Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  08:32:11 AM  Show Profile
While reading the new MJF magazine (I just picked it up at the post office about 1/2 an hour ago and had to take some time to flip through it!), a thought popped into my head. Wouldn't it be fun to create a cookbook comprised of recipes submitted by all of us?

A couple of years ago, I put one together for my family reunion, and it was a huge hit. But, with a larger group, we could have one professionaly done. There's a company located about 45 minutes from me who does a LOT of cookbooks for different groups all over the country, and they offer VERY reasonable prices.

I'd be happy to spearhead this project, but it would be great if we could put together some kind of committee.

What do you all think?

*Heather*

www.summerstead.blogspot.com
www.summerstead.etsy.com

Edited by - Summerstead on Sep 19 2008 11:28:57 AM

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  08:34:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather,
The farmgirls did a great cookbook last year. You might inquire and see if there are any still available. It has some very good recipes in it.
Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  10:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Heather (Summerstead), I think it's a great idea - and obviously someone else did too. Maybe there could be a second edition for those of us who weren't able to contribute to the first one. My plate is full at the moment but I'm here for moral support! Thanks for having such a willing heart to lead the charge. You have true farmgirl spirit! And if I didn't get to formally welcome you, it's good to have you here, farmgirlfriend!

Heather (doglady), was the cookbook available for sale with the other products or available to farmgirls only?

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  10:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I would like to contribute...I also was unaware of the last farmgirl cookbook...does anyone know who organized it and how we could order one??

www.sundariyoga.com
http://yogifarmgirl.blogspot.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5377937

Farmgirl Sister # 285
Sister on the Fly #1002
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  10:52:53 AM  Show Profile
I believe it was available to farmgirls. I can't remember who handled all of the details I think it may have been someone at the farm. I think it may have been Diane (Daisyfarm)

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  11:21:32 AM  Show Profile
I think I came in just as it was offered for sale. I would love to contribute. I'm not sure how we would organize on line but I did do a cookbook here to raise money for our school choir one year and it was a big hit. I ended up being the only one who worked on it and I had to really pester people for recipes. But once I got it all put together and sent it off to the company it was real easy after that. I don't know that a committee would be necessary, you just need people to submit recipes and then someone to put it all together.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  11:28:25 AM  Show Profile
I ordered a free cookbook kit from Morris Press, but will wait a few weeks to see how many people are interested in contributing and to make sure we would have enough people who will order one before I do too much with it.

I am more than willing to put the cookbook together. My reason for putting a committee together would be to help decide what kind of book (softcover, hardcover bound, or 3-ring binder style), help decide on divider specifics (color or b&w, custom or stock, tabs or no tabs), decide on a cover, things like that.

*Heather*

www.summerstead.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  12:50:45 PM  Show Profile
It WOULD be fun to have a second edition farmgirl cookbook. I would ask Diane for tips on how things went last time if I were you. She did a wonderful job on the last one. (softcover with spiral binding and original artwork for the cover) She would be alot of help I bet. I bet we would all love to contribute recipes.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  1:11:49 PM  Show Profile
I would love to be apart of a second edition cookbook! Cooking's my game! Count me in!
Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  09:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Heather, it's Karen again. My time lately has been monopolized by the Heirloom Mavens so I'm just getting to check back in now. We've just started a recipe thread in the MJ's Heirloom Mavens henhouse. (It's brand spanking new - as in less than an hour old.) We're going to post recipes that are healthy, organic, heirloom (as in veggies, fruits, etc. and/or handed down through generations). Maybe they could be incorporated into the cookbook, along with tips to eat healthier.

What do you think?

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  10:44:27 AM  Show Profile
Karen - That sounds great!

*Heather*

www.summerstead.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  11:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Sounds great!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  11:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Annika's posted a wonderful soup recipe already that I'm going to make for supper (so you know it's easy if I'm making it!). As soon as I find my spinach pesto recipe I'll put it on the thread. Keep watching - the mavens tend to go like wildfire at times!

Come join us.....................

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  11:54:30 AM  Show Profile
Heather...welcome and what a great idea! I will help you in whatever way I can...just say the word! I would alos like to know if we can still get the other cookbook? Does anyone know?

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  12:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Hi Heather, I was just thinking this morning what a great idea a cookbook would be...maybe with some "farm" pictures in it as well. I'd love to contribute and help out if needed!

Missy
Fargirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  12:25:27 PM  Show Profile
I don't know how I missed this thread! Yes, I did the first recipe book and I have 14 copies left if anyone would still like one. I would have to get new postal rates, the cost of the book was $15 I think, maybe less but not more...I'll have to see if I still have the invoices.
I'll gladly help anyone that wants to take on a second edition. Julie may take on the artwork again if she's not too busy...she did a fabulous cover and section dividers. Heather (or anyone else that wants to take on the project), you can email me daisyfarm@shaw.ca and I'll tell you how I did it and maybe a few tips to make it easier the second time around.

Di on VI
Farmgirl Sister #73
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  1:04:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey guys! I did the artwork for the last cookbook and Daisyfarm did the printing. I would be interested in organizing a second cookbook if there is enough interst.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  1:50:42 PM  Show Profile
Well....we should have known!!! This is great...I'm ordering the first one and want to be involved with this second one too! How fun is this? And did you realize that the abbreviation for Arkansas is AR and then if you just add a T it spells...ART!!!!!!
LOL! I know...I am weird and have a very "exotic" sense of humor....I just had some ice cream so I should be okay again in a little while.

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  2:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Sam you are so goofy!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  4:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Sign me up for a copy of the 1st edition! Sending you an e-mail now, Diane

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  4:51:09 PM  Show Profile
Sounds great to me...I would like to contribute also..have a wonderful Farmhouse Bread recipe....

Farmgirl Sister #368 Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....we can't help it! ;)
froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  4:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Sounds great to me....I have a wonderful "Farmhouse Bread" Recipe that is out of this world(of course!)....

Farmgirl Sister #368
froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  5:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh...Terri...now I have to wait for the bread recipe....why did you have to bring it up.....yummo!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  9:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Diane, I would love to get the first edition cookbook! Please e-mail me if you have any left!
melissa1733@yahoo.com

Missy
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  07:25:57 AM  Show Profile
Diane,
I would also love a copy of the first cookbook. Should I email you?

I would like to help with the next one. I am not the best with the computer but I am willing to help in any way I can.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  10:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
I have some recipes that I would contribute as well. Nothing better than good farm cooking!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Farmgirl Cookbook Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page