and I could not get to bed until 3a.m. and then I was awake at 5 and 6a.m. so I think I will make it an early night tonight!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Sep 07 2010 8:48:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  9:31:01 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I got the patterns in the mail today...I can't wait to get started on them. What did you make yours with? I didn't use soakers. Thank you so much!

What a deal Sheri, I feel so sorry for you...I am not a waiter and I would be going out of my mind if I was deaing with this stove thing...I will be praying for you.

Ang, I am glad that you got on here today and was able to write something...this will pass and somehow when you hold that tiny little person in your arms, your memory lets them awful days fade. Otherwise every woman would just have one baby.

Rae, how is school? How are the sheep?

MCA, a friend of mine, that has Oxfords and shows them at the local fair and the state fair, sent their sheep down in a friend's new alumiun trailer to the state fair for their kids to show. The friend that drove them down had his kids 5 sheep in the trailer too. It was in those 100 degree days and by the time they got to Sedalia, 2 of the friend's sheep had died. The kids were heart broken. MCA's daughter got grand champion Ewe...but the win was dampered by the lost of Peaches and Pear. The trailer just had a 2 or 3 inch open strip at the top of the trailer and they just got too hot. Animals should not be moved in that hot weather anyway. Wrong time of the year to have sheep shows...I won't say anymore.

Just got home from Grandson's football game, they won 30-0 and grandson played hard all night on defense and offense...he did a great job. His picture is on my blog.

Michele,you just stay busy all of the time. But it does sound like you love what you are doing.

Monica, I wish I had your patience...I would be climbing the walls waiting to get moved in so my life could get back to normal.

My eyes are drooping...better get to bed.
Later fiber friends

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  9:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, Congrats to your grandson!! The thing with the house is that I have no patience left! I am about ready to go over there and start it myself! I am so desperately tired of things being delayed! At this point I wold even move in without our bedroom being done because I just want to get out of there! At the same token I would absolutely keep on top of our room getting done! They are supposed to be starting tomorrow! Please pray that it happens!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Sep 07 2010 9:55:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  04:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Sarita, I used wool, mostly. Jessica was living in Italy at the time and she would go to the market and buy GORGEOUS Italian and Turkish wool yarns. They were PERFECT for soakers! I loved working with them. She sprayed them (the soakers) with lanolin to make them water resistant. I did make some from wool blends and a couple sets of longies from acrylic, and they were okay, too. But she liked the wool the best. The nicest thing about the acrylics was that she could throw them in the dryer. She did have to use acrylic in the summer for her little girl as she had a lot of skin problems and the heat made the wool cause rashes.
That's ashame about the sheep. We were very careful to get ours up here and settled before it got too hot. Sometimes life gives us hard lessons.
Monica, I will say extra special prayers for you today. And you, too, Angie.
Have a lovely day, all.

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  08:21:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Angie, I can sympathize with you so much. Hang in there - it is soooo worth it. Pregnancy did not agree with me at all, but I eagerly went through it three times! You can't imagine how much you will love that little person, and how quickly all the trouble will fade from your memory.

Speaking of kids, my 12 year old played his first football game ever last night! Even though the players were all 7th graders, it really reminded me of t-ball - though I would NEVER tell him that. Avery and I went on to the suburban after the game because we had enough of sitting in the rain, and Stan and Ethan came walking up after the coach released them, and ladies, I was struck at how mature my "little" boy looked. sniff. I guess every mom goes through the phase of finding it hard that they are growing up.

Well, the c-section cow apparently has cancer. We have another round of vet bills to prove it. She is back home while we decide what to do. Please don't think awful of us, but there is a tiger rescue center a couple of hours from here, and we are thinking maybe instead of having to pay for a back hoe to bury an 1100 pound cow when we put her down, we may donate her to them, plus it will help out other animals. At least we will get a tax credit. Ugh. I hate this part of farming.

On a brighter note, IT IS RAINING!!! A nice soft rain that will have time to soak in. We need it. Our front yard actually had about an inch wide crack that ran for about 30 feet because the ground is so dry. We were joking that we had developed a fault line. The sheep dogs are a mess. I have never seen two dirtier dogs, and they are so happy!

Sheri and Monica ~ It will get better! Keep looking up, things are bound to improve!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  09:07:18 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies

Oh Lori I feel for what you are having to go thru-no one will ever think badly of you - in fact you are at least providing meals for others while putting you sweet one out of her pain. It is never a easy time and I agree this is what makes our way of life not such a bowl of cherries as most folks think. We have to make decissions that will be with us forever - we do our best and know that others know exactly what we are going through. My arms are around you and hope to take some of the pain away.

I wished it was raining here. The FourMile Fire is still out of control here in Boulder and several of my friends have lost everything. I have my farm on list again to take animals in if need be - this is always a tense time. It is so dry out here that we all hold our breath that each day some moisture might come before a fire would start.

I moved Rasputin over to the girls for breeding - you can read more about it and see him at my blog. He is so incredible that I am thrilled that his offspring will grace this farm next year.

Like everyone else I am working hard at stay focused a positive - hard to do of late but I guess it would not be called a test if it did not pull us out of our comfort zone. Patience is thin but if we all support each other we have more then most. Last night while I heard of all those who in a flash lost everything I gave thanks that I had so much to worry over - I hope you ladies know that your always in my prayers and heart, stay strong we have much to give thanks for.

Have a wonderful, safe day - talk with you all later.

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  12:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, Sorry to hear about your friends sheep! That would be the hard part for me with having animals!

Lori, I am so sorry to hear about your cow! I don't think it's terrible if you donate her to the rescue! Sometimes you just have to make hard decisions!

Grace, I am so sorry to hear about your friends! Is there anything we can do to help! I keep seeing about the fires and praying they don't come near you! You are always in my prayers and heart too!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  12:37:18 PM  Show Profile
Monica - Pray for RAIN - big time rain. We are getting a tiny sprinkle at the farm but Big Rain is needed. I am far away from the fire but we have been on High Fire Warnings for about a week now down here... If it is not blizzards, it is fires or some other Mother Nature issue but at least I still feel safer out here then living in an apartment building where you are at the will of others.

Sarita I just got caught up about the sheep - how horrible!! I agree it is the wrong time of the year to have shows - I remember several sheep over the year dyeing at out county fair because of the heat and stress. Another reason why we stopped showing.

I am not sure if you gals are interested but I posted a story about one of my alpaca boys on the blog - it is under Purple Haze there is a fiber batt showing on the posting. I must admit I cried thru the typing of the posting - even after a couple of years I still have a hard time sharing about Juno but I think it shows why we all do what we do and I know I am a better person for knowing him.

Keep your heads high and please pray for rain!!!

Grace Gerber

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page