Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  4:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Build It Green Merit Badge!

“Some great ways to decorate while keeping it green! Use recyclable and natural materials as opposed to processed materials. My favorite is to fill your space with plants to make your house look good and to purify and improve air quality. Support local artisans.

I can make subtle changes by changing out the bulbs to LED lights and by opting for non-toxic wall paints.

I have always tried to keep it green, and energy efficient.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  5:00:48 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Furniture Makeover Merit Badge!

“I'm always watching revamping or furniture restoration stuff on YouTube.

I turned the back of an old piano that was going to be trashed into a coat hanger by adding dragonfly hooks and hanging it on the wall. I love it!”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  5:03:25 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Jewelry Making Merit Badge!

“My personal jewelry style is simple. I already have tons of supplies for jewelry making since I am a standard craft supply collector. :/ I have plenty of storage supplies and containers to organize my supplies. Excited to get started making something.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  5:06:10 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Macrame Merit Badge!

“I started and completed a plant hanger. Twisted three-ply cotton is my favorite macrame rope but you can use the single twist, I have even used twine when I needed a quick and easy plant hanger.

Common macrame knots are: square knots, hitches, and loop knot. Love macrame!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  5:07:14 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“Here are the answers to the questions for this badge:

-The Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

-The Constitution defines the law of the U.S. federal government. It outlines the 3 principal branches of the federal government.

-We the People

-The Bill of Rights.

-Speech, religion, press, assembly, and the right to petition the government.

-It declares a complete break with Britain and its King

-Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness

-The right to practice whatever religion you would like.

-The US economic system is Capitalism.

-Rule of law is a principle under which all persons, institutions, and entities are accountable to laws that are: Publicly promulgated. Equally enforced. Independently adjudicated.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  5:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I chose to research Italy - My grandmother is 1st generation American and her parents were born in Italy, I love the culture.

I have been trying to learn Italian off and on for a few years, I can count to 10 and use some basic direction language. I wish I spoke it more fluently.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  5:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“We have a small local library which does not require a card, I do pay for audible so I get a free book to listen to once a month.

This pile is massive, I took a picture of a small section of it. Love reading.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  5:10:21 PM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Forage for Food Merit Badge!

“Dandelions, Cattails, pawpaws, persimmons, elderberries, watercress, and some mushrooms are a few of the edible plants in our area. I have an elderberry tree in the empty lot across from my house. I hope to harvest some this summer and make something with it. They should be ready to harvest in August. Can't wait to harvest some food.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  6:22:24 PM  Show Profile
Rachel Naylor (raynaylor, #8514) has received certificates of achievement in Outpost for earning Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Levels of the Wild Game Merit Badge!

“Beginner: My research came from talking with others regarding what kind of hunting most people do in the area. For researching handling of the meats I visited different processors and gathered information from my family. For the laws I get the regulation magazine each year.

Intermediate: I completed the hunter safety course back in 2014. I have gone hunting with someone whom had a license. I assisted my dad in making deer jerky.

Expert: I have my lifetime hunting license. I followed proper care in the field when dressing at least two deer. I have visited 3 different processing places and learned about the process from a former FDA food inspector. I have used as much of the animal as I could for cooking and the tail of the deer to tie flies for fishing.

All of my hunting experiences have been really fun and a great way to bond with my dad. I enjoy having the meat to cook with without worrying about the quality of the meat or where it came from.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  6:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nellinger (citychick03, #8229) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Merit Badge!

“I repurposed an old stationery box that I had from childhood. I thought it would be a fun choice for letter writing.

I used the top compartment for holding note cards, loose paper, and envelopes. The middle compartment I used for my address book. The bottom two compartments were used to hold stamps, address labels, and pens. I loved how it turned out and I'm looking forward to using it as my letter box station!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  6:27:11 PM  Show Profile
Bea Campbell (quiltingbea, #2575) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Carpe Cocoa Merit Badge!

“For this badge I read the book The True History of Chocolate. I found the book very interesting. I learned how chocolate was used both as a drink and the cocoa beans was use as currency natives of South America.

