Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  1:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Linda Pyle has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Going Green badge!

"I made lye soap for the first time. I have wanted to make my own soap for so long and from reading MaryJane's Farmgirl Connection forum I have been inspired by other farmgirls to roll up the sleeves and do it. I'm so excited about this.

I started with a simple beginners recipe, using olive oil, added some lavender oil, and lavender buds sprinkled on top from my herb garden.

This is just a start. I have plans for other uses of herbs to be added to the soaps and other types of cleaners to make my homestead as natural as I can get, free of chemicals.

It turned out beautiful. My DH thought it was candy and I had to keep him from it.

It's curing and I can't wait to try it out in a few weeks.

I want to thank MaryJane and all the farmgirls that take on projects that inspire others, plus all the soapmakers that have given some wonderful advice and links. I'm on a soap roll now : )"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  4:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Linda Pyle has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an intermediate level "Out There" Women badge!

"MaryJane's Outpost is the reason I have spent the 6th weekend out in my very own Outpost. My plan is to go as far into the winter as I can stand. A campout in the snow.

It all started with a magazine I had never seen on the bookshelves before, MaryJanesFarm. I was hooked from the get-go. The first issue I got was June and July.

Went and checked out her website, fell in love with the whole Outpost idea. So I put up a dry rot screen tent in our front yard. It was good for a while until I just had this wanting for a vintage trailer.

And what do you know, my sister gave me her vintage popup. I put it up in our already camp that just had a firepit, chairs and an outhouse.

I set out to make this a real Outpost in the woods. A home away from home, but still at home.

I even call it the Outpost. Joined the sisterhood and having an awesome time, in the forum and my Outpost.

It now has the vintage popup trailer, a chuckwagon that was inspired by MJ's magazine, and am building a greenhouse with cattle fence. I used a hog fence, shaped it like a covered wagon, added big wagon wheels and a covered canvas top. I have all my cowboy pots and pans, iron fryin' pans, lanterns and even an apron (inspired by Mary Jane) hanging.

My newest project is the bathhouse, from MJ Outpost book 'Unleashing Your Inner Wild'. I found an oval galvanized tub for now until I get the claw iron tub from over at moms out of the woods. She is 82 and doesn't want to bathe in the woods, lol.

Built a frame for draping white sheets, just in case someone comes walking up in the woods. Added some other girly things for bathing in the woods. Oh and a big ol' coffee pot of wildflowers.

But you know the best part of all this? I'm going back to doing things I use to do when in my twenties. I loved it then and I love it now and my grandgirls had a blast spending the night in grandma's Outpost. We even did hand shadows from your book on the tent's wall. They tried and giggled so much. I'm a happy grandma camper : )

I have been inspired further still to make a wall tent with an iron bed at the Outpost, too, like the B&B on MaryJanesFarm. It is just beautiful.

All this just keeps getting better. Thank you, MaryJane!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  5:03:50 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Piggott has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Self-sufficiency badge!

"I grew my own herbs this summer. Basil, marjoram, sage, thyme, oregano, chamomile, spearmint, and lemon balm. I harvested them and used them fresh for soups and salads. Yummy! I also put some in these great shallow baskets I found at the flea market. After they dried I put them in zip bags. I also created almost every one of the spice blends. My favorites are the Caribbean and Mexican. I put them in small jam jars and they are waiting for Christmas gifts.

I loved growing and harvesting my own spices. They taste so much better and definitely do not cost near as much. I can hardly wait to give away the spice blends. Friends and family will be pleasantly surprised!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  5:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Piggott has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Backyard Farmer badge!

"I bought three pullets and named them Nugget, Ms Red Feathers, and Shadow. I started them in the house until they had to go outside. They figured out how to escape from the coop and head straight for the garden!!

They started giving eggs a few weeks ago and they are delicious!!! They still eat from the garden and love it. I even left my tomato plants in the ground after the fruit was gone just so they could enjoy their favorite treat!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  5:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Piggott has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge!

"I always had a few stray buttons in the sewing box, so I gathered them up and put them in a jar - topped with a pincushion!!! I couldn't believe that I had 50 or so to start with.

