Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 How do you keep in touch with others?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic How do you keep in touch with others? Next Topic
Page: of 2

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  6:59:36 PM  Show Profile
I was just thinking about my sister. She recently moved to Alabama and I truly do miss her. There are times we talk on the phone or text each other but I write her old fashioned letters. She loves to get them through the mail and looks forward to hearing from me. I know that is not the popular way people communicate now but it is such a personal way to get your feelings and thoughts across to someone. I think it adds a little something special that you just cannot get with social media.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  7:04:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lori, I too, write personal letters, nothing compares to them! I truly feel they are healing and therapeutic to both sides, the one who sits down to write it and the one who receives it to cherish! While I oblige the technology age, mostly because I have too, I still cherish and choose the handwritten letter! Something so loving and nostalgic about it as well! I'm glad to know there's one more person out there in the world who feels the same! XO

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  7:38:31 PM  Show Profile
I agree April. When I am writing to her it makes me feel closer to her somehow. It also makes her feel special when she sees that I have taken the time to write. She is a collage professor and feels that writing letters brings a person closer to the one they are writing. I believe that is true

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  08:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Because of the swaps and the reading of posts here I sent everyone I love a letter with tea or treat! It was a big hit and the personal feeling of a letter is unmatched! I'm hoping to keep up with the sending and sharing! Lori Beck I've really enjoyed your posts and sharing! All of the ladies here are very talented in thier own ways but more than that they share! Thanks for your posts and the time it takes to make a difference in my day!

Farmgirl#7588 Fishgirl Farm Chapter member.
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2019 :  11:00:06 AM  Show Profile
MJF is keeping me in touch. Since I retired most of my friends have passed on or faded away I have one good friend; we visit a couple times a month to sew or craft. I was on Mary Janes Farm eleven or twelve years ago until health and family issues arose. I am so happy to rediscover MJF; it helps me feel part of a larger world again.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2019 :  5:11:43 PM  Show Profile
When I was much younger, MUCH, we traveled a lot and even as a teenager I wrote letters to friends I had left behind. Of course over time we grow up, go to college or get married and letters stop. But then you travel and move a lot due to the military and a whole new group of friends AND family are now new recipients of my letters and cards! Of course, time goes by, we age, kids grow up and leave and friends begin to pass and fade as Judith gently put it. Letters and cards become less and less. I have 2 friends from over 30 years I write but for a while that was it.....until MaryJane. I've been so blessed by a couple of farm sisters on here! We write regularly or send cards and I CHERISH every letter or card I get. I've become so close to one sister in particular who blesses me more than she will ever know! I love writing but especially having someone who writes me too! I usually get my grand daughter to write out all her thank yous and mail them out. I hope she will keep the practice continuing in her family!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic How do you keep in touch with others? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page