Page: of 217

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:28:07 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
TS, I would love to stay in your drafty old farmhouse! Until this past week I wasn't planning on traveling out there. The more this group ramps up, the more I feel the need to be there. I think something big is going to be happening with this group at the BBB and I sure don't want to miss it. Thank you so much for the invitation! Will your family be up for the invasion or will they be staying at a hotel that weekend???

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Annika, whadja get? whadja get???

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
hehehe. My kids are all grown and flown. Just my hubby and me. He'll just go fishing. I have two guest rooms, one has a double bed and a crib and the other has a double bed and a daybed that makes out into to single beds, don't know how comfy they would be for an adult, but I might have a set of bunk beds instead of that by then. So I could possibly house four adults. I also have a tree house that could sleep two pretty comfy and a whole yard that tents or rvs could set up, but still, only one bathroom,lol. Bring yo self on up here girl!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
And I was excited about getting satellite internet for Christmas! This smokes that present!!! But, girls, lookout when we get it because I'll be a posting fool by then, cooped up in the house, nothing to do but chat............Katie, bar the henhouse door!

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:44:55 PM  Show Profile
Two of my books came today and I'm super fantabulously excited about them! I got Gardening with Heirloom seeds, by Lynn Coulter and Seed to Seed by Suzanne Ashworth, both great books so far.
So glad that you girls are planning on coming out for BBB! Can't wait to meet you.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Duh, Annika, I forgot you live right in the heart of MaryJane Country! It just keeps getting better and better! And let me know what you think of those books so I know which to get first. I was thinking of "Seed to Seed" but I'll wait for your review.

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Sep 20 2008 2:48:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
It'll be fun that's for sure, Annika and Amy Grace are really close to me too. I can't wait until our henhouse is set up!
Okay Annika, what did you get?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Sorry for the slow post! Save something for the bookclub girl,lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
How many pages have we posted since....what was her name......oh, yea, Dawn, went on "vacation?" Let's go for 10 and make her work when she gets back. (Of course we all know she's secretly reading and not posting throughout the day..............)

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  2:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
hehehe, you KNOW she is! She's probably got "can't post syndrome",lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  3:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
We're starting a whole new Maven lingo: PMJ, CPS, HMA (Heirloom Maven Addiction)......

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  4:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You ladies crack me up!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  4:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Teresa Sue, you've got my creative juices flowin'. Since we're going to be growing these healthy vegetables/fruit/herbs/meat, how about if we include a recipe or two on our brochure? Something seasonal and it would be great if one them was a raw foods recipe.

Bonus Info: Enzymes are crucial to food digestion but we them we cook our foods at high temperatures and/or for long periods of time, we kill them.

"Food enzymes are found in raw foods foods that have not been wet-cooked at 118 degrees Fahrenheit or beyond, or dry-cooked at about 150 degrees Fahrenheit or beyond. At and beyond these temperatures, food enzymes are deactivated and are no longer useful to your health.

A practical general rule of thumb to determine if what you are eating has been cooked at a temperature that has deactivated food enzymes is this:

If you can eat wet or dry food at its highest temperature (while being cooked) without burning yourself, then food enzymes are active and can help your health."
http://chetday.com/foodenzymes.htm

I'm still working on this as I did not grow up a veggie-lover. The older I get, the more I learn - usually from mistakes I made when I was young and knew what to do but didn't. Someone on this thread has a tag line that goes something like "You can't change the past but you can create a new future." There's a lot of work ahead of us and I want to be healthy enough to do it for the next 50 years. I'll be 102 but hey, as long as I'm healthy, I'll still be there with ya!

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  4:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
oh yes, we'll have to share reciepes. In fact I was going to challenge our Mavens: What favorite reciepes does you family have that while you love it, is it really bad for you(I have a killer carmael corn reciepe, but it has HFCS in it), can you give it up or is there someway you can make it healthy?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  4:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Oh, I saw Miss Dawn posting on another site, maybe she has deserted us, or maybe she's sick of us,lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  4:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
I knew she couldn't stay away! She needs to get her flying fingers over here!

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:06:49 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Mavens, I am signing off for the rest of the weekend. Have a great one and I expect to see 4 more pages when I sign on Monday morning.

Love all ya girls, newbies and oldies!