The difference between dark, milk and white chocolate are:

Dark chocolate does not have any milk solids.
Milk chocolate contains milk solids.
White chocolate contains cocoa butter no cocoa solids.

I tried all three chocolates. And found that I like dark chocolate the best for it's taste and it's health benefits.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  6:29:49 PM  Show Profile
Hannah Frankowski (GinnyBelle, #6994) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“To earn this level, I had to research an influential person from my chosen culture. I chose Cléoma Breaux Falcon, the first woman to be inducted into the Cajun Music Hall of Fame. I posted my findings on the Merit Badge chit chat board.

I also had to learn some common words or phrases to incorporate into my day to day speech. I chose as follows:

Allons: Let’s go
Ça c-est born: That’s good
Cher: term of endearment similar to dear or sweetheart
Envie: a longing or hunger to do or eat something
Fails do-do: Cajun dance party
Joie de vivre: Joy of living
Lagniappe: something extra
Laissez les bons temps rouler: Let the good times roll
Minou: Cat

I think it turned out wonderfully. I really enjoyed not just learning about Cléoma, but about early Cajun music in general. I have been a fan for many years.

I also enjoyed learning and using some of the words and phrases. They add such a fun flair to my vocabulary. Even my husband has picked up on using a few of them. He especially likes telling me he has an envie for foods he wants because he knows it doubles his chances of getting them. LOL!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  6:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Merit Badge!

“I borrowed the book 365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed my Life by John Kralik from our local library. Kralik writes "One of the most comforting aspects of writing a thank-you note was that it produced a tangible product. Although I was giving it away and not keeping a copy, I felt I had introduced something into the world that made a small positive difference. A piece of paper that would most certainly have been thrown out had been turned into a concrete expression of gratitude to someone else - and would have a positive effect by reminding a person that they had touched me in a positive way. That seemed to give me a better sense of accomplishment than meditation or yoga.

My dear friend, Pam, (from Australia) is having a birthday in February. I decided to send her a surprise parcel with a card, thanking her for our continued friendship. I also wrote thank you notes to our new friends from church who invited us to dinner at their house, and to my clinical manager at work for her kind words in my recent evaluation.

This merit badge has spurred me on to complete the expert level of the "Farmgirl Gratitude" merit badge.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2023 :  6:34:23 PM  Show Profile
Andrea Garey (AndreaPA, #8166) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Merit Badge!

“I signed up for a swap and sent a letter-writing box to my swap partner. I decorated the box with papers on the bottom – scrapbooking papers that look like old letters – and swirly stickers on the lid. I included papers, note cards - one set with pictures I took, pens, plain paper, calligraphy marker and a pencil case. I added an address book after I took the picture. I had fun putting this together, just waiting for my swap partner to receive it so I can add a picture here. I didn’t know how hard it would be to find a stationery set. I went to 3 different places. The last place –a book store – told me the stationary was near the journals. There was no stationery. “The Lost Art” is so true.

My swap partner liked the package I put together for her and I had a lot of fun putting everything together.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  09:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Merit Badge!

“I created a letter writing box/station with envelopes, stationery, cards, stamps, a favorite pen, and a notebook. I have an address book that I use already. It turned out so good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  09:28:27 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Lost Art of Letter Writing Merit Badge!

“I read a book on letter writing. The book I read was If You Find This Letter by Hannah Brencher. I also sent out 3 handmade cards to friends who needed some happy mail. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  09:29:40 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Get 'er Done Merit Badge!

“I created a team of farmgirls for the purpose of helping each other. We went from house to house helping them with anything they needed to be done, on a regular basis, at least once per month for two hours at a time for three months. It turned out to be a lot of fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  09:30:36 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Get 'er Done Merit Badge!

“I helped a farmgirl with a major “get 'er done” project. We worked together to get the Nursery ready for the baby, which was due in two months. We painted the room and two cribs, and organized the rest of the room. It took a total of 20 hours to get it done. It turned out good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  09:31:30 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Get 'er Done Merit Badge!