This last weekend I raided Grama's button tin. She let me have all of her unknowns. My favorite one is from Grampa's winter coat. He's been gone for awhile now, but I recognized that one right away!! Funny how a little button can stir up memories!!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  5:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Diana Kelewae has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge!

"I have two jars of buttons. One is an old pickle jar filled with vintage buttons, and the other is a mason jar that has new mostly whimsical buttons that caught my eye."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  5:29:53 PM  Show Profile
Diana Kelewae has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level Aprons badge!

"This is my first attempt at sewing an apron. I chose the full length one to sew up first because I wanted an apron I could use while working in my garden.

When I finished the apron, it was too long and hung past my knees! So, I ended up shortening the length and now it fits just fine."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  5:02:50 PM  Show Profile
Gail Butler has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Self-sufficiency badge!

"This summer I grew organic Rutger's tomatoes - great for canning because the skins are soft and the tomatoes can be canned with skins on for extra fiber and substance. I canned them for winter use and will also make tomato sauce for freezing. I also grew yellow tomatoes - round and about the size of golf balls. I wish I knew the variety, but I don't. The seeds were given to me by a friend and I've been growing these "anonymous" heirlooms for about five years - organically of course. They make great fresh salsa which can also be canned for winter use. I now have several jars in my pantry! I also canned some of the yellow tomatoes for winter use, as well in soups and sauces.

I have 28 pints of Rutger's just canned in my pantry and they turned out great! The vines will produce well until the first freeze so plan on canning another batch real soon. Both types of tomatoes turned out beautifully and add their jewel tones to my pantry. It's a beautiful sight and makes me feel good to know that my summer canning fest will provide food for the winter."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  5:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Gail Butler has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth badge!

"I planted a 90% organic and heirloom vegetable garden (except for okra which is a hybrid). The list of heirloom and organic veggies I am growing are:
Rutger's tomatoes
Yellow Tomatoes of unknown variety from handed-down seeds.
Carrots from saved seed (variety forgotten)
Detroit Red beets
Collards
Horno de Corno peppers
Leeks
Utah Valencia Onions
Marketmore Cukes from saved seeds
Black Zucchini
Kentucky Wonder Green Beans (saved seed).
True Gold Corn (seed from Seeds of Change).
Iroquois Cantaloupe (saved seed).
Waltham Butternut Squash (saved seed).
Buttercup Squash (saved seed).
Salsify (saved seed).
Parsnip (saved seed).
Jalapeno Peppers (Seeds of Change)
Yukon Gold Potatoes (Ace)

I used no pesticides. The garden had an earwig problem and I was unable to grow green beans as the bugs would eat the sprouting plants. Libbie Zenger gave me a small flock of three chickens last winter and early this spring I turned them loose in my kitchen garden. Green beans have done great as have most other things I planted. I've frozen several pounds of green beans for winter use."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  5:53:12 PM  Show Profile
Gail Butler has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level Heirlooms Forever! badge.

"I've started more seriously saving seeds for next year's garden. I've always saved a few seeds from squash, green beans, and tomatoes, especially, but am now also saving herb seeds - dill, basil, fennel, lovage, and pot marigold. Wildflower seeds I'm saving are flax, bachelor's buttons, larkspur, penstemon, and sunflowers.

So far so good. I will throw some seeds out in very early spring of 2009 and some may go out this Autumn. I'm testing to see which season is best."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  12:53:31 PM  Show Profile
Susan Arkles has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an intermediate level Heirlooms Forever! badge.

"I am a member of Seed Savers and have learned to save seeds from books I have purchased from them.

This year I saved Heirloom seeds from 2 types of lettuce, 2 types of peppers, peas, and am still waiting for the brussels sprouts to go to seed. I also set aside several garlic bulbs to break apart and plant this fall for next years crop. All of my garden was planted with heirloom plants.

Some of the veggies did really well and others were disappointing. I'm going to try other types next year. I don't know if it was the weather or the wrong type for our part of the country planted, so will try new varieties next year. I look at my garden as a neverending experiment."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  1:00:28 PM  Show Profile
Susan Arkles has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Pay It Forward badge!

