Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Dropping in with a big Howdy from SW Idaho!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Dropping in with a big Howdy from SW Idaho!! Next Topic  

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  6:44:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone!
I figured it was about time I stopped in to introduce myself instead of just floating through again. I am an urban homesteader in the Treasure Valley of Idaho. I have a huge backyard that is gradually becoming my little "farm". I have only been here for a couple years so there is still much that I want to do. I already have a few fruit trees and some of the yard in garden. On the agenda for next year is to expand the garden, get some chickens, and hopefully get my root cellar fixed up! I grew up along the Snake River and recently moved back home. My kids are both grown and on their own and "he" found a new model so there was no need for me to stay in his neck-of-the-woods. I grew up helping my dad in the barn with the milk cows and helping in the garden every summer as well as helping mom can everything she could get her hands on. I have always wanted to homestead and dreamed of having a few acres out in the country, although it hasn't happened quite like that, I am having fun learning how I can still do many of the things I want to even within city limits. Many of the pasttimes that are talked about here, I have or am already doing, so I feel a definite kinship! But there is still so much more I want to learn. I have been having lots of fun reading the many postings (dishes will wait, right!!) I am definitely looking forward to "meeting" ya'll here.

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  7:02:52 PM  Show Profile
Howdy and welcome from Texas Mary! I started my little farm just like that-a little garden here, a few trees there, a chicken coop added later and suddenly I was a real farm girl again!
I'm so glad you found us. I know you'll fit right in :)
~kate

"You only have what you give...""

www.xanga.com/k8tthelate
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  9:22:15 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Mary!! You arn't too very far from me...only 1/2 a state away, right??
I love Idaho and have been through Caldwell years ago. I lived in McCall for almost 2 years (quite awhile ago) Sounds like you will fit right in here!! Welcome!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  9:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
welcome, mary, from teh last frontier! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Alseafarmgal
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Rebecca
Alsea OR
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  10:11:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mary,

A really big welcome from Oregon. I'm new here also. We recently acquired a 10 acre
farm, but we're not yet living there full time. We have started a small garden and are raising 12 chickens. We hope to have the mobile set up before the end of summer.

Sounds like you'll fit right in here at the farm....great bunch of gals.

Have a great day.

Becky

"Live your Dreams"

www.renfrophotography.com
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  04:29:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, I live in Kentucky I moved here four years ago from Idaho City Idaho. Glad to meet you. Hopefullly you will get to meet up with the Idaho City gang. (my good friends) Lisa Marie, Rose , LisaEnjoy the forum

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  05:01:52 AM  Show Profile
hi Buffalo Mary (LOVE your 'handle'!) . .and i love your spirit that you can have a farmgirl heart no matter where you live. look forward to lots more of your stories! xo, frannie

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  06:06:43 AM  Show Profile
A big Georgia welcome goes out to you, so glad you joined us. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  07:48:13 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from the other end of the country, you are definitely a farmgirl, and you are going to love this forum...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  08:01:57 AM  Show Profile
Wow!! I can't begin to tell everyone how great it was to see all the warm welcomes in my email this morning! Thank you so very much for the big welcome! It definitely warms my heart!!

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  10:06:26 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Buffalo Mary! You will love it here and find great kinship.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  07:43:58 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Washington, Mary! Know you'll enjoy it here. Look forward to getting to know you better. I have 2 kidlets that have flown the coop too! It's kind of a fun time in life...time to get back to doing some things you've but on the back burner while raising them up.

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  11:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Mary,
Welcome. I am from WA State as well.. glad you're here!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

kelliraeb
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

kelli
Michigan
29 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  10:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Send kelliraeb a Yahoo! Message
Welcome from Michigan! I am a wanna be (hopefully soon to be) farmgirl who got misplaced into the suburbs... My neighbors would have a fit if I brought a chicken into my yard, and township ordinances prohibit it unless you have six or more acres of property. We only have two acres. We have put a bid on a small house with almost 7 acres across town and are hoping that we hear good news soon! Looking forward to sharing with you

Kelli
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  10:31:23 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Mary from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky. Sounds like you are a determined lady who knows what she wants. Go Get It!

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

MarySueK
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Susan
Richland WA
96 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  11:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Mary and Welcome!
We'll yell "hi" as we drive by tomorrow - going from Richland WA to Salt Lake City.
Sue in Richland, WA
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  4:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Mary,
Welcome to the farm. I like how you are turning your backyard into your mini farm. Good for you.
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  07:08:11 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Mary! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Dropping in with a big Howdy from SW Idaho!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page