“I volunteered to help with a major “get 'er done” project outside your circle. We had a Veteran's lunch fundraiser, where we donated food and music and had an auction. The Veterans eat for free, and all others had to pay. All the money that was raised wet to buy Christmas gifts for the vets. I put five hours of time into this. I also helped to give goods to the needy at the food pantry, which I volunteered for 10 hours. It was fun and turned out good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  09:33:51 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Know Your Food Merit Badge!

“I shared with the Farmgirl Connection chatroom some info on the impact of the local farmer's markets and food Co-op on our health. When food is produced, processed, distributed, and sold all within the same region, more money stays in the local economy. This leads to economic development and job creation. Farmer's markets provide opportunities for small farmers and businesses to sell their products, and they help meet the growing demand for locally produced food. Being able to quickly and directly market to the consumer gives farmers important income opportunities without the added costs of shipping, storage, and inventory control. Beyond the economic and business benefits, farmers' markets give communities across the country access to fresh, healthy foods, especially in urban and rural areas where shopping options may be limited. What began as a business necessity for many small farmers has evolved into a social event for entire communities, with many families and patrons viewing a trip to the Saturday morning market as the start of their social weekend. As markets grow, new features like live music, cooking demonstrations, gardening tips, and educational opportunities are added.

Businesses that surround farmer's markets also benefit from the additional foot traffic that the market brings.

WHAT IS REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE? Noble defines as “the process of restoring degraded soils using practices based on ecological principles.” It requires managing a farm or a ranch by considering the interactions among the soil, water, plants, animals, and humans—interconnected pieces of one whole system."

The benefits of regenerative ranching include:
Increased soil organic matter and biodiversity.
Healthier and more productive soil that is drought- and flood-resilient.
Decreased use of chemical inputs and subsequent pollution.
Cleaner air and water.
Enhanced wildlife habitat.
Carbon is captured in the soil to combat climate variability.
With regenerative agriculture, producers are not just sustaining the current land resource so that it can continue to be used in the future. They are actually improving what is there, leaving it better for the next generation.

I've been buying organic and locally grown foods as much as possible. I've found out where your food comes from, from the ground up. I did a class offering your methods for how to “change your diet, change your life" with some friends. I read the book In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  10:12:35 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Furniture Makeover Merit Badge!

“I watched several YouTube videos on restoring furniture. I went to my garage and found a coat rack that I was going to clean up and add some new on it so we could hang our jackets on. It came out just how I wanted it to.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  10:13:14 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (#8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Furniture Makeover Merit Badge!

“I went to Home Depot and talked to them about stains, paints, and several different things. I bought some more paint to paint my shelf. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a stencil to put on my piece. I spent 2 hours sanding off the stain that was on it. I then had to put 3 coats of paint over it to make it look good. I stenciled it but did not like how it bled and leaked it looked bad. So I put 2 more coats of paint over it and did some highlights in a different color. Waited for it to dry and put some tea hooks at the bottom to hang keys on. Then I decided to go to my Magnolia design stencils and found on I could put on it. Magnolia stencils don't bleed. I got a much better result with it. I spent about 10 hours on this. I posted pictures of it in Merit Badge Chit Chat. I like how it came out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  10:14:32 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Light the Way Merit Badge!

“I looked at the example in MaryJane's Ideabook, then I made my chandelier with canning jars, a wire wheel hoop, rope, jute twine and flameless battery candles.
I made it so you can hang it outside or on a wall. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  10:15:54 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Light the Way Merit Badge!

“I learned how to split wood by reading MaryJane's methods in her Ideabook. Next up is tackling some trees on my ranch.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2023 :  10:44:43 AM  Show Profile
Carmen Touchette (#8514) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“I've made my own laundry detergent, but I was not a fan.

The husband got into making our own soap this year so we've been using only that for at least 6 months.

I've made and still make a large number of my household cleaners. I share my recipes with anyone who will listen, always encouraging cheaper and healthier choices. Love going green.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page