"My husband and I skip 1 lunch per week.

We are in a group called the lunch bunch started by a writer from our local newspaper. Each person or family donated what we would have spent that month on the skipped lunches. This is donated to one of the local food banks in town (there are 6). Each month the food bank changes, so each one gets donations 2 times a year.

So far our group has donated over $50,000. Although I put the date finished as 10/1/2008 this is really an ongoing project."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  1:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Susan Arkles has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge!

"I tossed (recycled) all those pesky plastic containers-who I think reproduce when we aren't looking. I now use canning jars to hold leftovers in the fridge. I don't have any young kids who could break them. You can see what you have so much better and they are easier to wash out-no tomato sauce stains.

I have a lot of space where the containers were, and was able to organize the pantry just in time for the new foods I canned."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  1:14:17 PM  Show Profile
Tanya Yelton has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Little Squirts badge!

"Well, my husband so kindly taught me how to oil all the hinges on our squeaky doors! It was fun to be taught by him, and now the baby won't wake up from her nap when I'm sneaking out the door after she's fallen asleep. My daughter and son helped me wash off the bikes and I gave all the chains a good oiling. Also, they helped me to sand down the garden tools before I oiled them with Linseed Oil. I LOVE this stuff. I also love the fact that I am enjoying learning new things, and showing my children that learning new things is fun! They are learning right along with me, which counts not only for merit badges for my daughter (a farmerette =), but also as homeschooling!

Great!! No more squeaky doors or rusty bike chains. Also, my husband was proud of me for taking care of the garden tools I am normally more careless with. Lots of fun!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  2:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Sharalyn Paetz has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Gaining Ground badge!

"I read several books about raising red worms. The books I read were Worms Eat my Garbage by Mary Appelhoff, The Worm Book: The Complete Guide to Worms in Your Garden by Janet Hogan Taylor and Raising Earthworms for Profit by Earl B. Shields. I then bought 2 ten gallon plastic bins. I drilled draining holes in the bottom and air holes all around the bin just below the lid. I ordered a pound of red worms from a seller on ebay. When the worms arrived, I lined the bottom of my bins with several layers of wet shredded newspaper for the bedding. I dumped in the worms and then added the food scraps I had saved. I then covered the worms and food scraps with another thick layer of wet shredded newspaper and lightly put the lid on my bin.

I kept the bins under my stairs in my basement for several months. When the warm weather came I got careless and started adding too much fruit and banana peels. I started getting fruit flies. I decided to move them to my garage. They have done well there and though I still get a few fruit flies it is not a problem. I empty the bin every 4 months. I dump the bin out onto a black garbage bag, separate the contents into little piles and then pick out the worms and put them in a new bin and put vermicompost into another container for the garden. This might seem like extra work but I like to count the worms and see how they are multiplying. If I think I have too many in one bin i will start another one."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  2:33:26 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Marshall has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an expert level Grow Where You're Planted badge!

"Completed King County Master Gardener Program, have now completed all requirements to complete my internship.

Have planted (and also inherited) many native plants on our farmette. Western Red cedar, oregon grape, evergreen huckelberry, salal, red flowering currant, kinnickinick, salmonberry, etc. Am a certified backyard wildlife habitat for WA state. Completed county extension program in forestry this year.

Found the Kourick book through our library-found it very well done!

Had my chapter over in spring for an organic veggie talk in my garden. Discussed & showed native plants with some interested members at that time.

I also pressed the five native flowers and am going to make them into bookmarks. Photographed a LOT of rare wildflowers in Olympic National Park this summer. I thought we had to do everything on the list in order to apply for a merit badge:->

I LOVE being a master gardener. My clinic has been at the Home Depot in Bellevue. While not my favorite place to go I do feel our service there is very valuable, mainly because we try to get people to go with non-chemical options.

I volunteer at a local demonstration garden, mostly doing veggies which are donated to a local foodbank."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  5:20:04 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue Hoke-House has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth badge!

