Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 A question about merit badges
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic A question about merit badges Next Topic  

Cheekyredhead
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Christine
Lansdale PA
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  10:55:28 AM  Show Profile
I bought my membership yesterday but I've been lurking for a lot longer. My question is if I don't have my Farmgirl unique number yet can I still apply for a merit badge or should I just wait?

TTFN
Cheeky

Imagine the view from the top of your dreams

www.getaclew.blogspot.com

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  12:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Cheeky!

We processed your order yesterday (thank you!), and your badge and packet will be mailed from the farm today. Your official Sisterhood online badge symbol should appear some time this week. It would be best to wait until you get your packet in the mail before applying for other merit badges.

Thanks again, and enjoy!

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4

You never know what each day will bring, so laugh, love, sing.
Go to Top of Page

Cheekyredhead
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Christine
Lansdale PA
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  12:37:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Sunny!

TTFN

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  12:48:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Christine! Welcome!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  2:34:30 PM  Show Profile
What you might want to do (unless you've already done this or don't want to) is print off all the badges and their requirements. Someone mentioned this in another post and I thought it was a good idea. She put them all in a binder with pockets for other info so all her "sisterhood" stuff was altogether. It might give you something to do while waiting for your packet. I put mine in a binder today and even have a special place where my binder and my MJ books and mags are so I always know where they are. (If you saw my house you would realize why that is important.LOL!)
Actually..the house and my life are getting more and more organized and I think it's because I want to have more time to work on my badges etc. and that's a good thing! I have a feeling there are going to be more badges as time goes by too so hopefully I will be able to stay on top of all this...SO EXCITING...SO FUN... Welcome to the sisterhood Christine!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  2:39:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie! I totally spaced out until after I hit "submit"....hows things in Russell...are you and your hubby having a good summer? Have you gotten lots of badges...from your number it looks like you are one of the charter members! You probably have all of them already!
Good to see/talk with you again..it's starting to get pretty warm down here but actually the humidity isn't too bad so far what do you think? You've been in AR longer than I have. Talk you later!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Cheekyredhead
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Christine
Lansdale PA
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  4:04:13 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the advice Sam. I keep a blog and that's where I'm going to keep a record of what I'm doing until I can start applying for the badges. I'm just so excited about all this and I've got some time to kill right now and don't know how long thats going to last.

TTFN
Cheeky

Go to Top of Page

NadKnitBlog
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Nadine
Nalbach Saarland
Germany
72 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  02:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Send NadKnitBlog an AOL message
I got my packet this week and also decided to start a nice folder for everything- to keep it in one place. And I even did something for my first badge!!!!

Nadine is Farmgirl Sister #262 (the only one in Europe so far!) and she blogs at http://nadsknittingblog.blogspot.com/ and knits on Ravelry as Nadknitblog and on Plurk she is NadKnitBlog too!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  08:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Yea! I love all the new gals in the sisterhood and we are looking forward to seeing what you are all doing. Mike Wilson (the videographer) and I cannot wait to get started filming those that are earning merit badges to post on the MaryJanes One~Room school house.... coming soon! This is where you.. the merit badge owner can show others how and what you did to earn your badge.. now how cool is that?

Sandra is right~ I did do that, and I hope you gals will too. I find it is easy access and fun to show family and friends all we are up to....I highlight all my "steps" which help as well.. then I apply when I am done.. oh I also keep my journal with this binder.... Would be fun to see pictures of everyones binder too....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

chickabella
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

D. A.
Austin... ish, Texas
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  4:32:48 PM  Show Profile
I love the idea of a binder for the projects, will get mine started now. The whole merit badges thing reminds me of Girl Scouts... but for grownups!

Farm blog: http://farmnatters.blogspot.com
Tips blog: http://allingoodhealth.blogspot.com
Heart of Texas Farmgirls Chapter: www.maryjanesfarm.org/HenHouseSnitz/default.asp?CAT_ID=46
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #275
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  4:58:08 PM  Show Profile
Yes! Renee..it was you....great idea and thank you! And I too highlight the steps...of course I highlight EVERYTHING....my ex used to say my gravestone would be "highlighted"....that gravestone comment made me a little uneasy so I moved down here to AR! (LOL!) Just kidding...I just learned to take pics and post them so maybe I'll start one with a picture of mine...none too fancy but I keep it on an old little kids school chair with all my MJ books etc; so I always know where they all are!
I was beginning to feel "purposeless" in my retirement but then MJ came along and I won't live enough lifetimes now to do all that I want to do.....eternal thanks to all of you!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic A question about merit badges Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page