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:17:00 PM  Show Profile
Wow am I out of the loop - you guys have such great ideas. It is fabulous to log back on and read everything. My son was monopolizing the computer last night so I didn't get on at all - just got home from work and thought I better catch up. I love all the ideas, can't wait to hear book reviews from Annika. I just checked out a book called Eat More Dirt from the library today - looks like a good one, from the Organic Gardening people. Also a memoir by a family who lived like a family would have 100 years ago for one year, both inspiring. I think my motivation for this endeavor comes from a lot of things - wanting to garden like my grandparents, being fed up with the whole industrial food chain, basic distrust of the government and corporations having my best interest at heart (yeah right). I have worked in the organic food business for most of the last 20 years and have watched it really become an industry, on the same model as conventional food. This (what we're doing) is the new movement, wanting to take back farming for the people - very exciting.
Oh and Dawn I think you and I must be about the same age - I so remember the Wonder Twins, form of....a bucket of water:)
Teresa Sue and Annika let's try and get together sometime this fall - I agree about fall being a good time for motivation, I call it "fall brain" all of a sudden I get super organized, motivated, efficient, you name it.
Talk to you all soon
Amy Grace

Oh and I love the book club idea too - I love to read

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Sep 20 2008 5:17:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
So glad to hear from you Amy Grace. We really do have quite the new movement going on. When Wal-Mart started carrying Organic, I was almost sick to my stomach. It's like the greedy money mongers have got to get their paws on everything good and sully it. What we're are trying to do here has nothing to do with corporate America! Who wants two week old shipped in produce? Even if it is organic, not me. Eat seasonaly, Eat local. Better yet, eat out of your own garden!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
From the post above, Dawn must be 52. I'm 53, and I believe Annika said she was in her late forties, can't remember how late,lol. How bout the rest of you Mavens?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:45:14 PM  Show Profile
Holy crap! You caught me! I am laughing so hard I am crying! Karen where do you come up with this stuff? You've definitely been talking to me too much! My stupid humor is rubbing off... (this is see-we-us!)
Yeah, I posted a little last night. I didnt want other threads to think I was a snob... I'd NEVER desert my girls! Are ya'll nuts?
TS: I will email you the address soon regarding the bracelet. Just know that they will be $12 total, with the $10 going in the fund.
I think we should save the money for printing projects. Oh, if someone wants to look at bumper stickers, brochures etc, I love this site: www.vistaprint.com
If anyone wants information on travel/planes tic, my BF from high school owns a travel agency: its:www.liottitavel.com. I think. I will email her to see if I cant hitch a flight to Missouri and pick up Karen & whoever else, and then westward ho! Maybe she will cut us a group rate...
TS: Your hubby is GONNA have to leave when we all get there, its gonna be nuts! One huge big girl pj party!

I think with Ruth to the group we are up to 18 members:
Ruth
Rene Prosser
Mary Jo
Annika
Dairy Sue
Linda Ellen
Clux64
Ms. Lilly
Karen (livingwell4u)
City Chick
Alee
Sandra
Amy Grace
Teresa Sue
Homespun Livin
TabithaLenox
FarmallGal (Lora)
Dawn (me...)
Pretty cool for just over a week old huh? I do miss being on here 24/7. I will check my other threads and check back here in a few... BEHAVE!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:46:30 PM  Show Profile
Um.... I'm 37. thanks Teresa. thanks alot. ROFL!

Dawn #279

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:50:33 PM  Show Profile
Dawn - I am 38 so yeah we both watched the Wonder Twins.
Teresa Sue - yeah Walmart is like the antithesis of organic, but there it is. There are many "organic" companies that are actually using a factory farm model, almost all of the organic food companies are owned by conglomorates, for instance Smucker's owns R.W. Knudsen and Santa Cruz organics. People think they are making a different choice and the money is all going to the same place anyway bleah!!
Bulk foods, farmer's markets and grow your own!!!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Sep 20 2008 5:51:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  6:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, Smuckers owns a lot. I live about 30 minutes away form the HQ and i used to have 2-3 of that clan in the salon for treatments. Nicest people int he world...but they are like any other BIG company.... Walmart is another thing I am starting to get irritated with. I hate dominance! that is the ONLY place in my hometown to shop. We have no other options and it makes me sick. What do you guys think of our new list? If nampafarmgirl signs up we'll be at 19. And Lora, omg, I am so sorry that I wrote Farmallgal. I stand corrected, its FarmallChick. No one has answered me on my job, is it just organizing you girls? I feel like you all have contributed so much and I've just sat here and chatted....

A BIG WARM, FUZZY, MAVEN WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES TO THIS THREAD! WE ARE OVERJOYED TO HAVE YOU HERE!

Been thinking a lot of a gathering here in Ohio. I want for some of you west coast girls to be able to come out. Would June be too close to BBB? Should I do May? Or should I just plow forward with my fall idea? Let me know as I want to accommodate ya'll. I am wanting to have a heirloom starter sale, a trunk show, and of course a farm girl round up, complete with good food and education!
Let me know your thoughts.... I simply cannot wait for BBB....am emailing about tickets now.

Dawn #279

Edited by - deeredawn on Sep 20 2008 6:19:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  6:44:31 PM  Show Profile
are you only counting the girls that are actually joined up on the sisterhood? or ?? I guess I misunderstood.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page