"I cautiously had a small garden this year. Cautious because I am working two jobs and the area where I wanted to garden hadn't been gardened in several years. In fact it had been part of my sheep pasture. I know that it takes several years to bring a garden to its glory. I didn't have several years because I hoped to be moved to our Idaho property in a couple of years. The thought of putting in all that work and then leaving it bothered me. But not having at least a few vegetables bothered me more.
This piece of ground that I reclaimed from the sheep pasture for a garden was really hard to keep the weeds down. I really had to make a firm decision to just walk away from the Roundup. I remember a university professor who was giving us a lecture saying Roundup was so safe you could drink it. Then he went on to state that vinegar was much more harmful to you. Hmmm. I'd rather make pickeles with vinegar any day. Recently I read that Monsanto can't claim anymore that Roundup is biodegradable like they have been doing for years. I never truly appreciated how much morning glory, button weed, and grass my wooly friends ate.
Keeping it out of the raised bed was pretty easy - continuous, but easy to pull. The surrounding area, not so much. Me and my hoe just could not keep up with the time limits I had with my other responsibilities.

Well, it did pretty much like I expected it to do. It wasn't a garden magazine's perfect garden. Nowhere near! But I would still do it again.
I like raised bed gardening. I didn't want to invest time, money, and labour to make permanent raised beds in this garden. Instead I pulled earth from all sides to make a nice raised bed. I made it as long as a tall cattle panel(16') and four feet wide.
I got out my companion gardening book and planted peas, onions, tomatoes, various peppers, radishes, and lettuces. I also bought a new rhubarb plant from that nursery between Moscow and Pullman - can't remember their name. The rhubarb is Ruby Red and is supposed to keep its red color even when cooked.
I planted my peas on both sides of the cattle panel and I had a fabu crop - on one side anyway, lol. I had misread my companion planting book and on the side that didn't do too well, I planted onions. They don't like each other! I had 3/4 more peas from the non-onion side.
The freak frosts in early summer caught most of my tomatoes and peppers unaware. But I had a few plants that hid under the pea vines and they went on to give me some tomatoes. Not a lot, it just didn't seem to warm up for the poor things.
I got a huge amount of lettuce and radishes, of course, and I even let some of them go to seed so I could experiment with some seed-saving.
Oh, I can't forget my zucchini. I only planted 4 seeds in one hill, thinned it to the best one. Normally one zucchini plant is quite enough. I got the world's only underachieving zucchini. So, it was a treat, not "Oh no, not another zucchini."
Did I raise enough to feed us for the winter? Hardly. It did help keep the flame alive to continue trying for that goal though. I learned to be more careful about an onion's neighbors, lol.
Will I garden here next summer? Just a little. A tomato or two, a few cukes, but most of my time will be at our Idaho place, getting it ready to move to and plant the garden of my dreams.

Reading "Montrose: Life In a Garden" by Nancy Goodwin was a bit of a challenge. It was hard to start, but, once you got into it a bit, it was very interesting. I think the author's use of all the botanical names was a bit difficult for me, as I've never studied botanical plant names before. The only one that really stood out was the Clematis Jackamani. That one is in all the gardening catalogs, lol. Perhaps, the plants she talks about being in a different climate that I wasn't familiar with contributed to not recognizing so many of them. I did enjoy her easy references to other things that contributed to her year in her garden - her staff, cats, friends, and husband and the history of the place and the people who came before her. Nancy Goodwin's complete devotion to her plants and garden humbled me as a gardener."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  5:37:37 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue Hoke-House has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Gaining Ground badge!

"I knew I wanted to have a small garden this summer, so last fall I started a compost pile.
I picked a spot for it and put four straw bales around it to contain it. Well after a couple of weeks I decided I din't like the looks of it and I racked my brain as to what I could use.
Then I remembered the four louvered doors that I had picked up several years ago from a garage sale for $10. I had used them for several things, not quite happy with any of them. I actually considered using them for what they had been made for, concealing the contents of a closet.
Well I thought they would be perfect for a compost pile. The louvers added the perfect ventilation. I used t-posts to set them horizontally. Using the four doors, I made an "E" shaped compost bin.
I started filling it with kitchen scraps, no meat or fats to be included. Then when I cleaned out all my planting pots I put the used potting soil in, too. I gave it a good stir, added some leaves when I had them and continued to add the contents of my compost bucket from the kitchen.

Well, the compost pile grew over the winter, spring, and summer. It amazes me how much two people can throw out, and that was just the composting materials!
I stirred and added as needed. I planted my new rhubarb plant at the end of the compost pile because I figured that it could lap up any goodies that might get away from the main compost pile. It also helped to give the compost pile a drink when I watered the rhubarb. That was a challenge, keeping the compost the right wetness. Not too wet, everything stopped composting and was a gooey mess. Not too dry, everything just stopped. Like everything, it's all in the details. I did learn there is a reason you have a compost pile with three bins, not two. I can see it would be much easier to turn, work, and use the completed compost with three bins. The louvered doors worked for me, but aren't going to stand many seasons before they break down. That's okay, though. When I was reading "Montrose: Life In a Garden" Nancy Goodwin's husband, Craufurd, made two compost bins, each with three sections, out of logs from their property. I'm going to use the same thing when we move to our Idaho property as we have many trees on it and there are always fallen limbs and trees to take care of.
The first spot where I was going to have the compost pile offered up a huge volunteer Roma-type tomato and the permanent compost pile grew a huge squash of some kind. The frost killed them both. I never got to see what kind of squash it was to be, but the foliage was glorious! It was a very well-fed plant indeed."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  2:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge!

"I have been sewing for years and had lots of tools for the kinds of crafts I enjoy. So, I put together kits in plastic containers for each craft theme.

I had a great time putting together a kit for this merit badge. I had to hunt up my safety pin. I'm always using them to hold up my pants. I know some would love to have that problem. hehe"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  2:27:10 PM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge!

"I have been collecting buttons for some time. But, after seeing this section I went on a hunt for vintage ones of all kinds. I only need the rubber button to complete the Expert level.

It has been lots of fun going to yard sales and resale shops putting together my great collection. I haven't counted them, but I'd guess I have almost 500 or more."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:19:37 PM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Crochet badge!

"I have been crocheting since I was 10 years old. My great Aunt Belva taught me. I started out making a small lap cover. Since then I have made several afghans and a few doll dresses. Now, I made the dishcloths, what fun.

I have made 5 dishcloths and sold one and given one as a gift. They are very easy to make. I picked up a book with about 12 different patterns of dishcloths."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge!

"I needed to get rid of a lot of stuff I've collected over the past 20 years. Since 2005 my health has taken a turn I wasn't expecting. Living in Florida, Lyme disease is unknown to 99% of the doctors. I wanted to help my dear husband with my medical expenses so I opened an Ebay store in 2007 called Fun Family Bargains. Then in 2008 we opened an Etsy store.

We have been very pleased with the Ebay sales. But, our Etsy and Jeanpatchbymk is not doing well. It is hard to market with limited funds and energy. But, I have announced both stores in the forum and hope that sales will begin to pick up soon. I even went to other stores on Etsy that I shop with and asked them to support me. I am not a quitter so I will just keep looking for avenues to promote where and when I can."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:53:57 PM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an intermediate level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge!

"I have had business cards made for free through Vista Prints. I put a card in every order that sells on Ebay. I hope that this will encourage people to check out my Etsy store and the Jeanpatch-bymk.com"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  4:02:30 PM  Show Profile
Marsha Jaramillo has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an expert level Entrepreneurial badge!

"I started handing out business cards with online Ebay sales. I have also announced my stores in the forum in hopes some will support my business adventure.

So, far I have not seen any farmgirl support, but know that it takes time and money and interest in my products. I plan to add more items to my handmade store listings over the next few weeks."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  10:52:59 AM  Show Profile
Jessie Yonkovit has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge!

"I took a canning jar and turned it into a pinkeeper! I made a pincushion by sewing a small, round pillow and filling it with sand (from a beach along Lake Michigan). I then glued the pincushion to the top of the canning jar lid and filled the jar with a paper measuring tape, a paper filled with straight pins, safety pins, a pair of embroidery scissors, and a few tiny spools of thread.

I think it turned out really well!"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page